Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:35 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Vote Count:

Thoth -5- (Banana Bob, Massive, Nanookthewolf, SinisterOverlord, Vikingfan)
Vikingfan -2- (Otaku376, Fuldu)
Herbert West -1- (Mr_Gnome_It_All)

Not voting -3- (Herbert West, Morpheus, Thoth)

6 to lynch!!!
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

I think he's proved himself
unvote: Thoth

Viking: So far from all the role claims, everyone has had some kind of night choice.

Hmmm, thinking about it now, maybe a no lynch for today would prove to be a good option. At least that way we'll have more time to compile information.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:42 pm

Post by massive »

Hrm, welp,
unvote Thoth, vote vikingfan
. I've already said it's one or the other for me.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:51 am

Post by Thoth »

BananaBob wrote: Hmmm, thinking about it now, maybe a no lynch for today would prove to be a good option. At least that way we'll have more time to compile information.
I think the main problem with a no lynch to get more info is that if we have a GF there is a good chance that we won't be able to get more info (unless we have a GF plus a regular Mafia left). Also in that case we don't want to miss a lynch as there are still a lot of players that could be a GF.

The GF possibility is also the main reason why I don't want to lynch vikingfan as he's one of the few roles that's able to prove himself tonight, opposite to some of the claimed investigative roles of which I still feel there are too many.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:31 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

unvote: Vikingsfan vote: Nanook
Nanook in post 459 wrote:I didn't get a choice for N4 or 5 for the fact that I was absent, so there you go, do what you will with my claim. It's time for bed, good night.
Well, I did some digging and found that Night Four lasted from July 1st to July 7th. Nanook was indeed present during that time. He in fact placed a vote on Day Four (July 8th) and in fact semi regularly posted in the forum to July 16th. I do not see the absence from mafia to coincide with night 4 at all.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:41 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I'm sorry, but you are actually correct on that one, I went back into my mail and found that I asked Yoko to reveal whether or not Sinister Overlord has a gun and I got back that he doesn't. I must have overlooked that Pm over the others sorry.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:20 am

Post by SinisterOverlord »

I don't like the no lynch option. It means people dead on our side. Only way we're gonna win is by lynching... even if there is the information factor.

Don't forget, with all the roles out there, the scum have their pick of which roles they most wanna get rid of. I'd much prefer to take a chance on lynching someone, than relying solely on hoping we get sufficiently good info tonight.

I think it's between vikingfan and Thoth still, for me at least... True, Thoth did vote himself. But. Is Yoko counting self-votes? I recall reading a game where the mod didn't like people voting for themself. Also, who's to say the vote was counted, considering he unvoted in the same post? I'd feel more comfortable if the vote and the unvote were in two seperate posts, and a lot more comfortable still if Yoko posted in between them.

Vikingfan, I still don't buy his claim. But, as it's been said, it is provable. If we're gonna test him, we should generally agree on who's the most trusted person by everyone for him to give the thingy to. Still, that claim is still so spurious I'd be content to lynch him, especially if Thoth assuades all the fears about his claim and the self vote thing I listed above.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:09 am

Post by Thoth »

SO wrote: I think it's between vikingfan and Thoth still, for me at least... True, Thoth did vote himself. But. Is Yoko counting self-votes? I recall reading a game where the mod didn't like people voting for themself. Also, who's to say the vote was counted, considering he unvoted in the same post? I'd feel more comfortable if the vote and the unvote were in two seperate posts, and a lot more comfortable still if Yoko posted in between them.
We can easily test for sure when we decide upon a lynch. Just let me cast the 6th vote again. I would expect Yoko to count self votes though as he made no mention of not doing it and the standard option is to count them.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:23 am

Post by vikingfan »

I don't understand why people think I should be lynched when as I and others have said, I can verify my role pretty easily tonight(and if I'm not verified, feel free to lynch me tomorrow).

As far as the night choices go, Pops just had a posting restriction and Thoth has mentioned nothing about having any night choice whatsoever(and he's been verified in my mind already). I want to know exactly where people are getting this 'must have a night chioce' business from because right now it smells to me like a flimsy rationale to lynch pro-town people.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:17 am

Post by Fuldu »

I don't think that "everybody has a night choice" is a valid piece of logic here, but I still intend to keep my vote on you. In a game with this many completely different roles, I think it's incredibly unlikely that Yoko Kurama chose to back-up the Inventor. I understand that you can potentially prove your role, but I don't think it is in the town's best interest to let you do so. If you are scum, there must be two (or more, but that seems improbable) of you left for this gambit to be worthwhile, and it means that we'll just lynch you tomorrow, unless a scum buddy vouches for you, which probably won't happen. But, it does gain the two of you an additional day in which we've likely not lynched scum. Depending on how long it takes us to find the other scum, that might be worthwhile for the team, even though you would be dead.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:28 pm

Post by Herbert West »

**doesn't know what to think**

**is going to reread as much as possible at lunchtime...**
Remember kids, animals are a tasty alternative to tofu.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:17 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

vote: MGIA

He hasn't posted since august and he's still in the game. Yes he claimed but I think it's one of those ambiguous ones...so theres a chance it's made up. Also the fact that almost everyone has claimed tells me that it's now time to disregard claims (unless there are solid proofs supporting it, which MGIA does not have any)
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:07 am

Post by Otaku376 »

well, I found MGIA innocent last night. I think the fact that he hasn't posted in over a month is more an indication of needing replacement than being scum.
I am tempted to vote vikingsfan because my (Dourgrim's) role is basically a universal bench warmer, choosing to replace any of the dead people's role. A universal and specific back up just doesn't seem to mesh well.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:34 am

Post by vikingfan »

I would agree with the piece of logic that says everyone must have a role-that's pretty clear so if somone had just claimed townie, that would scream mafia.

That everyone does not have a night choice is also rapidly becoming clear-see PopsicleStix and Thoth. That MGIA was found innocent is also not heartwarming since I still believe we have a godfather.

However, I want a replacement for MGIA or at the least a prod. Mod?

What we want to do now that everyone has claimed is test as many as we can.
I understand that you can potentially prove your role, but I don't think it is in the town's best interest to let you do so.
And exactly why? Lynch me tomorrow if you like if I haven't given my item but it seems incredibly wasteful to use up a lynch on someone you can solve pretty quickly anyway. It'd be one thing if someone had a role that could only be verified on odd nights, but this isn't one of them. You can verify me tonight. As a pro-town person, I want to get as many people tested as possible because I believe there's a godfather out there and as such we need to test as many people as possible. Think about it this way: we lynch someone(assume worst-case scenario) who's pro-town, the mafia kill someone also pro-town, and I'm either cleared or not cleared. If I'm not cleared, then you have an automatic lynch and I'm scum so you've just cleared out the deck a bunch and killed at least one mafia. If I am cleared, then you've cleared 3 people of being mafia and that will make it a lot easier to find the last mafia or two. And that's assuming that you don't kill at least one mafia which is entirely possible.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:35 pm

Post by massive »

As we continue to go round and round, the more I keep thinking about Banana Bob. Someone mentioned about how all the roles came from the information pages; why doesn't Banana Bob's role jive with any of the other ones?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:43 pm

Post by Herbert West »

I'm probably reading far too much between the lines at this point, but :

Vote : Vikingfan

"If I'm cleared" Not
When
I'm cleared?
"That's assuming that
you
don't kill at least one mafia.." not
We
?

As I said. Possibly readying far too much between the lines, but we haven't got any hard evidence, so that's about all we can do (in the abscence of glaring contradictions).

I also suspect we have a Godfather, and I've posted suspicions about MGIA elsewhere in the thread. But then, at this point, I'm suspicious about pretty much everyone.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:37 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

umm, massive there have been plenty of roles claimed that aren't from the front page. Also MeMe was a Psychic which is NOT on the front page.

Otaku: True you investigated MGIA, but I think we concluded that theres a godfather out there.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:04 am

Post by massive »

Double-B: I know you are picking nits a little, but what I mean is that, while other roles actually MAKE sense (between their name and their abilities - the priest, etc) yours still doesn't, and it still stands out to me. I feel like I should still be voting for you.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:59 am

Post by vikingfan »

Massive-I had EXACTLY the same thinking until IS attacked BB. That pretty much cleared him in my mind-why exactly would one mafia attack another mafia? Otherwise I was ready to declare BB suspicious as well. Now, IMO, he's cleared.

Herbert, you are reading far too much into it. If you like, I can repost my thoughts with the corrections, but I wasn't particularly into the grammar in that post.

Oh, and can we have a vote count, please?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:07 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

It's not that unpopular for one mafia to attack another so that as they can make themself look less suspicious. So if I were you I wouldn't buy into that logic. Vote Stands.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:56 am

Post by Fuldu »

No, Nanook, I think vikingfan is referring to the Reporter result for Night 3 in which we heard that IS had actually attacked BananaBob. BB survived, presumably due to a doctor's intervention, but if they were both mafia, it's hard to come up with a good explanation of what was reported.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:38 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I suppose ...
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:29 am

Post by Thoth »

I basically feel the same as vikingfan about BB. I want to vote him for several reasons, but I just cannot think of any valid explanation for the attack on him by IS.
I'm mostly bothered by massive's results now that I've thought a bit more about it. It would be an extreme double-bluff if he was scum and claimed a role getting not a lot of results and then let the results he does get point towards the only player most think of as confirmed innocent. Therefore it feels as if his results are genuine, but that does not stroke with IS' attack.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:01 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Thoth has my thoughts right on BB.

Here's a question: who exactly protected BB on night 3(sorry if someone already claimed doing it) because I'm curious as to why exactly BB survived that attempt anyway.
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:00 pm

Post by Herbert West »

So you want a doctor (if one remains) to admit to being a doctor. At this stage?

He's probably the only reason we've still got cops alive....

The vote stands.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”