California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:30 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

SensFan has failed the posting requirements, and will be replaced as soon as a replacement is found.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

BBMars: 3 (MichelSableheart, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben)
Thesp: 3 (Gaspar, PookyTheMagicalBear, Xtoxm)
MichelSableheart: 1 (Thesp)
OhGodMyLife: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Gaspar »

I find it interesting that Thesp drops me to the bottom of his list today. Did nabbing Fae convince you that I'm probably protown?

Nabakov's vote annoys me. I hate when people say "I am going to bandwagon you to get reactions" because
it warns people - especially the wagonee - that their response will be scrutinized
, thus making it less likely that they'll react in a blatantly scummy manner (unless "blatant scumminess" is a part of their identity).

I could totally go for a BBMars lynch right now. Flameaxe has an opinion, but he is refraining from sharing it under the "I want to check with my partner, who is AWOL" guise. Tell us who you suspect, and why, Flameaxe.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Thesp »

Gaspar wrote:I find it interesting that Thesp drops me to the bottom of his list today. Did nabbing Fae convince you that I'm probably protown?
Yes. On the high likelihood that SCAPE is some form of scum, it's ridiculously unlikely you'd be scum with FaerieLord. While the possibilities exist that SCAPE is a one-man thing or is something else entirely, or that you're some other scum, it's more than enough to look elsewhere at this point.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Niv »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I have contributed my thoughts.

I've done so because I want to kill scum.
Really pooky, All I've seen you do is ask questions and post lists of players with none of your own logic what so ever. I would like to know how you believe you have contributed your thoughts and how you have contributed to the town.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Perhaps Gaspar is scum and his "good reason" is I'm town?
I think he's town, so i'm happy to go with it. If I thought he was scum, then I wouldn't be.

BBMars would also I be happy to lynch.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

LoudmouthLee replaces SensFan.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:36 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Thesp wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:Actually playing the game, I see no particular reason to disbelieve the account of what happened in the basement. If one was scum lying, the other townie would have exposed them, and them both being scum seems very unlikely just from the perspective that it would mean Gorrad got completely and unescapably screwed by the setup.
Agreed (unless there's the highly unlikely scenario that they're both scum, but for different factions/for themselves, but I find this to be dubious at best). I'm struggling to avoid potentially harmful speculation here.
Unallied scum/anti-towns would still have no reason to corroborate each other's story.
Gaspar wrote: Nabakov's vote annoys me. I hate when people say "I am going to bandwagon you to get reactions" because it warns people - especially the wagonee - that their response will be scrutinized, thus making it less likely that they'll react in a blatantly scummy manner (unless "blatant scumminess" is a part of their identity).
Do you honestly think BBMars would not think he+she was under scrutiny if I hadn't said that? It's pretty hard to miss what with half the town expressing an interest in his+her bandwagon. At least what I did served to get a reaction rather than
just
as a tip-off.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Thesp »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Thesp wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:Actually playing the game, I see no particular reason to disbelieve the account of what happened in the basement. If one was scum lying, the other townie would have exposed them, and them both being scum seems very unlikely just from the perspective that it would mean Gorrad got completely and unescapably screwed by the setup.
Agreed (unless there's the highly unlikely scenario that they're both scum, but for different factions/for themselves, but I find this to be dubious at best). I'm struggling to avoid potentially harmful speculation here.
Unallied scum/anti-towns would still have no reason to corroborate each other's story.
I think I was unclear here - I can't imagine any way they'd lie about what went down in the basement, but I think it unlikely that both
are scum
regardless (unless that unlikely hypothetical actually obtains).
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Thesp »

Also, no love for a MichelSablehart lynch?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:12 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Please read OGML's contribution to the game before thinking about lynching anyone else. He was in a basement of three people that voted out a townie. I find it highly unlikely that the mod would put three townies in such a situation. That, combined with his play today, makes him significantly scrutable.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Gaspar »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Gaspar wrote: Nabakov's vote annoys me. I hate when people say "I am going to bandwagon you to get reactions" because it warns people - especially the wagonee - that their response will be scrutinized, thus making it less likely that they'll react in a blatantly scummy manner (unless "blatant scumminess" is a part of their identity).
Do you honestly think BBMars would not think he+she was under scrutiny if I hadn't said that? It's pretty hard to miss what with half the town expressing an interest in his+her bandwagon. At least what I did served to get a reaction rather than
just
as a tip-off.
Weak to moderate scums flail more often than not when being wagoned without reasonable explanation. Telling someone you want to scrutinize a reaction lets them know exactly why they're being wagoned, and it mitigates any possible reaction that could have been obtained.

So yes, I do honestly think that your statement made a difference. And I do honestly think that the difference is probably not insignificant. (A double negative!)

MrBuddyLee wrote:Please read OGML's contribution to the game before thinking about lynching anyone else. He was in a basement of three people that voted out a townie. I find it highly unlikely that the mod would put three townies in such a situation. That, combined with his play today, makes him significantly scrutable.
BZZT!

I find it entirely reasonable for one (if not both) of the three-person "mini-towns" to have zero scum. "The town automatically loses two roles" is very easily balanced by making the non-Attic, non-Basement townies more powerful as part of the setup.

I would expect someone playing Outguess the Mod in this game to be punished. -150 points for this kind of misleading speculation/assumption.

I'll flesh out a full list sometime Thursday for Friday, but for now....
Unvote
Vote:
BBMars,
Thesp
, MBL
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Gaspar »

EBWOP: I almost said "the difference is unlikely to be not insignficant," which states the same thing, but uses a triple-negative. Would that have been too confusing for you folks? ":P
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

MBL, why is it so unlikely that three townies would be put in such a situation? Do you think it necessary that one of the other missing three be scum as well? I personally find it more unlikely that more than one scum would be among all six people who were originally missing, as two/??? however many scum there are is bound to be a high proportion of the bad guys.

I don't think trying to outguess the mod on this is the wisest course of action. Its exactly that kind of thinking that got gorrad lynched.

And what exactly about my play is raising red flags with you?
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Gaspar »

Virtual simulpost. Assuming OGML didn't ninja-pirate my post, that was awesome.

And if he
did
ninja-pirate my post, well... that is awesome.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

here. Will read and post tomorrow. :)
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:34 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Woah, hi Gaspar, thanks for agreeing with me as I wrote my post.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Thesp »

Gaspar wrote:I find it entirely reasonable for one (if not both) of the three-person "mini-towns" to have zero scum. "The town automatically loses two roles" is very easily balanced by making the non-Attic, non-Basement townies more powerful as part of the setup.
I was trying to avoid stating this outright. :(
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:40 am

Post by vollkan »

NN wrote: For the record, my only intention in reposting the PM was to make sure everybody was on the same page regarding reveals. I consider the whole "well, you wouldn't know because your PM has a different allignment" idea to be underhanded and superficial, and if Vollkan placed just as little worth on it, I think a "reasonable question" is raised in: "Then why did he post it in the first place?"
I questioned CKD over the issue simply to see how he responded to being questioned over it, and how he rationalised it. Am I only meant to follow up very likely leads? I don't think so.
MBL wrote: Please read OGML's contribution to the game before thinking about lynching anyone else. He was in a basement of three people that voted out a townie. I find it highly unlikely that the mod would put three townies in such a situation. That, combined with his play today, makes him significantly scrutable.
Unless it was all chosen randomly.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Glork »

Thesp wrote:
Gaspar wrote:I find it entirely reasonable for one (if not both) of the three-person "mini-towns" to have zero scum. "The town automatically loses two roles" is very easily balanced by making the non-Attic, non-Basement townies more powerful as part of the setup.
Why?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Thesp wrote:Vote: MichelSableheart
Reasoning? Your only comments on me are made in post #296, and you have completely ignored my response to that.
Also, please take into account that we still aren't sure what made CKD and OGML return. Sure, it could be that they lynched Gorrad, but other explanations are also possible. If they returned for other reasons, the statement that the town automatically loses two roles wouldn't be true even if all missing players were town.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:19 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

My lists are how I rank people who I believe I have a feel for in this game.

It puts them in the group I believe them likely to be in.

Those are my thoughts on who is scum in this game, who is town in this game, and who I am unsure on.

The list is created from player actions, player interactions, my own gut feelings, and divine inspiration.

I'm not quite sure why you believe thought needs logic to be considered "thought".

I believe my thoughts certainly have been of a contributive nature to this town.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:24 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

BBMars: 3 (MichelSableheart, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben)
Thesp: 3 (Gaspar, PookyTheMagicalBear, Xtoxm)
MichelSableheart: 1 (Thesp)
OhGodMyLife: 1 (MrBuddyLee)

Current Condorcet Winner:
BBMars

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.

Rogueben has not posted in 72 hours and has received his first strike.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:41 am

Post by Rogueben »

@Pooky. Is there any reason why you have decided to take such a questioning approach in this game?

I'm getting good vibes from Gaspar still. Bad vibes from niv, especially in his sustained attacks against Pooky.

Just to clarify. The basement people are not sure whether or not they HAD to lynch to get out of there so setup speculation based on that is BAD.

Unvote, Vote: BBMars
, Niv
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Thesp »

Glork wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Why?
Because the implication is that if town, then basement-leavers are more likely to be power roles, as you've nearly directly stated. I'm not sure how beneficial it was to
tell everyone
that.
MichelSableheart wrote:Reasoning? Your only comments on me are made in post #296, and you have completely ignored my response to that.
Your response was crap. Your attack on SensFan is still flabbergasting and unintelligible by any stretch of reasonable, and you continued to disavow the usefulness of your vote. I'm not sure why it was deserving of response. Looking back, I'm also noting that you'd swapped Machiavellian-Mafia over FaerieLord 36 hours before the deadline (you'd had FL above him prior to that). Convenient.

So who are your partners?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”