vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:08 am

Post by vikingfan »

Massive, unfortunately I can't confirm your question or else I'll be modkilled. I do know for sure whether I can or can't though. One question that I have since I haven't played this role before that the role forum didn't note: say I give an item to someone like say, BB. Does BB use the item the same night, the next night(assuming he survives being killed or lynched) or can he keep it to use at his discretion?

As far as why I was saying that people were saying MGIA was the doc, see
I think the doc's basically said who he is now (in a sense) because almost everyone has claimed and all have been info roles. The only one that hasn't claimed is MGIA.
That was off BB. Plus Herbert seemed to be saying the same thing.

The doc claim by Fuldu sounds quite good-until I come to wonder why no mention of him was made in the night scene. This is a problem no matter who did save him, whether it be Fuldu, Fishbulb, or someone else because the only ones mentioned in the night scene are BB and IS. Why the lack of mention of anyone else?

Ultimately, I'm leaning toward Fuldu if for no other reason than I doubt the godfather(which is what he would have to be) would wait this long to roleclaim. On the other hand, he may have deliberately set up this roleclaim for himself so who knows.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:26 am

Post by Fuldu »

vikingfan wrote:The doc claim by Fuldu sounds quite good-until I come to wonder why no mention of him was made in the night scene. This is a problem no matter who did save him, whether it be Fuldu, Fishbulb, or someone else because the only ones mentioned in the night scene are BB and IS. Why the lack of mention of anyone else?
I addressed this in the quote I made in my last post. I suggested at the time that Herbert West targeted IS that night (which has later said that he did). I did not do anything with regards to IS. We saw IS and the people around him (in this case BB), but not the people around the people around him (i.e. me, targeting BB).
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:50 am

Post by vikingfan »

Ah, OK. Understood.
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:15 pm

Post by Herbert West »

Ultimately, I'm leaning toward Fuldu if for no other reason than I doubt the godfather(which is what he would have to be) would wait this long to roleclaim
??? To paraphrase : "The Godfather wouldn't have waited this long to claim. Fuldu did, therefore he's the godfather".
I think the doc's basically said who he is now (in a sense) because almost everyone has claimed and all have been info roles. The only one that hasn't claimed is MGIA.
That was off BB. Plus Herbert seemed to be saying the same thing.
??? My response read :
Oh, and MGIA claimed as Caterer (post 364). I see from the role desciptor pages that he's not getting normal results - but then I guess we can't read a lot into that in this game.....
How is that saying the same thing in any sense whatsoever?

(a)'MGIA's the only one who hasn't claimed' (BB)
(b)'Yes he did, in post 364' (Me)

(a) =/= (b)

I don't know if this is a lack of understanding of how this game works, a poor short term memory, a reading inability or maybe we have another fool in the game.

Vikingfans posts have been a mass of contradictions and lies/inaccuracies/misunderstandings (to give a little 'benefit of the doubt')

(Oh. And just in case he's unsure - the vote still stands. That means it's on
you
Vikingfan. Not anyone else. Just want to make sure that
that
's not misunderstood)
Remember kids, animals are a tasty alternative to tofu.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:42 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Hmm, I'm willing to believe that Fuldu's the doc for a couple of reasons.
1) No one is counter claiming and in such a game I don't think there would be no doc...besides if it were the work of the inventor someone must be able to say "I got a doc type protecting item"...unless of course they died.
2) Doctors get paid a fair bit generally so if their experienced it's not such a big surprise that their rich...of course one problem with that is that SO got richness for Fuldu instead of medical equipment.

I'm just wondering but since we had 2 psychiatrist before we acted as docs, that would technically mean we had 2 confirmed docs in this game. Anyone think that it's possible we have 3 docs. I mean it's quite possible that we do have just one ordinary doc...but I'm thinking that three seems a bit much for this game.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:16 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Fuldu wrote:Thoth, I would point out that both our dead docs were, if JDTAY's claim was accurate, initially SK cops who turned into docs. Also, they were both dead before Night 3 when BB was attacked by IS, but didn't die. I'd say we're pretty likely to have a doc left.
This was my response to Thoth at the time regarding the notion that the SK Cops counted as our Doc. I think the argument still stands, as well as presenting a valid argument that I was trying to hint at Doc.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:22 am

Post by Otaku376 »

Also note how many investigative type roles we have. Normally you don't have like 6...
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:15 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

*manages to tear himself away from Fable long enough to make a post*

OK, looking over the claim list, I'm quite confused. As much as I hate to/shouldn't say this, it seems to me that my role is the least believable. Of course that just adds to my confusion since it means I believe everyone, and yet, no one.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:26 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Well, lets see theres probably about 5-6 scum in such a big game...since we had 2 SKs that'll probably give about 4-5 scums in the one group. Now that we've gotten rid of 2 gangsters then in theory there should be 2-3 left. Since everyone has claimed then someone has gotta be lying.

Right now I'm looking at Nanook simply because when he was still jereIC it took him a while to vote dragonmaster after getting a gun result. I know dragonmaster was a vig but the fact that he didn't vote for him after getting a gun result (which by common sense would point to scum) kinda shows me that he either didn't actually investigate people night 1 and hence made up his role, or was trying to protect scum (for some unknown reason.)

Also he investigated meme after I had said she was innocent...why???
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:03 am

Post by massive »

Well, that was a fun exercise in judging people's reactions. I think I am actually going to push for the lynch of SinisterOverlord, for a couple of reasons:

1) He was the only person who bought the thought that Fuldu could be the godfather. Admittedly, it might have been more if Fuldu hadn't immediately posted my actual thoughts about his role. He also followed me in my witch hunt on Banana Bob early on today, then later admitted that while he knew my role and my innocence, he also believed BB to be cleared and couldn't explain why he was following me.

2) He's tied his innocence in with mine. I really hate it when people do this; of course, I do it all the time when I'm scum. If I turn up dead, everyone will assume that SO is telling the truth (which is very possible about his role, but not about which side he's on). Truth-tellers = town.

3) His results are extremely sketchy. By the time we got his past results, he gave us info on two dead people (MeMe and IS), on one person who had already admitted that they had been burgled (myself), and on one person who I don't think any cop would have investigated on night four (Fuldu). And, of course, the empty result night five.

4) Fuldu said something that made me think, talking about why you wouldn't see him protecting BB, and that was that the reporter saw the person he was watching, plus other people at the same place (BB at IS's, for example). Why wouldn't the reporter have seen SO breaking into IS's place that night as well?

I think it's very possible SO has this power. I don't think he's on the side of the angels. I think he's a Mafia Spy who's been hunting for the doctor the whole time.

unvote vikingfan

vote SinisterOverlord
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:31 am

Post by Fuldu »

massive wrote:4) Fuldu said something that made me think, talking about why you wouldn't see him protecting BB, and that was that the reporter saw the person he was watching, plus other people at the same place (BB at IS's, for example). Why wouldn't the reporter have seen SO breaking into IS's place that night as well?
That is an excellent point. And you'll have to forgive me for viewing your ploy regarding me as the Godfather as something to be responded to promptly as opposed to something that should have been allowed to go on. I still prefer my vote on vikingfan, though.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:32 am

Post by massive »

Yeah, I understand, I just wasn't expecting your ruthless efficiency. ;) I needed something to jump-start conversation, and that was the only thing struck me as a lure upon re-reading the thread.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:39 am

Post by vikingfan »

Hmm, reaction time. First, I do understand the fact that your vote is on me, Herbert, and I appreciate the vote of confidence. :D

Seconod, I find it extremely interesting that I've been sitting on the verge of being lynched for a few days now. I wonder what this means. Either scum are hesitant to lay on the final vote and then be found scummy when it's found that I'm innocent, or else the innocents are still unconvinced that the case against me is strong enough.

Third, I am NOT trying to have a mass of contradictions. To address your last post specifically.
??? To paraphrase : "The Godfather wouldn't have waited this long to claim. Fuldu did, therefore he's the godfather".
Not at all. I doubt a good godfather would wait so long to roleclaim. I was simply tossing out the possibility. I tend to note both sides of an equation, which leads to people thinking I'm scummy due to supposed contradictions. Thus I was noting both that Fuldu could be godfather or the doc.
THis was BB saying about how MGIA was the only one that had not claimed and I read between the lines(perhaps too much) and inferred that BB meant MGIA.
But being able to work it out, and asking someone to stick their head over the parapet and shout "shoot at me!" are two different things.
Posted by Herbert, and I was not trying to force out the doc, but simply analyze whether or not we HAD a doc among us. Massive was the one who went after the doc like crazy and forced Fuldu's roleclaim.
With 11 players remaining, the Godfather would be unlikely to risk a claim like that. And since we (think) we know who our doctor really is - any fake claim would ensure the lynching of the imposter.
Maybe, again, I'm reading too much between the lines here, Herbert-I have a bad habit of doing that-but it implies that you think you know who the doc is and the only way I could guess that is from BB's post. At no time did I know that Fuldu hadn't claimed until Massive brought it up. Must be one of the problems with being a replacement-you don't always catch and know everything right away.

And mod, can we PLEASE have a replacement for Morpheus? It's a little disadvatageous to play without everyone involved, posting, and voting.
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:20 pm

Post by Herbert West »

Here's a question: who exactly protected BB on night 3
I was not trying to force out the doc, but simply analyze whether or not we HAD a doc among us.
Well. Which is it? Do you want to know who exactly protected BB or to 'simply analyze whether or not we HAD a doc among us'
Herbert-I have a bad habit of doing that-but it implies that you think you know who the doc is and the only way I could guess that is from BB's post. At no time did I know that Fuldu hadn't claimed until Massive brought it up.
(1) Pretty much everyone in the game 'suspected' who the doctor was.
(2) '
The only way I could guess that is from BB's post
' - or the other 23 pages of posts.
(3) '
At no time did I know that Fuldu hadn't claimed
' Great. A replacement who doesn't feel the need to bring himself up to speed with the game.

While (3) could be simply laziness, (although there were a good few days between volunteering and taking up the role) it sounds scummy to me. After all, you already know who the bad guys are, thus it doesn't really matter who you lynch, as long as its not one of your own.

And one final point.
THis was BB saying about how MGIA was the only one that had not claimed and I read between the lines(perhaps too much) and inferred that BB meant MGIA.
Absolutely. And that'd be fine, except that in the next post I said :
Oh, and MGIA claimed as Caterer (post 364)
From which you accused me of "
saying the same thing
"!?

There's reading between the lines, and there's saying that someone said the coplete opposite of what they said.

The vote still stands.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:00 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

I think about the reporter not seeing SO is a good though...but I'm just wondering if thats the logic that is used then wouldn't the reporter also get the doc who protected me.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:20 pm

Post by Fuldu »

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that there isn't any consistent explanation for the reporter's results. When HW targeted IS, he saw IS attack BB. When HW targeted BB Night One, he saw BB peering into a house, but not who the occupant (BB's target) was. That doesn't jibe with the traditional target tracker (what I had been assuming the reporter was). In any case, I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that HW should have seen SO Night Three, but the more I think about it, the less it seems like strong evidence.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:13 pm

Post by vikingfan »

MGIA claimed as caterer, but I thought you meant that you found him suspicious. Besides,
(2) With 11 players remaining, the Godfather would be unlikely to risk a claim like that. And since we (think) we know who our doctor really is - any fake claim would ensure the lynching of the imposter.
You said we think we know who our doctor really is, Herbert. Based off BB's post and yours, the only thing I could think of was that you were inferring MGIA.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:57 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Just in case anyone may be wondering why I haven't been posting, the reason is that I have my vote on who I see fit to be lynched. If you want the reasons go back and read, cause I don't feel like typing all of them again, just in case some smart ass feels like asking me "Well, why are you voting Viking"! So I'll be in the waiting room if you need me.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:08 am

Post by vikingfan »

True. The thing is, I have been sitting here at 5 votes for a week now, so unless you guys can find a 6th person who's convinced I'm guilty, let's move on to a new target. I realize you guys think I'm guilty, but I'm not, and so far you haven't been able to convince enough people. Personally, I'm thinking SO may be the guilty one because of the reasons massive mentioned. Thoughts?

Oh, and mod:
can we please have a replacement for Morpheus?
We've been asking for awhile now and we've seen no indication that you're moving on this matter.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:39 am

Post by vikingfan »

Hmm, normally I'd hate making double posts, but it's time to keep this near the top.

As an update, in the main queue, PeaceBringer signed up Saturday night to replace Morpheus. Hopefully once Yoko gets him signed on, we can get moving again.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:07 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Okay I am replacing Morpheus. Need to catch up with the game but carry on.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:34 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Hmm, nothing happening here since last week.

I've had the ability to be lynched for a week and a half now and nobody's laid the killing 6th vote on(unless you count Thoth but he's not allowed) so I recommend we move on and then you test me tonight. I'll clear myself and then you'll all be thankful you have an apprentice inventor around.(except for the mafia, of course)

I'll
unvote
and
vote SinisterOverlord
for all the reasons Massive outlined. Upon further looking at it, something doesn't feel right there.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:50 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

There's something that doesn't feel right with the logic of "hey you guys can't get a majority to lynch me, so we should just all jump on another bandwagon because of what that guy said!"
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:07 pm

Post by Herbert West »

I'll tell you what, I'll unvote for 24 hours, to see if Thoth wants to lay his vote on you, and then I'll lay the killing vote.

How's that?

Temporarily
Unvote: Vikingfan

vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:55 am

Post by vikingfan »

No, I wasn't saying that. What I was saying is that currently at this point in time, the game had dropped to a standstill, which is why I said to pick a new target because otherwise the game will just stand still. Besides, I can prove myself innocent tonight, which no one else can do except through being a Mafia hit.

Besides, I know I'm innocent which is what you'll find out if you lynch me and then you're back to square one.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”