elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Some of you may have missed this, but a bandwagon on TS is starting.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

It's clear that elvis_knits has hardly read the game, and what little she read, was read with a mind to find reasons to find me scummy, and did not pick up on the one overwhelming reason why I shouldn't be lynched.

Perhaps the more astute players have picked up on it, and might care to point it out to her, or, preferably, to just tell her to put a sock in it, and find some real scum.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I was not trying to find you scummy. In fact I will excuse a lot of your play as normal since you are also DGB. But I can't understand your actions about unvoting k-scope and accusing others of being scmmy for not allowing a claim when it was deadline anyway.

Why shouldn't you be lynched? Have you claimed something? What is the point of alluding to it without telling me that it is?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 am

elvis_knits wrote:But I can't understand your actions about unvoting k-scope and accusing others of being scummy for not allowing a claim when it was deadline anyway.
There was no need to put on all these extra votes especially when Quagmire was such a good alternative. Better to no-lynch than lynch a doctor or a cop or whatever power role.

I find it very odd the way to cling to minute, subtle, half-baked "scumtells" - given how active I've been in this game, I'm sure anyone in search of a scumtell would not be hard-pressed to find quite a few. I have a feeling you haven't really read the game (and I can't really blame you, I am glad that you are replacing and thank you), and you just decided to aim for the biggest animal in the zoo, because bigger targets are easier.

For the record, your predecessor YagamiLight also pinged my scumdar, and if anyone needs to be bandwagonned, it's you, not me.

If I see more from you, you will get my vote.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Toaster Strudel wrote:It's clear that elvis_knits has hardly read the game, and what little she read, was read with a mind to find reasons to find me scummy, and did not pick up on the one overwhelming reason why I shouldn't be lynched.

Perhaps the more astute players have picked up on it, and might care to point it out to her, or, preferably, to just tell her to put a sock in it, and find some real scum.
Appeal to Authority.
But, i cant deny, i'm intrigued. Whats this reason not to lynch you?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:But I can't understand your actions about unvoting k-scope and accusing others of being scummy for not allowing a claim when it was deadline anyway.
There was no need to put on all these extra votes especially when Quagmire was such a good alternative. Better to no-lynch than lynch a doctor or a cop or whatever power role.
You shouldn't have had any idea that k-scope was a power role. BEsides, you were voting k-scope at the time, but just jumped off when it looked like he was gonna get lynched.
TS wrote: I find it very odd the way to cling to minute, subtle, half-baked "scumtells" - given how active I've been in this game, I'm sure anyone in search of a scumtell would not be hard-pressed to find quite a few. I have a feeling you haven't really read the game (and I can't really blame you, I am glad that you are replacing and thank you), and you just decided to aim for the biggest animal in the zoo, because bigger targets are easier.
I do believe in scumtells. Not every one all the time. But, yeah, I thin kyour SK comment was a slip. I admit I haven't read the whole game. I'm not trying to keep this a secret or say I've been thorough or anything. But if I were to comment on your play as a whole, my impression is relentless persuit of personal vendettas, wanting to lynch "trolls" regardless of allignment, and you have bandwagonned every pro-town player in the game as far as I can tell. So... yeah.

TS wrote:For the record, your predecessor YagamiLight also pinged my scumdar, and if anyone needs to be bandwagonned, it's you, not me.

Feel free.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Flameaxe »

If Erg0 wasn't such an obvious lynch, I would be voting TS.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:57 am

elvis_knits wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
You shouldn't have had any idea that k-scope was a power role. BEsides, you were voting k-scope at the time, but just jumped off when it looked like he was gonna get lynched.
That's right, I wanted him to claim. Maybe K-scope had a power role, maybe he didn't. I did jump off when it looked like he was going to get lynched, in order to give him breathing room in case he did claimed an important role. It's very odd that you would try to paint this as somehow anti-town, I cannot imagine a circumstance where it would be.

I'm sure that's not what you mean, but looking at your wording, you sound like you're saying that you think I'm scum because I knew that K-scope had a power role... elvis, you're too scummy for words. Scum knows power roles??? Is that the implication? Maybe you should have worded it differently if you meant something different.

I think you didn't look at any other player but me. You picked me because BM has just made a BM-kraplogick case that most players that have been following the game are ignoring, because they might have picked up on a few things here and there, and there's not much substance to it. But still it was a case, and a recent one, and you decided to blindly hop on that wagon, finding a few random things I did in my huge body of work in this game, and trying to whip up excitement for it. I very much doubt you'll have any success.
TS wrote: I find it very odd the way to cling to minute, subtle, half-baked "scumtells" - given how active I've been in this game, I'm sure anyone in search of a scumtell would not be hard-pressed to find quite a few. I have a feeling you haven't really read the game (and I can't really blame you, I am glad that you are replacing and thank you), and you just decided to aim for the biggest animal in the zoo, because bigger targets are easier.
elvis_knits wrote:I do believe in scumtells. Not every one all the time. But, yeah, I thin your SK comment was a slip. I admit I haven't read the whole game. I'm not trying to keep this a secret or say I've been thorough or anything. But if I were to comment on your play as a whole, my impression is relentless pursuit of personal vendettas, wanting to lynch "trolls" regardless of alignment, and you have bandwagonned every pro-town player in the game as far as I can tell. So... yeah.
TS wrote:For the record, your predecessor YagamiLight also pinged my scumdar, and if anyone needs to be bandwagonned, it's you, not me.

Feel free.
The SK comment was a quip on a mega-lurker who posted twice, and whose two posts were unexplained votes. Hence the "SK much" quip. There is absolutely no way this can be interpreted as a slip of any kind, if you look at the facts that inspired the quip.

Relentless pursuit of personal vendettas? Are you not aware of the players that were policy-voting me on account of personal vendettas, and quite openly so?

Also, I don't believe we have caught scum yet, so it's no surprise that the players whose lynch I advocated and are now dead are not scum. That's true for me, and true for every single player in this game.

vote: elvis_knits
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:03 am

Flameaxe wrote:If Erg0 wasn't such an obvious lynch, I would be voting TS.
Yes. You want be off every game I'm in. You nightkill me on Night 0, or you vote for me independently of my actions.

Seems like I can count on a average of 3 policy-lynchers per large game. :roll:
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Yes. You want be off every game I'm in. You nightkill me on Night 0, or you vote for me independently of my actions.

I'm not dumb enough to kill you N0 as scum. Everyone knows you suck as town, so why bother? Free scumbuddy.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:38 am

Flameaxe wrote:I'm not dumb enough to kill you N0 as scum. Everyone knows you suck as town, so why bother? Free scumbuddy.
Funny, recently the scumteams pretty much seem to think it's a necessity to NK me as early in the game as humanly possible. Seems I can't play a game unless I replace.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:
That's right, I wanted him to claim. Maybe K-scope had a power role, maybe he didn't. I did jump off when it looked like he was going to get lynched, in order to give him breathing room in case he did claimed an important role. It's very odd that you would try to paint this as somehow anti-town, I cannot imagine a circumstance where it would be.
The circumstance is that it was deadline and preventing a kscope lynch was as good as no-lynching.
I'm sure that's not what you mean, but looking at your wording, you sound like you're saying that you think I'm scum because I knew that K-scope had a power role... elvis, you're too scummy for words. Scum knows power roles??? Is that the implication? Maybe you should have worded it differently if you meant something different.
"Too scummy for words." Wow.

What I meant was that jumping off at that time looks like you wanted off of a bad lynch, or wanted a no-lynch. A pro-town player at least wants to lynch someone d1, and especially someone they already thought was scummy enough for a vote (you were voting kscope). I'm not implying scum know power roles. I'm implying scum knows who is not on their team -- who is town. So sometimes they don't want to be blamed for a bad lynch.
I think you didn't look at any other player but me. You picked me because BM has just made a BM-kraplogick case that most players that have been following the game are ignoring, because they might have picked up on a few things here and there, and there's not much substance to it. But still it was a case, and a recent one, and you decided to blindly hop on that wagon, finding a few random things I did in my huge body of work in this game, and trying to whip up excitement for it. I very much doubt you'll have any success.
I looked at other players. I even mentioned some in the post I voted you. And even if I didn't, you have no way of knowing who I looked at and who I didn't, so it's WIFOM imaginary stuff. I'm not following BM. If I was, I would be voting zu-faul.
elvis_knits wrote:I do believe in scumtells. Not every one all the time. But, yeah, I thin your SK comment was a slip. I admit I haven't read the whole game. I'm not trying to keep this a secret or say I've been thorough or anything. But if I were to comment on your play as a whole, my impression is relentless pursuit of personal vendettas, wanting to lynch "trolls" regardless of alignment, and you have bandwagonned every pro-town player in the game as far as I can tell. So... yeah.

Feel free.
The SK comment was a quip on a mega-lurker who posted twice, and whose two posts were unexplained votes. Hence the "SK much" quip. There is absolutely no way this can be interpreted as a slip of any kind, if you look at the facts that inspired the quip.
Looks like a slip to me.
Relentless pursuit of personal vendettas? Are you not aware of the players that were policy-voting me on account of personal vendettas, and quite openly so?
I did not see them succeeding or pursuing you in the way you pursued others. And two wrongs don't make a right anyway... so you're not winning me over with the defense "they started it!"

I notice you are not objecting to my comment that you want to lynch trolls regardless of allignment.

Also, I don't believe we have caught scum yet, so it's no surprise that the players whose lynch I advocated and are now dead are not scum. That's true for me, and true for every single player in this game.
Yeah but I feel like you wanted to lynch other people too who were NKed and turned up town(like MOS), making your record worse than others.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Flameaxe wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:

I'm not dumb enough to kill you N0 as scum. Everyone knows you suck as town, so why bother? Free scumbuddy.
That's something I was thinking about. In the event that she is not scum herself, is there anyone who has been buddying with TS? Encouraging her?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:47 pm

elvis_knits wrote:The circumstance is that it was deadline and preventing a kscope lynch was as good as no-lynching.
You can't be serious. It was what, Day 1? Had K-scope shown up with a credible cop claim, you think it would be better to lynch him than no-lynch??? Remember, Quagmire was the alternative to K-scope. So it's not like there was no good candidate to fall back upon if K-scope had a believable claim.
elvis_knits wrote:What I meant was that jumping off at that time looks like you wanted off of a bad lynch, or wanted a no-lynch.
No at all, how can you possibly infer this from my action? And what scum wants a no-lynch on a historical 56 page long Day 1? AGAIN, if K-scope had come through with a claim, I would have been besides myself with joy lynching Quagmire instead. Maybe it's time to look at what happened more carefully.
elvis_knits wrote:I looked at other players. I even mentioned some in the post I voted you. And even if I didn't, you have no way of knowing who I looked at and who I didn't, so it's WIFOM imaginary stuff. I'm not following BM. If I was, I would be voting zu-faul.
No, nice pretend job. You know exactly who BM is voting for, and who his most recent case was about. And you may have cursorily glanced at other players, but a quick glance isn't good enough. It's not too late elvis. Why don't you take an in-depth look at BM? vollkan? Erg0? zu_Faul? I mean, serious looks.
elvis_knits wrote:I did not see them succeeding or pursuing you in the way you pursued others. And two wrongs don't make a right anyway... so you're not winning me over with the defense "they started it!"
I think I've been the most active player in this game. My pursuits were high-octane.
elvis_knits wrote:I notice you are not objecting to my comment that you want to lynch trolls regardless of allignment.
I object, I tend to think that trolls are scum.
elvis_knits wrote:Yeah but I feel like you wanted to lynch other people too who were NKed and turned up town(like MOS), making your record worse than others.
Maybe the scum wanted to discredit me.
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Shanba »

Vote Count:

2: Zu_Faul
(hasdgfas, vollkan)
2: TS
(Battle Mage, elvis_knits)
1: Erg0
(Flameaxe)
1: elvis_knits
(Toaster Strudel)

Not Voting:
Zu_faul, spambot, JordanA24, Xylthixlm, IH, Erg0, Panzerjager
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:07 am

Post by PJ. »

Vote: Toaster Strudle

responding to prod.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by vollkan »

TS wrote: I accept most of TS's play as normal and not necessarily a scumtell. BUT, I did notice that she jumped off k-scope wagon at the last minute, and the next day yelled at sirT and hascow for hammering without letting k-scope claim. But it was deadline, so I don't know why she blamed them. Did she want the town to no-lynch? Did she really think there was time for k-scope to claim? I think the jumping off the wagon at the time was scum trying to not to be blamed for the bad lynch about to come down. What other reason would a pro-town person jump off hte lynch at that point? The only thing it could maybe accomplish is a deadline no-lynch, which is also anti-town.
Is this the only significant point you have against TS?

@TS: What did you think of Scopey at the time of unvoting?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I looked at other players. I even mentioned some in the post I voted you. And even if I didn't, you have no way of knowing who I looked at and who I didn't, so it's WIFOM imaginary stuff. I'm not following BM. If I was, I would be voting zu-faul.
No, nice pretend job. You know exactly who BM is voting for, and who his most recent case was about. And you may have cursorily glanced at other players, but a quick glance isn't good enough. It's not too late elvis. Why don't you take an in-depth look at BM? vollkan? Erg0? zu_Faul? I mean, serious looks.
This is an excellent suggestion.

Oh, and since I love making vollkan's life difficult - vollkan, what are your current scumminess numbers?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Something Awesome
Something Awesome
Townie
Something Awesome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:21 am

Post by Something Awesome »

vollkan wrote:
TS wrote: I accept most of TS's play as normal and not necessarily a scumtell. BUT, I did notice that she jumped off k-scope wagon at the last minute, and the next day yelled at sirT and hascow for hammering without letting k-scope claim. But it was deadline, so I don't know why she blamed them. Did she want the town to no-lynch? Did she really think there was time for k-scope to claim? I think the jumping off the wagon at the time was scum trying to not to be blamed for the bad lynch about to come down. What other reason would a pro-town person jump off hte lynch at that point? The only thing it could maybe accomplish is a deadline no-lynch, which is also anti-town.

wtf?
I'm pretty sure TS didnt make that quote... :?

BM
The culmination of years of awesomeness.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Rofl! I just did a DGB!

Now who feels like Al Gore!? :D
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:45 am

Battle Mage wrote:Rofl! I just did a DGB!

Now who feels like Al Gore!? :D
Hi five, hahaha.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:49 am

Something Awesome wrote:
vollkan wrote:
wtf?
I'm pretty sure TS didnt make that quote... :?
BM
Yes, I think the quote attributed to me is actually elvis_knits, then it makes sense.

We totally need a vollkan scummeter reading, right now. Xyl that was a most excellent suggestion, 3 gold stars to you.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:19 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Vote: elvis_knits

YL hadn't posted enough to be remarkably scummy, but I remember some things which were quite weird if he was protown. He was really either posting that he'll post later or argueing with Quagmire about not reading his role pm. He made one post where he actually made some cases and one post argueing with hasdgfas about his statements before his claims. Look at it yourselves: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=2250

Mert made three posts without anyrealy content so nothing to gather from that.

Elvis_Knits now is totally bloodthirsty for TS's blood. As we haven't found scum yet, they don't need many mislynches more than we already had to win. Focussing on a player who has already been accused quite a lot does seem like a very good play for scum. Good thing I am here to point out this logic ;)
elvis_knits wrote:I've only read like 6 pages and I am suspicious of neo-viper/flameaxe. Probably premature, but wanted to update you all. I'll try to get more done today. Yesterday I didn't get much time to read.
Update hasn't happened. Instead more than half of her posts were only focused on TS.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm getting the sinking feeling you actually want me to read this entire game.
Talk nerdy to me.

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:15 am

elvis_knits wrote:I'm getting the sinking feeling you actually want me to read this entire game.
If we lynch you today, you won't have to. If we don't lynch you, your buddies can fill you in on the essentials at night.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”