Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Metalic
Metalic
Townie
Metalic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Metalic »

I agree you guys have been playing for a while but even if so Fast lynching ain't the best thing too do bcz with fast lynching you have more chances of killing of a Twonie rather then when you take your time view the other players posts and determine is there acting scummy or not.

So basically fast lynching is never a good thing too do and can cause the Mafia too win.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Rishi »

SD_Reaper wrote: Secondly, you are getting more suspicious that you would forget that i am doctor, it was not some small post, we had like a whole page. So your unvote and vote swap is just as suspicious as when iceman mistaked your name for i think muffinhead.
Yeah, I agree. How do you miss the claim? I'd like to hear answers from both Xdaamno and Metalic on this.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

Once again metalic, if we lynch now it wont be a "fast lynch".... read my last comment more thoroughly.
Metalic
Metalic
Townie
Metalic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Post by Metalic »

Rishi might me because I just skimmed trough the posts....

I'll go look back and try too find it.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:47 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Rishi wrote:
SD_Reaper wrote: Secondly, you are getting more suspicious that you would forget that i am doctor, it was not some small post, we had like a whole page. So your unvote and vote swap is just as suspicious as when iceman mistaked your name for i think muffinhead.
Yeah, I agree. How do you miss the claim? I'd like to hear answers from both Xdaamno and Metalic on this.
I had a fuzzy memory. I remembered the doc claim talk, just forgot SD was the one it claimed. Anyway, what are you suggesting? I'm trying to pretend there was no claim, therefore confuzzling the town and winning the game as scum?
farside22 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Farside and SD_Reaper are on my scumdar for the same reason; a main subconscious or conscious tactic of scum is to skim around arguments, try not to offend people and avoid the limelight, of course.

I'm looking at:
SD_Reaper, 351 wrote: Therefore, you are no longer a suspect in my book. haha
farside, 355 wrote: Does no one have any other suspicions? I'm just surprised the votes are one sided.
farside, 366 wrote: I'm iffy on everyone else at this point.
SD_Reaper, 367, talking as if it is assumed he will be lynched (Pyschological Tell) wrote: If its not him and we let him live we wont really have gotten anywhere (as he is still top of suspect list), and we will have just wasted a day.
SD_Reaper, 383, trying to hurry lynch, also psychological wrote: This first day will never end....
Vote: SD_Reaper
Can you explain why this is bad. I'm sorry the way I see this is scum may be pushing this wagon there are a few people who haven't voted or said much of anything. You vote makes no sense in regards to what you found and is based on more from my end concern about the vote then anything else. I think i was right to me looking at you. Mine was based on a hunch but this is BS if this is your reason for voting.
Vote: Xdaamno
Firstly, the quotes that are not individually explained are attributed to what I said in the top paragraph.

Secondly, your immediate vote without hearing if I had any good explanation that I didn't post at the time might suggest to me you're trying to distance yourself from the very reasons I gave.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Rishi »

Xdaamno wrote:
Rishi wrote:
I had a fuzzy memory. I remembered the doc claim talk, just forgot SD was the one it claimed. Anyway, what are you suggesting? I'm trying to pretend there was no claim, therefore confuzzling the town and winning the game as scum?
Good point. I don't know how many games you're in, but I've done this before too. But my point is that, if you are forgetting about the claim and have a "fuzzy memory" with respect to this game, then why should we put any faith in your scumdar?
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:47 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

No, i am saying that it does not sound like someone who is pro town to remember important and crucial information. Or you could be scum and just knew i was doc all along and came up with some lame excuse to vote for me. Im not sure... just respond to this post so i can get more reads from you plz
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:18 am

Post by muffinhead »

Rishi wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Rishi wrote:
Good point. I don't know how many games you're in, but I've done this before too. But my point is that, if you are forgetting about the claim and have a "fuzzy memory" with respect to this game, then why should we put any faith in your scumdar?
Well considering sd was on L-1 i would imagine it to be difficult to forget, however i cant imagine rishi saying such a thing if it hadnt happened to her so i would have to go with x here.
Or you could be scum and just knew i was doc all along and came up with some lame excuse to vote for me.
Even if x was scum i couldnt imagine him doing such a thing so i highly doubt it.

i must say this quote below is a good point
you are getting more suspicious that you would forget that i am doctor, it was not some small post, we had like a whole page. So your unvote and vote swap is just as suspicious as when iceman mistaked your name for i think muffinhead.
Finally i cannot believe that ice has gone 24 hours without a post lol its time for celebration.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:33 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

icemanE
(2):
SD_Reaper, Rishi

Rishi
(1):
icemanE

farside22
(1):
Xdaamno

Xdaamno
(1):
farside22

not voting
(4):
Metalic, muffinhead, ting =), Twiglees

Still five to lynch.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Rishi wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Rishi wrote:
My scumdar is 'real-time', if you like. I write things when they become apparant to me, usually; your point would only be valid if I voted people based on what I remember, rather than what I'm quoting. And, if you say you've done that too, it could apply to you also.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Xdaamno »

SD_Reaper wrote:
No, i am saying that it does not sound like someone who is pro town to remember important and crucial information. Or you could be scum and just knew i was doc all along and came up with some lame excuse to vote for me. Im not sure... just respond to this post so i can get more reads from you plz
That really is craplogic. First off, how does human nature 'not sound pro-town'? And secondly, do you really think I'm dumb enough to try and get someone lynched, as scum, not only picking the target who is most confirmed but expecting the other players including the claimed player himself to not remember anything about the claim?
Cracking Idea Mafia
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Xdaamno wrote: Firstly, the quotes that are not individually explained are attributed to what I said in the top paragraph.

Secondly, your immediate vote without hearing if I had any good explanation that I didn't post at the time might suggest to me you're trying to distance yourself from the very reasons I gave.
This is the second time you bring my name up with crap reasoning. The first time I asked you you said nothing in response to my question. Now you have these quotes and then vote and you want me to ask a second time for a reason? I thought your quotes were your reason. Still liking my vote where it stands.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by icemanE »

Metalic wrote:I agree you guys have been playing for a while but even if so Fast lynching ain't the best thing too do bcz with fast lynching you have more chances of killing of a Twonie rather then when you take your time view the other players posts and determine is there acting scummy or not.

So basically fast lynching is never a good thing too do and can cause the Mafia too win.
Haha, if anything I'd think this was a slow lynch, I've only been here for 3/4 of the game and it's been a damn long time. Do you have any suspicions?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

farside22 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote: Firstly, the quotes that are not individually explained are attributed to what I said in the top paragraph.

This is the second time you bring my name up with crap reasoning. The first time I asked you you said nothing in response to my question. Now you have these quotes and then vote and you want me to ask a second time for a reason? I thought your quotes were your reason. Still liking my vote where it stands.
No; I thought it was fairly obvious from your post that you didn't think the quotes were good reasoning; now you are think are satisfactory?
Cracking Idea Mafia
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:21 am

Post by muffinhead »

ok i have just reviewed this argument
Farside and SD_Reaper are on my scumdar for the same reason; a main subconscious or conscious tactic of scum is to skim around arguments, try not to offend people and avoid the limelight, of course.
X that is a really poor argument consdering that there r others here that have skimmed around and avoided trouble just as much if not more then farside and sd.
eg twiggles,ting,metalic and even me.
ting =) wrote:
I'm saying that you should try and keep your eyes open to all possibilities. If iceman is lynched and is mafia, anyone could be his partner
I must have missed it when I skimmed earlier
The way i see it u are just desperate to find a reason to get rid of sd and now farside because u just remebered sd was doc. This seems to be ur only contribution recently which is totally useless anyways. U have continually voted as if u were hoping for a bandonwagon then unvoted only when people have asked u to. For this reason u seem the most desperate to lynch someone and u dont seem to care who.

U said urself u usually have found scum by now but just cant for some reason. Well i think its clear that its because u r scum.

vote xdaamno
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Xdaamno wrote:
farside22 wrote:

No; I thought it was fairly obvious from your post that you didn't think the quotes were good reasoning; now you are think are satisfactory?
Where did I say your quotes were good reason? I say they are crap reasoning and find you trying to strength a reason to vote anyone at this point.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by icemanE »

@ Rishi

Do you have anything to say about my post 394? You didn't acknowledge it, and it seems like something you might want to do.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote:@ Rishi

Do you have anything to say about my post 394? You didn't acknowledge it, and it seems like something you might want to do.
Nah. I'm good.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by icemanE »

Rishi wrote:
icemanE wrote:@ Rishi

Nah. I'm good.
OH SNAP!!! Too cool, man. 8-)
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by icemanE »

That was so cool I decided to make it my signature! Does that mean you agree with what I'm saying, or are you hoping everybody will just forget about it? That seems to be what's happened so far, with X as the new whipping boy, a cause you were more than willing to further while simultaneously staying on X's good side. You're scum! I know it!
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by icemanE »

I apologize for having three separate posts, but I have to say, I think this X wagon is BS. Having made a mistake earlier in the game that is very similar to the one he made in accidentally voting for SD, I can say that it has been blown way out of proportion. What could he possibly hope to gain? The same thing I could have gained by accidentally typing the wrong person's name, which is to say, nothing. Whether or not his reasoning was poor (which it was), I don't think there's much suspicious about his slip-up.

SD said:
Secondly, you are getting more suspicious that you would forget that i am doctor, it was not some small post, we had like a whole page. So your unvote and vote swap is just as suspicious as when iceman mistaked your name for i think muffinhead.
Why is it suspicious? It just doesn't click for me.

QFMFT:

X said:
That really is craplogic. First off, how does human nature 'not sound pro-town'? And secondly, do you really think I'm dumb enough to try and get someone lynched, as scum, not only picking the target who is most confirmed but expecting the other players including the claimed player himself to not remember anything about the claim?
That said, I don't agree with X's logic or reasons for his vote, its an overdrawn conclusion considering the evidence. For me, even suspecting SD at this point in the game is a little off-kilter.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote:That was so cool I decided to make it my signature!
It would make a better signature if you also had your question quoted right above it. Give it some context.

In any case, I'm just trying to get away from the argument we've been having. I think we've terribly misunderstood each other and I think both of us are pointing fingers at the other not based on any rational explanation, but simply on emotion. If we continue down this path, there's a good chance that you would get lynched today and I would get lynched tomorrow if you turned up town. Then, it'd be two townies down and little information since we've dominated the thread a little.

Unvote
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:46 am

Post by icemanE »

Rishi wrote:
It would make a better signature if you also had your question quoted right above it. Give it some context.

In any case, I'm just trying to get away from the argument we've been having. I think we've terribly misunderstood each other and I think both of us are pointing fingers at the other not based on any rational explanation, but simply on emotion. If we continue down this path, there's a good chance that you would get lynched today and I would get lynched tomorrow if you turned up town. Then, it'd be two townies down and little information since we've dominated the thread a little.

Unvote
Fair enough, truce.

unvote
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Rishi wrote:

Unvote
What do you think about X at this point Rishi. I haven't seen anything that made sense in regards to scum hunting. His vote and comments are blah. I would suggest a read on him.
Metalic
Metalic
Townie
Metalic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Metalic »

icemanE wrote:
Metalic wrote:I agree you guys have been playing for a while but even if so Fast lynching ain't the best thing too do bcz with fast lynching you have more chances of killing of a Twonie rather then when you take your time view the other players posts and determine is there acting scummy or not.

Haha, if anything I'd think this was a slow lynch, I've only been here for 3/4 of the game and it's been a damn long time. Do you have any suspicions?
I'm not too sure rit now tbh.

Possibly X for his crap reasonings?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”