Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by icemanE »

Oh and u should know that we dont hate u whasoever, we just find u most suspicious which is part of the game incaase u didnt know.
Yeah I understand that, don't worry, its not going to ruin my life if you kill me.
Please read through the game and see (if you hadn't) anyone you find scummie and why.
I will do that, and get back later today or tomorrow.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by icemanE »

At the moment X is most suspicious, from where I'm standing. Here is his most recent post, to start with:
'Pologies for the low inactivity. I agree with Rishi; that bolded statement in Iceman's post does look scummy, no doubt. IGMEOY Iceman.
X swings back into the game at post 309 with a bandwagon suspicion. Consider how weak the point farside made was as a reference point for the above post:
icemanE wrote:
Quote:

There is a big difference between doctor and a townie. Anyone can claim townie, but there is only one doctor.
Unvote:
vote: IcemanE
Someone is looking to be lynching quickly.

Right, but does everyone actually believe SD? Can't I say I'm the doctor too? Is there any real authenticity to that, as in, can the mod say "No, you aren't the doctor." Or are we just to make up our minds as to whether or not what he's saying is true? (Keep in mind that this is my first game so I am genuinely looking for an answer)

If the mod is NOT allowed to disprove his claim, I think he's lying to save himself. His tone has completely changed now that he has "claimed". This post:

Quote:

Right now i am still debating on what i did was a good idea or not. Because this limits the possible senarios. The scum know right now that if they have a roleblocker then there is a cop. If there is no roleblocker than there is no cop. Although we have saved one townie, the mafia currently have more information than us town. I hope i did the right thing.

That just sounds like BS. "Us town". I think its bull.

I know he is a newb, but are you telling me the line in bold isn't just telling as get out. Come on rishi there is a point were you have newb town and newb scum looking for an easy lynch.

I don't see how that line in particular is revealing, so it makes it feel bandwagonish that X would come back in with a suspicion like that.
Iceman, you do seem to be playing newbie more than before for the sake of empathy at this point.

Vote: icemanE

I'm aware you're at L-1.
X sounds a lot like I did earlier in the game when I put SD at L-1, and without a real solid reason, he seems to feel its a good idea to put me at L-1. If there is more to your vote than the evidence you provide in that post it would be nice to hear it. As an IC I would figure you would make SURE you were making the right choice before you put someone close to a lynch.

By sheer volume of posts, I have to be suspicious of muffinhead. He is troll-like in his responses. It's great on the one hand because it keeps the game moving but its shaky on the other hand... since it keeps the game moving, which would of course benefit scum. That's not to say I'm convinced he's scum of course (since I do a lot of posting myself), I'm just suspicious at this point.

I can't conclusively say that I'm convinced anyone is scum, since so much of the discussion has been about me lately, and there haven't arisen too many other topics. Since I'm so personally involved in the situation my reactions are obviously going to be exaggerated, so I would like to sit back a bit now. I will certainly be around to answer any questions.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by icemanE »

EBWOP: Just for clarity, the piece of the second quote that I am referring to is:

"Right, but does everyone actually believe SD? Can't I say I'm the doctor too?", which is something I said but farside bolded to ask:

"I know he is a newb, but are you telling me the line in bold isn't just telling as get out. Come on rishi there is a point were you have newb town and newb scum looking for an easy lynch."
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by muffinhead »

I must agree that over the last 3 pages X has looked very sus. He has avoidied my questions (possibly delibratly) hasnt posted alot but when he has it has been on poor reasoning and still has an unansered queestion from me, he has posted twice since and has not even talked bout it.

Quote:
Right now i am still debating on what i did was a good idea or not. Because this limits the possible senarios. The scum know right now that if they have a roleblocker then there is a cop. If there is no roleblocker than there is no cop. Although we have saved one townie, the mafia currently have more information than us town. I hope i did the right thing.
question who said this quote above, i have looked over the last 3 pages and cant find it.

Anyways i disagree with ur reasoning because it also lets the cop (if there is one) know since he exists then we know there is a rollblocker. Also people who never considered that like me now no so if we lynch a cop or
roleblocker we know there is the opposite in the game.

Ur reasoning for me doesnt make sense either. How on earth is me posting more and asking questions going to benefit the scum? the way i c it i am better off asking questions about everyone and looking at who i get a week,poor, scummy response from.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:55 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

You guys are honestly pressing this harder than you should be. Content does
not
directly correlate to chance of being scum, trust me. I haven't avoided any questions deliberately. muffin, if you quote any questions you want answering I'll do them next time I'm online.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Rishi »

muffinhead wrote:
question who said this quote above, i have looked over the last 3 pages and cant find it.
If you actually read the quote, you'll see that it's referring to the claim. SD_Reaper said this.

Xdaamno is right, though. There is no correlation between the frequency of posts and alignment.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:49 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

icemanE
(3):
SD_Reaper, mrzero, Xdaamno

not voting
(6):
farside22, icemanE, muffinhead, Rishi, ting =), Twiglees

Five votes will end the day.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:56 am

Post by icemanE »

Rishi wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
If you actually read the quote, you'll see that it's referring to the claim. SD_Reaper said this.

Xdaamno is right, though. There is no correlation between the frequency of posts and alignment.
Right right, that piece of the quote was from SD, but that';s not the part of that dialogue I was referring to. See my EBWOP. That conversation was between me and SD, and then farside responded to it. I'm not referring to the claim, just farside's response to it to illustrate the larger point of my post.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:59 am

Post by icemanE »

For reference it is post 300. Also, what does this mean:
That doesn't seem to be what X said. He said:
Content does not directly correlate to chance of being scum, trust me.
Content is what's IN the posts, not the FREQUENCY of them. Those are two totally different things. Content obviously DOES correlate to chance of being scum because what you say is the only indication anyone has to work with.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:01 am

Post by icemanE »

How on earth is me posting more and asking questions going to benefit the scum?
It benefits YOU if YOU are scum (which, as I said, I'm not sure of) because it takes all the heat off of you and puts it on other people, since you're asking the questions and demanding the answers, that's all.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Twiglees »

That logic seems a bit strange; why would muffinhead need attention drawn away from himself? I see very little reasons to suspect him at the moment. I also think that Rishi might just have misread Xdammno's post. I currently have suspicions on icemanE, I would support a lynch on him. However, when we move to day 2 I currently have no real ideas on a lynch; other than not SD_Reaper (if he survives the night, of course).
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:04 am

Post by icemanE »

That logic seems a bit strange; why would muffinhead need attention drawn away from himself?
Come on, that question answers itself, man. Think about it for two seconds, and if it doesn't come to you look at the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by muffinhead »

icemanE wrote:
It benefits YOU if YOU are scum (which, as I said, I'm not sure of) because it takes all the heat off of you and puts it on other people, since you're asking the questions and demanding the answers, that's all.
Ice i re-read
Ice if i was scum i wouldve been lynched by now because i wouldnt be able to ask such questions because under the pressure. because i have posted so much it just never wouldve happened.

THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE- I ask everyone a question to get more information out of them, some replies will make them look like town others scum. But even for an ic scum I assume its not easy to be asked a dirrect question and look innocent, u might not look sus, but it wont make u anymore town if u know what i mean. So in asking questions i and the town have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by icemanE »

muffinhead wrote:
icemanE wrote:
Ice i re-read
Ice if i was scum i wouldve been lynched by now because i wouldnt be able to ask such questions because under the pressure. because i have posted so much it just never wouldve happened.

THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE- I ask everyone a question to get more information out of them, some replies will make them look like town others scum. But even for an ic scum I assume its not easy to be asked a dirrect question and look innocent, u might not look sus, but it wont make u anymore town if u know what i mean. So in asking questions i and the town have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

...huh? How would you have been lynched by now if you were scum? Whoever is scum is still alive, obviously, so how does your being alive prove you aren't scum? That makes absolutely no sense, and being scum does not restrict you from asking questions. The fact that you have not been found out as scum yet does not prove that you aren't.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by muffinhead »

icemanE wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
icemanE wrote:
Ice i re-read

...huh? How would you have been lynched by now if you were scum? Whoever is scum is still alive, obviously, so how does your being alive prove you aren't scum? That makes absolutely no sense, and being scum does not restrict you from asking questions. The fact that you have not been found out as scum yet does not prove that you aren't.
I am saying i am not skilled enough to pull it off. I meant that i wouldnt be able to ask such skilled questions without looking horribly sus. I never said that because i havnt been lynched doesnt mean im innocent. Whether or not u chose to believe is up to u.

just wondering if u read this
Show

SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

Alright here is the deal
unvote:
I don't like your comments at this point. You seem frustrated and sarcastic which does not help. I understand this is your first game, but votes go like this to get pressure on a person to see how they react and what they have to say. Please read through the game and see (if you hadn't) anyone you find scummie and why.
farside, im a little confused on why you unvoted him. Was you initial vote just to get him talking and since he was at L-1 you unvoted him? If this is the case who is on the top of your suspicions list and who would we be one of your possible candidates for a lynch for day 1?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by icemanE »

I am saying i am not skilled enough to pull it off. I meant that i wouldnt be able to ask such skilled questions without looking horribly sus.
I see what you're saying but it still doesn't make too much sense, since you ARE asking these questions and it hasn't been proven that you are town yet.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote:For reference it is post 300. Also, what does this mean:
That doesn't seem to be what X said. He said:
Content does not directly correlate to chance of being scum, trust me.
Content is what's IN the posts, not the FREQUENCY of them. Those are two totally different things. Content obviously DOES correlate to chance of being scum because what you say is the only indication anyone has to work with.
As a clarification, I meant frequency of content :)
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:12 am

Post by icemanE »

As a clarification, I meant frequency of content Smile
Ah yes, ok. But nonetheless, there obviously IS a correlation, from a speculative standpoint, between frequency of content and alignment. Ever heard of lurking? That's infrequent content, and is incredibly suspicious. I feel the same way about posting "too much" content.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote:
As a clarification, I meant frequency of content Smile
Ah yes, ok. But nonetheless, there obviously IS a correlation, from a speculative standpoint, between frequency of content and alignment. Ever heard of lurking? That's infrequent content, and is incredibly suspicious. I feel the same way about posting "too much" content.
Bzzt. Wrong. Thanks for the playing, though. Perhaps you'd like a version of our home game?

There are many, many reasons why someone might appear to be lurking, many of which have absolutely nothing to do with alignment. People get busy, lose interest, lost Internet access, etc. Intentional lurking probably is bad, but how often can you tell if someone is actively and intentionally lurking or is just someone who has less free time than others?

Too much content usually is a function of having a lot of free time. Also, I've found that newbies generally post more than established players. They come out gunning (regardless of whether they are town or scum).

Now, in a face-to-face game, there is sometimes a correlation between how much a person speaks and their alignment. But, I mean, in that case, you're all just sitting there. Everyone has the same opportunity to talk.

So, IcemanE, who hadn't heard of this game until a few weeks ago, what makes you smarter than the ICs?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:51 am

Post by icemanE »

So, IcemanE, who hadn't heard of this game until a few weeks ago, what makes you smarter than the ICs?
First of all, knowledge of how a forum game works has no relation to intelligence.

Secondly, you're as right and as wrong as I knew you were before you posted.

Suspicion is generated at the same rate, in regards to lurking, whether or not the person is doing it intentionally or not, as there's no way to tell whether it was intentional until they return and post.

Next, what you said about posting too much content...
Too much content usually is a function of having a lot of free time. Also, I've found that newbies generally post more than established players. They come out gunning (regardless of whether they are town or scum).
...is entirely conditional. It can depend of playstyle as much as it can on free time, so don't feed me that. And we ARE playing a newbie game, right? So the chances of muffin being scum solely because he posts so much are equal to his chance of being town, according to your own definition, and he is therefore a justifiable target for scrutiny. I am still learning how to play this game, as you know, so posts like...
Bzzt. Wrong. Thanks for the playing, though. Perhaps you'd like a version of our home game?
...don't really help, especially when grouped with a few ideas that are only half right some of the time.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote: First of all, knowledge of how a forum game works has no relation to intelligence.
True, but here's a tip for you.

Be nice to the guy who has said, on several occasions, that he doesn't think you're scum.

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by icemanE »

Rishi wrote:
icemanE wrote: First of all, knowledge of how a forum game works has no relation to intelligence.
True, but here's a tip for you.

Be nice to the guy who has said, on several occasions, that he doesn't think you're scum.

Oh snap! :lol: Didn't mean to be mean, just frustrated as all heck here.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Rishi »

Hmm.

I was thinking that, if icemanE was a townie, his reaction would be to call me scum for the vote over a relatively weak reason.

But now he's backpedaling. Maybe he knows I'm not scum because he's scum?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by icemanE »

Rishi wrote:Hmm.

I was thinking that, if icemanE was a townie, his reaction would be to call me scum for the vote over a relatively weak reason.

But now he's backpedaling. Maybe he knows I'm not scum because he's scum?
I think everybody can see that it was a weak reason, and I'm not too into defending myself (since I know I don't have to), as my posts demonstrate. I like things to speak for themselves.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”