mini #585 - A Tempest Has Formed (Over), Thanks Patrick!!

Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

coheedCambria09 wrote: My votes stayed on him, and I didn't think I had to continually justify why its there.
Did you read the part where Gaspode admitted calling me "wagon happy" was not exactly true?
Cream147 wrote: What I really meant was, I still think my original argument is fair, however, our subsequent messages are worthless, because they are essentially arguing over little details. I still think alvinz is worth a vote.
Meh. I need to learn to read.
Unvote

Honestly, I see alvinz's reactions more as panicky town than anything else.
Anyways WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SAN DIEGO? (where is everyone T_T)
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:51 am

Post by iamausername »

Mellowed Man wrote:Alright, so for some reason I think iamusername and alvinz95 are like a pair, it is just an illusion that came to my mind when rereading the 1st post of Iamusername, on page 5, etc. and so on.

Post 100 by iamusername has me on the edge, so I will try to explain tomorrow.
Still waiting for this explanation, Mellowed Man.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

youll probably be waiting some time, seems like he'll be replaced
I play the games rul gud.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:10 am

Post by iamausername »

He just posted a few hours ago, that's why I brought it up again.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:18 am

ah, good.
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Mellowed Man »

iamausername wrote:
Mellowed Man wrote:Alright, so for some reason I think iamusername and alvinz95 are like a pair, it is just an illusion that came to my mind when rereading the 1st post of Iamusername, on page 5, etc. and so on.

Post 100 by iamusername has me on the edge, so I will try to explain tomorrow.
Still waiting for this explanation, Mellowed Man.
I honestly don't even know what I was thinking, it's been awhile..
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:23 am

Post by iamausername »

Looks more like you gave up on the wagon when no one else took the bait to me. Maybe you should try reading post 100 again, see if it jogs your memory, since it had you so "on the edge" before.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:24 am

Post by populartajo »

Posting here to let you know that Im very busy today and tomorrow. Catching up asap.3
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I have to say, it's kind of pathetic that you guys "can't remember" things. If you're not going to remember what you were thinking in a post, you should either a) not post it (probably preferable) or b) jot something down to remind yourself. We have a "Notes" function, and I'm sure you have a word processor. You have no excuse.

As for those who "didn't go back and check" and such things, that's equally ridiculous. I'm sure as hell not going to waste my time going back to check if you don't think it's worth it, which means I'm just going to throw away your post as useless, because there's no facts to back it up. I've been guilty of this occasionally in the past, but I try to avoid it, and I never do it in an important defense. It's not difficult to find the stuff--just use the "find all posts by" button.

Stuff like that seems like an excuse to say whatever you want, regardless of what the facts actually are. If it's a blatant lie, it's ok--you forgot!

Sorry, this has really been bugging me, because for a majority of this game, I've had no idea what people are referring to without doing a really ridiculous amount of research.
Bottom line--use quotes (with names in the tags), cite post numbers, and just say who/what you're referring to, rather than "he", "you", "that time" etc.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Post by Marmalade »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:
Marmalade wrote:
I'd like to
unvote, vote: CoheedCambria09
. I don't like the way he basically never gives reasons for his votes and suspicions, and the ones he gives aren't al that great.
I didn't go back and check, but I'm pretty sure I've only ever voted Evilgorrilaz. I believe I said that I voted for him for being initially wagon happy. My votes stayed on him, and I didn't think I had to continually justify why its there.
I don't really like this post.

Firstly, I never merely specified votes that you had to explain, but also suspicions.

Let's look at some examples:
Cambria wrote:the reason would be that after reading through all the post, you just seem to be giving off a different vibe, i may be wrong, but thats what im getting
Cambria wrote:It's not necessarily the wagon happy reason, I personally just have a bad feeling about you, It's just how I feel.
Cambria wrote:No, its not that type of reason, it's one of those gut feelings, the ones where if you lined up a bunch of people, there may be one or two that just stick out to you, not for any particular reason, but they just do, I have that feeling with you.
I think that is a good amount of examples to illustrate this point (also, some of them
do
seem to be about your evilgorrillaz vote.) I think it's pretty scummy to just claim "well, I just have this weird feeling about you!" and then use that as your main suspicion. It feels off to me.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Marmalade, why are you so forthright in defending Evilgorrilaz? (all of the quotes in your last post pertained to my vote against him) Its one vote, I dont really have any leads on anyone else, so I'm going with my gut feeling, which, points to Evilz.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

CoheedCambria09 wrote: Marmalade, why are you so forthright in defending Evilgorrilaz? (all of the quotes in your last post pertained to my vote against him) Its one vote, I dont really have any leads on anyone else, so I'm going with my gut feeling, which, points to Evilz.
Why are you pushing for my lynch when all you have is a gut feeling?
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:35 am

I'm not pushing for your lynch, Im not saying lynch Evilz right now, he's scum. I placed my vote on you because of gut feeling, when I find someone who does something scummy my vote will most likely switch to them.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Hypatia »

I have PMed the mod to request replacement. My job is going to be keeping me constantly busy for the next two weeks, and I did not expect this when I signed up for the game. I thought I would be able to give more time and effort to the game but it's just not possible now. My apologies to you all.
Mini 779 - Killer in Smalltown Y - Mary Rose the Split Personality
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Miztef »

important note: I'm having horrible computer trouble and can't get online for a while. The game can probably continue, but we have a player in need of replacement (well, 2, but I have 1 ready). No vote counts or possible lynches until probably a week. Very sorry, but there's not much I can do when my comp decides to destroy itself.

oh and laptopgun replaces alvinz95, effective immediately.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by populartajo »

Gaspode wrote:Would anyone mind laying out a good case against Evilgorrilaz? All I can see is the following: Stupid bandwagoning at the beginning (which I've discussed before), his dumb "lynch all lurkers" comment (obviously a joke, albeit a bad one), and his refusal to metagame (yes, a bit scummy, but no smoking gun). Maybe I'm missing some of his posts, but the case as it stands right now doesn't seem terribly convincing to me.
I'd go with refusal to metagame (does he have something to hide?) as the scummiest thing he's done. This is definitely mixed with some bad feeling Ive had reading his posts.
Evilgorrilaz wrote:Agreed. Please do not use newbieness as an excuse in this game. Also, lynch all lurkers np
[/gut]
And about the wagon-happy, scum definitely likes them more than an eager townie, specially if they're silly.
Is that a good case? I know I fail, but its the best I can come up with about him at this semi-random state of the game. He has somehow felt less scummier at the game has progressed, though.
However, as the thread has increased its pages, some other things have catched my interest as well.
Let's see, kay thx?
Marmalade wrote:Hm, it turns out I did FoS Alvinz. I think I will withdraw that FoS, though, since I'm unsure now about whether or not his points are being misconstrued by others.
Slip? Can you reexplain your reasoing in that post?
Evilgorrilaz wrote:Unvote
Why did you unvote?
Elias wrote:ah, good.
Come on, play some.
Mellowed Man wrote:I honestly don't even know what I was thinking, it's been awhile..
Hi, scum.
Now, Some thoughts.
I seriously sometimes dislike Coheed Cambria way of playing, but I still dont know what to think about him. Could be newbie townie having problems with the intensity of the game or could be newbie scum using newbiness as an excuse. Idk.
I totally dislike Mellowed Man and Cream. Im definitely switching my vote to one of them. let me reread and Ill decide.
Major FOS to both.

I still like Alvinz, I dont know why is he being replaced. He feels like the last game I played with him.
I still like Iamasuername, Gaspode sometimes, Marmelade should explain.
About the other, still neutral. Disliking slightly Hypatia because she feels too complacent about the game is going. Lets wait his replacement.
Miztef wrote:important note: I'm having horrible computer trouble and can't get online for a while. The game can probably continue, but we have a player in need of replacement (well, 2, but I have 1 ready). No vote counts or possible lynches until probably a week. Very sorry, but there's not much I can do when my comp decides to destroy itself.
Thats too bad. Dont worry, I think we all can wait, right?
Call me Tajo.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Tajo, could you please explain what you don't like about my play (I honestly want to know, so that I can improve and get better)
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by populartajo »

Coheed wrote:Tajo, could you please explain what you don't like about my play (I honestly want to know, so that I can improve and get better)
Coheed wrote:I didn't go back and check, but I'm pretty sure I've only ever voted Evilgorrilaz.
At some points of the game, it seems that you dont care about this (you should've checked). Also, It's probably me and my liking of long posts but, Id like that you explain more your reasoning becuase it seems that you only go with the flow of suspicions. Thats why Im still no sure of your allignement.
Call me Tajo.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Ok, thank you, When I make new suspicians/Votes I will try to explain myself better :)
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:51 pm

populartajo wrote:
Elias wrote:ah, good.
Come on, play some.
Come on, you know me. I dont
really
play D1, unless theres crazy pressure on me, in which case I have to pull a miraculous turnaround out of my ass :P

But yeah, I'll try to have some more detailed PBP's later this week. Or at least an outline of my suspicions. Trust me, I'll get into it.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

what? no prod?
Is back.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

I was gone for 5 days (since april 16th as you can see), so I think I shouldn't be replaced. :x It is supposed to be for 1 week, 7 days, and it has only been 5 days. And no prod. :evil:
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

I'm pretty sure that was a mistake, and LaptopGun is actually replacing ashmite84, who requested it a while back. It's pretty easy to get those names confused.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

iamausername wrote:I'm pretty sure that was a mistake, and LaptopGun is actually replacing ashmite84, who requested it a while back. It's pretty easy to get those names confused.
I hope so.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Hello. Unfiortunately I don't know which player (namewise, not who I am) I'm replacing. I will say the lsiting for a replacement had been in the que thread for more than a couple days, so it's sounding like I've repalced ashmite84. I'll do the custoamry re-read and figure out what's going on.

I will say, snap judgement, that there looks to have been a lot of baseless accusations and counter accusations based on these. Which means everyone is really getting jumpy, or something I cant think of.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”