Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Twiglees »

SD: I would wait until he reacts to your comments; he may be unable to access before midnight (UK Time). I feel Xdammno trying to lynch the claimed doctor is a very strange, especially for an IC to do It may be scum trying to lynch a claimed doc to avoid wasting a night-kill as they know that there is a cop; or very forgettful down; or just attempting to get a reaction; which he has obviously got.

I wish to see hgow he reacts; so I will
FOS: Xdammno
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Twiglees wrote:SD: I would wait until he reacts to your comments; he may be unable to access before midnight (UK Time). I feel Xdammno trying to lynch the claimed doctor is a very strange, especially for an IC to do It may be scum trying to lynch a claimed doc to avoid wasting a night-kill as they know that there is a cop; or very forgettful down; or just attempting to get a reaction; which he has obviously got.

I wish to see hgow he reacts; so I will
FOS: Xdammno
No, I'm not 'trying to get a reaction' here. I'm pretty convinced; SD has been flinging classic tells left and right, throwing me off track, so I've been jumping around a lot; I thought all setups had a doctor.

If scum claimed doctor off the bat, there's a 50% chance he can get away with it 100% confirmed, and if he waits and reads the game, it's an even easier decision.

I'm gonna look back to the post which he claimed, and if he asked anyone else to claim before that; if he did, and you're not voting him, you're either scum or bad at mafia, and I say that from the bottom of my heart.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Xdaamno »

OK, he didn't, which is irrelevant, though he was under suspiscion at the time, making the chance he's scum playing a last-resort gambit
very plausable
in my eyes.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Whee. I feel elated that I've finally solved something in the last 12 pages.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Rishi »

Xdaamno wrote: I'm gonna look back to the post which he claimed, and if he asked anyone else to claim before that; if he did, and you're not voting him, you're either scum or bad at mafia, and I say that from the bottom of my heart.
I agree that SD is acting very, very scummy. My point is that he's a better lynch later on down the road than Day 1. If he's still here on Day 3, for example, then we should definitely lynch him. Right now, there's a chance he's telling the truth and I don't want to lynch the doctor on Day 1. If he is scum, let's catch his buddy first.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Rishi wrote:
Xdaamno wrote: I'm gonna look back to the post which he claimed, and if he asked anyone else to claim before that; if he did, and you're not voting him, you're either scum or bad at mafia, and I say that from the bottom of my heart.
I agree that SD is acting very, very scummy. My point is that he's a better lynch later on down the road than Day 1. If he's still here on Day 3, for example, then we should definitely lynch him. Right now, there's a chance he's telling the truth and I don't want to lynch the doctor on Day 1. If he is scum, let's catch his buddy first.
Ah, I see your point; I got ahead of myself there.

OK, for the same reason a cop should investigate the second scummiest person, I'm gonna look for interactions with other players.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Rishi »

Unvote

Glad that X is finally seeing some sense. I don't want someone to drop the hammer before we get some more analysis. The fact is, if X is town, we could use his insight. Even if he dies, we can look back at his posts later.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:10 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

@xdaamo
Dude your not saying anything new about the doc scum correlation. Check the a couple pages back, we went over this several times.
and just for your information, its never a good idea to risk lynching the doc early.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Xdaamno »

SD_Reaper wrote:@xdaamo
Dude your not saying anything new about the doc scum correlation. Check the a couple pages back, we went over this several times.
and just for your information, its never a good idea to risk lynching the doc early.
Well, I wasn't listening. Your point is?
Cracking Idea Mafia
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:19 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Come on Rishi, this is at least the third time you put someone at lynch one and then unvoted them, your indecisiveness is really frustrating. Its people like you that make this day never end..........
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:19 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Also right now, im am not really watching what i say, i am just saying what i feel, because i am doc and a townsperson, no counterclaim or anything cuz im not lying.
Its just that day one has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks and etc. and im really anxious to get this game moving.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:21 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Well no wonder pretty much all of your speculations are hunches then. You werent listening... okay that makes sense now >.>
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Xdaamno »

SD_Reaper wrote:

Well no wonder pretty much all of your speculations are hunches then. You werent listening... okay that makes sense now >.>
I hate it when people use abstract arguments like this, because they're complete bs; it's like making a gay joke. I mean, you should be trying to win by logic, not by incriminating me on purpose.

So I wasn't paying attention at the time. How does that correspond whatsoever to the authenticity of an argument that nobody but you disputes the possibility of?
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Xdaamno »

SD_Reaper wrote:Come on Rishi, this is at least the third time you put someone at lynch one and then unvoted them, your indecisiveness is really frustrating. Its people like you that make this day never end..........
Also, just as a note, this is the third mental note I've made that you want to end the day ASAP, which is obviously advantageous for scum. While none of this is individually concrete, it's really stacking up.
Cracking Idea Mafia
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:29 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Also, just as a note, this is the third mental note I've made that you want to end the day ASAP, which is obviously advantageous for scum. While none of this is individually concrete, it's really stacking up.
Ive already said that i want the day to end, im not hiding it, so good job on your deduction skills.... and stack up whatever you want and build some solid hard evidence that says im scum, because any way you look at it, you cant vote off the claimed doc day 1.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Bleh, I should of put these all in one post.
SD_Reaper wrote:Also right now, im am not really watching what i say, i am just saying what i feel, because i am doc and a townsperson, no counterclaim or anything cuz im not lying.
Its just that day one has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks and etc. and im really anxious to get this game moving.
And this is where my logic that I gave before comes into play, which I felt applied to you more than farside at the time; I'll repeat myself.

Scum know they're wrong. They know the people they're trying to lynch are town. Therefore it's in their best interests to have a backup plan when it's revealed they were wrong (This links into trying to stay out of arguments, also to soften the blow). I find that in almost
every single game
, the scum act upon this consciously or subconsciously, which you're doing here by making excuses such as 'I'm not really watching what I say'.

This is getting blatantly obvious. Finally, I'm as certain as I can be on a lynch. Whoopee.

Vote: SD_Reaper
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: That came out wrong. I don't want a lynch
yet
, but I'm certain of the lynch when it does occur. My vote is there for aesthetics, if you will.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Rishi »

SD_Reaper wrote:Come on Rishi, this is at least the third time you put someone at lynch one and then unvoted them, your indecisiveness is really frustrating. Its people like you that make this day never end..........
Bzzt. Sorry. Wrong answer. You win a copy of our home game, except we only have one, so you'll have to wait until Iceman is done with it.

It's people who don't contribute or vote that slow games down.

And stop whining. I'm really sick of it. You had the opportunity to drop the hammer, but you decided not to. If you really want X gone, then put him at L -1 and maybe someone else will hammer.

You keep blaming others for making the day go long when you're part of the problem, not the solution. You've had a vote on Iceman for THREE WEEKS, the only vote on Iceman. NEWSFLASH: Iceman will probably not be lynched today. If you want this day to move along, then contribute something meaningful. And then put your vote in a place where it will make a difference.

And, by the way, yet another scumtell. Telling people to vote for other players but not doing it yourself...
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Xdaamno »

SD_Reaper wrote:
Ive already said that i want the day to end, im not hiding it, so good job on your deduction skills.... and stack up whatever you want and build some solid hard evidence that says im scum, because any way you look at it, you cant vote off the claimed doc day 1.
This is both insulting me 'see the "gay joke" analogy' and strawmanning.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Xdaamno »

By that, I mean I want you to respond to my other points too, not just pretending it's a pick n mix here.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Xdaamno »

You see, I wish this were more like interrogation rooms where the suspect has to answer on the spot rather than take a good 30 minute nap, thinking about what to say.
Cracking Idea Mafia
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:41 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Eh i guess your right rishi i will change my vote for now. Xdaamo is still trying to vote the doctor, which means he is being blatantly obvious that he is mafia or he is just a bad townie who is not looking a proper stategies. Either way, i am
voting xdaamo
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Rishi »

Or a face-to-face Mafia game.

I actually prefer playing live games. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a dozen people who want to play and all have simultaneous free time.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:43 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

EBWOP
unvote, vote xdaamo
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Xdaamno »

SD_Reaper wrote:Eh i guess your right rishi i will change my vote for now. Xdaamo is still trying to vote the doctor, which means he is being blatantly obvious that he is mafia or he is just a bad townie who is not looking a proper stategies. Either way, i am
voting xdaamo
You see, any reasonable human being would realise that what I am saying is a valid argument. Since you're a reasonable human being, I can only conclude you're using the opposite of hyperbole (the term for which slips my mind) to make it look like I'm scum. For the THIRD time, this is using insults and misdirection rather than logic.
Cracking Idea Mafia

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”