Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 am

Post by farside22 »

icemanE wrote:
There is a big difference between doctor and a townie. Anyone can claim townie, but there is only one doctor.
Unvote:
vote: IcemanE
Someone is looking to be lynching quickly.
Right, but does everyone actually believe SD? Can't I say I'm the doctor too?
Is there any real authenticity to that, as in, can the mod say "No, you aren't the doctor." Or are we just to make up our minds as to whether or not what he's saying is true? (Keep in mind that this is my first game so I am genuinely looking for an answer)

If the mod is NOT allowed to disprove his claim, I think he's lying to save himself. His tone has completely changed now that he has "claimed". This post:
Right now i am still debating on what i did was a good idea or not. Because this limits the possible senarios. The scum know right now that if they have a roleblocker then there is a cop. If there is no roleblocker than there is no cop. Although we have saved one townie, the mafia currently have more information than us town. I hope i did the right thing.
That just sounds like BS. "Us town". I think its bull.
I know he is a newb, but are you telling me the line in bold isn't just telling as get out. Come on rishi there is a point were you have newb town and newb scum looking for an easy lynch.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:07 am

Post by icemanE »

I know he is a newb, but are you telling me the line in bold isn't just telling as get out. Come on rishi there is a point were you have newb town and newb scum looking for an easy lynch.
Maybe you didn't see my next post?
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:48 am

Post by muffinhead »

To answer tings answer briefly yes it was post 250
Anyways i thought about revealing this info after the end of day 1 however i will do this know since we cant decide on lynch 1. This is who everyone has voted for.

Note- the first lot r the newbes here who r in their first game.

Sd_reaper- twiggles,rishi,icemane

twiggles- ting=),Sd_reaper,

icemanE(and spz) - twiggles,Snail,muffinhead,Sd_reaper,Sd_reaper,

These r the people who r more experienced

rishi- s8

farside22- s8,muffinhead,Sd_reaper

snailman- ting=),muffinhead,Sd_reaper

xdaamno- ting,rishi,muffinhead

ting=)- twiggles

Now looking at these stats is very intresting and i want all to make their theories whether they can get any info out of this (espically ics).

Intrstingly enough icemane even though the first vote was made by spz has made the most amount of votes. Also ting has made the least (even less then me).

Now u may be asking me y did i seperate them into experienced and first timers?

Well i heard as a fact that newbies will NOT vote their fellow scum partner out. I believe this because when i was scum on another game they used this to find out who isnt scum even though i only placed 2 votes in. Also because it was very true and i literally had no intentions of voting partners out.

Anyways if this theory is correct then only 1 newbe can possibly be scum. This is because all the newbes hav voted each other as u can c above.

Now what sucks to be anoob is that u dont know what an ic would do in this situation. I have looked back and other newbe games and in the majority of games where a noob and an ic are partners, the ic has at some time in the game voted his partner (not necessarerly lynch but that has been done also).

Now i dont have time unfortunatly to really go through it but i would like anyone who can help out using the info above to c if they can discover scum clues. Cause im out of time i hvnt re-read therfore there could be mistakes.
Ting i dont remember saying that 2 ics couldnt be scum i said it was unlikly at the time because it was between sd and icemane.

Ive coppied this exactly out of the quote but this is the reason 2 newbes cannot possibly be scum partners.

Well i heard as a fact that newbies will NOT vote their fellow scum partner out. I believe this because when i was scum on another game they used this to find out who isnt scum even though i only placed 2 votes in. Also because it was very true and i literally had no intentions of voting partners out.

If u look up sd,icemane and twiggles have at some stage voted each other. Therefore if my theory is correct then only a maximum of 1 newbe (unless zero is scum) can be scum. That is y i have been focusing on the more experienced.

As u can c, best case scnario, icemanE is lynched and is mafia then there r 4 people who cant be his partner.

Since i have put out this theory i have been more focused on getting info out of the ics. I cant imagine rishi being scum. farside and ting i dont have enough info on, and X i get scum vibes from and have had them for quote a while. In fact i havnt seen x in ages.

Does that answer any questions?
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:53 am

Post by icemanE »

If u look up sd,icemane and twiggles have at some stage voted each other. Therefore if my theory is correct then only a maximum of 1 newbe (unless zero is scum) can be scum. That is y i have been focusing on the more experienced.
Haha, that's a really weak theory, and it obviously isn't a FACT that noob scum partners don't vote each other out - by the definition of the word fact, its not a fact, nor can it possibly be a fact, so your theory is more or less entirely debunked.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote:

Haha, that's a really weak theory, and it obviously isn't a FACT that noob scum partners don't vote each other out - by the definition of the word fact, its not a fact, nor can it possibly be a fact, so your theory is more or less entirely debunked.
Well, muffinhead is partially right that newbies (those who have never played) are often reluctant to vote for their partners. But to say that it never happens is silly. Plus, many of the players in this game have played before.

As to farside's comment that newb scum often looks for an easy lynch, it's true. When I saw that Iceman was suddenly at three votes, I thought there was a bandwagon which, to me, seemed like someone trying to get a quicklynch. Now I see that farside is the only one who voted for Iceman after he didn't believe SD's claim. I don't know. I was ready for a lynch, but now it seems we have to talk this out some more.

By the way, Iceman, you did eventually unvote, but your initial reaction is more telling. After all, you were certainly influenced by what other people were saying.

I want to hear from Xdaamno. He hasn't posted since the claim.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by icemanE »

By the way, Iceman, you did eventually unvote, but your initial reaction is more telling. After all, you were certainly influenced by what other people were saying.
Oh I won't deny that, I'd still be convinced SD was scum if the role-claiming hadn't been explained to me.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by muffinhead »

icemanE wrote:

Its not certain and if i said that i apologise but i c it as a very likly theory considering thats how i thought in that match where i was scum. Thats y i split it into experience and newbes cause the newbes have never played it before.
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:24 am

Post by ting =) »

@muffin.

You mentioned that you think the pairing is one new player - one older player. That gave me the impression that you don't think the scum are both older players.

I'm sorry muffin, but I'm not sure how well your theory works. Just because you vote for someone doesn't mean you're trying to go for their lynch, it could be just as possible that the person who voted was scum and voted his partner just so people wouldn't think that both of them are scum partners.

I'm not saying that the scum are two new players, or two old players. I'm just saying that you should try and keep your eyes open to all possibilities. If iceman is lynched and is mafia, anyone could be his partner - you can't discount any person just because ice voted for him.

Also, why can't you see a Rishi scum possibility? Is it because you think his posts seem very town-ish, or is it because he has never posted anything you find suspicious?

@Rishi.

I asked because your post could be read as a subtle warning to a partner not to fakeclaim or to continue pushing for sd's lynch.

------

I'd have to do a reread, but I'm currently mulling over the possibility of a rishi-ice scum pair. I'll post my thoughts on it when I next come on.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:59 am

Post by icemanE »

If iceman is lynched and is mafia, anyone could be his partner - you can't discount any person just because ice voted for him.
Haha, you make it sound as if this is an imminent and certain event.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Xdaamno »

'Pologies for the low inactivity. I agree with Rishi; that bolded statement in Iceman's post does look scummy, no doubt. IGMEOY Iceman.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:38 am

Post by icemanE »

I agree with Rishi; that bolded statement in Iceman's post does look scummy, no doubt. IGMEOY Iceman.
As do I you.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:39 am

Post by icemanE »

Out of curiosity, does the mod reveal the role of whoever is lynched on the next day?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote:Out of curiosity, does the mod reveal the role of whoever is lynched on the next day?
Yes.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:45 am

Post by ting =) »

I was going to post again tommorow, but I decided to check for posts before sleeping, so..

@Ice.
No, I don't think your lynch is certain. That sentence is meant to be taken in context - it is in reply of muffin saying that if you're lynched and turn out scum, all the people you've voted for cannot possibly be scum any more. I disagree with that.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:58 am

Post by icemanE »

No, I don't think your lynch is certain. That sentence is meant to be taken in context - it is in reply of muffin saying that if you're lynched and turn out scum, all the people you've voted for cannot possibly be scum any more. I disagree with that.
Ah yes, context is everything
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

I love when scum panic with one vote against them.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by icemanE »

You're a maniac, man. I'm trying to figure out how this game works, relax.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:04 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

icemanE
(3):
SD_Reaper, mrzero, farside22

muffinhead
(1):
Xdaamno

not voting
(5):
icemanE, muffinhead, Rishi, ting =), Twiglees

Lynch at five.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote:
Iceman, you do seem to be playing newbie more than before for the sake of empathy at this point.

Vote: icemanE

I'm aware you're at L-1.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP:

Unvote muffin, Vote icemanE
for my peace of mind.
Cracking Idea Mafia
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:31 am

Post by icemanE »

Iceman, you do seem to be playing newbie more than before for the sake of empathy at this point.

I'm aware you're at L-1.
Haha, man, you're funny. I'm town, kill me and find that out for yourself cause this board is awful.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Twiglees »

I've had a busy few days, I'm going to reread the pages since icemanE joined the game to check my suspicions on him and other players
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

icemanE wrote:

I'm aware you're at L-1.
Haha, man, you're funny. I'm town, kill me and find that out for yourself cause this board is awful.
Alright here is the deal
unvote:

I don't like your comments at this point. You seem frustrated and sarcastic which does not help. I understand this is your first game, but votes go like this to get pressure on a person to see how they react and what they have to say. Please read through the game and see (if you hadn't) anyone you find scummie and why.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Xdaamno wrote:
icemanE wrote:

I'm aware you're at L-1.
This i find quite true so have a look back at his posts this page.

At the top there were THREE posts which started with haha, which is like sd and his lol post.
Then his question which i thought he woudve known considering he is in another game and u can look that up in other games. Just the possiblility he already knew that and was trying to change the conversation.
You're a maniac, man. I'm trying to figure out how this game works, relax
Haha, man, you're funny. I'm town, kill me and find that out for yourself cause this board is awful
u have as farside said fustrated and sarcastic. However i dont know whether that makes him more town or more scum because i know i certainly got fustrated and i was only at L-2.
Show

muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Oh and u should know that we dont hate u whasoever, we just find u most suspicious which is part of the game incaase u didnt know.
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”