Newbie 580 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 10:19 am

Post by td »

pinkkitten90 wrote:WOW TD I think you may have a problem with me
also people make mistakes i wasn't totally sure about the time frame hence the ...
Hence the what?

I don't actually have a problem with you, but with
what you do.

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:)Then I stepped out of the game to write a really big information-filled post. Granted, maybe there might have been a few errors in it, (which Td pointed out), but I did step out of the game to work really freaking hard on that. At the time of doing that I didn't really feel threatened of being lynched. If I was scum, I would have been more concerned with my welfare rather than the town.
Your post had a little more than `a few errors' in it, the `evidence' you provided against JimSauce is largely based on you citing posts and circumstances which don't match what really happened in the game.
Because such a mistake is very easy to spot and considering that you took a lot of time to make that post, I believe that you deliberately made up that `evidence,' hoping that due to the sheer masses of it, no one would actually check the `sources' you gave.

The Official Vote Count

BridgesAndBaloons - 3 (Amor, td, Muerrto)

Amor - 1 (curiouskarmadog)
curiouskarmadog - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
WeyounsLastClone - 1 (JimSauce)

Not Voting - 3 (BridgesAndBaloons, pinkkitten90, Radio_Interference)

5 to Lynch, 3 at deadline (May 5)
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

td wrote: Your post had a little more than `a few errors' in it, the `evidence' you provided against JimSauce is largely based on you citing posts and circumstances which don't match what really happened in the game.
Because such a mistake is very easy to spot and considering that you took a lot of time to make that post, I believe that you deliberately made up that `evidence,' hoping that due to the sheer masses of it, no one would actually check the `sources' you gave.
OK. This is wrong on so many levels.
Firstlym there were definitely "a few errors," you're post that you made explained only these mistakes:
1) I missed post 90
2) I mis-wrote what I meant. I'm not sure what I was saying, but you can see that that section of my writing I hadn't checked over.I said
I really need to quote his post on 142. It's great evidence
. As you see in this quote, II was writting a note to myself saying that I "need to quote" 142. I meant to quote it in my game analysis and pick it apart. Of course, that's the wrong post... I think I meant 156. I don't know how I got 142, and obviously that's a mistake since that was a post by a mod!
3) I didn't check the time difference between the posts. Thanks for checking that, I didn't take into account that we had some rapid-fire posting during this game.

So you see, the three mistakes I caused only a "few errors," and were genuine mistakes. If I wanted to lie, I wouldn't have so strongly urged people to look at all the things I quote.

Td, answer this: how come you are not mentioning all the other posts that I referred to that were correct?

Td I had no need to edit out evidence. I have actually some things by JS that I decided not to quote, because I wanted the summary to try to give an overview on everyone, not just an attack on JS.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Amor »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Woo! I'm done with all my homework already! :) Posting time.

OK. So I really wanted to be able to respond to the recent posts, but I'm probably going to have to spend the rest of my time with my swan song posts.

I'm a vanilla townie.

It's becoming increasingly clear that I'm going to get lynched the first day. Admittedly, I made a whole lot of mistakes in the beginning of the game and combined with my changing play style (which I did to find one that fit me) has made me seem super scummy. Ok I've learned, but I haven't completely recovered from it.
People who are voting for me will keep pushing mistakes I made in the past instead of referring to my responses which explain (but don't completely justify) my initial scummy behavior.
Ultimately, your more unguarded posts are more likely to indicate your alignment than carefully constructed explanations, especially when those explanations aren't consistent with each other. I may be coming off as a hypocrite here, as I've had to clarify some of my own points, but I think BaB's changing stories, and how it's "why I made this scummy post" instead of "what I really meant" make his suspicious.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Unfortunately, I'm just a vanilla. I was hoping to get night killed.
Why would you expect to be NKed
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:I'm pretty sure I can't convince the people voting for me that I'm a townie, and I also know that one of them is most likely scum.
Which one? I assume td, but this statement could be used to attack any of the three of us, and creates a "attack me=scum" mindset which boils down to OMGUS and an emotional appeal.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Anyways, I'm going to probably be casting my suspicions in the next few days for you guys to look at after I am lynched. Before all this, I'm going to try to defend myself.

1) I have been improving the whole game. You can see a huge difference between my later cases. Unfortunately, I don't know if I have enough time to make another case tonight, but I'll try. Anyway, be wary of anyone who claimed my changing play style as a scum tell. I have been really improving, and you can see my posts getting better. This isn't because I'm being inconsistent, I'm actually being more consistent by improving constantly.
Okay, your posts have generally become more reasonable and logical. Your point? Newbie scum will improve over the course of a game as well. And I don't really see anyone attacking you for your shifting playstyle, so quit using it as a strawman.
2)Then I stepped out of the game to write a really big information-filled post. Granted, maybe there might have been a few errors in it, (which Td pointed out), but I did step out of the game to work really freaking hard on that. At the time of doing that I didn't really feel threatened of being lynched. If I was scum, I would have been more concerned with my welfare rather than the town.
Because I am townie,
I took the time to write my extensive summary. It came off as rather scummy, but I really didn't care about that. I have been trying to benefit the town as a whole, while ignoring my own welfare. This is the reason behind my "scummy" play.
A few points to respond to this here:
1)"Stepping out of the game" is scummy, especially when you're about to be lynched. If you're town you should at least try to defend yourself, because you don't want to be mislynched. At the very least keep posting so that we'll have some 100% town arguments to look back on once you're gone. Also, when you stepped out you said that you were too much the centre of attentio, which I believe is your real reason for stepping out... you wanted us to be distracted by other players and abandon your lynch.
2)Your post certainly took a lot of effort, but a lot of it was recap and a lot of it was a case agains JS. This seems like sort of information isntead of analysis.
3)Coming out and saying "I'm town because I did this" makes it a question of WIFOM, who's to say you didn't make the post so that you could claim you were townie, since you obviously think it makes you look that way?
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:3) One huge thing in my favor is page 9 post 221 I make a clear attempt to further the discussion. If I was mafia I would not have done this because
a) noone was expecting me to do this, so not asking the questions would not have been scummy
b) I didn't need pro-town points at the time. I was in no danger, so why countinue the discussion?

But I am not mafia, and therefore I asked those questions.
Looking back on those questions, most of those were theory questions. Based on this game, I really don't find that a string of questions like this provides a lot to analyze, because every time it's happened people have each answered the question and generally ignored the other responses because there wasn't much to comment on. Scum will generally be able to answer a theory question in the "right" way as much as town. Also, these questions were asked shortly after your argument with CKD when you were in the spotlight. Again, this seems to be an attempt to shift attention away from you.

CKD, I'm not sure what you want me to address about JimSauce's case. I think the points generally make sense and it has made me think WLC is more likely to be scum, but it's not enough to convince me and WLC still seems like an uncertain townie to me. I'm not at all certain though, at the moment nobody is free of suspicion for me.
curiouskarmadog wrote:this is a safe statement to make at this point in the game isn’t it? “My top two scum suspects are BaB and CKD, but I don’t see CKD as a scum buddy with BAB”. Is it coincidence that BAB is the current vote leader and will probably hang today? I also think it is interesting how he does see BAB as a scum buddy to me. I think this is a classic set up. I think person A and person B are scum today. Person A is hung and found innocent…guess I will have to attack person B tomorrow.
So... I can't have more than one suspicion? And I've made that comment before, at least once during your argument with BaB, where I was the only one pushing for a BaB lynch. If BaB gets lynched and turns up town (I doubt that will happen) of course I will still suspect you for various things. Would it make you automatically scum? No, all I'm suggesting is that BaB flipping scum makes you look less suspicious due to your interactions with him. Sure this can be used as a scum set-up, but it's logically sound.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 4:20 pm

amor wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Unfortunately, I'm just a vanilla. I was hoping to get night killed.
Why would you expect to be NKed
Where did you come up with the word "expect?" I said "hoping." I wanted to be nked. I believe that one of the jobs of a vanilla is to try to get NKed. That way, any power roles (if we have them) won't be NKed.
amor wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:I'm pretty sure I can't convince the people voting for me that I'm a townie, and I also know that one of them is most likely scum.
Which one? I assume td, but this statement could be used to attack any of the three of us, and creates a "attack me=scum" mindset which boils down to OMGUS and an emotional appeal.
You misread. I'm saying that with three people voting for me, there is a high chance (thus "likely") that at least one of them is scum. That would make it harder for me to show others that they should unvote me, since a mafia would probabliy be unwilling too. Then again, there's alot of WIFOM in that, so maybe not. I wasn't saying anythign about a "atack me=scum" mindset. I was musing that in all likelihood, at least one of you is scum.
amor wrote: strawman.
what does that mean?
amor wrote:
A few points to respond to this here:
1)"Stepping out of the game" is scummy, especially when you're about to be lynched.
at the time, I was not about to be lynched.
If you're town you should at least try to defend yourself,
. Which is what I'm doing here.
Also, when you stepped out you said that you were too much the centre of attentio, which I believe is your real reason for stepping out... you wanted us to be distracted by other players and abandon your lynch.
Holy shit. Read my posts! Read post 356, especially the ending part.
Coming out and saying "I'm town because I did this" makes it a question of WIFOM, who's to say you didn't make the post so that you could claim you were townie, since you obviously think it makes you look that way?
No, the side I did benefited town more than my individual self. I would have spent all that time defending myself if I were mafia. It's not WIFOM because noone asked me to do it. I did it to help the town.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 4:29 pm

Some random responses:

---+People seem to think it was weird that I immediately FOSed Td (326) I was really planning on somehow getting Bib’s replacement’s attention. I didn’t know how was I going to do that. However, when I read that Td after he read the game has so little to say (initially) combined with feelings I couldn’t explain and my read of Bib, I got scummy vibes from Td. I decided to FOS him to start. I got scummy vibes from him, and I still do.

---+Td pretty much ignored my FOS. According to JS (and I may be reading you wrong) on post 229 that “I wouldn't consider it scummy unless it's a blatant bandwagon vote and/or the reasoning is baseless.” Does this mean you consider it scummy or not scummy if there was no reason behind the FOS? Because in this case, Td ignored it (until post ) and I, as it seemed to him, had baseless reasoning.

---+Td post 346: You say my analogy sucks, completely ignoring what I was using it for. Td, one can be "more guilty" by doing an action more than someone who was "less guilty." Killing one person versus killing 1,000 people. Or, killing someone in self-defense versus intentionally killing another person. If you wanted to seem scummy, you would continue to act the idea that, technically, (according to the definition of guilty) you can’t be “more guilty,” and you would ignore what I was saying. Some people have lurked more than others. In addition, some people have probably lurked at scummier momments than other people have.
You discredit all of these different types of lurking saying that they are all a null-tell. Do you see how this is anti-town?

To answer your question, it really is going to boil down to I think this, and you think this. I believe that it was kind of scummy what CKD said about the tells. CKD argued against this, (and maybe someone else?) but you brought this argument back up, which is maybe because you didn't consider it resolved.
td wrote:
You still don't seem to get it. `everything can be a scum tell, but here are some examples' (which is what he did say) is completely different from `here are some tells, but they might not be applicable here' (which you claim you read out of it).

So either you are deliberately misinterpreting curiouskarmadog or not reading both his and my posts thoroughly enough.
Are you serious!? Those are the only two possible explanations! What!? [sarcasm] I couldn't have possibly be telling the truth about what I read out of it?[/sarcasm]
This is borderline tunneling. I'm telling you what I read out of CKD's comment. I'm not going to suddenly lie and contradict myself. This is what I read out of it.
You completely disregarding the possibility I am telling the truth is Tunneling.
This is scummy.

To answer your other questions, in your inital post, you ignored all the other players except for me. You were forced to answer Muerrto's questions (otherwise you'd look scummy by refusing too), yet after those questions you solely focused on me. That's scummy because it's ignoring other players and therefore tunneling in a way.
It's a weak argument because it's my thoughts on what CKD said, and you keep saying that I'm lying. You have no evidence, you're just assuming my motives, which, as we discussed before, is always a bad thing to do as far as scum-hunting goes.

Amor: Thinks "muerto's theory was pretty reasonable" but he thinks it's not "significant." He also is worred that Cerb voted Muerrto for a weak argument (348). Amor, do you think that adding weak arguments against someone when you don't have stronger ones is not scummy?
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm writing up my "top three suspects" list tonight (hopefully I'll finish) because I know that after I get lynched tomorrow (unless something CRAZY happens) that it will help the town to see someone's list.

I'm going to try to finish my top three suspect list tonight. I know who I suspect, but I want to bring reason behind them with my post.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Omg... Whoops. I didn't realize that I got my extension granted.
thank you mod!

Now I have time to finish my top 3 suspects. (which, btw, I definitely was not able to finish tonight. I only got through one.)
Signature:
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Now I have time to finish my top 3 suspects. (which, btw, I definitely was not able to finish tonight. I only got through one.)
How much do you think it will help getting this list like just a day before the deadline? The only chance you have is come up with something that's not wishy washy, something to the point, and take a definitive stance yourself. You've been talking for I don't know how long now, but not voting. Basically we get 3 days extra what we've been doing for weeks now.

Only positive thing is that we might get more input/answers from jimsauce, because I found it a bit awkward he was away just until the deadline.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 12:54 pm

I think it will help because it looks like I'm getting lynched. As I've heard, it helps the town to see a top three list from a townie after she/he is dead.

I'm not voting until I post my cases. I'm going to make a definitive stance then.
Signature:
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Ugh I didn't see he extended it. You're too nice Vel! :lol:
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Amor »

BaB, I think it would be better if you made these cases you're going to push shorter or somehow take less time on them. If you post these right before deadline people probably won't be able to see and discuss them enough for it to make a difference. Maybe post a summary now and some evidence later?
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Muerrto »

It's a week away now, he extended it to the 9th =p
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by td »

Actually, its the Monday the fifth. More to come in the next few hours.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Lol oh it says Friday the 5th
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by td »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Firstlym there were definitely "a few errors," you're post that you made explained only these mistakes:
1) I missed post 90
2) I mis-wrote what I meant. I'm not sure what I was saying, but you can see that that section of my writing I hadn't checked over.I said
I really need to quote his post on 142. It's great evidence
. As you see in this quote, II was writting a note to myself saying that I "need to quote" 142. I meant to quote it in my game analysis and pick it apart. Of course, that's the wrong post... I think I meant 156. I don't know how I got 142, and obviously that's a mistake since that was a post by a mod!
No. As I see in your original post #427, you said `I really need to quote his post on 142. It's great evidence: [quote of post #141].' You didn't get to post #156 until a full paragraph later. Where you did mean post #156 was here:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:First of all, JS accidentally posts in the game (proving that he isn’t just busy). The next time he posts is post 126, only after Cerb directly asks him a question.
However, that statement is (even in it's corrected form) still wrong, because he did post in #141, which you quoted right after making that statement. That is much too wrong to be a simple mistake considering how much effort you claim to have put into that post (especially since you didn't get it right the second time either).

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:3) I didn't check the time difference between the posts. Thanks for checking that, I didn't take into account that we had some rapid-fire posting during this game.
Why not? You obivously did check the time difference on other posts when you accused JimSauce of not posting for three days and WeyounsLastClone of not posting for five days (although both times, you actually got the differences wrong).

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:So you see, the three mistakes I caused only a "few errors," and were genuine mistakes. If I wanted to lie, I wouldn't have so strongly urged people to look at all the things I quote.
The `If I were scum, I'd have done
foo
, but since I haven't, I can't be scum' type of argument is not only WIFOM, but also obviously crap logic (which WIFOM is in most cases anyway).

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Td, answer this: how come you are not mentioning all the other posts that I referred to that were correct?
Because they were just that, a correct summary of parts of the game. It's not as if there had been anything new in it and therefore I didn't find it noteworthy.

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Td I had no need to edit out evidence. I have actually some things by JS that I decided not to quote, because I wanted the summary to try to give an overview on everyone, not just an attack on JS.
Then maybe you should just post it now, together with the rest of your analysis you have been promising since over a week ago.

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Td post 346: You say my analogy sucks, completely ignoring what I was using it for. Td, one can be "more guilty" by doing an action more than someone who was "less guilty." Killing one person versus killing 1,000 people. Or, killing someone in self-defense versus intentionally killing another person. If you wanted to seem scummy, you would continue to act the idea that, technically, (according to the definition of guilty) you can’t be “more guilty,” and you would ignore what I was saying. Some people have lurked more than others. In addition, some people have probably lurked at scummier momments than other people have.
You discredit all of these different types of lurking saying that they are all a null-tell. Do you see how this is anti-town?
No. Guilt is not quantifiable, you either are guilty or you're not. The difference in killing one person versus killing a thousand people is not that you're `more guilty of killing,' but that you're guilty of killing one person versus guilty of killing a thousand people.

Also, how can a moment be scummy? And what exactly are those `different types of lurking' supposed to be? Lurking simply means `not posting,' how can you do that in different ways? Lastly, how is pointing out that a certain argument would be valid against every player in the game anti-town?

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
td wrote:You still don't seem to get it. `everything can be a scum tell, but here are some examples' (which is what he did say) is completely different from `here are some tells, but they might not be applicable here' (which you claim you read out of it).

So either you are deliberately misinterpreting curiouskarmadog or not reading both his and my posts thoroughly enough.
Are you serious!? Those are the only two possible explanations! What!? [sarcasm] I couldn't have possibly be telling the truth about what I read out of it?[/sarcasm]

This is borderline tunneling. I'm telling you what I read out of CKD's comment. I'm not going to suddenly lie and contradict myself. This is what I read out of it.
You completely disregarding the possibility I am telling the truth is Tunneling.
This is scummy.
I never questioned what you claimed to have read out of that statement, but as you claim to read the opposite of what it says out of it, you obviously must have misread it. You either did that deliberately or by accident, but I don't see any other possibilities there.

--
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:It's a weak argument because it's my thoughts on what CKD said, and you keep saying that I'm lying. You have no evidence, you're just assuming my motives, which, as we discussed before, is always a bad thing to do as far as scum-hunting goes.
Your whole case against curiouskaramadog was based on your `thoughts on what CKD said.' How is that not a weak argument? Also, I didn't say that you're lying, but that you misread that statement and therefore you whole argument was baseless.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 7:40 pm

OK real quick, my thoughts are subject to change, but Amor says it would help if I posted something before the deadline happens.

JS because he hasn't done much scum-hunting.
Muerrto because he has pushed a wierd case on me.
and Amor (I think) because of reasons I haven't looked at.

See? I'm not really ready to post my suspicions. I guess I could finish my case against JS early tomorrow.
td wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Td post 346: You say my analogy sucks, completely ignoring what I was using it for. Td, one can be "more guilty" by doing an action more than someone who was "less guilty." Killing one person versus killing 1,000 people. Or, killing someone in self-defense versus intentionally killing another person. If you wanted to seem scummy, you would continue to act the idea that, technically, (according to the definition of guilty) you can’t be “more guilty,” and you would ignore what I was saying. Some people have lurked more than others. In addition, some people have probably lurked at scummier momments than other people have.
No. Guilt is not quantifiable, you either are guilty or you're not. The difference in killing one person versus killing a thousand people is not that you're `more guilty of killing,' but that you're guilty of killing one person versus guilty of killing a thousand people.
"If you wanted to seem scummy, you would continue to act the idea that, technically, (according to the definition of guilty) you can’t be “more guilty,” and you would ignore what I was saying."

"
"

I'm reposting what I said because you clearly didn't read it. You are pushing very weak parts of the argument (attacking the definition of guilt rather than listen to what I'm saying). I even said that you would have done this, and it would have been "scummy" in the post, but you still did this.

To answer your other questions, someone who lurks when nothing is going on is alot different than someone who lurks when two other people are having a vicious battle against eachother.
Making a certain tell
in
valid for everyone is a bad play since there are huge differences in degrees of lurking (a few days versus the whole game... this is the analogy I was making -- that you ignore and just attack the nuances of the word "guilty"), and since lurking at different times from different players can give very different tells.
Just disregarding ALL LURKING is bad. THat's like me saying since everyone here has voted for someone who has been voted for already (not true I think), then bandwagonning isn't a scum-tell for this game. Obviously there's a logical fallacy there, and the same fallacy applies when you consider all lurking as "not a tell"
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 7:56 am

EEBWOP In my big post when I said post 142 (this is the one that Td was grilling me about) I meant 141. It was a typo. I was not making up evidence. I typed a 2 instead of a 1. Sorry.

Td, you obviously checked JS's posts to see the mistake. Am I supposed to believe you didn't check the one post before 142? Something is odd about this. It would seem that if you were so eager to correct me, that you would see this. Interesting.

I can't believe you're claiming that I'm making up evidence...
Signature:
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Muerrto »

What I really dislike is that with the volume of posts you've made BaB you should be okay with dying and giving us an insane amount of info for day 2. But you're begging for your life which is scummy and reinforcing my suspiscion. If you're town then we'll mislynch and gain info from it. I don't think that's what's going to occur but it's not the end of the world and this day has dragged to the point that we've had EIGHT replacments.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

JimSauce
JimSauce
Goon
JimSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 8:24 am

Post by JimSauce »

I'm back! By the ambiguous first post, I presume the deadline is in two days rather than next Friday.

Bridges,
I am
very
interested in what you have to add to your case against me that wasn't already summarized in #427, and if you consider it good enough evidence to be in any way incriminating. I'm not saying this because I'd rather you not push your suspicions against me (as I anticipate that this will be read that way), but because I thought you already summed up why you considered me suspect in #427. Either way, I'm eager to start my improv defenses provided you get in the rest of the case before Monday.

#517: No one attacked you for changing your play-style, but rather the stated motivations for your actions. As far as I can tell, you are being pushed for actions that can be attributed to any player and at other times newbie-scum. Also, your defenses in #517 are WIFOM. If I was scum I could easily try to get discussion going and later point to this as proof of my township.

I agree with Amor that you are creating a strawman.

Kitty,
who is your top suspicion and why? I noted that you recapped your suspects but I don't believe you specified who you'd like to see to the noose today. I agree with your assertion that Radio hasn't been doing much scum-hunting lately. RI, who is your top suspicion and why?

Weyouns,
it's awesome that you think people will leave under pressure. It's not awesome that Boggzie obviously left because he didn't want to put up with Occult, rather than because he was under pressure. To keep this discussion from getting any more circular, please quote what messages preceding Boggzie's departure made you think he left to "get out of the heat".

Yes, the discussion clogged the topic and made it longer than it needed to be, and it is in the scum's best interest to create a circular discussion that will effectively distract from scum-hunting. Do you think the argument began after Curious defended himself against Bridges' vast implications, at which point misunderstanding and misinterpretation from both parties kept the argument going? Why aren't you suspicious of Bridges for contributing to the circular argument? Why do you think Curious is responsible for starting it? Why do you think these few actions from a dozen pages ago are scummier than everything else done in this topic?

Amor,
could you please quickly recap what Weyouns did that you consider scummy, and what makes you think he's a townie?

Td,
I don't think the errors Bridges made in #427 implicate him much further. I noticed many of them (and pointed some out in my immediate response), but didn't call him out on the others because they seemed like genuine mistakes. Specifically, the mistakes I ignored didn't seem like mistakes mafia would deliberately make because it doesn't much further their cause.

I think you've been tunelling Bridges this entire game. From your initial game-read, you only commented on his actions. In your following posts you didn't argue with or say anything about anyone but Bridges (excluding the few side questions at others and the small suspicion on cerebus). Then you bring up your attack against (guess who!) Bridges' #427. Who are your top three suspicions and why? Additionally, I'd like you to recap why Bridges should be hung.
td wrote:Having two votes during the random stage in a nine-player game where two other players also have two votes on them is hardly `nearly lynched.' Also there was actually no mention of you being female as the `reason' for those random votes.
Eh? I didn't think Kitty was referring to this game.

My top suspicions are still Weyouns and Bridges, with Amor and td floating around in the background. I realize I asked for many clarifications in this post; if anyone wants me to elaborate anything, don't call me a hypocrite and just ask.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Muerrto »

Aw I feel left out :(
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 8:50 am

VOTE: JS

Why?
Because
*He has spent the majority of the game agreeing with people.
*He has tried to stay out of the spotlight
*He also has not scum-hunted that much.

~~~
So here is some evidence for all three of those, especially the last two:

Again, I’m going to ask for you to use tabbed browsing. Open this post in one tab, and in the other, view all of the posts by JS and JS only in this thread. Ok, so JS has 52 posts total, and all of them fit into these categories*:

A) Non-scum-hunting stuff such as theory, quick clarifying posts, and just agreeing with others (not providing original info): His posts 2 4(staying on everyone’s good side) 7 10 23 25 27 30 32 35 36 37 39 41 44 fit into this.
B) Responses to what other people said/defending himself, and other prompted things. Most of his game has been this: posts 5 6 8 9 11 14 1516 17 19 20 22 24 26 28 29 31 34 38 43 45 47 49 50
C) Semi scum-hunting type stuff. (most of it isn’t scum-hunting, but I put all the pro-townish stuff he’s said here). : 0, 1 18 21 33 42 46 48.
D) Other 3, 12, 13, 51 (post 3 was an FOS for a lurker, not really pro or anti-town move.)
(12 and 13 were him posting in the wrong game) (51 was him saying he would be gone until this upcoming Friday).

*As you read, you may find many of the things that I didn’t put in category C were semi-helpful. For instance,

Notes, most of the posts fit into categories B and C. If I response post had some scum-hunting in it, I put it in category C.

If I did my math write, that means that over 3/4 of his game were non-scum-hunting stuff or responses that didn’t scum hunt. Only 8 of his posts were actually even
close
to scum-hunting.
As for those 8,
---0 and 1 are just discussing how Occult approved an early deadline. It’s really not much of scum-hunting really.
---18 can kind of be considered scum-hunting, however he simply restates arguments before (quote himself here) and he attacks who the town thinks is scummiest. Not really scum-hunting here, either, more like agreeing with town.
---21 Ok so this isn’t actually hunting for scum either, but he does ask some pro-town questions.
---33 are just his thoughts on the Muerrto and Cerb situation, It’s not really scum-hunting but I put it here because it wasn’t a direct response to something about him, and his discussion is good for the town. For those who are curious, (maybe karamdog is? Get it!) Js thought that Muerrto’s arguments were bad and sided with Cerb,
---42 This also isn’t scum-hunting, It’s a sudden vote with barely any evidence. Personally, I see it as distancing. Of course he just unvotes on 46 (again, 46 isn’t actually scum hunting, but I put it here since it didn’t fit in the other two categories)
---48, wow this is true scum-hunting. This is the only good, original case JS has made the entire game!

I could literally quote all the times JS has done something that isn’t scum-hunting, but 51 posts is too much too quote. Now agreeing is necessary a bad thing on it’s own. But combined with him not ever providing any original scum-hunting, he is not helping the town.
~~~
How many times has JS “agreed?”
8 10 (CKD) 10 (CKD again) 10 (CKD!) 16 (even agreeing about theory. Not really necessary to mention) 21 (amor, but not related to game) 23 (bab) 28 (bab) 29 (bab) 33 (Muerrto) 33 (Cerb) 33 (Cerb) 38 (CKD) 38 (CKD).
12 separate times. Agreeing occasionally is good, but when he doesn’t scum-hunt on his own (see above) and simply agrees with people, it’s scummy. Also, he agrees with people about game theory and stuff, which seems to me that he really just want to get on people’s good sides.

The other side of the argument:
he disagrees 7 times. He uses the word “disagree” a bunch of times, but most of the time he is talking about disagreeing or how he disagreed a lot, which he didn’t. There’s only 7 things he disagrees with. That’s only half of the time he agrees.

~~~

JS wrote: Not much to say.
. As always.

Post 403,
JS wrote: The whole case is not enough for a vote from me. You come up with good evidence, but unfortunately most of it has been mentioned before, though not explained away.
. (this is JS post 38 and game post 403) Ok, well, JS, how come on post 410 you quickly vote for Muerrto with barely any evidence? Keep in mind this is less than 6 hours after post 403.

Oh wait, and after “throwing caution to the winds,” (410) JS unvotes on post 448 claiming
Unvote. Muerrto, I think you explained your vote well enough in #418, though I'm maintaining some suspicion because of the illogical argument you pushed on Bridges earlier. I noted that you felt your claim was sound after others argued against it, but you never explained why. If I ever bring up a case against you (and Bridges is confirmed town at the time) this accusation will probably play a substantial part in it.9

Why did it take so long for that post to convince you! You posted 2 separate times and four days later it finally convinced you? This is just wrong. I don’t like this at all. The post doesn’t even explain the vote very well.
He unvotes on post 418, is this enough to persuade you?\

Something else he did: he sided against both CKD and myself during the argument between us (208). It doesn’t make sense considering I (in hindsight) didn’t provide any good evidence against him. It just seems like he is trying to cast the guilt on us two. Of course I’ve done my share of scummy things, but really, I don’t see CKD being scum at all right now.

JS, how is “obnoxiousness” scummy? And how is “speaking for the town” scummy? Of course, both of these seem like playing mafia badly, it’s not necessary scummy!

Ok I’m rushing this so I can post this now.
I don’t like how he hasn’t scum-hunted, I don’t like his weird vote and unvote on Muerrto (and the contradiction), and I don’t like how he considered both CKD and I scummy during our argument.

You can see all the times he hasn't scum-hunted. That's enough evidence for me.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 8:53 am

Muerrto wrote:What I really dislike is that with the volume of posts you've made BaB you should be okay with dying and giving us an insane amount of info for day 2. But you're begging for your life which is scummy and reinforcing my suspiscion. If you're town then we'll mislynch and gain info from it. I don't think that's what's going to occur but it's not the end of the world and this day has dragged to the point that we've had EIGHT replacments.
It'd be better if a townie doesn't die the first day, but if one has to, I'm pefectly willing because in the end-game I'm really dangerous. I've acted so scummy before that if the scum keep me to the end, I'd be an easy lynch.

I'm also willing to die because I'm a vanilla.

I'm trying to frantically finish my last posts so that the town can use them when I'm dead.
Signature:
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Muerrto »

The problem is we can't use your posts really well because you've FoS'ed or suspected just about everyone. You've voted CKD, me, and now Sauce. You've Fos'ed and brought cases on Black and WLC for lurking and on Amor. The only ones you've never touched are Radio and Cerb/Kitt.

We have 2 scum in this town. Not 6. So tomorrow, if you're town, how do we look back and read your posts and gather information from them? You have to control your voting and suspiscions more and try to not voice everything that comes to mind. Random thoughts going through your head are fine, posting them makes the thread longer and more confusing.

Just some constructive criticism.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Radio_Interference
Radio_Interference
Townie
Radio_Interference
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Radio_Interference »

Krrrzzt....

[Muerrto]
Technically Bab did express concern towards me right towards the beggining of his part of the game started, but no, I never got FoS'd or voted. I'm making the statemtn simply because I'd like to know if you werent counting it, or didnt remember it.

[+Also]

[JS]
I agreed with that assumption myself :) As far as scumhunting comes and goes, I plan on posting something up a little later tonight in regards to what I said towards Amor a couple days ago. Sound good?

*Transmission out*
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Muerrto »

Radio_Interference wrote:
Krrrzzt....

[Muerrto]
Technically Bab did express concern towards me right towards the beggining of his part of the game started, but no, I never got FoS'd or voted. I'm making the statemtn simply because I'd like to know if you werent counting it, or didnt remember it.
Not really counting it. Like I said, I thought at first BaB was shying away from you but I find more evidence to link him w/Kitten who's done little to aleviate that.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”