dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:57 am

Post by dahen »

Spring wrote: Me (town) infect > scum, who infects > town, who infects> scum = everyone is Le Dead = tie
If what you are saying here is correct, then a one-man mafia could NEVER win the game, since he/she would always be infected in the end. Think about that.

Similarly, a two-man mafia might win if both players are the last to remain, and the first to be infected could somehow choose not to infect his scum mate. Do you seriously think that's a balanced game? Scum needs to have some power to balance things up and I think DGB has exactly that. DoS being a scum mason could of course be seen as a power as well, since I would defend him, but I am more worried that the day vig is scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

dahen and DoS are like twins, they acted the same and they sounded the same.

SL, infect any of these two. I think they faked mason.

We're 4 left, and we have not infected scum once. We're pathetic. However, pathetic as we are, we can still get a tie.

SL, if you know that you're town, you also know that if there were 3 scum left, you'd have lost. Therefore you know that there is another townie out there.

That townie is me, the day-vig.

The two scum are the two fake masons. Just look at how they're both trying to say the other might be a scum mason but they have no indication about this.

I think they're probably both scum. Infecting either of them is fine. Whoever you infect will infect me, and I'll infect the last player. We'll get a tie.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:03 am

dahen wrote:DoS being a scum mason could of course be seen as a power as well, since I would defend him, but I am more worried that the day vig is scum.
I'm sure you are, scumbaggo.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by dahen »

There is something very wrong with the reasoning here.
Are you both seriously believing that DoS and I are scum together and that our only chance to win this game is by both staying alive to be the last two players in the game? If anyone of us would die earlier (if BM hadn't sacrificed himself for us for instance), the best we could do is to tie the game? I know someones don't like setup speculation, but hey, this game is different from others and deserves some thought.

I think the key is the vaccine and that the scum would win as soon as me and DoS are dead. Since our janitor had the third part and was neutral, it makes sense for him to hand over the vaccine at that point.

Our mod has already clarified Spring giving us masons the vaccine part as flavor, but I don't think the entire vaccine stuff is just fluff.

This would also make a more balanced game since they don't have to hope that everyone would be killed off first. That's also why I think DGB wants me to think that DoS is scum, so that if I get infected, I will choose DoS and DGB will win the game.
I don't think DoS will be able to infect DGB and tie in that case, since DGB will already have the vaccine together.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:53 am

Post by springlullaby »

DoS what do you think of what dahen just said?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:48 am

dahen wrote:Are you both seriously believing that DoS and I are scum together and that our only chance to win this game is by both staying alive to be the last two players in the game?
There's always the "Oops! Shock! A scum mason! I had no idea!!!" defense.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:53 am

We're 4 players. If SL is town, and he believes the two of you fake masons are also town, then you might as well call him an idiot for also believing that there is only one scum in this game, me.

Now, if SL is town, and I know I'm town, there is only one possibility, which is that the two of two are a pair of fake scum masons.

So either I'm the only scum in the game, or we have two scum and they decided to fake masons. Or one of the masons is a scum mason with me, but then your whole vaccine story collapses.

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:24 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I think what dahen just said is a logical argument for why both of us can't be scum. It also gives more of a fair chance with one scum in the game.

If you look back through the game I have been working on trying to get the vaccine together and working the entire time. If I was scum don't you think I would have been more quiet about what I was doing about the vaccine? The only thing I can't figure out is why dahen and I aren't able to interact with the piece of the vaccine instructions of the table.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by dahen »

Why are you all so quiet?
If you think about the setup, it's pretty clear who's the last scum.
Two scum where it's enough that one survives until the end would have won by now (or will win guaranteed, so nothing we can do anyway).

Two scum where both must survive until the bitter end would be heavily unbalanced, since it's difficult in normal games, so I can only imagine the trouble in a nightless game.

One scum who must never be infected can't win the game at all.

One scum who must survive until the end is actually easier than two scums needing to survive. Hand in an daykill or so to be able to handle situation where there are one infected, one scum and one uninfected town left. Hand in a vaccine to get to make it even easier (unless you already start by having the vaccine).

And as you so neatly put it, DGB, the vaccine story would collapse if either of us is a scum mason. I think everything points pretty clearly at you.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:39 am

Post by springlullaby »

So, dahen, why are you pushing so hard for a one scum theory?

DGB, in case there is only one scum like dahen said, who should I infect?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:00 am

Post by dahen »

Spring: Don't you read my posts? Please try for yourself to construct a somewhat balanced setup with two scums that wouldn't be over at this very point.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:28 am

Post by springlullaby »

Be nice with me or I'll infect you out of spite, there was a 'you idiot' somewhere lurking behind the words in that last post.

To answer your question, 1) I can think about a hundred theory with two scums that would make sense now and still make for a balanced game, the only limit is my imagination, or rather the mod's 2) I think it's weird of you to press for a one scum theory and point so insistently at DGB now because if you really thought your theory is the best one, then you wouldn't mind so much me potentially infecting one of you masons, because you could then infect her after I pass anyway. What do you think.

DoS, you've been in wishy-washy land all day, plus some 'don't infect me please', I'd like to get something more out of you.

DGB, help please.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:51 am

Post by dahen »

Sorry for not being nice, it's just that it seemed that you were just lazy and not reading my posts, and by that I felt I had wasted my time trying to explain. I was frustraded and I apologize for letting it shine through in my post.

If you want me to comment more on the setup possibility, you could post the one of your hundred theories that makes the most sense and we could talk about that. But it seems that you are not very interested in taking the setup speculation approach.

You are right that I would infect DGB if I get infected by you, and I believe we'd win by then. But it's only the second best solution from my point of view, since I know I am protown and there still is the small chance that DoS is the only scum (even if I don't understand what the vaccine is all about then), which means we'll lose if DGB is town and I infect her. (And I don't believe it will be a tie by then.)

I'm not sure I'll be able to post during the week-end, but if you have any more questions I'll try to answer them by Monday.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:20 am

Anything specific you want me to address?
-Tyler Durden
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:13 am

springlullaby wrote:DGB, help please.
I would go for dahen. He's trying hardest to play with your mind.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:14 am

DragonsofSummer wrote:Anything specific you want me to address?
Tell us more about the vaccine tale.

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:14 am

What more is there to tell? I was told by the mod that I had one part of a vaccine, and dahen had one part, but the third part was stolen from us. It turned up with the Janitor and when he died Spring got it and put it on a table. I am unable to interact with it right now (as was shown when skitzer answered my question about putting my part with the part on the table) and now here we are.
-Tyler Durden
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:35 pm

DragonsofSummer wrote:What more is there to tell? I was told by the mod that I had one part of a vaccine, and dahen had one part, but the third part was stolen from us. It turned up with the Janitor and when he died Spring got it and put it on a table. I am unable to interact with it right now (as was shown when skitzer answered my question about putting my part with the part on the table) and now here we are.
Who could be stopping you? Dahen? Unless you're lying.

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:24 pm

I don't know... I asked skitzer if I could put my piece on the table. He answered my question on the top of page 19. This doesn't shed any more light on the situation than was already on it. In short I don't know whats stopping me/us if I did then we could probably have fixed it already.
-Tyler Durden
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:21 am

Post by springlullaby »

dahen wrote:Sorry for not being nice, it's just that it seemed that you were just lazy and not reading my posts, and by that I felt I had wasted my time trying to explain. I was frustraded and I apologize for letting it shine through in my post.
Lol, nice to see you aim to please. Right, I'll be infecting dahen in 48hours, if you have anything to say against that idea, last chance is now.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

Springlullaby is not looking so well! Her thyroids have swollen to the sizes of pumpkins, all of her teeth and hair is falling out, and her fingernails have turned a discomoforting black color! (Two weak deadline until springlullaby expires, as of Sunday)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2008 1:14 am

springlullaby wrote:
dahen wrote:Sorry for not being nice, it's just that it seemed that you were just lazy and not reading my posts, and by that I felt I had wasted my time trying to explain. I was frustraded and I apologize for letting it shine through in my post.
Lol, nice to see you aim to please. Right, I'll be infecting dahen in 48hours, if you have anything to say against that idea, last chance is now.
No objection here. I think it's the best bet.

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2008 10:06 pm

*Cough* Spring where are you? *Cough*
-Tyler Durden
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by Skruffs »

This is a one week deadline alert! Springlullaby must choose before next sunday who she will infect or the choice will be made for her!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:43 am

I hope springlullaby has been prodded.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”