Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Rotten Snitch wrote:I was in agreement with the reasoning for the Capri lynch but am against your motives. I did not know the alignment of Capri and when I agreed that he should be more active it was a truthful comment. I did not place my vote because I did not believe he was scum 100%. I do not know the reasons for his inactivity but it did seem as though he was avoiding the majority.
Um, if you thought he was a better lynch at that moment then anyone else seemed to be, you should have voted for him. Period. If you thought someone else would be a better lynch, then you should have been voting for them. The town wins by lynching, and no lynch is ever 100% accurate on day one, to even think it should be is absurd; you just have to do your best.

The fact that you were semi-suppoting the wagon, using wishy washy posts and vauge comments, but never actually joined it, makes me think you're probably scum, since that's a common way for scum to act; they want to lynch a townie, but they don't want to get their own hands dirty in the process.

And yeah, it did seem he was avoiding answering questions, and I was trying to force him to do so. That was the whole point.
What I am attacking you for is the deadline wagon you want day 2.
What the hell? I DON'T WANT A DEADLINE WAGON ON DAY 2. I WANT TO LYNCH SOMEONE BEFORE WE GET TO THAT POINT IF POSSIBLE. People who aren't voting apparently want us to go to a deadline wagon; either that or they want a no-lynch, which is even worse.

Or, is it just that you're attacking me because I think you're scum? Because that's what it looks like.
Everyone else has discussed the mechanics of the deadline and all have agreed that as long as we have conversation, then there is no reason to rush a band wagon.
If "everyone" thinks there's no reason to even start to put a wagon together right now, then "everyone" is wrong. How does it help us to sit around and twiddle our thumbs for another week or two or three without doing anything?
I feel as if we rush a bandwagon then we will be stuck in the same situation as day 1.
We got in that situation on day 1 because no one was willing to commit to a bandwagon until we were like a week past deadline.

IF you don't think you should be lynched, then you need to convince me you're town, or convince me that someone else is scummier then you are. This whole "Oh we shouldn't be bandwagoning anyone because bandwagons might lead to town lynches" thing you're trying to do here is not helping your case.
You can say "There was one thing that could have prevented a Capri lynch, and that would have been Capri defending himself" Well Capri defending himself does not mean he will not be lynched, you were using that as an excuse to join the wagon.
Uh, what? If Capi had defended himself well, I would have left the wagon and found someone I thought looked scummier. He probably would not have been lynched in that case.

Anyway, you don't need an "excuse" to join a wagon. Random lynch is better then a no-lynch, so you should almost always be voting for someone, especally when a deadline is approaching, and you need to be willing to join a wagon even if you're not 100% sure of it if it seems to be the only way the town is likely to get a lynch. That's how a pro-town person should act. Note that that is NOT how you acted; my actions during the Capi wagon, while not perfect, were more helpful to the town then anything you've done all game.
Let me ask you this: if you start a wagon on me and I defend myself will you continue to push it? Or are these just empty words to defend yourself from yesterday?
If you defend yourself well, if convince me you're town, then yes, I'll stop voting for you, absolutly I will. You certanly haven't convinced me you're town yet, in fact your reactions so far have made me more convinced of your scumminess then anything, but it's possible you'll change my mind, people often do.

Of course, I'm more suspicious of you then I ever was of Capi, so your job there is a lot harder then his would have been, but it's in your best interest to try at this point.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Ether »

Day 2, Votecount 7 wrote:2 Mizzy (Skruffs, eldarad)
1 Rotten Snitch (Yosarian2)
1 Skruffs (Y)

5 Unvote (Andycyca, hasdgfas, Mizzy, Rotten Snitch, Zindaras)

9 alive; 5 to lynch.
Stop seizing my tops of the pages. >=(
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Zindaras »

eldarad wrote:No it doesn't. This argument says "we, collectively, failed to lynch scum Yesterday and so individuals who weren't on the Capri wagon don't get a free pass today."
I think it is significant that you have freely admitted that the town, collectively, is responsible for the mislynch. That's something Mizzy was reluctant to concede.
It doesn't really look like her suspicions are based on Day 1 Capri-related actions to me.
No. If you post that you think Yosarian is town and then vote him, your vote will still be genuine.
Then we can look into the motivation behind the vote. All votes are "real" in that they contribute to a lynch.
Yes, but the entire point is that Mizzy, like me, wants to look at the motivations behind the votes, and sees three people making votes that don't look very genuinely motivated.
I see Mizzy using that argument for leverage, even if it is never explicitly stated. It's one of the things I've called her on Today. IIRC, several other players have also called her up on this.
I'm flat-out not seeing this. Could you direct me to the posts that give you this feeling?
Personally, I think we can search for scum more fruitfully amongst those who avoided the Capri wagon (or, indeed, those who bailed out).
That would be Mizzy, Rotten Snitch, and me. Got anything?

A quick skim of Yossy's case on Snitch doesn't really convince me, I'm mostly getting complete newb vibes from him.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Zindaras wrote:But you've put pretty much everyone who bothers you according to this low on your list, that's what bothers me.
So what, I should think that everyone who makes a mistake is scum?
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yes!!! They started questioning each other!!!!!
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Y »

Skruffs wrote:Yes!!! They started questioning each other!!!!!
What are you saying by that?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Zindaras »

Mizzy wrote:
Zindaras wrote:But you've put pretty much everyone who bothers you according to this low on your list, that's what bothers me.
So what, I should think that everyone who makes a mistake is scum?
No, but it seems kinda silly that you say that the whole "not voting for the main suspect" bothered you, and then everyone who did it turns up pretty low on your list.

Y: Skruffs is probably going to say that now he has accused us, we're quaking with fear and have decided to distance.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Mizzy »

Zindaras wrote:No, but it seems kinda silly that you say that the whole "not voting for the main suspect" bothered you, and then everyone who did it turns up pretty low on your list.
I didn't say I thought they were scummy, Zind, I said it bothered me because it was stupid to do.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Zindaras »

Eh, I usually use bother when I'm talking about something I find scummy.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote: A quick skim of Yossy's case on Snitch doesn't really convince me, I'm mostly getting complete newb vibes from him.
Newb, yeah, but more likely newb scum then newb town I think. His day 1 stuff was very wishy washy and noncomittal, makes me feel like he wanted to support the Capi wagon without being a part of it, and the only time he's done anything day 2 has been generally in response to being attacked, and none of it really feels right to me.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Mizzy »

Zindaras wrote:Eh, I usually use bother when I'm talking about something I find scummy.
Don't go holding me to your semantics, mister. I say "bother" when something bothers me, and it doesn't have to mean in what way.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Zindaras »

Mizzy wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Eh, I usually use bother when I'm talking about something I find scummy.
Don't go holding me to your semantics, mister. I say "bother" when something bothers me, and it doesn't have to mean in what way.
You don't have to get all annoyed about it, Mizzy. I don't think you have to say everything the way I do. I'm just saying it the way I see it.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Y »

Zindaras wrote:Y: Skruffs is probably going to say that now he has accused us, we're quaking with fear and have decided to distance.
That's my guess too, but I wanted to hear what he has to say. A response like that is complete WIFOM. I wanted to see if he has something better to say.

Mizzy, you seem to overreact too much (Not necessarily scummy, but overreacting).
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Andycyca »

rereading, sorry for the absence. More in a few hours
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Ether »

Y is about to mark his new vote on the projector paper, when he realizes that the marker is missing. He gives Skruffs a good slap across the face, but Skruffs does not drop the marker. Skruffs does not have the marker.

Neither do Eldarad or Yosarian. You're about to call off your lynching strategy and start searching when someone taps Y on the shoulder. With the marker.

"Hi. I'm Patrick, your friendly backup mod. I see Ether's left on holiday, so I'm taking over for a bit."

"Okay. Hand over the marker."

"No, that's okay," Patrick says. "You don't have to make an effort to accommodate for me. I'll be just as useful as Ether."

"The marker, please."

"But I'm
votecounting!
" Without waiting for a reply, Patrick writes Y's vote onto the projector paper, in a very neat cursive--he even smudges Y's name off of the "Unvote" count and replaces Zindaras's name so there isn't a space. And he dots the I in Zindaras's name. No, seriously. Just as he's adding the last parenthesis, he realizes that everyone is staring at him. "What does Ether normally do, anyway?"

"I think she's at a bar."

"Oh god." Patrick contemplates this illegal and ethically questionable modding practice for a few minutes. "So...you wouldn't mind wrapping this up so
I
can leave early, would you?"

"Nah."

The game is now in deadline. If there are fewer than 5 posts per 24-hour block, you will go to night without a lynch.

Today, deadlines will be checked at 8:00 pm Eastern instead. This is because Patrick is taking over for a week and he occasionally likes to sleep.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Mizzy »

I over-react sometimes, yes, but I do that in all the games I play...it's mainly due to the hormones, to be honest. I'm a terror IRL.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Zindaras wrote: A quick skim of Yossy's case on Snitch doesn't really convince me, I'm mostly getting complete newb vibes from him.
Newb, yeah, but more likely newb scum then newb town I think. His day 1 stuff was very wishy washy and noncomittal, makes me feel like he wanted to support the Capi wagon without being a part of it, and the only time he's done anything day 2 has been generally in response to being attacked, and none of it really feels right to me.
I agree with Yosarian2. This was the feeling I've gotten from him as well. Something is off.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ether wrote:For this dayphase, deadline checks will be made at 8:00 pm Eastern instead of 11:00 pm. (8:00 pm Eastern = starting now.) Starting right now as opposed to giving you a 21-hour extension would be harmless, I think, but I
did
say today's deadline would be made at 11, and I wouldn't want a switch to affect you.

So, um, if I see five posts after this, I'll edit this post into a deadline cutscene. Proceed.
Um, I'm a bit confused by exactally how this works; the days are going to be 11pm-11pm, and we need 6 people to post between that time? Except today it's 8pm saturday-11pm sunday we need 6 people?

Anyway, mostly just posting to try and make sure we have 6 people posting in the Sunday time-frame, if I understand that right.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Y »

Mizzy wrote:I over-react sometimes, yes, but I do that in all the games I play...it's mainly due to the hormones, to be honest. I'm a terror IRL.
I never said it was just here, nor that it's scummy (In fact I said it wasn't necessarily scummy), just that some of your post are overreactions.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Y wrote:
Mizzy wrote:I over-react sometimes, yes, but I do that in all the games I play...it's mainly due to the hormones, to be honest. I'm a terror IRL.
I never said it was just here, nor that it's scummy (In fact I said it wasn't necessarily scummy), just that some of your post are overreactions.
I know, I'm just agreeing with you.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Can we just keep this time schedule? This is 2 am for me, which is doable for staying up if necessary.
Well, yeah, but we're used to people with too many male hormones, not to people with too many female hormones.

Besides, I'm pretty sure you're not a terror in real life. Just terrific. ^_^
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Yosarian2 wrote:Um, I'm a bit confused by exactally how this works; the days are going to be 11pm-11pm, and we need 6 people to post between that time? Except today it's 8pm saturday-11pm sunday we need 6 people?

Anyway, mostly just posting to try and make sure we have 6 people posting in the Sunday time-frame, if I understand that right.
If I'm correct, we don't need six people anymore, but five, since five is the majority now.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by Patrick »

Guys, as backup mod, I'll be keeping an eye on this whilst Ether is on holiday. 5 people have posted since Ether's last post, so you've passed the activity test for this block. All the blocks are from 8pm Eastern to 8pm Eastern now, that's because the old deadline was at 4 am my time, which wasn't convenient. So you've passed for this block, and the next one starts at 8pm Eastern today. The last post has been editted with a cutscene which is dangerously close to being funny.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:08 am

Post by Zindaras »

Rawr!

*pounces on Patsy*

You're all mine! You're not going anywhere! No bars for you!
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Mizzy »

Zindaras wrote:Well, yeah, but we're used to people with too many male hormones, not to people with too many female hormones.

Besides, I'm pretty sure you're not a terror in real life. Just terrific. ^_^
You understand the ancient art of pleasing pissy women!

Anyway, back to scumhunting. I'm still undecided about Rotten Snitch and Skruffs both. As you all might remember, RS had grabbed my attention early on for his and Skruffs' odd dynamic, which started from Skruffs pulling needless RL meta information into the game and RS seemed to feel the need to distance the two of them. Certain things do stand out, especially D2, and I definitely could see a RS/Skruffs pairing. I can also see, though, both of them being annoying pro-towners. That's why they are still "undecided" on my scumdar list.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”