TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Replacing him clearly being listed as the preferable option, with having him actually play listed before that. They were listed in that order for a reason.

And how does the statement "I'd just as soon have him replaced" imply that lynching him is my first choice?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by icemanE »

Replacing him clearly being listed as the preferable option, with having him actually play listed before that. They were listed in that order for a reason.

And how does the statement "I'd just as soon have him replaced" imply that lynching him is my first choice?
I think you've cleared up what you meant. A misinterpretation on my part.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

While I am voting for ice right now, I'd kind of prefer to lynch someone who is less active (aka Nano) because regardless of ice's alliance, I think it can only help if he is alive later in the game because we have a lot of content and interaction to analyze vs. someone who no one knows anything about or has a read on one way or the other (aka Nano).

Plus the mod is struggling for a replacement, let's help him out and get rid of Nano anyways.

Seriously this is Nano:

-Random vote
-No posts for a week
-Vote for a townie who has the most votes (for no good reason at all)
-Go MIA again

Yeah I understand he hasn't been on the site since that post (or at least hasn't posted) but seriously, his bandwagon vote put me on L-2 and it was post #113 in the game. He had 112 posts to go over (okay not *quite* that many since some were mod posts and irrelevant stuff, but that still leaves a lot) and all he does is single out the easiest townie target and make up some BS to make it look like he has a reason for his vote? Clearly a scum move.

unvote; vote: Nano
Tigers ate my signature.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by TDC »

I find it hard to judge someone on _two_ posts and would prefer to wait for his replacement to say anything.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

icemanE wrote:Ha, if you could find some posts to demonstrate that I'm "disappointed" that we weren't lynching Mafia I'd appreciate it, because that's not true. I do remember saying we should lynch someone by the end of the page, that was page 12. I said:
TSPN already quoted that, and you had no answer
icemanE wrote:The way that actually reads is, we should lynch him if he keeps this up, BUT, it would be OK to replace him, too.
No, it doesn't
ZeekLTK wrote:Plus the mod is struggling for a replacement, let's help him out and get rid of Nano anyways.
Zeek always fails at reading the game.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Johoohno »

Mod: Prod Greasy Spot please
I noticed that he finished his Haggle game in the mish mash forum yesterday. Now he should be able to return to this game (we really don't want more people being replaced).

Also, my FoS on Zeek shows to be valid still due to this:
ZeekLTK wrote: Plus the mod is struggling for a replacement, let's help him out and get rid of Nano anyways.
I'll let my vote on MafiaSSK remain so that there is some pressure to deliver content on the replacement once there is one.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Yes. My game is finished. I am at work right now. I will catch up and post my thoughts tonight.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:02 am

Zeek, we should lynch someone with almost no content or interaction. . . so that way, when they come up scum/town, we have no good clues on where to go next?

I, too, will not lynch an absent player based on two posts, particularly when obvscum like iceman are allowed to walk free.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:13 am

Post by icemanE »

TSPN wrote: particularly obvscum like iceman are allowed to walk free.
Haha, man are you gonna look stupid if you lynch me.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:24 am

I've looked stupid before. And that's not a very good defense.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:26 am

Post by icemanE »

If anybody is "contributing" to the game without actually saying or doing anything important, it's Faerie at this point. His 329 is completely unnecessary, the first two things he says are unnecessary rehashes of an argument that he wasn't involved in that had already been resolved in 326, and then he calls out Zeek for not reading well, which is funny because he was too lazy to do any reading himself on the previous page:
Faerie wrote: What exactly is the iceman case again?
All Faerie has done lately is back up TSPN in arguments Faerie isn't even a part of and call people out for things like "speculating on power roles" and "not reading the posts". While it's a contribution its not altogether helpful.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:28 am

Post by icemanE »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I've looked stupid before. And that's not a very good defense.
Yeah, I'm just saying that "obvscum" is probably the lamest word I've ever heard used somewhere, and it'll look even lamer if you lynch me and find out you're wrong.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:30 am

Well, I hate to play the experience card. . . but you'll find obvscum floating around a lot on these boards.

And still, not a defense.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:35 am

Post by FaerieLord »

icemanE wrote:If anybody is "contributing" to the game without actually saying or doing anything important, it's Faerie at this point. His 329 is completely unnecessary, the first two things he says are unnecessary rehashes of an argument that he wasn't involved in that had already been resolved in 326, and then he calls out Zeek for not reading well, which is funny because he was too lazy to do any reading himself on the previous page:
Faerie wrote: What exactly is the iceman case again?
All Faerie has done lately is back up TSPN in arguments Faerie isn't even a part of and call people out for things like "speculating on power roles" and "not reading the posts". While it's a contribution its not altogether helpful.
I once heard that it's pretty much a scumtell when someone who is being investigated tries to desperately divert attention from himself. Have you ever heard of it?

Also, the first point was not a rehash. I said that you never answered his post, which he never said.

And you know what the difference between me and zeek is? I'm not trying to make crappy cases left, right and centre. Zeek is not reading, and misleading town with bad cases. If I'm not reading, all I'm doing is being another number along the lurkers.

Now tell me, what do I honestly have to answer for? These last posts are basically trying to keep some discussion in the game. If you could notice, the only people actually contributing something are you and TSPN. Until we get everyone back on board, we cannot really procede.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:50 am

Post by icemanE »

If you could notice, the only people actually contributing something are you and TSPN. Until we get everyone back on board, we cannot really procede.
This is a fine point. I agree.
I once heard that it's pretty much a scumtell when someone who is being investigated tries to desperately divert attention from himself. Have you ever heard of it?

If it's that much of a scumtell, why not vote for me?

Also, the first point was not a rehash. I said that you never answered his post, which he never said.
I guess I missed the question and in review have still not been able to find it, so I'm not sure what you're talking about here.
Now tell me, what do I honestly have to answer for? These last posts are basically trying to keep some discussion in the game.
If that was your intent, than you have succeeded. Bravo.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:34 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

What is this attack on me for "not reading"?... uhm, the mod JUST SAID:
Sudo_Nym wrote:Mod Note: I'm now fairly close to replacing MafiaSSK. However,
I will need to keep looking for a Nano-replacement.
"Still looking" implies he has been looking and still has not found one. So how is it incorrect for me to say he is "struggling to find a replacement?"

Also what do you expect from Nano's replacement? Is he going to admit he was trying to push a bandwagon against a townie? No, so all he's going to do is come in and say "hey, I don't know why Nano voted like that, I know it looks scummy but [some excuse]"... I think we have a strong scumtell (bandwagoning after providing very little content) so I'm willing to vote for him because of it.

Plus, TSPN, this is exactly what Shaka did in 533. His first post was virtually the exact same thing as Nano; They come in later in the game (remember, Nano didn't really post until #113) and ignore everything else that happened and just vote for the easiest town target (who has the most votes already) for whatever reason they could come up with...
Tigers ate my signature.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:52 am

Post by icemanE »

Isn't Zeek saying exactly what I said about mafia? Where's the rabble from the crowd about this?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Deflection, again. The difference is that zeek is trying to start a new wagon, whereas you were attempting to fuel the leading bandwagon. I disagree with him (because reading too much out of an early day 1 bandwagon is fairly futile), but its not nearly as scummy as your play.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

Read the above.

Also I'm not voting for you because I'm not convinced you're scum. I only vote when I'm absolutely convinced
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm back and reading.
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:51 am

Post by CaptainCake »

FaerieLord wrote:The barning way. It doesn't sound sincere at all.
My criticism of Iceman doesn't sound sincere at all? Care to explain a little better why not? I'm just a little confused of how my vote on iceman "struck you the wrong way".
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Lowell »

Iceman looks like he's starting to crack under the pressure, though I still have no idea what the Iceman case was.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by icemanE »

Lowell wrote:Iceman looks like he's starting to crack under the pressure, though I still have no idea what the Iceman case was.
Haha, dude, then you have no basis for making that assessment. Just read the whole game. Don't just bandwagon, weigh in on what you think of others, too.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

@Captaincake. Nothing really. It's just a gut feeling, that's why I made no emphasis about it
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:21 am

Post by icemanE »

I may or may not be slightly inactive for the next few days, final papers to write.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”