teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:01 am

Post by teacher »

Good luck tomorroe Chickadee. Im a former lawyer who is following his dream of becoming a highschool history teacher and the jobhunt has been miserable, though it has left me time for this. As a total out of game aside, what forum does the GTKAS in your sig lead to? I cant follow it, or several other sig links.

PEDIT: how nice to see you why mafia! :eek: Count when counted upon.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:02 am

Post by teacher »

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:02 am

Post by teacher »

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:02 am

Post by teacher »

handing off to Why Mafia to count through 55. Feel free to comment on anything you want in the process.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:03 am

Post by WhyMafia »

Will give reads when I'm done catching up, so probably around 10 min
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 527, teacher wrote:67

my goodness if KO didnt feel like scum who had been told PEdit wont come up if they are submitted at the same time. :Eek:
Or I was reading what I missed and responded to the first post with the quote post. So read nothing but that post and the previous for the number
At a stop light.
In post 560, Irrelephant11 wrote:32

kokichi jumped in, dropped some numbers with minimal content, and didn't even post a normal number of posts before "needing to go"
OR I just got on my fucking lunch break and wanted to post before getting in the car. You guys are being ridiculous and making the game unfun. I want to contribute but every time I try you guys say some bullshit that is over analyzing. Please realize that people have lives and sometimes can't post 6 times in a row or whatever you're doing because they need to go and just want to post something then go. I think we still have at least 3 days? I dont get the panic. Like I'm legit waiting 20 minutes to post this post. The one quote above was 15 mins ago but I'm waiting for this spamming bullshit.

And I'm honestly not waiting anymore I dont care if you lynch me for it. I have to go and want to post this before I eat.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:08 am

Post by teacher »

In post 580, Kokichi Oma wrote:I think we still have at least 3 days? I dont get the panic.
Two days. And we have never gotten more than 75% of the way there in 5 days. So I do think wanting to spam to 250 is at least justified. Are any of your posts so important that you cant wait the ten minutes it takes to get called on in this process? Or the five hours it would take until we are at 250 and can stop spamming?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:09 am

Post by WhyMafia »

Just read the GL/Not Unknown thing
I think it's quite the stretch and that it isn't really much of a scum post. I can see NK15's thinking - he made an observation and thought it was scummy. I don't think there'd be a hard committed read at that point? GL to me seems like he's trying way to hard to look town. Looks iffy to me

I'm sorry you feel that way Kokichi. There shouldn't be anything wrong with posting a reply during a sequence. If people were to Lynch you for that then I'd be concerned.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:10 am

Post by WhyMafia »

To be fair if someone has to leave during a sequence, we have no way of knowing. I can understand why he'd post that. But at the same time, it's important we not get complacent. We should grind out to 250 by the end of today
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:11 am

Post by WhyMafia »

I think that was an accident from Pine (in regards to his mistake after calling people who mess up a burden to town - the irony tho haha)
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I mean we can stop the spamming for a while, but at some point we are going to have to spam. @both kokichi and chickadee, you seem upset that I'm scumreading you for behavior I don't have a towny way to explain. It can be true that you are busy and also doing things that are anti-town. Regardless, I'm not the one who designed this challenge, I'm just someone who's invested in completing it.

I guess people want to get some content out there, so I suggest we take a break for a bit from the spamming.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Meanwhile, @kokichi I read three random games of yours (one of which was scum) and don't see any WIFOMiness like I see here
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:16 am

Post by WhyMafia »

meh, I don't see why we can't produce content and spam at the same time. Waiting too long is risky, but at the same time, it's important to have content
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:17 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 387, GuiltyLion wrote:218

I don't like the amount of coasting currently going on in this game, especially as we get halfway through the day and continue to spam count. Very few people are actually trying to pressure anyone or express reads, and I feel we are speeding towards 325 and thread-lock, and then what will essentially be a random collection of votes tonight. randommidget hasn't even posted in thread yet.

I'd like everyone to say who they currently want to vote tonight and why
Only post I like of GL's in that whole sequence. I get where he's coming from in this post, but idk everything else just seems so fake to me. It just seems so LAMIST and unnecessary
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:19 am

Post by Chickadee »

Well yea, I'm a bit peeved. If this were a different game without the challenge, you wouldn't have questioned me being gone for 10 or so minutes at a time. I finished my spare cycle at the moment, and came back to refresh figuring it would be my turn again soon. It's not reasonable to expect people to sit and watch this like a hawk, even if they're idly around.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:21 am

Post by teacher »

RN Im VOTE: KO unless he can come up with something other than "Im always this scummy".
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:24 am

Post by teacher »

Also, I flytested my "back" means no preview edit theory. IT failed, I got a preview edit. no idea why I didnt here, but any tech intelligent thoughts are welcome.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:26 am

Post by teacher »

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:27 am

Post by teacher »

Also, as the last couple posts show, Im inclined to go back to spamming, calling on the followers, and using gaps at the handoff and preview edit to involve new people. Anybody disagree?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

teacher I don't think we should spam again yet, if people want to produce content still they will, and if it upsets the count when that happens then spamming isn't worth it. Soon though

@chickadee I get that, but at the same time I already have a scumread on you for being the reason we lost our ~250, so don't take it personally when it's easy to see scum motivation in your actions so far. I won't be AtE'd into townreading players acting contrarian without offering alternatives (kokichi) or who move us further from our goal (you).
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

teacher what do you think of whymafia
whymafia what do you think of teacher
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 590, teacher wrote:62

RN Im VOTE: KO unless he can come up with something other than "Im always this scummy".
Nice misrep. I never said I'm always scummy. Just wifom/controversial. I've outed my reads both scum and town. Gotta go back to work but I'm sure you'll say I'm scum for leaving. Lol.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 am

Post by teacher »

Agreed with your spectator comment. Am wondering why they havent reraised their . The concern that 325 is not our actual target is what is motivating my desire to spamcount.

seemed to credulous, but not particularly NAI. I liked the proactive, though seemingly obvious, TR of Feysal and even more the backup of it in . The pagetop comment in is probably NAI, though I question why you would promise that kind of activity and then just spectate. I liked the push on Guilty in 141, because i didnt understand it either.

Meh, null-town and not interested in lynching today.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Pine »

In post 443, Chickadee wrote:
In post 442, Irrelephant11 wrote:273

@ KO That's true, I can try to cold meta you later, see if that affects my read

@teacher randomidget is on VLA I think?

pedit: @chick, I'd say false. Saying I'm very careful about posts/page when I'm the only one to make a posts/page mistake is not a "weak" reason, it's false. The only way to townread me off something that isn't true is to know I'm town in the first place. I haven't really been pushing for your lynch, either, I'm just noting alignment-indicative things as I go.
I actually did not catch your mistake when I posted a slight town read on you. What I observed at the time was you watching your counting. Probably because of the mistake you made? I'm gonna go back and look for it.
In post 444, Chickadee wrote:1

FUCK genuine mistake, I was more concerned with responding
This is part of why I've been light on content. After early errors, I'm focused on not screwing up. Given how distracted I *already* am while managing 200 kids and 60 staff on any given day, plus running down kids for medicine and diabetes checks, I'm worried that getting too involved in the social game will screw ME specifically up. Complete the task, and then I'll be far less paranoid and more capable of looking at who was concentrating on petty nonsense instead of getting the job done. My read of the ruleset is that if we complete all the tasks, we win regardless of scum:town ratio. Finish the task.

*twitch* I double-checked this post like three times.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Pine »

In post 593, teacher wrote:65

Also, as the last couple posts show, Im inclined to go back to spamming, calling on the followers, and using gaps at the handoff and preview edit to involve new people. Anybody disagree?
WRT teacher, this kind of insistence on multitasking is what's going to screw us up. It looks like it's what screwed Chickadee up (who I am otherwise TRing). Finish the task first.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”