windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by windkirby »

But regardless of her alignment, discussion = good, and even though it's been said to death, darkdude wasn't even the one pressuring Talitha.

However, I do agree that no lynch is very bad. If we really do have an extra person, we should save it for later.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

No lynch is not the right play. Moreover, we should not be waiting until the last minute to have a lynch target, so that they have a chance to make a final defense/claim.

Akonas, Crub, VoD have been seriously lurking. (And QF, but she’s promising to post later today.)
Akonas has not posted anywhere on site.
wirdkirby has been posting extensively on site, but not in this thread. He has however expressed a preference for his vote.
VoD has been posting extensively on site, but not in this thread. And not only is he not voting, but there is no indication for who he is suspicious of. This is bad. Very bad. So bad that I’m half-contemplating trying to start a late bandwagon against him.

Akonas/Cephrir:
Do you have anything further to add against your respective suspects? If not, then who between darkdude and QF would you vote?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I could go over Akonas' posts between my case and now, but I can see that that wagon isn't going to happen today. If both of us are still alive tomorrow, I'll worry about it then. Between dd and QF I would obviously prefer to lynch darkdude, who has been a suspect of mine all day if not quite a voteworthy one, to someone I find protown. Besides, if we don't lynch darkdude today then we'll probably do it tomorrow and I doubt he'll magically start playing better. I'd want to lynch him even if he did, anyway.

I did say it would take a lot to make me vote dd today, but leaving my vote on Akonas isn't doing the town any good, we need to pressure someone to a claim and quickly. And his posts have been even worse, I think, since he became the major wagon.

Unvote, Vote darkdude
, if only to help ensure that we get a claim from him with a reasonable amount of time left in the Day.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Well the last few days have at least been of some use, but now we have a deadline approaching and only two real lynch candidates I have to say I will support a DD lynch. My biggest reason for this is that regardless of his alignment I feel he will generate the most useful info/leads for us tommorow.
The recent case against QF does not sit well with me at all even though I do see it has some merit, either it is a last ditch attempt to save himself or to do some serious bussing before a lynch.
Over the last few pages I have come to see DDs playstyle as very questionable in his scum hunting. At peak moments of suspicion on him he seems to pull a case out of nowhere when previously being very inactive at scum hunting. This is the most troubling aspect to me as it shows a reluctance to scum hunting untill it is in his interests to do so.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Oh nothing like a deadline to increase activity!
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:28 pm

@EmpTyger, yeah sorry bout my activity in this game things have been rather busy and I have just finished settting up a new computer. My reasons for not posting as much in this game as others is because that the other games are less brain taxing as it were and I can post quicker in those ones.

@Everyone
I have gone a checked the vote count
and I take it as darkdude being at
L-2
. Is this close enough for a claim or should I put him at L-1 to get a claim?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

darkdude:
That’s 4 voting, plus VoD willing to. (And Akonas, in his last post.) I suggest you claim.

Cephrir:
Cephrir [702] wrote:I could go over Akonas' posts between my case and now, but I can see that that wagon isn't going to happen today. If both of us are still alive tomorrow, I'll worry about it then. Between dd and QF I would obviously prefer to lynch darkdude, who has been a suspect of mine all day if not quite a voteworthy one, to someone I find protown. Besides, if we don't lynch darkdude today then we'll probably do it tomorrow and I doubt he'll magically start playing better. I'd want to lynch him even if he did, anyway.
<snip>
I’d rather have your argument against Akonas on record today. Mostly for the possibility of you and Akonas being mafia together- I would rather you 2 not get a chance to coordinate first.

VoD:
That is not a good excuse.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by darkdude »

I will claim. It's Vanilla townie.
At peak moments of suspicion on him he seems to pull a case out of nowhere when previously being very inactive at scum hunting.
I had that case with QF long before. I just didn't bother to push it further since no one saw it as a worthy case, and then Tyger came in as replacement and started discussing new stuff.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:59 pm

@EmpTyger well if it is good or not it is the truth and as I have had little time and have gladular fever. Anyone whom has had this will know that it wipes your energy levels right down, so not posting in a game which takes more energy to do so was my way of trying to handle my illness.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Crub »

Seventeenth Vote Count of Day 2

darkdude (4):
Talitha, vikingfan, EmpTyger, Cephrir
QuantumFruit (3):
darkdude, Pink Puppy, windkirby
vikingfan (1):
Akonas

Not Voting (2):
thevampireofdusseldorf, QuantumFruit

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch, 3 at deadline in a little under 6 days.
Moo?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:45 pm

Post by Talitha »

It's good to have competing bandwagons but I'm not really seeing the case on QF.
Is this really the time to be trying to pressure someone to play a certain way, PP? Your QF vote (and reason) smells a little fishy to me.

Time to man-up and lynch darkdude. Deadline lynches suck, besides this day has gone on long enough, IMO. And I'm not seeing any townishness in his death throes.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:19 am

Post by Akonas »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:2. The relationship between Akonas and QF in this game. Yes I am aware of some relationship outside of this game but at times I have watched there interactions. Sometimes it is supportive sometimes antagonistic, but this seems to be more comments on how each other "is" as a person and not so much about how they are playing this game. As I thought earlier "I hope there is no conflict of iterest", so I would rather like to hear when each of you get back your thoughts about each others play in this game so far.
Meta. We know each other pretty well, and she likes talking. And she's willing to consider every point of view. I'm kind of the same way, actually. anyways..

I am curious about Cephrir and Pink Puppy. The scum bussing thing is a possibility, and they're both on my scumdar. I would, however, be happy with a
Vote: darkdude
. That's Lynch-1.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

With his latest no-lynch plan, I am happy to lynch DD. I don't really want to let QF off the hook so easily though, so I will hold off a little bit and see if she can vote somebody at all today.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:21 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Unvote: darkdude.
I still am comfortable with him as today’s lynch, but I want to make sure Cephrir has enough time to present his case against Akonas today.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I also want to know why Akonas and QF don't suspect each other. Okay you know each other's playstyle and you <3 each other. I get it. But it just feels like you're not being objective about each other as well. Not sure if it's scummy per se. It might be. But you are at least not being objective. Unless you have seen some things you consider town-tells or something.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Sorry... that was me
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:49 am

Post by darkdude »

With his latest no-lynch plan, I am happy to lynch DD.
Is that because it's a bad plan or is it because it seems like I am trying to avoid my own lynching?
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Pink Puppy »

Both.

Although I didn't really run numbers on it or anything. I normally oppose no-lynch under all circumstances, unless it's engame and mislynch will lose the game, but another night would help. Or some similar situation. I don't really think this is one of those situations.

I just feel the town's only weapon is the lynch and I don't like to let it go.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by darkdude »

I normally oppose no-lynch under all circumstances, unless it's engame and mislynch will lose the game, but another night would help
Assuming there is one kill per night (likely since doctor is dead), then that will happen eventually and town would be forced to do No Lynch. If you do No Lynch now it would be the same thing, and it
slightly
increases the chance of hitting scum on all the following days.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

We can do it later though. All No Lynch does now is remove the opinion of one protown player from the discussion. And then we still have pretty much the same suspects.

I'll post that case either tonight or soon, depends on whether I have time and whether I feel like it.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by darkdude »

We can do it later though. All No Lynch does now is remove the opinion of one protown player from the discussion. And then we still have pretty much the same suspects.
Yes, I did realize that point. But all I thought I would suggest No Lynch as an option anyways. Because it seemed that with a deadline coming we may not have enough time to agree on a single candidate for lynch.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Akonas »

PinkPuppy? wrote:I also want to know why Akonas and QF don't suspect each other. Okay you know each other's playstyle and you <3 each other. I get it. But it just feels like you're not being objective about each other as well. Not sure if it's scummy per se. It might be. But you are at least not being objective. Unless you have seen some things you consider town-tells or something.
I know that she talks too much and guts too little; this makes it hard for me to get a read on her. I've been somewhat suspending judgment because I have better targets atm. However, I would like to see more commitment (pun!) or I'm going to start having a cow. After all, the point of the game is to CATCH SCUM.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Akonas wrote:Oh, and as for vikingfan:
vikingfan wrote:After seeing mozsuggs' alignment, I'm not sure about darkdude, especially since it seems that he may be framed by the mafia. It seems like, to me, the mafia were almost entirely sitting back and letting mozsuggs commit suicide (which is basically what he did).

I'm not holding vod's hammer against him: A) someone has to do it, and B) he was pretty much pissing us all off at that point.
  • Why do you think he was framed by the mafia? Was this invalidated when you voted him?
  • You're not holding vod's hammer against him because he was pissing us off, not because you thought he was scum?
  • You think the mafia were sitting back and letting mozsuggs commit suicide, which is pretty much what you did--you know, except for that one post where you were like "oh no he's gonna get lynched...ohwaitnevermind. Seems like lip service to me.

• Oh right, so you were voting darkdude and then
    let him commit suicide
    ... And since you knew the mafia were just sitting back, VoD wasn't mafia--after all,
    you knew what the mafia were doing... Scum.
I really really want to hear from QF prior to deadline. It's probably too late to change candidates for a lynch but I still want to hear from her.

I feel this day has been pretty much exhausted though.

As for the response to Akonas, here were my thoughts. At the time, I thought moz was scum due to his horrible play, but I still think that it was easy, in retrospect, for everyone, scum and town alike, to vote him. That's what I meant by that. I didn't know what the mafia were doing, just that it's easy to see that in retrospect.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:47 am

So the claim of DDs does not change much. I guess there are a couple of things people want to hear before deadline or lynch so unless there is anything urgent anyone wants asked from me dont expect me to be posting much, my time and health are rather against me at the moment.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by darkdude »

I thought deadline was past already...apparently it hasn't.

I will not protest my death, since it is better if I clear up my intentions now, and no one thinks no lynch is the best.

I don't like setting up future lynches, but QF is VERY scummy IMHO. When my role is revealed I really hope town will remember this and look into it on next day.

She seems to just not care now that I'm on death row. She never explained her scummy behaviour.

In case you forget, my case was:

1. Talitha did a strange triple post (strange, not necessarily scummy)
2. When I questioned this, QF immediately started saying stuff along the lines of "stop questioning her it's mean"
3. I was not being mean
4. After some time (when tyger came in as replacement) I was asked why I still had my vote on QF
5. I responded that I still think that she is scum
6. She comes in apparently forgetting this case against her, and I had to explain everything again.
7. QF acts even more scummy, such as making false claims and shifting her position on the issue of "being mean"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”