Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:57 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

I think the doc's basically said who he is now (in a sense) because almost everyone has claimed and all have been info roles. The only one that hasn't claimed is MGIA.

unvote: MGIA
- I believe we need a good prop on him.

I can't understand this though...I think the game has provided the most concrete evidence (twice) that my claim is genuine...I'm not going to say that Massive's role claim is not genuine, but the fact that he keeps hacking into me like that gives me the impression that he's just trying to get rid of me even though I'm a comfirmed sane comp...and one of the two sane cops remaining.

If his role is genuine then I'm not surprised that he would be going for me if I had not been proven...but he presists inspite of concrete evidence.

Massive, for your sake let me remind you that your results are only in percentages...
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:34 am

Post by Herbert West »

But being able to work it out, and asking someone to stick their head over the parapet and shout "shoot at me!" are two different things.

Oh, and MGIA claimed as Caterer (post 364). I see from the role desciptor pages that he's not getting normal results - but then I guess we can't read a lot into that in this game.....
Remember kids, animals are a tasty alternative to tofu.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:44 am

Post by vikingfan »

Mod: I'd like either a prod on MGIA or a replacement, either one. It's good to have everyone participating if possible.

BB, that's exactly the reason why I was suspecting massive earlier on-I'm planning to give you the item tonight(assuming I'm not lynched) because IMO, you're the most proven innocent out there.

Herbert, the thing is here, no one has claimed doctor, so if we have no doctor, how was BB saved? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Here's the reason why this is important: right now, we most likely have a godfather who's put out a claim already. Now, assuming we have a doctor, he hasn't proclaimed himself as such and instead has put out another believable claim as well. Now, what we have to be careful with is that the godfather can easily claim doctor and we may believe him. Now, does the real doctor stand up or stay silent? If he stays silent, everyone believes the godfather and he goes a long way to winning the game. If he speaks up, there's a 50-50 chance we lynch the right person. If not, the doc is lynched, the godfather gets another kill and is lynched in the daytime, leaving one mafia(regular) or the game is won.

Now, here's where the trick occurs: what if there is NO doctor? Then the godfather can claim doc and stay alive for a long time because no one can verify him and there is no doc to dispute the claim. Some might ask: how did BB stay alive? To that, I'm thinking that perhaps my boss, Fishbulb was able to use an item to save BB. I don't know what he used(or what nights he used them), but it remains a possibility. This is important because now that all the claims are out there(except for MGIA), we have to consider the next step, and this would be it.

Thoughts?
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:08 am

Post by Otaku376 »

Also when was the last time we heard from Morpheus?
I think we are really running out of steam and need to end the day.
unvote: nanook vote: vikingsfan

If we want to retest Thoth's ability, thoth please vote vikingsfan, don't unvote until a second post and no one vote until after the mod count.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:22 am

Post by Thoth »

By my count your vote puts vikingfan on 4, so 2 away from lynch and we need one more vote on him to be able to test my ability again.
Let someone that wants to place that vote first count for himself though, as my quick counting after midnight could easily be off.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:43 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Yup, 4. (Otaku, Fuldu, massive, HerbertWest)

I'm fine with Thoth testing, but still think the best way to go is to test me tonight.

As far as Morpheus, no sign of him since the 27th of August. Mod prod?

Also, we haven't heard from our mod since last Sunday. While that's not abnormally long, it would be nice to have our mod posting a bit more.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:02 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Unvote
and
Vote:Vikingfan
... There you go Thoth, test it out.

As for Morpheus, I think that I mentioned this earlier, but I could be wrong, but I took over his Newbie game for his absence, So I would definately say replacement is needed.

Vikingfan now has 5 votes.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:28 am

Post by Thoth »

vote:vikingfan
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:07 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Vote Count:

Vikingfan -5- (Fuldu, Massive. Herbert West, Otaku376, Nanookthewolf)
Thoth -2- (SinisterOverlord, Vikingfan)
Herbert West -1- (Mr_Gnome_It_All)

Not voting -3- (Banana Bob, Morpheus, Thoth)

6 to lynch!!!
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:54 pm

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

OMG! I'm sorry, all! I forgot about this game. :oops:

I've done a scan of the last couple pages, but unfortunatly, I can't really add anything to the discussion.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:50 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Alright. Good is good. I'm convinced.

Unvote: Thoth

So. What now?
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:11 pm

Post by Herbert West »

Now, assuming we have a doctor, he hasn't proclaimed himself as such and instead has put out another believable claim as well. Now, what we have to be careful with is that the godfather can easily claim doctor and we may believe him. Now, does the real doctor stand up or stay silent? If he stays silent, everyone believes the godfather and he goes a long way to winning the game. If he speaks up, there's a 50-50 chance we lynch the right person. If not, the doc is lynched, the godfather gets another kill and is lynched in the daytime, leaving one mafia(regular) or the game is won.
(1) Not everyone has claimed.
(2) With 11 players remaining, the Godfather would be unlikely to risk a claim like that. And since we (think) we know who our doctor really is - any fake claim would ensure the lynching of the imposter.

Again. The vote stands.
Remember kids, animals are a tasty alternative to tofu.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:51 pm

Post by massive »

Argh, Banana Bob, when will you stop doing suspicious things? You can't call yourself "a confirmed sane cop" because, at the time you gave your results, you gave us exactly ONE result we didn't already have, and that being the innocence of the one person that I think everybody assumes is innocent.

Yes, I think we have one killing party left. No, I don't think it makes sense that IS would attack Banana Bob. But I still can't trust Banana Bob - and he continues to make it easy to doubt him.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:34 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright, so Thoth is cleared for now. I don't feel so bad for having my vote on Viking then.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:56 am

Post by vikingfan »

Well, I can assure you that I'm innocent and I can prove it if you let me live tonight. After all, now Thoth is cleared and after you clear me, then you can move on. The name of the game is to collect as much info as possible and if you kill me, you'll find out what you already know-apprentice inventor.

For some reason, I'm starting to think we may not have a doc, since I went back and looked at MGIA's posts and I saw no implication that he was a doc-unless I'm missing something.

For now, let's get a replacement for Morpheus, since I want to hear more from him and he's the only player not participating. Mod?
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:19 am

Post by Otaku376 »

I don't know why you would think MGIA is a doc since he *claimed* Monica the caterer. We talked about it on this page. He claimed in post 364 and Herbert West brings it up on page 551. If you looked at his posts, well obviously he would not implicate himself as a doc.
I do not mind voting for vikingsfan after that last post.
And yes, since morpheus is taking a vacation, a replacement would help.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:13 pm

Post by vikingfan »

True. All I'm saying is that logically the doc does not HAVE to be MGIA. Someone else can be the doc and not saying so, just like you are implying MGIA is doing. In any case, I don't really think MGIA is scum. But I still think it's bad gameplay in general to lynch someone when you can find out for certain the next day whether or not that person is scum. Of course, if it's a lynch-or-lose situation, that's another thing altogether, but in general, it's usually good to try to verify as many people as you can, especially since at least one person has a false claim-the mafia and the doc.

What is honestly the difference between me and Thoth, other than the fact you have to wait a day to lynch? Now that Thoth cleared himself, nobody's voting him anymore. So let me try to do the same for my claim..
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:56 pm

Post by massive »

I think we've just all seen people who want to "prove themselves overnight" end up ... well, NOT proving themselves.

Ø Banana Bob - claimed peeping tom
- n1 meme (i), n2 otaku (i), n3 is (g), n4 fuldu (i), n5 massive (i)
Ø Dourgrim- (Otaku376) - claimed ghost cop
- n1 meme (i), n2 dourgrim (i), n3 ghost, n4 fishbulb (i), n5 gnome (i)
Ø Fuldu
Ø Herbert West - claimed newspaper reporter
- n1 bananabob (peeping), n3 is (shooting), n5 massive (staying inside)
Ø JereIC- (NanookTheWolf) - claimed gunsmith
- n1 dragonmaster (y), n2 meme (n), n3 id (y), n4 -, n5 -
Ø Jolle- (Vikingfan) - claimed apprentice inventor -
Ø Massive - claimed forensic scientist - cleared by bb,
- n1 shotgun, n2
Ø Morpheus - claimed other searching townie
Ø Mr_Gnome_It_All - claimed caterer
- n1 is (spaghetti and pie), n2 jdtay (steak), n3 id (popcorn), n4 fishbulb (steak), n5 herb (drinks)
Ø SinisterOverlord - claimed burglar
- n1 massive (chemicals), n2 meme (tarot), n3 is (guns), n4 fuldu (porsche), n5 morpheus (-)
Ø Thoth - priest - proven

Fuldu: Please claim your role. I'm ready to vote for you.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:58 pm

Post by massive »

Bah, double post to put my own results in, I got all distracted when I realized what I had been missing:

n1 shotgun, n2 20% bb, n3 no deaths, n4 65% bb, n5 no evidence
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:42 pm

Post by Fuldu »

massive wrote:The only thing he has that no one else has put forth is Fuldu innocent, but I think we all believe that and I think I could even name his role at this point.
massive wrote:My guess there is Jolle since I trust Fuldu almost completely at this point
massive wrote:I pointed out that Fuldu was probably the "most likely to be accepted as innocent by the majority of the town"
massive wrote:Fuldu: Please claim your role. I'm ready to vote for you.
Seriously? Why the change of heart?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:50 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

massive wrote:Argh, Banana Bob, when will you stop doing suspicious things? You can't call yourself "a confirmed sane cop" because, at the time you gave your results, you gave us exactly ONE result we didn't already have, and that being the innocence of the one person that I think everybody assumes is innocent.

Yes, I think we have one killing party left. No, I don't think it makes sense that IS would attack Banana Bob. But I still can't trust Banana Bob - and he continues to make it easy to doubt him.
Why do you continue to doubt me when Day 1 I claimed and said MeMe was innocent...which she turned out to be afterwards.
Also the reporter let my role go out in the open on night 1.
Night 3 I was targetted by IS, the only obvious killing group. We have also concluded that there is only 1 killing group remaining hence it is highly illogical that scum would kill a fellow scum.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:57 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Also I'm doing "suspicious" things because I'm trying to defend myself and show everyone WITH EVIDENCE that I am what I claimed. Let me ask you what proof do you to break down my claim?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:06 am

Post by massive »

Bah, Banana Bob, let me focus on the task at hand. You can go back to regaining your pride later. The suspicious things you are doing are definitely NOT "defending yourself and trying to show everyone that you are what you claimed." The suspicious things you ARE doing is using what you think everyone should believe as a reason that we should believe OTHER things you are saying, when (a) that's not a reason to believe what you're saying and (b) I don't know if I believe that you are what you say you are to begin with!

Fuldu: What had me change my mind is that, while I was going back through and picking out everyone's role claims and results, I started to see little things here and there that, were you NOT given clean results by other investigators, would have me questioning you. That last post was really NOT what I was expecting from you if you were, in fact, the doctor. I mean, seriously, what's the point in keeping it a secret now? There's one person who hasn't claimed - you. If the Mafia are trying to decide who to kill, what are the chances that they would go "Gee, I wonder who the doctor is?" and NOT notice that you not only didn't claim, but that someone stole an expensive car from you? No, I'm definitely thinking you're the Godfather. The ONLY reason we think there might be a doctor is because Banana Bob didn't die from his "attack" N3 at the hands of IS, but that could have been done by Fishbulb, who obviously believed that Banana Bob was telling the truth.

The problem is, if you come out now and say "well duh I'm the doctor", who else is going to vote for you? It'll have to wait until tomorrow. And then we can look at the subtle things you've done over the game that started me down this course.

SO: Is the Porsche the only thing you got from Fuldu? Was there nothing else that might point to what his role really is?

Vikingfan: Can you confirm or deny that night protection, even for a single night, is one of the items you can grant?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:37 am

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Without quoting Yoko, there was a lot of emphasis on him having lots of money, and lots of expensive stuff. Plus, it was mentioned that he probably has a very good job.

Come to think of it... you have a good point.
FOS: Fuldu

In other matters, I'm going away for 10 days. Be back on the 1st.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:29 am

Post by Fuldu »

Oh, Jesus. I am the doctor, and if there's any question on why I didn't claim, note that vikingfan is where my vote is and he clearly doesn't have a clue about who I am. He seems to think that people are suggesting that MGIA is the doc. If somebody can be as clueless as that, and if there's only one scum left (a big if, I'll admit), then I have every reason to put off claiming as long as possible, in the hopes that the singleton scum is one of the people who hasn't figured it out.

Just so there's no question in the future, I protected BB the night he was attacked by IS, and I would have to go back and check who I have protected the other nights. Note this post:
Fuldu wrote:The problem I see, as far as IS's claim goes, is that BananaBob isn't the only one who investigated IS. It seems to me that the reporter investigated him as well, but doesn't appear to have been attacked. The reporter might have investigated BB, but my read on how the role works is that he then should have seen the doctor as well. The doctor wasn't anywhere near IS, so there's no report on his presence. We didn't see BananaBob's target Night 1 and we saw two people Night 2. This suggests that the reporter sees his target and anyone who targets that person. If BananaBob were the target, we'd have seen the doctor who targetted him. So, the reporter targetted IS, but wasn't attacked, suggesting that IS's claim is false.
That's one of the places that I hinted at being the doctor well before I could have known that there wasn't one (if I'm scum). I believe there were others, but I can't find them at short notice.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”