California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Xtoxm »

NabakovNabakov wrote:Wikipedia sez "[Keith] Hernandez may have been the best defensive first baseman in MLB history" So there's a pretty good chance Gorrad was RB.

I would not support jumping to conclusions as to what exactly got people out of the basement, there's just too much chance of confusing our variables. I would like to see what the forthcoming flavor scene has to say.
What have you been getting out of the scenes? I can't make anything of them.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Thesp: 2 (Gaspar, Xtoxm)

Night scene updated.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I don't know why that post came out blank. This is what I said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_(song)

Well, this is the song lyrics from the night scene.

With help of the preview button, I think attepmts to add url's into a post screw it up.

Tag fixed. - Mod
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Xtoxm wrote: What have you been getting out of the scenes? I can't make anything of them.
Well, for one thing I've been scanning for evidence of Mr. Grey's part in all this (At this point I'm unsure as to whether or not his "hospitality" is malicious or merely expedient to the plot). Also, the scene gives a fairly clear indication that FL had a scum role. You also got to wonder how/why exactly so many people managed to get "lost" in various parts of Mr. Grey's house.

Actually playing the game, I see no particular reason to disbelieve the account of what happened in the basement. If one was scum lying, the other townie would have exposed them, and them both being scum seems very unlikely just from the perspective that it would mean Gorrad got completely and unescapably screwed by the setup. The one thing I'm not clear on is the timeframe. How long was OGML able to hammer Gorrad? When in that time did Gorrad claim?

@CKD/OGML: What do you guys have to say about the game so far? What did you talk about in the basement?

Tag fixed. - Mod
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh I get the reveal, but the actual flavoutr itself, I struggle to see meaning in.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:17 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well, flavor wise, I think we are Mr. Grey's amusement.

Nab, we talked about who he thought was scummy (up here) after the Gorrad lynch, but conversation died off

I dont remember exactly (time frame), thus my note to the other "missing group". I think he had a day or two and gave Gorrad plenty of warning. If I recall correctly (and OGML can verfiy) I think Gorrad claimed after I voted him, but before OGML said anything about possibly hammering him (although OGML did say if he was going to vote anyone it was Gorrad, but this was before my vote on Gorrad).

I think Gorrad claimed soon after my vote on him...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:20 am

I need to reread a bit..but I can tell you that reading from the basement, I was getting a strange vibes from volkan. I think this is significant, because I usually get strong town vibes from him, even when he is scum...dont know what in particular sparked it, though....going to reread.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:56 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

CKD wrote: Nab, we talked about who he thought was scummy (up here) after the Gorrad lynch, but conversation died off
Yeah... but who and why?

Treat this like you're a replacement.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I've been getting a consisently pro-town feel from volkan, myself.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:38 am

NabakovNabakov wrote:
CKD wrote: Nab, we talked about who he thought was scummy (up here) after the Gorrad lynch, but conversation died off
Yeah... but who and why?

Treat this like you're a replacement.
please see other post.

I am not sure why vollkan is pinging a Dar(scum?)..his play is different.

I will comment on the thread when I get a chance.

Xtoxm, how many games have you played with vollkan?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

This is the 4th, I think. That doesn't mean I necessarily have a good meta on him. None of my opinion of him is based on meta. If that's what your asking. Which I think it is.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

This is the first PRS LLC ratings report for Day 2, I know you guys are as excited as I am.

PRS LLC Official Ratings:

Sell Now:
None

Sell+:
Thesp, BBMars

Sell:
RogueBen

Hold:
Gaspar

Hold+:
Nab, Niv, SensF, Michael Sableheart, Vollkan

Buy:
None

Buy+:
Xtoxm

Unrated:
Rest

vote Thesp
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I swear less then half the town has posted since day started.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:06 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Apologies for being so late to check in. I was rather busy thursday night and yesterday.
OGML wrote:After the lynch CKD and I just sat around and got to share our views on what was going on upstairs. We were still under the same posting requirements as normal even though there were only two of us.
Interesting... Was Gorrad's alignement revealed to you after you had lynched? What do you remember discussing? Any idea what would have happened if the main thread had lynched before deadline?

I think it's likely that you were returned to the main thread because there was room for you. The remark "they are still fourteen in number" seems significant in this respect.

I can't find any relation between Natalie Maines and SCAPE, except for the words scape goat that seem to be used in relation to the Dixie chicks. There is a music label SCAPE, but it seems to be unrelated. Possibly miller, but likely scum.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:37 am

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: I dont remember exactly (time frame), thus my note to the other "missing group". I think he had a day or two and gave Gorrad plenty of warning. If I recall correctly (and OGML can verfiy) I think Gorrad claimed after I voted him, but before OGML said anything about possibly hammering him (although OGML did say if he was going to vote anyone it was Gorrad, but this was before my vote on Gorrad).
So, how long between claim and hammer? What do you remember of OGML's vote?
CKD wrote: I need to reread a bit..but I can tell you that reading from the basement, I was getting a strange vibes from volkan. I think this is significant, because I usually get strong town vibes from him, even when he is scum...dont know what in particular sparked it, though....going to reread.
Have you determined whether or not this "vibe" has any basis in reality yet?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Rogueben »

Sorry for the lack of posting so far today. I've been flat out.

I don't like the way Xtoxm has come out of the gates today. His attacks against OGML and CKD seem like they have been formed in a very rushed way, without thinking clearly. However, I 'm not sure whether this is just Xtoxm thinking things through before posting, or whether it's him building BS cases.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:42 am

vollkan, between claim and hammer, I really dont recall...if I recall correctly, OGML did wait for sometime (days?) before he hammer. In reference to my vibe (hunch)...not yet, had to post a lengthy case in another thread and need to reread here...this thread is up next and hopefully will get to it soon.

it is more your playstyle is different than I am used to with you. That doesnt mean much, because you have fooled me before as scum (with the same style as town)...but something is different...at any rate, I need to read.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:26 am

Post by BBMars »

Hi there. I'm a bit behind in my reading of this game, and I've been waiting on my other head to pop in to respond to my PM, but it seems he's gone AWOL on us.

I'll be reading up in the near future, but in the meantime, I brought cookies.
Flameaxe + Iammars
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:42 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Why would you need your other head to pop in before you post your thoughts? Sounds like defensive scum machination bullschnitzky to me.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:56 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Thesp wrote:I'm really not jiving with Gaspar's hate on vollkan. Seriously? vollkan as scum is going to deliberately and publically establish rules by which he will avoid voting scummates? (That seems to be the inference being drawn). I think this is a difference in style/method that is being used as a vote, which I would not expect from Gaspar.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:That's why I want you guys to pretend this Condo-fallback option isn't around. Because I want to put pressure on this town to man up and actually lynch somebody with a 50%+ majority instead of lazily falling back on Condorcet.
I agree with this 1000%.

Vote: Gaspar
, Niv, RogueBen, PookyTheMagicalBear, Xtoxm, Machiavellian-Mafia, {(All players not listed)}, SensFan, No Lynch, Thesp
Thesp wrote:(PPE: I'm much more comfortable with Gaspar through the rest of the game.)
Niv, re: Xtoxm/Pooky wrote:Not certain here, i just feel that this whole iscussion culd be staged, which would lead to the conclusion that there is a lik between the tw of you.
Could be != likely to be. (Pooky hits on this as well in the next post.)
Gaspar wrote:A general question to everyone: When you observe a player behaving irrationally, how does that generally affect your interpretation of their alignment?
I try to determine the most likely motivation of the irrational behavior. Oftentimes it is simply poor play, sometimes it's something else.

I like what Gaspar has to say about FaerieLord. A lot. I don't find it more compelling than a Machiavellian-Mafia lynch. I'll try to be around before deadline hits, and I hope lots of other people will be too.

Vote: Machiavellian-Mafia,
MichelSableheart, FaerieLord, BBMars, RogueBen, Xtoxm, {(All players not listed)}, SensFan, No Lynch, Thesp
Thesp wrote:
Gaspar wrote:Thesp, you never explained why you felt the way you did about typical early-game Glork.
I thought I had - it seemed to me that you were trying to leverage actual suspicion out of him (though the tenor of half the post was joking, some of it seemed like you were trying to make an actual issue out of it, which didn't sit right with me).
Gaspar wrote:Also, his blatant over-reaction and his aggressiveness on bandwagoning pooky. Pretty sure he's lurking too.

Vote Volkan
Gaspar wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I hate lists, I hate condorcet
Hi, why are you being dumb?

This is probably :badposting:

Pooky is obv protown, but probably needs to stop acting like a village idiot.
Gaspar wrote:Come to think of it, Thesp, I'm surprised that you're surprised at my response. You
know
that I value gut and reads, that I make suspicion lists, will go after lurkers at times, that I seek to find people who seem protown, that I can be very outlandish at the start of mafia games, and that I will not simply bow to another's requests to explain myeslf unless I darned well feel the need or desire to explain myself. I don't think any of my responses to Voll should have been the least bit unexpected to you.

I'd really like to know what provoked you to vote for me/Primate this time around, when you've
seen
my fickle playstyle in action before.

See, now you've gone and made me post all seriously. Jerk.
Gaspar wrote:Dear Pookaliciousness,

Why do you think I am of the evil variety? Do you simply fear that which you cannot comprehend? Does my awesomeness inspire jealousy within you? I would very much like to know.

XOXO,
Glorkspar
Gaspar wrote:Pooky, Xtox, Niv, and Vollkan are probably protown.
Gaspar wrote:Thesp is gut -- I want to hear more from him before I really come to a decision, but I did think he was worth poking around at.
Gaspar wrote:Thesp, you never explained why you felt the way you did about typical early-game Glork.
Gaspar wrote:I told you Fae wasn't innocent. Motherfucking ninjas and shit. Thesp needs to die today.

Vote: Thesp
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:PRS LLC will formally forecast Gaspar as Anti-town.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:PRS LLC Official Opening Ratings:

Sell Now:
Gaspar
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:PRS LLC has now updated their rating on FL to a SELL rating.
PRS LLC also downgrades Gaspar from Sell Now to Sell+
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Hi FL.

We at PRS LLC have noticed a fine streak of strong writing from you, would you lik to join our fine staff on hand? This is a job offer, your starting position would be junior associate with the firm.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Well Glork, I thought it was fairly obvious the PRS LLC official ratings are a sort of tiered suspciion list.

So if any of those players reaches lynch minus one, I will be moving my vote to hammer.

Sell+:
Gaspar, Mach-Mafia, BBmars
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:This is the first PRS LLC ratings report for Day 2, I know you guys are as excited as I am.

Sell+:
Thesp, BBMars

Hold:
Gaspar

vote Thesp
I smell funky monkeys.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on the unusual song and dance these three have tapped out for us. I have my thoughts, which I'll reserve for the moment.

Also:
FaerieLord wrote:
gaspar wrote:Fae, explain your position on gut and why Niv's use of it is scummy
I don't like whenever gut is used, as I see it as a cop out to reasoning. And again see above.

I know I'm metagaming, but trust me, it seems really off
"Trust me"?

Glork was not busing Faerielord. Faerielord + Niv tell here.

vote: Niv
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:27 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Eh, I can kind of see the distancing (that's what you're implying isn't it?). The way Gaspar fell off Thesp's list but continued to remain high in Pooky's rankings. Gaspar and Pooky fighting over Condorcet/nothing, but I see it as cutting too big a swath on too little information (distancing rarely factors much into identifying scum against two unknowns for me, only reinforcing suspicions and connecting to dead players). Out of the three, Thesp seems the scummiest for bare bones play, posting a Condorcet right after agreeing with Pooky on Condorcet and pushing MM (known town) over FL (known scum) for vague reasoning.

Also, why couldn't FL had been craplogicing Niv-town? Do you distrust his claim?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Gaspar »

I'd becautious to call Fae "known scum." In CT:DiF, there was a "BALCO' role:
Mr. Grey wrote:Role Name: Victor Conte
Alignment: BALCO
Flavor Text: You're not sure how you ended up here... last you remember, you were sitting in a jail cell. But every surprise is a new opportunity...now you've just got to sell some of "the clear" so you can get out of this dump.
Abilities: Each night, you may attempt to sell someone THG. You may include a sales pitch, which will be sent to your target as follows: "A man approaches you and says "[SALES PITCH]". Would you like to buy some of his product and use it?". They will have the first 72 hours of the following day to make their choice.
Secret Word: Your secret word is: badge.
Win Condition: You win if you get three different players to use THG, or if you survive the game.
The mafia was clearly defined as "Parisian Mafia." I'm not yet willing to look at Fae's hypothetical scumbuddies just yet -- I think we may be jumping the gun.

On another note, Pooky, I'd love to see an explanation on your flip-flop regarding me. You aren't by any chance trying to get on my good side, are you?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Point taken, though her character
was
defined as "the lowest of the low, a vile pox on our society".
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

If I wanted to get on your good side, I'd be ranting up and down that you should die because you are a dirty dirty scumbag.

I know you love it when I talk dirty to you.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Gaspar »

I still want to know why I moved down to Hold and why Thesp slid to Sell+.

I am assuming you have reasons for these changes. Am I mistaken in said assumption?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”