Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:22 am

Post by icemanE »

Twig wrote: However, I would not support lynching him at lylo unless we were very sure
Does that refer to SD or Metalic?
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:24 am

Post by muffinhead »

Twiglees wrote:EBWOP: I also seemed to have simulposted muffinhead, as I was doing other things while posting the last post.
only 7 minutes after me lol
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:26 am

Post by muffinhead »

anyways twiggles if the deadline was made to be today then who would u vote for and why?
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 11:45 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

SD_Reaper
(2):
Xdaamno, Metalic

Xdaamno
(1):
farside22

icemanE
(1):
ting =)

farside22
(1):
Rishi

not voting
(4):
icemanE, muffinhead, SD_Reaper, Twiglees

5=lynch.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

What the hell iceman, i really think your scum now because you unvoted me again. I already asked you if it was worth voting me even though i claimed.
SD wrote: and your willing to take that risk?
Remember when i said that, you felt you would still vote me anyways. I an others such as farside already suggested it was a stupid idea to vote for me on day 1, but you insisted. But then ting says its a bad idea and you unvote again. Before you voted me im sure you already weighed your options on whether or not it was a good idea to try and lynch the claimed doc, but now ting says something and you jump off all of a sudden.

Overall, you justified yourself voting for me and now you unvote when somebody says something thats been said many times before. BANDWAGON..
Metalic
Metalic
Townie
Metalic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Metalic »

unvote

I guess there's no harm in waiting til the next Day. I have no idea who's Mafia atm. But imo, SD is acting a little scummy and could very well be lying about claiming doctor but there's no harm in waiting til a later date I guess.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by icemanE »

@SD

I am still convinced you're scum, don't think otherwise. I just realized that what Ting said made a lot of sense, and I explained that.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

@SD

I am still convinced you're scum, don't think otherwise. I just realized that what Ting said made a lot of sense, and I explained that.
Did you actually read my post?
Dude I know you think im scum, but the fact that you unvoted makes you scummy. And just like i said you BANDWAGONED, cuz i asked you if you were willing to vote off the claimed doctor and you said YES. Ting said something i said already, listen this time dude.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by icemanE »

Dude I know you think im scum, but the fact that you unvoted makes you scummy. And just like i said you BANDWAGONED, cuz i asked you if you were willing to vote off the claimed doctor and you said YES. Ting said something i said already, listen this time dude.
I've been thinking like this: Let's vote off the scummiest person ASAP, no matter whether they're the claimed doc or not. The way Ting put it was: we still can, on a later day, but there's no reason to on day 1. That clicked for me: I am 3 games and none of them have made it to day 2 yet, so I haven't thought in terms of long term yet, since I haven't had the chance to. Additionally, there was no way you were getting to five votes, so there was no reason to have my vote on you. Also, I didn't agree with Met's jumping on the wagon. As soon as it seems plausible I would like to lynch you, but its clearly not happening today.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

@Everyone, does this look a band wagon?
Iceman wrote: I don't think you're actually the doctor, so technically, no, I'm not trying to lynch the claimed doctor. I'm trying to lynch the person who claimed to be doctor who actually isn't.
states hes willing to lynch the claimed doctor
I make sure he knows and i know that he really is willing to lynch the claimed doc.
Iceman wrote: What makes me think your claim isn't authentic is the fact that, as Rishi pointed out, it's ALL YOU EVER SAY to defend yourself. It seems like you think that now that you've claimed, it makes no difference how scummy you appear because you know you're immune. I place your claim on an equal level with everything else you do know, because I learned that there's a chance that there's no doctor at all in this game, and the scuminess outweighs the significance of your potentially false claim, in my mind
He says hes fine with it.

Ting wrote: @ice.
Assuming we've mislynched twice in a row and are in day 3 lylo, there'll be two scum among only five people. It won't be easy, but it's certainly not impossible to find them. You'll have two days worth of voting patterns and posts to analyze. Even if you just randomly put your vote at day 3, you'll still have coin flip odds of it landing on scum.

Ting says something farside practically stated last page. Meaning ice already knew the risk.
Iceman wrote: I guess you're correct when you say "there's nothing to lose in waiting". The only problem is, what if we get to day 3 and we have no idea who the other scum partner is? Even if we're convinced at that stage that SD is scum, we'd still be in a bad spot, not knowing who his partner is. I suppose that's looking too far into the future, since we have no idea how day 2 will play out yet. I'm just completely convinced he's scum. I don't think metalic should jump on this wagon though, without contributing too much, and just rehashing what I said earlier.

unvote for now.
He unvotes although he tried defending himself saying that it was fine to try and lynch me. Why? Because some else said it was a bad idea. Not because it was a bad idea (farside already said it was). But because "another person said it was". BANDWAGON.....
People tell me this does not make perfect sense.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by icemanE »

This does not make perfect sense.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sorry RL busy with my little one. Doctors appointments tomorrow. I will try and catch up Tuesday or Wednesday the latest.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by muffinhead »

SD_Reaper wrote:@Everyone, does this look a band wagon?
Iceman wrote: I don't think you're actually the doctor, so technically, no, I'm not trying to lynch the claimed doctor. I'm trying to lynch the person who claimed to be doctor who actually isn't.
states hes willing to lynch the claimed doctor
I make sure he knows and i know that he really is willing to lynch the claimed doc.
Iceman wrote: What makes me think your claim isn't authentic is the fact that, as Rishi pointed out, it's ALL YOU EVER SAY to defend yourself. It seems like you think that now that you've claimed, it makes no difference how scummy you appear because you know you're immune. I place your claim on an equal level with everything else you do know, because I learned that there's a chance that there's no doctor at all in this game, and the scuminess outweighs the significance of your potentially false claim, in my mind
He says hes fine with it.

Ting wrote: @ice.
Assuming we've mislynched twice in a row and are in day 3 lylo, there'll be two scum among only five people. It won't be easy, but it's certainly not impossible to find them. You'll have two days worth of voting patterns and posts to analyze. Even if you just randomly put your vote at day 3, you'll still have coin flip odds of it landing on scum.

Ting says something farside practically stated last page. Meaning ice already knew the risk.
Iceman wrote: I guess you're correct when you say "there's nothing to lose in waiting". The only problem is, what if we get to day 3 and we have no idea who the other scum partner is? Even if we're convinced at that stage that SD is scum, we'd still be in a bad spot, not knowing who his partner is. I suppose that's looking too far into the future, since we have no idea how day 2 will play out yet. I'm just completely convinced he's scum. I don't think metalic should jump on this wagon though, without contributing too much, and just rehashing what I said earlier.

unvote for now.
He unvotes although he tried defending himself saying that it was fine to try and lynch me. Why? Because some else said it was a bad idea. Not because it was a bad idea (farside already said it was). But because "another person said it was". BANDWAGON.....
sd there is a thing called voting. If u r suspecious of someone u vote for them.
Show

SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:32 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Muffin wrote: sd there is a thing called voting. If u r suspecious of someone u vote for them.
or FOS, but then again, do i really need to. Anyone who has been paying attention to this game knows that i suspect iceman of being mafia.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:40 am

Post by Rishi »

SD_Reaper wrote:
Muffin wrote: sd there is a thing called voting. If u r suspecious of someone u vote for them.
or FOS, but then again, do i really need to. Anyone who has been paying attention to this game knows that i suspect iceman of being mafia.
Yes. You should vote for someone you find suspicious. If someone doesn't have any votes (or has very few votes), there's no harm in voting. When you wait for someone else to vote a person before you place your vote, you seem opportunistic.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Twiglees »

icemanE wrote:
Twig wrote: However, I would not support lynching him at lylo unless we were very sure
Does that refer to SD or Metalic?
SD

What I meant was if we got to lylo I would not lynch SD if he were alive as the scum could be hunting the cop or realised that they could get a win if they survived through to lylo without an SD NK.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 11:31 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

It looks like iceman and x were the top mafia suspects until recently. Now they both have practically no votes. So im guessing people think they are inncoent. Where do go from here?
Muffin and ice, who are you possible day 1 lynching candidates?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by icemanE »

SD_Reaper wrote:It looks like iceman and x were the top mafia suspects until recently. Now they both have practically no votes. So im guessing people think they are inncoent. Where do go from here?
The thing is, my two top suspects were SD and X. I no longer suspect X, and I still suspect SD, but that's a lynch that won't happen today. Honestly, with my two top suspects down, all I really have now is that nagging suspicion of Rishi. Honestly I can't imagine anyone except for myself or X being lynched today, though I can tell you that lynching me won't get you anywhere.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

Yeah, really dont know what to do right now, i kinda expect a stupor in this game for like two weeks or so. Im pretty sure Rishi is not scum. From my read hes the only one i can say for sure is pro town
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

I will still try my best to keep putting input in the game to keep conversation going though.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by muffinhead »

SD_Reaper wrote:It looks like iceman and x were the top mafia suspects until recently. Now they both have practically no votes. So im guessing people think they are inncoent. Where do go from here?
My top suspect is u sd however i am not going to risk lynching a claimed doc. So currently my biggest suspecision is X but i cant see him being lynched so we are back on level 1.

Currently i believe that surly at least 1 or both of the scum have stayed in a very quiet group giving no information away. This group includes ting,farside,twiggles and farside. So i could currently lynch any one of those 4 untill one/ any of them speak up.
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:28 am

Post by farside22 »

muffinhead wrote:
My top suspect is u sd however i am not going to risk lynching a claimed doc. So currently my biggest suspecision is X but i cant see him being lynched so we are back on level 1.

Currently i believe that surly at least 1 or both of the scum have stayed in a very quiet group giving no information away. This group includes ting,farside,twiggles and farside. So i could currently lynch any one of those 4 untill one/ any of them speak up.
There are 2 farsides? :lol:
See my sig for details of why I'm quiet/ busy. I'm still up for lynch X. No one yet has made me understand how someone who is up for lynching the doctor is not scummie. I'm not sure about ting or twiggles. I keep thinking about how one sided the votes were on iceman and no one hammered. I would think at a certain point scum would have hammered so either Iceman is scum and the town isn't paying attention or both scum was on his lynch. I think an Iceman lynch or X lynch would tell us something at this point. I'm thinking more Iceman to see were the votes were and come to be and then go from there.
unvote:
vote: Iceman
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Xdaamno »

farside22 wrote:
muffinhead wrote:

There are 2 farsides? :lol:
See my sig for details of why I'm quiet/ busy. I'm still up for lynch X. No one yet has made me understand how someone who is up for lynching the doctor is not scummie. I'm not sure about ting or twiggles. I keep thinking about how one sided the votes were on iceman and no one hammered. I would think at a certain point scum would have hammered so either Iceman is scum and the town isn't paying attention or both scum was on his lynch. I think an Iceman lynch or X lynch would tell us something at this point. I'm thinking more Iceman to see were the votes were and come to be and then go from there.
unvote:
vote: Iceman
You see, this is why you're so high on my scumdar; you take a lynch so lightly. Putting ourselves in L-1 isn't a good compensation for finding out a little information; sure, if anyone actually thought that person was scummy you'd have more of an argument, but you're lynching people for the sake of it with 'no questions asked'. I mean, if Iceman turned up town (Which IMO he probably would), what information would that give us? I'm assuming you also think he'd probably turn up town, due to the fact there's more town than scum and you haven't given a single argument against him.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Xdaamno »

muffinhead wrote:

Please don't dodge the following, as I want to clear this up:

What
exactly
am I doing that you think is scummy? Don't be wishy-washy. If I can then disprove what you find scummy about me, are you going to back off or keep blundering on for the sake of your own pride?
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Rishi »

Xdaamno wrote:What
exactly
am I doing that you think is scummy? Don't be wishy-washy. If I can then disprove what you find scummy about me, are you going to back off or keep blundering on for the sake of your own pride?
He's probably basing it off the fact that other people are suspicious of you. It's always safe to follow the herd.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”