Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

icemanE
(4):
SD_Reaper, mrzero, Xdaamno, Rishi

not voting
(5):
farside22, icemanE, muffinhead, ting =), Twiglees

Five = lynch
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

Rishi, the fact that you put icemanE at lynch one pretty much destroys my Spz (iceman) Rishi correlation. Besides that hunch i had, i have pretty much no other reason to suspect you. Therefore, you are no longer a suspect in my book. haha
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by icemanE »

Rishi, the fact that you put icemanE at lynch one pretty much destroys my Spz (iceman) Rishi correlation. Besides that hunch i had, i have pretty much no other reason to suspect you. Therefore, you are no longer a suspect in my book. haha
It's either that, or he's played an incredibly good game so far, hiding behind the fact that he's an IC, and has actually been waiting this whole time for the perfect moment to put me at L-1 and rid himself of any suspicion. Just something to keep in mind.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote:
It's either that, or he's played an incredibly good game so far, hiding behind the fact that he's an IC, and has actually been waiting this whole time for the perfect moment to put me at L-1 and rid himself of any suspicion. Just something to keep in mind.
Even if I were scum (which I'm not), I wouldn't make myself so obvious on Day 1. Your lynch if you're town (which is questionable) does not win the game for the scum. This is only Day 1. The earliest the town can lose Day 3.

It's funny that you can see that it's a bad idea for others to post constantly and yet you don't take your own advice.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:30 am

Post by icemanE »

It's funny that you can see that it's a bad idea for others to post constantly and yet you don't take your own advice.
I suppose the difference I see between my posting so much and muffin's posting so much is that I have obviously already generated a great deal of suspicion. It's pretty necessary for me to post a good bit if I don't want to wind up dead, isn't it?
Even if I were scum (which I'm not), I wouldn't make myself so obvious on Day 1. Your lynch if you're town (which is questionable) does not win the game for the scum. This is only Day 1. The earliest the town can lose Day 3.
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here... are you saying there's no real difference between your lynch and mine? I actually find this post to be a bit suspicious, especially the (which I'm not), which is of course unnecessary if its actually the case. Also, would you make it more obvious in day 3 than in day 1? And if so, why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:19 am

Post by farside22 »

MeMe wrote:
Vote Count

icemanE
(4):
SD_Reaper, mrzero, Xdaamno, Rishi

not voting
(5):
farside22, icemanE, muffinhead, ting =), Twiglees

Five = lynch
Does no one have any other suspicions?
I'm just surprised the votes are one sided. I was hoping more from muffinhead or ting at this point.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:48 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

@farside
can you please answer my question.... post # 340
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by icemanE »

Before I'm lynched, if that's what's to happen, I'd like you all to take a look at who has voted for me, and what they're reasons are.

Mr. Zero:
Based on what I've seen here and on other threads, along with a gut feeling:
Vote: icemanE
FOS: SD_Reaper

Well it benefits the scum to try and get us through the first day fast right? We're likely to lynch a townie and then they get to kill.
Your 247, to me, reads like a passive aggressive push for a deadline, that plus your voting history of putting SD at l-1 has me worried about you.
I don't like the look of Twiggles' 232 (also calling for a deadline) but he's stayed generally on target.
For reference, my 247 reads:
The last thing I want to do is rush this game along, but it has been mind-numbingly boring for about a week. Do you think it's a good idea to set a deadline?
First of all, I wasn't even the first to suggest that we might want a deadline. In post 232, Twig says:
Also, this game seems to be going very slow. I have not posted for two days and the game has moved nowhere. ting =), thank you for the answer to that question. This may seem odd to say; but this game may well need a deadline.
Twig's vote was ALSO on SD at this time, but Zero does not mention either of those pieces of information. Additionally, other than popping in quickly to vote for me, Zero has contributed nothing to this game. So I would ask those of you who are considering casting that final vote to wait until Zero comes back and either explains himself more fully or retracts his unfounded vote. I'd at least like a solid reason for my lynch, not this BS.

Speaking of unfounded votes, there is Rishi's recent vote, of course, which I don't think I need to elaborate on. Additionally, here is X's vote for me:
Iceman, you do seem to be playing newbie more than before for the sake of empathy at this point.

Vote: icemanE

I'm aware you're at L-1.
I'll leave you to decide whether or not that's actually a good reason for a vote.

Now, I've rounded these up for a reason beyond preserving myself. I would like to
FoS: Mr. Zero
and
FoS: X
. I believe that these two players have jumped on the more legitimate observations and suspicions of me made by other players (for example, farside's suspicion of me) to justify my lynch.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by icemanE »

EBWOP: Zero does mention that Twig called for a deadline, my apologies. Nonetheless, I was not the first to do so.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by muffinhead »

I dont know whether I should put the final vote on or not. Over the last 2 pages iceman has contributed the most info and has posted more then me. If he was town and lynched then he would be a big loss.

Ok lets go by ur theory icemane, u have posted the most therefore i should vote u because u have posted most and therefore tried to draw attention from u.

Obviously i dont believe in that theory above
if icemanE was a townie, his reaction would be to call me scum for the vote over a relatively weak reason.
Rishi this doesnt make sense to me. Could u further explain y he would call u scum if hes town?
Does no one have any other suspicions?
If we were to go into day 2 right now then X would be at the top of my list because over the last 3 pages his attitutde has totaly changed. Hasnt posted as much and when he has its been with poor reasoning.

Anyways i said it would be really usefull to find icemane as scum as we know where to go on day 2. I am willing to put the final vote on just give me the nod.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by icemanE »

So the post being with:
I dont know whether I should put the final vote on or not. Over the last 2 pages iceman has contributed the most info and has posted more then me. If he was town and lynched then he would be a big loss.
And ends with:

Anyways i said it would be really usefull to find icemane as scum as we know where to go on day 2. I am willing to put the final vote on just give me the nod.
So did you change your mind while you were writing the post or something? You don't express that in the post... in fact, the only thing you have to say about it is:
Ok lets go by ur theory icemane, u have posted the most therefore i should vote u because u have posted most and therefore tried to draw attention from u.

So... I suppose I don't understand what you're trying to say here. You say: "I'm not sure I should vote for him because he might be town" to "Here's a reason I'm suspicious of you... but actually not" to "I'll vote for him if you want me to". ???
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by muffinhead »

icemanE wrote:So the post being with:
And ends with:

So did you change your mind while you were writing the post or something? You don't express that in the post... in fact, the only thing you have to say about it is:

So... I suppose I don't understand what you're trying to say here. You say: "I'm not sure I should vote for him because he might be town" to "Here's a reason I'm suspicious of you... but actually not" to "I'll vote for him if you want me to". ???
Well read the first sentence and that tells u how im thinking. Then i point out the pros and cons. I say heres a reason im suspecious of u and hes a reason im reluctant to voting u. Does that help
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote: I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here... are you saying there's no real difference between your lynch and mine? I actually find this post to be a bit suspicious, especially the (which I'm not), which is of course unnecessary if its actually the case. Also, would you make it more obvious in day 3 than in day 1? And if so, why?
It is necessary to mention that I am not scum. Otherwise, some people would think I slipped up and admitted to being scum.

I think, if the town was about to lose and I were scum, I would push a little harder. It doesn't make sense for scum to push really hard for a townie lynch on Day 1, because once that person turns up town, then people are going to look at who was pushing the lynch. If the town is going to lose anyway, the scum can afford to push a little harder, because, well, the town won't have a chance to look back on what the town said.

And it's convenient that you are calling me suspicious after I said that you should call me suspicious. You're like a trained seal.
muffinhead wrote:Rishi this doesnt make sense to me. Could u further explain y he would call u scum if hes town?
I mentioned that he should be nice to me because I was the one saying he wasn't scum and then voted for him. Then, he should have said, "Wait, you're voting for me for the dumbest reason ever? You must be scum!" However, if he's scum, he knows that I am not scum. Therefore, he decides to start kissing up to me.

In my experience, a cornered townie tends to go on the offensive, but cornered scum tends to go on the defensive. Iceman didn't start going on the offensive until I pointed this out to him.
muffinhead wrote:I dont know whether I should put the final vote on or not. Over the last 2 pages iceman has contributed the most info and has posted more then me. If he was town and lynched then he would be a big loss.
There you go with the fallacy that quantity of posts somehow correlates with the quality of posts.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by icemanE »

muffinhead wrote:
icemanE wrote:So the post being with:
And ends with:

Well read the first sentence and that tells u how im thinking. Then i point out the pros and cons. I say heres a reason im suspecious of u and hes a reason im reluctant to voting u. Does that help
It does yeah, thanks
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by icemanE »

And it's convenient that you are calling me suspicious after I said that you should call me suspicious. You're like a trained seal.
Have you infiltrated my mind!!! But seriously, your comment actually DID influence what I was thinking, I went back and looked at the game and your role in it, and considering your change in tone from neutral to aggresive on the past few pages, you appeared more suspicious to me. Remember, I'm a newbie, I need those kinds of queues to set me thinking, and I mean that.

In my experience, a cornered townie tends to go on the offensive, but cornered scum tends to go on the defensive. Iceman didn't start going on the offensive until I pointed this out to him.
As far as I can see, I have been on the offensive for more or less the entire game, up until my last few posts, where I went on the defensive, friend.
I mentioned that he should be nice to me because I was the one saying he wasn't scum and then voted for him. Then, he should have said, "Wait, you're voting for me for the dumbest reason ever? You must be scum!" However, if he's scum, he knows that I am not scum. Therefore, he decides to start kissing up to me.

I wasn't kissing up, simply clarifying, as muffin did earlier to me, that I'm not pissed at you as a person, and I refrain from making personal insults, unlike yourself.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by icemanE »

EBWOP: Queues = Cues
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

SD_Reaper wrote:
Alright here is the deal
unvote:
I don't like your comments at this point. You seem frustrated and sarcastic which does not help. I understand this is your first game, but votes go like this to get pressure on a person to see how they react and what they have to say. Please read through the game and see (if you hadn't) anyone you find scummie and why.
farside, im a little confused on why you unvoted him. Was you initial vote just to get him talking and since he was at L-1 you unvoted him? If this is the case who is on the top of your suspicions list and who would we be one of your possible candidates for a lynch for day 1?
Sorry I missed this. I unvoted to get more information. I still see votes as one sided right now which makes me feel uneasy. At this point there are usually more votes or suspects and there isn't anything. Most of what I have is instinct with this game. I get a bad vibe from X. IcemanE is on top of my list because of his comment in regards to claiming. Sure he can say I'm a newb and what not, but this is an openish game so it shouldn't be a surprise. I think his attitude on it was terrible, but something keeps me from voting against him and it's this one side vote that I just can't vote against him at this point.
Still feel good about muffin and now you with the claim. Other then that well I think Rishi is either really playing a good townie or scum trying to look town. I only say this because he never hammered when he could have so I feel good about Rishi. I'm iffy on everyone else at this point.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

@muffinhead
Of course he is posting a lot over that last two pages he is lynch one and has to defend himself. You have to look at the posts prior to him being on the defensive.
I am giving you the nod.. cast the final vote
Heres why... we have most of the suspicion on him right now. Lets say we dont vote him out and kill someone else. If hes not mafia they wont kill him at night and we will see him day 2. The fact that he will be there day 2 will cast even more suspicion on him and divert our attention to him because he was number one on the list. We will constantly have him in the back of our heads. We have enough information to make a logical and high percentage chance of lynching a mafia. If it is not him and we lynch him, we can make a fresh start and reevaluate our posts. If its not him and we let him live we wont really have gotten anywhere (as he is still top of suspect list), and we will have just wasted a day.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:50 am

Post by Rishi »

SD_Reaper wrote:Lets say we dont vote him out and kill someone else. If hes not mafia they wont kill him at night and we will see him day 2. The fact that he will be there day 2 will cast even more suspicion on him and divert our attention to him because he was number one on the list. We will constantly have him in the back of our heads. We have enough information to make a logical and high percentage chance of lynching a mafia. If it is not him and we lynch him, we can make a fresh start and reevaluate our posts. If its not him and we let him live we wont really have gotten anywhere (as he is still top of suspect list), and we will have just wasted a day.
Excellent post. SD brings up a lot of great points here.

I have seen people wriggle out of a lynch and then stick around for a few days, but it's rare. If Iceman is town, and we lynch him today, it'll be a little bad, but as SD said, we get a fresh start tomorrow. If he's Mafia and we don't lynch him and he goes on to survive or win the game, we'll all feel like idiots.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:10 am

Post by ting =) »

Wow.. that's a lot of posts. I don't have the time to read them now though. Give me two days to wrap up my exams, then I'll post my thoughts.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:23 am

Post by icemanE »

"Ah well I suppose it has come to this… Such is life."

Vote: Rishi

See you in hell!!!!!!!!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote:"Ah well I suppose it has come to this… Such is life."

See you in hell!!!!!!!!
???

If this game is too stressful for you, perhaps you should try something a little less hostile, like Candy Land.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:42 am

Post by icemanE »

Rishi wrote:
icemanE wrote:"Ah well I suppose it has come to this… Such is life."

See you in hell!!!!!!!!
???

If this game is too stressful for you, perhaps you should try something a little less hostile, like Candy Land.
Those were the last words of Ned Kelly. And I have a feeling I'm about to die, and I want it to go down on the record that I think you're scum, since I'm about to get mislynched. PEACE!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Rishi »

Unvote

Seems like genuine frustration. I don't know if scum would act like that.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote:
That's a very weak argument, even WIFOMy, but I doubt that would be applied here usefully. Iceman is correct, but it wouldn't 'rid himself of any suspiscion'; that contradicts your own point, that it is suspiscous.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”