springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Hello, been too busy to post :)

The dahen thing was a test, I haven't actually reached any decision yet, here is what I'm really thinking.

Confirmed poweroles:
- town martyr
- neutral survivor
- town weakling

Alive:
- day kill power - claimed oneshot vig
- 2 masons - both claimed town
- me, vanilla scientist

Conclusion: if DGB were the only scum, the game would be frigging unbalanced, and even if it was the case, me not infecting her at this point wouldn't lose the game as the next person can still do it.

Now,
dahen wrote:If what you are saying here is correct, then a one-man mafia could NEVER win the game, since he/she would always be infected in the end.
this is true, which leads me to believe that the vaccine being the key is also very probable.

Then, if DGB being the only scum scenario is unlikely and the plain tie scenario doesn't work, which scenario would work?

Here is what I think is the most likely: whoever is in possession of the vaccine is immunized against the virus. Masons can reunite the vaccine and put it to use but one of the mason is scum and holding the vaccine back.

Does me not wanting to infect DGB makes sense now?

Now here is something which has also been trotting in the back of my mind: what if there is no scum at all and that we could stop the infection from spreading simply by refusing to infect anyone? Thoughts?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I don't think refusing to infect anyone will stop the infection, just make it so a random person gets infected.

Having zero scum in the game is an interesting idea, although an extremely unlikely one imo. I think we have either 1 or 2 scum.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 5:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

FOS Dragons of Summer
for suggesting that a random infection would be desirable.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

SpringLullaby can *BARELY* move! Her arms and legs have necrosded and there is some bad black bile leaking out from under her fingernails. GROSS! The deadline is in three days so make sure to infect someone before then, Ms. Lullaby!
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 8:02 am

Thats not what I'm suggesting at all... I was responding to her question by saying that not choosing who to infect would make it so a random person was infected rather than stop the infections all together... not that a random infection is better.
-Tyler Durden
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Meh, I thought the conversation would have picked up a bit.

Yeah, I'm giving up on the no scum theory, the temptation of doing something when you can is too strong to resist. Put it out there mainly because I wanted to be able to say 'ha, at least I thought of it' on the 1/10000 chance of it happening.

So DGB do you still think I should infect dahen?

DoS do you still think infecting DGB is best?

Dahen, same question.

Please hurry up in answering before the deadline, I'd like to die before my ovaries start rotting and falling off or something e
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by springlullaby »

qualy gross happens.

(see, that thought frightened me to the point of hitting submit in the middle of a sentence, hurry up!)
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 2:15 am

Post by springlullaby »

Right, won't have internet access over the week end.

Infect: DragonsofSummer

I hope I made the right choice. I strongly suspect a two remaining scum with one member being DGB but I already explained why I'm not infecting her. She is being pushing really hard agains dahen, I doubt she would have been clairvoyant enough to have thought of reverse psychology while doing that; I also doubt the FoS on DoS was 'reversed-reverse' psychology.

In any case, if DoS is not scum and the game hasn't ended by then, he should probably infect DGB.

Let's see.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Skruffs »

Springlullaby gestures to DragonsofSummer.

"Come here, my precious," she rasps. "There is something I must share with you..."
Dahen and DGB politely manhandle DoS over in front of the sick springlullaby. By now the lesions had covered much of her face, and she was looking quite sickly.

"y-yes, Springlullaby?" DoS gulped. "What did you want to say-"

But he was interrupted! As springlullaby wheeeezed and a black foggy breath spewed out over DoS, contaminating him. DGB and dahen recoiled and hid as DoS rolled around on the floor, coughing and blurbling. "Aaagh ouuuch it burns why" he says, and some other stuff.

SpringLullaby, unfortunately, did not make it. She has expired like that can of yogurt you forgot about in the back of the fridge. She was a
Research Scientist
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 7:32 am

Infect DrippingGoofball
-Tyler Durden
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

DrippingGoofball is the first to come out of hiding.
"So, um... DoS... sorry about that whole forcing you tobe AAAGH!"

DoS is having nothing of it, as he channels all of his rage into a sonic boom of sickliness. DGB is covered in blood and virii, before dying.

DrippingGoofBall is Infected

Dragons of Summer
Evil Mafia
has died.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

Also:
When DragonsOfSummer died, page Two of Three of the Vaccine was revealed.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by dahen »

Oh, thanks for not being prodded or PM:ed by DoS. At least I'm alive. I was pretty sure I was being lynched, so I stepped in to see if it was time to infect DGB.

Evil mafia doesn't sound like one player only. And since DoS chose DGB, it should be pretty clear. Except that I'm not scum. I do have the last piece of the vaccine, and I have no idea on how to proceed.

Mod:
If I can use all the three pieces of the vaccine to vaccinate myself, I'd like to do that right now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:32 pm

Infect: dahen
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:34 pm

dahen wrote:Oh, thanks for not being prodded or PM:ed by DoS. At least I'm alive. I was pretty sure I was being lynched, so I stepped in to see if it was time to infect DGB.

Evil mafia doesn't sound like one player only. And since DoS chose DGB, it should be pretty clear. Except that I'm not scum. I do have the last piece of the vaccine, and I have no idea on how to proceed.

Mod:
If I can use all the three pieces of the vaccine to vaccinate myself, I'd like to do that right now.
Why are so saying that??? DoS is scum, and has to infect you or me. Obviously, he'll infect the townie. The remaining player is his scumbuddy, which would be you.

When you say "Except that I'm not scum" who are you trying to convince? Haha.

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Skruffs »

DrippingGoofball and Dahen sized each other up, circling around the room that was littered with the (some of them quite smelly) corpses of their friends and compatriots. DrippingGoofball went to say something... Dahen baited her on. She stopped, shrugged, and phlegmed him.

And then she died.

Drippinggoofball,
Town Germophobe,
has died.

Dahen, the last remaining mafia, looked around the room. He checked a few corpses, and then pulled out his last page of the vaccine. "Those fools," he muttered, as he worked up a quick batch of the vaccine and doses himself. Within minutes, the infection leaved his body, and he was safe. He opened the door to the compound... ruins and wreckage, everywhere. And deathly, deathly silence. He nodded, wipping a tear from his eyes. "I'm sorry, friends," he said to the corpses he's left in the room. "Especially you, DragonsOfSummer.. But there was no way I could allow this virus... or it's vaccine.. to fall into the wrong hands. I had to make sure ALL of you died."

He headed into the jungle, never to be seen again.

DAhen and DragonsOfSummer, Evil Mafia, win the game! Yay.

For hte record, some people asked me once springlullaby was infected, why I did not end the game then and there. Well I wanted to see first of all if there would be a clean sweep by scum, by her infecting DGB, or not. After she infected DOS, I was ready to end the game but decided to see if DOS or DGB wanted to propose their own theatrical exits. Plus I hoped it would make the remaining players a bit nervous as to what the 'real deal' was.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

Game Rundown:

Here are the roles and their relevance.

The vaccine was merely flavor, which is why I refused to comment on it after some players CLAIMED to have it. I could not believe that the mafia claimed to be masons who had the vaccine in a nightless game and in which the townie role clearly states that the bad guys have stolen the vaccine and you are trying to find them. Somehow, though, it worked.

* DrippingGoofball - Germophobe -
Germophobe wrote: You are a research scientist. Holed up in this filthy, grimy hovel with
other disgustingly contaminated scientists, you are glad, so glad,
that you picked up that gun you found on the ground. You check the
magazine, and find it still has one bullet in it. Good. If you have to, you
will use it. You know that the plans for the vaccine has been stolen...
If you can find those who stole them, and 'do what is necessary' to get
those plans back, you can exterminate this sickness and be lauded in
the international research community. Others may be suspicious of a man with a gun though. You may want to be careful.

you have a gun with one bullet in it. If you shoot an infected
person with it, you will immediately be infected as their contaminated blood
splatters you. You win when the virus menace is exterminated and the
people responsible for it are destroyed!
This was the probably the role I would not put in the game again. It worked out about the way I thought it might - having a one-shot kill ability does nothing to officially clear a player, but it does confirm the role of a player if it is used. The closer to endgame it gets, of course, the more powerful the role becomes, which sort of reflects the mentality of the germophobe with a gun in the game. It was offset by the idea that the germophobe could shoot an infected player (like mafia) and get infected themselves - If for example the germophobe thought someone else was cleared by a claim, or was playing a very good game. On the downside, the mafia would almost have no way to kill her unless the first mafia to be infected, infects her back. (Which is what happened in the end) - if DragonsOfSummer had been infected day 2 like nature had intended (Good work on that Rosso Carne), then unless DGB had claimed it may have been hard for the last scum to win.

* Simenon - Unused role - "Carrier"
Originally Simenon was going to be a 'hidden' role of a carrier - someone who would not be publicly announced as having the disease, and who (after being infected) would be PM'd the actual role he has. HE would be able to privately infect someone, who would also not be notified until a week after Simenon died. I thought that such a role did town no *significant* harm, the disease would still be carried on, and in fact another player (The Jester I think?) privately PM'd me about such an idea of his own volition later on in the game, or of threatening to do such a thing. It wasn't implemented, unfortunately, and I blame Simenon for that.

* Battle Mage/somestrangeflea - Martyr
Martyr wrote: You are a Junior Research Scientist. You are not as smart as some of your colleagues, but you do your best to help out.
You know that some of the other research scientists are much better prepared for this sort of things than you are...
so...
because you care so much for them, you can at some point in the game
Redirect an infection to yourself
, sparing someone else from the twisted fate.
To do such a thing, you *must* PM me with your intentions *After* a player has tried to infect another player, and before I reveal the role of hte player
who did hte infection. You will always have at least one day to do so.
You win when the virus menace is exterminated and the
people responsible for it are destroyed!
This and the one-shot vig role were both double edged, which was exactly what I was intending to have. The Martyr had the ability to 'take the fall' for another player - either one who was playing better (As the role suggests) or one who claimed a nice role (As what actually happened). It was a role that could not be proven except in using it, and using it would only lead to the user's death, which winds up preventing the role from being able to clear itself in any way shape or form.

* The Jester - Weakling
Weakling wrote: You are a research scientist. You want to escape this prison, but you
know that you can't, not as long as the virus is still present. You
don't know who released the virus, and you don't know who stole the plans
for the vaccine, but whoever they are, they have to pay! And, well, what
could be a more fitting fate than to use their own weapons against them?

You win when the virus menace is exterminated and the people
responsible for it are destroyed

*cough* What a horrible time to have the flu! On top of the virus that's going around, you *also* have the common cold,
which makes you *especially* vulnerable to getting sick! Groan! Because you are such a
Weakling
, if a player dies without
infecting another player... you will *automatically* be infected.

After they have died, they get this notice by PM
Ugh, what a horrible way to go.... but you'll get the bastards who did this to you! With your last gasping breath, you manage to spit some snot into the air and towards another player. That player is now *weakened* and will be the next player to be infected in the case of a No-Vote. Do not mention this to any player still inside the game. Thank you!
This was the failsafe in case someone idled out of the game or refused to infect someone else, the weakling becomes the automatic infectee. The role was randomly decided between all 11 roles, after all other roles had been assigned (I would have given it to a power role or mafia had it happened to fall on them, as unfair as that may seem). The role was useful to me as a mod, because it kept the game from stalling, and it also put a SECONDARY illness into the game, one that only 'moved' as it needed to. A contaminated weakling could infect two players (there'd be no reason to infect one) which doubles the potential amount of damage they can do.

Now we get to the not-so-town roles. The basis of these roles was, of course, to give the town something to accompolish. The Janitor/survivor role was originally going to be a 'golden child' type role; if they were revealed and killed the rest fo the town would automatically lose. That seemed a bit unfair to not only have to KILL two players and to also PROTECT a player, though, (and would force the martyr role to be removed or else the mafia wouldn't be able to win), so it became a normal survivor type role. I distinguished the non-town roles from the others by devising a vaccine that had been stolen, three pages of which that were given, one page each, to the three non-town roles. This gave the mafia a slight advantage, as the survivor could wind up being their ally if he played his cards right, and wound up being disease bait if he didn't (Which is what happened).

* UltimaAvalon - Janitor (Survivor) -
Janitor wrote: You are a Janitor, and you don't understand all of this fancy mumbo
jumbo. You escaped the carnage outside with a group of other people, most
of whom seem to be scientist-types. They are talking about vaccines n
super viruses n all that, but you don't care. All you want to do is
survive, to get home to your wife n kids.

You are a Survivor. As long as
you are alive when any other group's win condition is met, you will
win along side them.

Incidentally, in the chaos for safety, you saw two suspicious looking individuals,
scientist-types in fact, drop a piece of paper on their run for the building you
are holed up in now. You picked it up, being neat and orderly like that. Now
everyone's talking about missing papers for the vaccine for this virus...
It looks like everyone is looking for that paper, now, and it looks like they have MURDER in their eyes!
Be very careful!
Ahh, the human element. He had a family, you know! And you guys killed him. He never did nobody any harm and yet he was killed to death by some paranoid research scientists. I realized after I put this role in the game, that survivors are basically horrible roles to get, and I Apologize to UA for having to deal with it.

Which leads us to the Mafia:
Congrats Dahen and DragonsOfSummer!
Evil Mafia wrote:You are a Research Scientist, aka "Evil Mafia". Except you aren't! It's just what the Other
research scientists think! Those fools...
you aren't the ones who released the virus. But you know what the virus is, and you know
how to stop it! And that's why the others are trying to find and kill you. You and your
partner each have a third of the formula needed to produce a a vaccine against the virus.
You don't know who has the last part, but somehow they got it from *you*, which means they
might know that *you* have it! Be *very* careful!
Only you and your partner knows the truth - that *Everyone* is already contaminated with
a low-level form of the virus! So you know that none of these, your colleagues, can leave
this building alive. If the government got their hands on even ONE of them, the entire *world*
could be at risk! You must try to make sure that NOBODY except you and your partner, ( )
who you trust implicitly, leave this place. You win when the virus menace is exterminated and everyone trying to kill you is dead!
I kind of had fun wiht the flavor text with the mafia... trying to rationalize why they are considered evil mafia. They aren't 'bad', persay, they just realize the
Horrible Truth
, that if any of the other players find the vaccine and use it, they will unwiittingly allow this virus to fall into the hands of evil government corporations on their return to civilization! So they had to tighten their belts and do what needed to be done, make sure nobody left the compound but them. So they weren't evil, they were responsible. The townsfolk were just very selfish, trying to be alive. >.>

They had no power roles except htat Dahen, who was randomly assigned the first mafia role, got to choose who his partner was. He chose Dragons of Summer. Then all of hte other roles were assigned to the other players other than those two. They could day talk (As said in the rules) and they seemed to make a pretty good team.

I"m still flabbergasted that you guys would think I would put masons who know each other are town in the game, though. I mean... really. :(

Well that's about it!
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:57 am

Post by springlullaby »

Man, I hate losing. At least I didn't infect DGB. DoS, the truth now, did you write 'antidote' thinking it looked more innocent than vaccine?

But yeah, we should have tested one of the mason earlier.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:35 am

Post by The Jester »

I blame Battlemage for the line, "You can thank me later."

Then DGB said something to me, was a towntell, "BM is a hero."

Freaking, gah....I realized the flavor, but I thought it was too...obvious that the mafia would go "Hi, we're mafia and are looking for the vaccine." that and the claiming masons after being infected? Why, WHY would they claim mason if they would have come up mafia ?

That confused me, and yeah...

I'm very sad now.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

argh, i just realised i saved the scum. -.-

great. But hey, look on the bright side. When UA loses, we are all winners! :D

Furthermore, with this post, i move ahead of Yosarian2 on post count, and become the 4th top poster on site! :D

Yippeeyaikaieh!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 9:48 am

Post by The Jester »

With that, can we change your title to "Mostly Improved"?

I kid.

No I should have realized that the mafia actually claimed mafia through flavor. I feel really dumb for that, it's just the whole claiming for no reason got to me. They shouldn't have guessed a martyer protect was in here. Believing a mason claim was stupid.

Well technically we were "mafia" in the fact Skruffs said we're selfish for wanting to live. So, go Town for winning.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:03 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm so sorry...I'm the dumb one here...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Skruffs »

Don't think anyone played dumbly.. I am guessing that DoS claiomed mason on a whim and wound up running wiht it.. but I was flabbergasted when Dahen also went along with it!
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 11:06 am

Post by The Jester »

DoS got infected and said

"I'm a mason you idiot"

It's all downhill from there really..
Simenon