Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Rishi »

farside22 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote: Firstly, the quotes that are not individually explained are attributed to what I said in the top paragraph.

Secondly, your immediate vote without hearing if I had any good explanation that I didn't post at the time might suggest to me you're trying to distance yourself from the very reasons I gave.
This is the second time you bring my name up with crap reasoning. The first time I asked you you said nothing in response to my question. Now you have these quotes and then vote and you want me to ask a second time for a reason? I thought your quotes were your reason. Still liking my vote where it stands.
I'll do a read, though I know he has said at least a few things that were fairly helpful, but that could just be IC instinct.

He seems a little inattentive, but I will do an isolated re-read on him in the next day or two.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Xdaamno »

This is what I get for finding half my evidence
after
I've decided on my vibes; flimsy arguments ._.

I don't think it's crap reasoning, however. You've danced around a lot of points, farside, without really 'offending' anyone per se; the reason I'm jumping on myself is I do this a lot, as scum, and I'm trying to change it as it's so obvious to me */meta*.

Still, regardless of my obvious inattentiveness, this whole wagon on me is bs, that I can tell. There's been so many less points made so far with hardly any substance; do you really think me making an effort here is scummy? I mean, my vote
was
for pressure, not LOL FARSIDE WAGON '08.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: Also,
Rishi wrote: He seems a little inattentive
IC popularity contests (inc. mud-flinging) for the lose, even though I find them hilarious.

^^^ Above post has no substance, ignore it.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by icemanE »

Holy hell, X, I have no idea what you just said.
the reason I'm jumping on myself is I do this a lot, as scum, and I'm trying to change it as it's so obvious to me */meta*.
Are you saying that you do what YOU'RE doing or what FARSIDE is doing? I couldn't work that out
^^^ Above post has no substance, ignore it.
Does this refer to 427 or 426? And why did you post it if it had no significance? You're a sketchy mofo.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Xdaamno wrote:This is what I get for finding half my evidence
after

I don't think it's crap reasoning, however. You've danced around a lot of points, farside, without really 'offending' anyone per se; the reason I'm jumping on myself is I do this a lot, as scum, and I'm trying to change it as it's so obvious to me */meta*.

Still, regardless of my obvious inattentiveness, this whole wagon on me is bs, that I can tell. There's been so many less points made so far with hardly any substance; do you really think me making an effort here is scummy? I mean, my vote
was
It just seems to obvious for an ic to do this out of pure furstration, therefore i think its a total act.
then to say this
Above post has no substance, ignore it
I really cant imagine X as an ic saying any of this if he was a townie. He may argue farsides point, but to post such a sarcastic post?

This is the first time i can say this throughtout the match. We have found certain scum.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by icemanE »

I really cant imagine X as an ic saying any of this if he was a townie. He may argue farsides point, but to post such a sarcastic post?
I think I see what you're saying. Comparing the way the other two IC's play with X's last few posts, you can see a huge disparity. Especially that last bit.

I got in that scrap with Rishi but throughout it he stood his ground and took it seriously, whereas X has taken some kind of bizarre ironic stance where, for an IC, you'd expect a more thorough explanation and more solid reasoning for his votes and suspicions.

vote: X

@ Rishi:

I've been calling you "he" this whole time. Is that accurate?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote: @ Rishi:

That is accurate. Most players (though not all) have gender tags next to their posts, including myself.

As for this whole things between X and farside, it seems odd. I think that they are both tunneling a little on each other.

I really want to hear more from the players who almost never post, especially ting and Twiglees. If one of them is scum, they could just be sitting around waiting for the townies to tear each other apart.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by icemanE »

That is accurate.
Ah right ok, thanks. I thought I remembered someone saying she earlier but that was farside.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by muffinhead »

I think i have been calling rishi a she. Im actually shocked to hear that. If thats the case then i do apologise. What next, icemane is also a girl? lol.
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote:
I think I see what you're saying. Comparing the way the other two IC's play with X's last few posts, you can see a huge disparity. Especially that last bit.

I got in that scrap with Rishi but throughout it he stood his ground and took it seriously, whereas X has taken some kind of bizarre ironic stance where, for an IC, you'd expect a more thorough explanation and more solid reasoning for his votes and suspicions.

vote: X

@ Rishi:

I see your point, but it appears to me your prioritising 'different to the other two ICs' which is a half-valid but easily explained argument (via different playstyles), over 'people play more relaxed as town' which is, in my opinion, a stronger argument.

Regardless, that was a one-off... I was feeling fairly philosophical about life at the time :lol:
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Xdaamno »

muffinhead wrote:
after

was
It just seems to obvious for an ic to do this out of pure furstration, therefore i think its a total act.
then to say this

This is the first time i can say this throughtout the match. We have found certain scum.
Also, I'm reconsidering muffin as scum for the fact you're suddenly labelling me 'certain scum' over something which, as I stated, could easily implicate me as town, which kinda renders the 'certain' bit a lie, right?
Cracking Idea Mafia
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Twiglees »

I've been here since the beginning and it has been a fairly long time; buut I believe that it is normal here.

I'm going to re-read and comment later.
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Everyone knows I'm busy so it's not like it's news, but to me when X called me out and said he liked me as scum and gave no explanation and then he uses these quotes where it doesn't show anything, but being tentative about lynching a player that I see votes as one sided. Well what else would you call his vote but crap. As an IC player or person who's played games here there should be better reason's then he has given. That is why I feel X is scum. As for a partner well I think it's a bit early to figure out, but I think an X lynch will tell us more then an Iceman lynch.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Twiglees »

EBWOP on 436: I will be drasticly inactive to the days running up to Sixth of May, as I have my Standard Gtade English exam on that date so I need to practice.
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

Xdaamno
(3):
farside22, muffinhead, icemanE

icemanE
(1):
SD_Reaper

farside22
(1):
Xdaamno

not voting
(4):
Metalic, Rishi, ting =), Twiglees

Five's the number I'm looking for.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Xdaamno wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
after

was
then to say this

Also, I'm reconsidering muffin as scum for the fact you're suddenly labelling me 'certain scum' over something which, as I stated, could easily implicate me as town, which kinda renders the 'certain' bit a lie, right?
Its not just that x. Over the whole match ive had vibes with u. U seem to be more moody then anyone else. Before anyone had voted u, u would just causually hang around and put a vote on a person then unvote whenno one joins in and vote the next person to c what happens. All of a sudden u have a vote on u and suddenly u have gone crazy and gotten really po. Now as it has put u in worse position u have goon back to calm and ask questions without going over the top.

Now I am not 100% that u r scum because u can never be in this type of game (unless u r a cop) however i am more certain of u being scum the anytime in the game currently.

EBWOP on 436: I will be drasticly inactive to the days running up to Sixth of May, as I have my Standard Gtade English exam on that date so I need to practice
:( we really need more from u twiggles.
Show

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:07 am

Post by Rishi »

Where's ting?
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:25 am

Post by muffinhead »

mod prod ting
dunno but i have seen him/her active in other games. Proberbly doing to many games at one time.
Show

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:54 am

Post by Rishi »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_symbol

Apparently, they don't teach these things in school.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Xdaamno »

muffinhead wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
after

was
then to say this

Its not just that x. Over the whole match ive had vibes with u. U seem to be more moody then anyone else. Before anyone had voted u, u would just causually hang around and put a vote on a person then unvote whenno one joins in and vote the next person to c what happens. All of a sudden u have a vote on u and suddenly u have gone crazy and gotten really po. Now as it has put u in worse position u have goon back to calm and ask questions without going over the top.

Now I am not 100% that u r scum because u can never be in this type of game (unless u r a cop) however i am more certain of u being scum the anytime in the game currently.

EBWOP on 436: I will be drasticly inactive to the days running up to Sixth of May, as I have my Standard Gtade English exam on that date so I need to practice
:( we really need more from u twiggles.
Firstly, pressuring people is not scummy, and secondly, there is a snowball's chance in hell you're going to convince me this has nothing to do with OMGUS.
Cracking Idea Mafia
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:27 am

Post by ting =) »

I'm here, sorry for the inactivity. I've just gone on holiday and I've had to catch up to a couple of other games. Anyway, I don't think everyone should stop looking at rishi and ice. Why?

Okay, we know rishi's always been going after ice, but look what happens whenever ice starts getting flak.
rishi wrote:I don't like how SD and muffinhead swooped in for the kill after I noted some suspicions of icemanE.
rishi wrote:But my point is that no one was suspecting icemanE before I brought it up and it seemed awfully convenient that you started questioning him once I brought it up.
There are other posts, like when Ice started growing a bandwagon, that Rishi deflected attention away from Ice.

And now, we have both of them conveniently unvoting each other. I'm not saying that they should both keep going at each other's throats just because. My take on the whole thing, if they're both scum, is that rishi did the whole costumary distancing dance early on, but was keen enough to push the spotlight away from ice once he started getting pressure.

And then, when ice seemed like the likely candidate for lynch, rishi decides to vote him. If his partner's going down, might as well be on the wagon so he looks better day 2. When the attention switched to xdaamno though, they both conveniently unvote. Distancing.

------

I'm not saying I think they're both scum. I'm saying it's a possibility I'm currently considering. I haven't lost any of my suspicion at xdaamno, but I'm not sure where he'd fit into the whole rishi-ice thing. Maybe rishi's right and they're both just townies who were on the wrong track. I'm still thinking it over.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:03 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

I somewhat agree with ting. I think we should vote off ice day 1 and see where that gets us, if hes scum we can look at rishi, if not we can look for other such as x. Either way i hope we get a lynch in the next week or so.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:51 am

Post by icemanE »

Okay, we know rishi's always been going after ice, but look what happens whenever ice starts getting flak.
Ah, but you've sort of got things out of order. Rishi actually spent a lot of this game defending me, most of it in fact. He may have noted suspicions of me on page 7 (which is where your quote about Rishi not liking the fact that SD and muffin "swooped in" comes from) but by no means did he cultivate them.
I actually have a fairly positive feeling about IcemanE, but no solid reasoning for it.
I don't necessarily like the piling on IcemanE. Yeah, we should pressure him, but some skepticism isn't necessarily all bad. Plus, he's a newbie.
He was defending me most of the game, not against me. He wasn't actually really against me until he got mad at me in post 346 on page 14.
True, but here's a tip for you.

Be nice to the guy who has said, on several occasions, that he doesn't think you're scum.

Vote: icemanE
So that's that, but here's this quote from your post Ting:

There are other posts, like when Ice started growing a bandwagon, that Rishi deflected attention away from Ice.
I'd say I didn't really have a true bandwagon UNTIL Rishi voted for me. He put me at L-1 for God's sake. The argument he and I were having was pretty much all that was happening since then, and he didn't unvote until well after there was a good chance I was going to be lynched, with muffinhead saying he was willing to put the final vote on me, and Rishi not unvoting even AFTER SD says muffin should vote me in post 367, and in post 368 Rishi AGREES with SD that muffin should vote me!
I haven't lost any of my suspicion at xdaamno, but I'm not sure where he'd fit into the whole rishi-ice thing.
...If there was a Rishi-Ice thing, how COULD X fit into it? Wouldn't the Rishi-Ice thing be the ONLY thing? I think you should look over the past 4 pages or so Ting, get your facts straight.

Now, in looking back at the game, I came up with a pretty interesting idea. What do you think about a scum-team of Rishi and SD? It sounds ludicrous at first but look at this conversation, I don't know how I missed it before:

Rishi said:

Actually...

Vote: SD_Reaper

I especially don't like his post, which could be distancing where he's trying to set himself up as a confirmed townie if IcemanE is scum. Seems fishy even though I think IcemanE is town.

Plus there's this little gem from just a few minutes ago:

SD_Reaper wrote:
If im really number one on yours and another persons scum list then this gonna bad for town.

An appeal to emotion, rather than logic, is often a scumtell.
SD said:

Maybe Im just playing this game badly. But even if i get lynched or killed I want town to win. And lynching a townie and having anothe rkilled at night is gonna be detrimental to town. Therefore, as much as i hate to do it this early. I am town and claim a power role. I am the doctor, although this probably seals my fate, we have a better chance of lynching scum. So someone unvote before this valuable information goes to waste.
Rishi said:

Unvote

That was the right thing to do, SD, if you really are the doctor.

If SD is lying, and there is a real doctor in the house, then now is the time to counterclaim.

In any case, let's not lynch anyone until we can talk this out.
Tell me that doesn't sound like a conversation planned outside the board. Rishi is an IC - he knows how this game works very well. If he told SD to take a risk and claim as a doctor, and it worked, all the heat on SD would dissolve (which it did) AND!! it would look like Rishi was about to kill SD right beforehand. The link between them would be entirely severed, and they pulled it off, if thats the case. That whole conversation happened in less than an hour, but there was a "believable" amount of time that passed between their posts, believable enough that it would look as if they hadn't planned it out. Later, SD says this to seal the deal:
Rishi, the fact that you put icemanE at lynch one pretty much destroys my Spz (iceman) Rishi correlation. Besides that hunch i had, i have pretty much no other reason to suspect you. Therefore, you are no longer a suspect in my book. haha
So now that nobody thinks SD is scum, he might as well return the favor and take the heat off Rishi.

Now, as a theory, here's how this would benefit Rishi and SD. If SD claimed doctor and no one counter-claimed, he'd be invincible. HOWEVER - Rishi would have to sabotage his partner during the night phase to "prove" that SD was, in fact, the doctor. At that stage, none of the suspicion would be on Rishi, because he voted for SD just before he claimed. Therefore, as long as he didn't slip up, Rishi would be pretty much invincible. Think about it.

I say that if we lynch Rishi we'll learn a whole hell of a lot. If we kill Rishi and SD survives the night, we'll know he is scum and we can lynch him, resulting in a town win, since he obviously won't kill himself during the night phase. The obvious risk involved is that we are down a doctor if SD is killed during the night stage... BUT he will probably be killed tonight anyway, if he isn't scum, so I think it's worth the risk, for sure.

Think about it, let me know what you think.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote:I say that if we lynch Rishi we'll learn a whole hell of a lot. If we kill Rishi and SD survives the night, we'll know he is scum and we can lynch him, resulting in a town win, since he obviously won't kill himself during the night phase. The obvious risk involved is that we are down a doctor if SD is killed during the night stage... BUT he will probably be killed tonight anyway, if he isn't scum, so I think it's worth the risk, for sure.
Not necessarily. I think that the scum could target someone else in order to try and frame SD. Just because he's alive tomorrow doesn't mean he's scum.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:17 am

Post by icemanE »

Rishi wrote:
icemanE wrote:I say that if we lynch Rishi we'll learn a whole hell of a lot. If we kill Rishi and SD survives the night, we'll know he is scum and we can lynch him, resulting in a town win, since he obviously won't kill himself during the night phase. The obvious risk involved is that we are down a doctor if SD is killed during the night stage... BUT he will probably be killed tonight anyway, if he isn't scum, so I think it's worth the risk, for sure.
Not necessarily. I think that the scum could target someone else in order to try and frame SD. Just because he's alive tomorrow doesn't mean he's scum.
I suppose you're right. But SD would have an awfully hard time explaining himself if he DID survive. And he'd die in night 2 in night two anyways if he's the doctor, I think, I can't imagine scum taking the risk of keeping him alive into day 3, so it would be worth it to lynch him day 2.

If I'm WAY off base let me know, I am after all a newb still but I think i'm onto something.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”