Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ting =) wrote:@Muffin.
How about joining the Xdaamno wagon? 27 pages in day 1 is ridiculous considering there are only 9 players. A mini would have been in day 2 by now...
I have considered it and proberbly should considering i went through that pyramaid with him and he came up with really poor reasoning however I believe he was doing it for the right reasons. Doesnt mean i wont join the wagon but there is just that thing now pulling me back even know i dont have a clue wat it is.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

ting =) wrote:
@Muffin.
How about joining the Xdaamno wagon? 27 pages in day 1 is ridiculous considering there are only 9 players. A mini would have been in day 2 by now...

I have considered it and proberbly should considering i went through that pyramaid with him and he came up with really poor reasoning however I believe he was doing it for the right reasons. Doesnt mean i wont join the wagon but there is just that thing now pulling me back even know i dont have a clue wat it is.
Dude that's crazy, if you think im mafia then vote me. If you dont think im mafia or believe it is strategic to keep the claimed doc, then dont jump on the wagon. If you vote me just to get the game moving, its like saying lets put ourselves at a disadvantage just to speed up the game.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by muffinhead »

SD_Reaper wrote:
ting =) wrote:
@Muffin.

Dude that's crazy, if you think im mafia then vote me. If you dont think im mafia or believe it is strategic to keep the claimed doc, then dont jump on the wagon. If you vote me just to get the game moving, its like saying lets put ourselves at a disadvantage just to speed up the game.
I actually agree with this, the only good post that i can remeber of recent times from sd lol
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

muffinhead wrote:
Pull the other one.

Despite the fact I gave perfect reasons and you backed out of the argument because you were losing,
I
was the one with poor reasoning :?
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Xdaamno wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
Pull the other one.

Despite the fact I gave perfect reasons and you backed out of the argument because you were losing,
I
No i backed out because i was wasting my time talking to a brick wall that repeated itself every single time
Show

Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Xdaamno »

muffinhead wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
Pull the other one.

I
No i backed out because i was wasting my time talking to a brick wall that repeated itself every single time
Any basis for that insult? Thought not. Anyone's who actually read any of our conversation should know that applies to you more than me regardless of who they agree with.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Rishi »

I really really don't like ting's assessment that anyone who is thinking of lynching SD must be scum. It's kind of ridiculous. Even ting himself admits that SD is playing poorly.

One thing to consider is that we will have to deal with this dilemma pretty much every day. The Mafia would be kind of crazy to kill SD now, if he's really the doc (considering how likely he is to be lynched). In fact, if the Mafia has a roleblocker, there's no risk to leave him alive - they can simply negate his protection. So, tomorrow we'll have the same argument about whether or not to lynch SD. We'll probably then lynch another one of his attackers and then suddenly be in lynch-or-lose when we actually have to figure out whether SD is the doc or not. At least, if we lynch him now, then it's over. The argument ends and we can move on to some other line of conversation tomorrow.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:57 am

Post by ting =) »

rishi wrote:I really really don't like ting's assessment that anyone who is thinking of lynching SD must be scum. It's kind of ridiculous. Even ting himself admits that SD is playing poorly.
No, that was not my assessment. My assessment was that the scum have more to gain and the town has more at risk. I don't think anyone thinking of lynching SD must be scum, but it gives them +scumpoints in my book if I don't buy their reasoning.
rishi wrote:At least, if we lynch him now, then it's over. The argument ends and we can move on to some other line of conversation tomorrow.
Didn't you say you weren't trying to get SD lynched?
rishi wrote:We'll probably then lynch another one of his attackers and then suddenly be in lynch-or-lose when we actually have to figure out whether SD is the doc or not.
We haven't even discussed tomorrow's lynch yet. I'll be basing my decision on who I'll put my vote on based on what we'll find out about whoever gets lynched and the nk. We'll have more information day 2 than just who attacked SD you know.

@muffin and twiglees.
The votes are tied at 3-3.I doubt we'll get much more discussion besides rehashings of what have already been said. It falls to you two to make a lynch.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 4:46 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

SD_Reaper
(3):
Xdaamno, icemanE, Rishi

Xdaamno
(3):
ting =), SD_Reaper, OhGodMyLife

not voting
(3):
Metalic, muffinhead, Twiglees

Lynch at five.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Twiglees »

Vote: Xdammno

He does seem like the scummiest at the moment. Xdammno, please claim if you are a power role.

Also, I think we should delay any lynch until he responds and Metalic gets replaced.

About SD's play, it could just be bad power role play by a newbie.
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 am

Post by MeMe »

Alabaska J replaces Metalic, effective immediately
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Twiglees wrote:
Vote: Xdammno

He does seem like the scummiest at the moment. Xdammno, please claim if you are a power role.

Also, I think we should delay any lynch until he responds and Metalic gets replaced.

About SD's play, it could just be bad power role play by a newbie.
That came out of nowhere.

(No, I'm not a power role)
Cracking Idea Mafia
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Hey I'm rereading right now. I'm on page seven, but Mother's Day plans take priority. I'll try to finish the read-through and have an intelligent post by Tuesday.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:58 am

Post by icemanE »

@Ala

Finally, a replacement, welcome to the game, enjoy the madness.

@Farside

Happy Mothers Day.

@ Everybody else

Don't hammer X until Ala weighs in.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Mm, I'm not happy with this. To my knowledge, my logic has been perfect recently and you guys even agree with me regarding SD; yet you use phrases like don't lynch 'yet' -_-
Cracking Idea Mafia
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 8:07 am

Post by icemanE »

Xdaamno wrote:Mm, I'm not happy with this. To my knowledge, my logic has been perfect recently and you guys even agree with me regarding SD; yet you use phrases like don't lynch 'yet' -_-
I don't think you should be lynched, but I'm afraid that there's probably at least one person out there that does, and that's all its gonna take. So I want to hear the replacement has to say first.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:32 am

Post by muffinhead »

I really cannot be bothered to continue this day. Something i never thought i would see myself saying.
Show

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Rishi »

Xdaamno wrote:Mm, I'm not happy with this. To my knowledge, my logic has been perfect recently and you guys even agree with me regarding SD; yet you use phrases like don't lynch 'yet' -_-
I have no desire to lynch you.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:17 am

Post by MeMe »

Generally I only set deadlines when posting has fallen off completely because, in my opinion, as long as there's conversation there's new useful information. However, this is getting ridiculous & I seriously doubt I'd be able to find any other replacements for a thread this long if anyone else quits. So...

Deadline time
-- I'm setting it for
8:30 a.m. EST Monday, May 19
(a bit more than one week from this post).

Here's how it works: when the deadline hits, night falls regardless of whether players have reached a majority decision. Player with most votes at deadline will hang. Usually mods require there be at least half the usual number of votes...so that means, in this case, at least 3 votes. If there's a tie for three votes, whichever player got there first is the lucky winner of a noose 'round the neck. If no player has at least 3 votes, everyone keeps breathing, though night will still fall. If a majority decision (five votes) is reached before deadline, night will fall as usual.

Got it?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Rishi »

I think the discussion has gone as far as it can go. I think muffinhead and Alabraska J need to vote.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Since that can only end one way, I'm opposed to that. If every player continues to vote for who they find scummiest I'm certain we'll have atleast 3 votes on one player, and we'll have an improved chance of finding scum.

Don't relax at this point, it's the most important part of the game so far. Play the right damn strategy.
Cracking Idea Mafia
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 4:32 am

Post by ting =) »

Yes, they need to vote. I'm dreading having to reread day 2. From the road to rome page, I saw that there was an F11 game at day 4 already by page 25. We're not even done with the first day. =(
xdaamno wrote:Mm, I'm not happy with this. To my knowledge, my logic has been perfect recently and you guys even agree with me regarding SD; yet you use phrases like don't lynch 'yet'
You haven't addressed every post addressed your way. Also, no, I don't agree with you regarding SD. He's exhibited scummy behaviour, yes, but that doesn't necessarily make him scum. Also, only ice said 'yet'. I want a lynch now.
xdaamno wrote:Since that can only end one way, I'm opposed to that. If every player continues to vote for who they find scummiest I'm certain we'll have atleast 3 votes on one player, and we'll have an improved chance of finding scum.
Huh? What are you talking about, we already have one player with 3 votes on him and one player with 4 on him. Was that post maybe meant for a different game?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Xdaamno »

ting =) wrote:Yes, they need to vote. I'm dreading having to reread day 2. From the road to rome page, I saw that there was an F11 game at day 4 already by page 25. We're not even done with the first day. =(
xdaamno wrote:Mm, I'm not happy with this. To my knowledge, my logic has been perfect recently and you guys even agree with me regarding SD; yet you use phrases like don't lynch 'yet'
You haven't addressed every post addressed your way. Also, no, I don't agree with you regarding SD. He's exhibited scummy behaviour, yes, but that doesn't necessarily make him scum. Also, only ice said 'yet'. I want a lynch now.

Ah, right, you reminded me of OhGod's post which I made a note to review. Though, by my post, I didn't mean "I've made a perfect argument". I meant "The arguments I have made have been flawless", if you see what I mean.

And I hate how pretentious that looks, but I honestly can't see where I've slipped up recently, which is why I'm pretty confused.

xdaamno wrote:Since that can only end one way, I'm opposed to that. If every player continues to vote for who they find scummiest I'm certain we'll have atleast 3 votes on one player, and we'll have an improved chance of finding scum.
Huh? What are you talking about, we already have one player with 3 votes on him and one player with 4 on him. Was that post maybe meant for a different game?

Nope, just me thinking mathmatically again. I meant it couldn't really hurt our chances of getting 3 votes on a player, so we're not really losing anything at the deadline; infact we're gaining it, as there's less senseless bandwagoning and more people voting for who they truly believe is scum.
So yeah, make your mind up now, and vote who you think is scum, rather than being a sheep.

/motivational poster
Cracking Idea Mafia
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:30 am

Post by muffinhead »

Well as i said i have no major leads on anyone and i havnt liked X the enitre game. So since i have to vote i will

vote X

also
mod prod ogml
havnt seen him since his first post.
Show

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:32 am

Post by MeMe »

End-of-Day Count

Xdaamno
(5):
ting =), SD_Reaper, OhGodMyLife, Twiglees, muffinhead

SD_Reaper
(3):
Xdaamno, icemanE, Rishi

not voting
(1):
Alabaska J

~~~~~~~~

Awesome job on lynching someone before deadline! Too bad
Xdaamno
was a
Townie
. :(

Night choices are due by
5:45 p.m. EST Wednesday, May 14
(a bit more than 48 hours from this post).

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”