Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: Valid argument =/= Correct argument. I was stating that I'd expect even if you were town and I was scum, you'd easily see how a town player could think what I'm thinking.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Rishi »

Yeah, I don't like how SD keeps hiding behind his doctor claim any time anyone says anything critical of him.

So, SD, X is not trying to get you lynched, but you really are acting scummy. The vote is there to remind you of it. You will not get four more votes today. X's vote on you is not indicative of scum.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Rishi wrote:Yeah, I don't like how SD keeps hiding behind his doctor claim any time anyone says anything critical of him.

So, SD, X is not trying to get you lynched, but you really are acting scummy. The vote is there to remind you of it. You will not get four more votes today. X's vote on you is not indicative of scum.
Correct, though I'm dubious of your buddying... :)
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Rishi »

Heh. I think buddying is one of the best scum tactics out there. But, it's a bad tactic to buddy up to a person who may be lynched soon. If I were scum and was going to buddy, I'd pick someone likely to survive to the endgame.

For you newbs, buddying is when a scum agrees a lot with a townie and starts to defend them. That townie then feels good about that and starts to gain a positive impression of the scum. It's really quite effective.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:34 am

Post by icemanE »

I am going to
unvote
because X is getting serious here, I'll be back with more later.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:46 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

I feel our votes are getting somewhat pointless, lets just keep going in circles, me, then ice, then x, what out muffin you could be next L-1 person... lol
unvote
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:47 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

All this indecisiveness just shows how practically none of us are confident in our votes.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:12 am

Post by icemanE »

I have to say that what X has said the last few pages
totally
changes the way I think about this game. I am more or less convinced that X is not scum. In comparing the way he reacted when faced with L-1 with the way myself and SD did, there's a huge disparity. SD claimed (perhaps validly, perhaps otherwise) and I conceeded to what I thought was an imminent mislynch. X, on the other hand, turned around and put some serious thought into several insightful posts.

I suppose I should have read the rules a little more carefully but I was completely unaware that there were multiple structures for the game. The fact that there are 2 scenarios in which the game does not even have a doctor essentially brings me back to the very early stages of the game, when I was totally convinced that SD was scum, except my suspicion of him has been magnified even further. I hold my early suspicions of him along with his very evident desire to lynch someone ASAP while simultaneously being very reluctant to place the kill vote, even asking the town if its OK.

Additionally this quote is totally unfounded:

All this indecisiveness just shows how practically none of us are confident in our votes.

I have been confident in every one of my votes, and I believe most everyone else has too, other than the random votes, but things change, and change back again, as you can see.

I now confidently
Vote: SD
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:45 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

I now confidently Vote: SD
Well im glad your taking a stand in who you think is mafia or not, it shows some decisiveness, although your making a mistake.
But then again you have voted and unvoted alot, so show me that you are confident and hold to it this time.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by icemanE »

SD_Reaper wrote:
I now confidently Vote: SD
Well im glad your taking a stand in who you think is mafia or not, it shows some decisiveness, although your making a mistake.
But then again you have voted and unvoted alot, so show me that you are confident and hold to it this time.
Haha I'm not even going to get into that argument. :roll:
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by ting =) »

rishi wrote:But, it's a bad tactic to buddy up to a person who may be lynched soon.
No. Scum can buddy up to the others with no risks because they're pretty sure, in fact, too sure, of who's town. This is the second time you've buddied up to someone and been 'sure' that they're town. If either iceman or xdaamno get lynched and turn out town, you can point back and go, 'see, i was right!' No town player can be so sure of who else is town.
sd wrote:All this indecisiveness just shows how practically none of us are confident in our votes.
It might be that both scum are already on the wagon and can't convince anyone else to place a vote to hammer. Or it might be that xdammno really is scum and his partner isn't comfortable with bussing him.

----

Why so eager to derail the wagon on xdaamno by starting one on sd ice? You've changed your view on sd and xdaamno a trillion times now.

vote:ice
If this wagon doesn't pick up in a few days, I'll switch my vote to xdaamno.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 1:44 am

Post by muffinhead »

Wow, So much has happened within 24 hours.
first off
mod prod matalic as he hasnt been here in ages
so long i completely forgot about him.

Wow its a dang there is still no reading on anyone. I still could explain why i dont like Xdaaminos posts but 1- i dont have the time currently
2- I have explained enough sitatuions of him therefore i dont think it will get us anywhere for now. However Over the last 2 pages u for once havnt dodged the scnario and answered it with plenty of votes. I have most definatly still igmeoy but untill i see another horrible post i think we should see what we can find elesewhere.

Now i cant believe we r back on sd, he sure looks scummy but as rishi said with the risk of lynching a doctor i dont think its worth it on day 1.
Heh. I think buddying is one of the best scum tactics out there. But, it's a bad tactic to buddy up to a person who may be lynched soon. If I were scum and was going to buddy, I'd pick someone likely to survive to the endgame.

For you newbs, buddying is when a scum agrees a lot with a townie and starts to defend them. That townie then feels good about that and starts to gain a positive impression of the scum. It's really quite effective.
Isnt this somthing u and farside have done the whole game rishi,
ting =) wrote:
rishi wrote:But, it's a bad tactic to buddy up to a person who may be lynched soon.
No. Scum can buddy up to the others with no risks because they're pretty sure, in fact, too sure, of who's town. This is the second time you've buddied up to someone and been 'sure' that they're town. If either iceman or xdaamno get lynched and turn out town, you can point back and go, 'see, i was right!' No town player can be so sure of who else is town.

WHAT? so ur saying that if a person buddies up and agrees with someones facts which are incorrect therefore they were voted off because of those poor reasons, that makes them look better? What if scum done that to sd or iceman earlier when they were on L-1. Well i suppose this is a newbe game. But what if In the end neither were lynched like in sds and icemans scnario therefore it could totally it could totally come back to hanut the scum?
sd wrote:All this indecisiveness just shows how practically none of us are confident in our votes.
It might be that both scum are already on the wagon and can't convince anyone else to place a vote to hammer. Or it might be that xdammno really is scum and his partner isn't comfortable with bussing him.

----

This is what i really dont like, I thought u would know the fact that it wouldnt be smart for scum to put the final vote on somebody anyway because if that person turned up scum, then we all know who to lynch when day 2 comes around.
For me the only reason why its so difficult to find scum is because half the people havnt talked enough and therefore we do not have enough information on, people like ting,twiggles,matlaic and farside. I mean to have 20 pages go past and still be back to level 1 surely means that at least 1 of those people are scum.
So your suspicions are based solely on the fact that you can't get a read on me
No they are based on the fact that u have posted the least amount yet with so very few posts earlier, every time u do post like the one above, it is on poor reasoning.

based on this i will
unvote, vote ting
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Rishi »

SD_Reaper wrote:I feel our votes are getting somewhat pointless, lets just keep going in circles, me, then ice, then x, what out muffin you could be next L-1 person... lol
unvote
You just keep looking for the next lynch. Now that the X lynch looks less viable, you just jump off the bandwagon? Why?

And don't answer, "Because I'm the doctor and I can do what I want!"
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 3:53 am

Post by icemanE »

Why so eager to derail the wagon on xdaamno by starting one on sd ice? You've changed your view on sd and xdaamno a trillion times now.
I'm pretty sure I both mentioned AND explained that in my post.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Rishi »

Hey, folks, when quoting people, it's helpful to know who you are quoting.

In order to do this, in the first quote tag, write (quote="Rishi") for example with brackets instead of parenthesis.

It'll look like this.
Rishi wrote:Quote tags are the bomb!
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Xdaamno »

ting =) wrote:

----

vote:ice
If this wagon doesn't pick up in a few days, I'll switch my vote to xdaamno.
I don't even want to point out the 'looking out for his buddy'-ing in this post. I mean, it's just too
easy
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Xdaamno »

SD_Reaper wrote:All this indecisiveness just shows how practically none of us are confident in our votes.
Stop putting words in people's mouth.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Rishi »

Vote: farside22

I know that she has a good reason to be inactive, but she has posted in some other games yesterday, but didn't say anything in this one, at a point where this game has been its most interesting.

Also, she was kind of leading the charge on Xdaamno for fairly thin reasons and, at least for now, I'm liking X's play. And, of the active players (muffinhead, ting, iceman, SD and X), the scummiest is SD, but I've said multiple times I'm against lynching a claimed doctor on Day 1. I don't have enough of a read on Metalic or Twiglees to support a lynch there.

So, at the moment, farside is probably the person I'm most willing to lynch. I don't like lynching good players because, if they're town, they can be a huge asset but I don't see another way to go at the moment.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 4:46 am

Post by icemanE »

Ting wrote: Why so eager to derail the wagon on xdaamno by starting one on sd ice? You've changed your view on sd and xdaamno a trillion times now.

vote:ice If this wagon doesn't pick up in a few days, I'll switch my vote to xdaamno.
Man, sorry to quote the same passage twice but I didn't realize how ridiculous this looks the first time I read it. First of all I changed my opinion of SD twice, but as a noob who didn't know what the claiming process was all about, I think that's totally reasonable. I have changed my opinion of X once, and I explained why. That's three changes total, nowhere near a trillion. And are you suggesting that I should keep being suspicious of someone, or not become suspicious of someone, based on what they do to change that? That's a horrible point.

And then this: you criticize me for "derailing" the X wagon (which is idiotic because I wasn't the first one to unvote him anyways) and "starting" the SD wagon (which is idiotic because I wasn't the first one to vote for him) and then proceed to openly admit to starting your own. One could just as easily ask you why you're interested in "derailing" current wagons and "starting" new ones, seemingly without a reason other than to gather votes, even admitting that all you're doing is starting a wagon for the purpose of doing it, and saying you'll switch to another simply based on what other people decide to do. You are either very poor at explaining what you're thinking or you have no idea what you're talking about.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote:
Ting wrote: Why so eager to derail the wagon on xdaamno by starting one on sd ice? You've changed your view on sd and xdaamno a trillion times now.

vote:ice If this wagon doesn't pick up in a few days, I'll switch my vote to xdaamno.
Man, sorry to quote the same passage twice but I didn't realize how ridiculous this looks the first time I read it. First of all I changed my opinion of SD twice, but as a noob who didn't know what the claiming process was all about, I think that's totally reasonable. I have changed my opinion of X once, and I explained why. That's three changes total, nowhere near a trillion. And are you suggesting that I should keep being suspicious of someone, or not become suspicious of someone, based on what they do to change that? That's a horrible point.

And then this: you criticize me for "derailing" the X wagon (which is idiotic because I wasn't the first one to unvote him anyways) and "starting" the SD wagon (which is idiotic because I wasn't the first one to vote for him) and then proceed to openly admit to starting your own. One could just as easily ask you why you're interested in "derailing" current wagons and "starting" new ones, seemingly without a reason other than to gather votes, even admitting that all you're doing is starting a wagon for the purpose of doing it, and saying you'll switch to another simply based on what other people decide to do. You are either very poor at explaining what you're thinking or you have no idea what you're talking about.
Right, I agree entirely.
Cracking Idea Mafia
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 7:18 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

ice wrote: And then this: you criticize me for "derailing" the X wagon (which is idiotic because I wasn't the first one to unvote him anyways) and "starting" the SD wagon (which is idiotic because I wasn't the first one to vote for him) and then proceed to openly admit to starting your own. One could just as easily ask you why you're interested in "derailing" current wagons and "starting" new ones, seemingly without a reason other than to gather votes, even admitting that all you're doing is starting a wagon for the purpose of doing it, and saying you'll switch to another simply based on what other people decide to do. You are either very poor at explaining what you're thinking or you have no idea what you're talking about.
Well, when starting a wagon, the wagon starts with the second person to the voting or unvoting. The frist person is usually the independent choice and other pick up on it afterward. So to say you were not the first person to unvote him actually supports his idea of you derailing the x wagon. Also the fact that you were the second person to vote me also shows that you are the starter of the SD wagon again, (as I said, Rishi voted independently and then you bandwagoned) The fact that he was comfortable in swithcing from you to x is the fact that you two probably look the most scummiest to him as how i would willing vote either of you as well.

This is how i see his argument, clearly it can make sense either way depending on how you look at it
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Rishi »

Rishi wrote:
SD_Reaper wrote:I feel our votes are getting somewhat pointless, lets just keep going in circles, me, then ice, then x, what out muffin you could be next L-1 person... lol
unvote
You just keep looking for the next lynch. Now that the X lynch looks less viable, you just jump off the bandwagon? Why?

Please answer this.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Xdaamno »

SD_Reaper wrote:
ice wrote: And then this: you criticize me for "derailing" the X wagon (which is idiotic because I wasn't the first one to unvote him anyways) and "starting" the SD wagon (which is idiotic because I wasn't the first one to vote for him) and then proceed to openly admit to starting your own. One could just as easily ask you why you're interested in "derailing" current wagons and "starting" new ones, seemingly without a reason other than to gather votes, even admitting that all you're doing is starting a wagon for the purpose of doing it, and saying you'll switch to another simply based on what other people decide to do. You are either very poor at explaining what you're thinking or you have no idea what you're talking about.
Well, when starting a wagon, the wagon starts with the second person to the voting or unvoting. The frist person is usually the independent choice and other pick up on it afterward. So to say you were not the first person to unvote him actually supports his idea of you derailing the x wagon. Also the fact that you were the second person to vote me also shows that you are the starter of the SD wagon again, (as I said, Rishi voted independently and then you bandwagoned) The fact that he was comfortable in swithcing from you to x is the fact that you two probably look the most scummiest to him as how i would willing vote either of you as well.

This is how i see his argument, clearly it can make sense either way depending on how you look at it
That's not an 'argument', that's being pedantic; you're clearly trying to start a bandwagon.
Cracking Idea Mafia
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 11:00 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Rishi wrote: You just keep looking for the next lynch. Now that the X lynch looks less viable, you just jump off the bandwagon? Why?

You answered your own question, x's lynch is less viable therefore it is pointless to keep my vote on him. It does not mean i will that will just jump on the next bandwagon, it means that im waiting to cast my vote at a time where i feel it will make a positive and significant impact.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 11:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Rishi wrote:
Vote: farside22

I know that she has a good reason to be inactive, but she has posted in some other games yesterday, but didn't say anything in this one, at a point where this game has been its most interesting.

Also, she was kind of leading the charge on Xdaamno for fairly thin reasons and, at least for now, I'm liking X's play. And, of the active players (muffinhead, ting, iceman, SD and X), the scummiest is SD, but I've said multiple times I'm against lynching a claimed doctor on Day 1. I don't have enough of a read on Metalic or Twiglees to support a lynch there.

So, at the moment, farside is probably the person I'm most willing to lynch. I don't like lynching good players because, if they're town, they can be a huge asset but I don't see another way to go at the moment.
Why is X not the play? Forgive me, but I stated his comment and actions are crap. He wants to lynch a claimed doctor! Are we nuts that this is okay?! Sure SD is playing terrible and I can't believe X leading the charge against a claim doctor is ok in anyone's book. My vote stays.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”