Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay sorry about the delay. I think I caught up in all my game now.
Reading what is going on I'm still not a fan of SD. He pointed out once again a Rishi Spz connection based on one comments. It looks desperate. Iceman doesn't win any points with me for his wishy washy attitude on his vote and unvote. Looks damn fishy and scummie as hell. Muffinhead you have moved up in my book and I no longer find you suspicious. Congrats. (LOL).
What is going on with ting. I really don't have a good read on him. He comes in and makes comments that just seem like someone repeating what others had said.
Rishi: I notice you haven't really said much, but done a lot IC wise. Do you have your top suspects in mind. I appreciate the fact that you haven't quick voted and let people state there peace. I have a good vibe from you as well.
Top suspects:
SD
Iceman
Ting
Pro town
Muffin
Rishi
Undecided
well everyone not mentioned.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:06 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

I'm pretty sure those are our two, but I'm enough of a noob to be nervous about to putting SD_Reaper at L-1

Well, if its definitely not both of us, it has to be one or the other, as how we both are convinced that the other is mafia. This early on, i doubt it is a good idea to try and knock off a fellow mafia member. I think that one persons innocence will confirm the the other persons guilt. So if we did lynch him and he is confirmed mafia you can be pretty sure that i am town.

BTW, I like your avartar almost as much as Iceman's, I used "the cake is a lie" as the title for one of my presentations in school lol. PORTAL FTW!!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Rishi »

farside22 wrote: Rishi: I notice you haven't really said much, but done a lot IC wise. Do you have your top suspects in mind. I appreciate the fact that you haven't quick voted and let people state there peace. I have a good vibe from you as well.
I do. I think SD_Reaper is likely scum. That's not an original thought. I agree that muffinhead has been playing better, but his early play seemed so scummy that it's hard for him to recover from that. He might just be learning to cover his tracks better. Those would be my two picks for scum. I actually have a fairly positive feeling about IcemanE, but no solid reasoning for it.

If the scum are others in the game, well, they are playing extremely well.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:19 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Reading what is going on I'm still not a fan of SD. He pointed out once again a Rishi Spz connection based on one comments. It looks desperate.
Well, I dont what else to say. Im kinda getting frustrated that everyone keeps thinking im scum. And me pointing out that connection, isnt desperate, its decisiveness. Im not wishy-washy and i dont usually take things back. If im really number one on yours and another persons scum list then this gonna bad for town.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Rishi »

Actually...

Vote: SD_Reaper

I especially don't like his post, which could be distancing where he's trying to set himself up as a confirmed townie if IcemanE is scum. Seems fishy even though I think IcemanE is town.

Plus there's this little gem from just a few minutes ago:
SD_Reaper wrote:If im really number one on yours and another persons scum list then this gonna bad for town.
An appeal to emotion, rather than logic, is often a scumtell.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:58 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Maybe Im just playing this game badly. But even if i get lynched or killed I want town to win. And lynching a townie and having anothe rkilled at night is gonna be detrimental to town. Therefore, as much as i hate to do it this early. I am town and claim a power role. I am the doctor, although this probably seals my fate, we have a better chance of lynching scum. So someone unvote before this valuable information goes to waste.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Rishi »

Unvote

That was the right thing to do, SD, if you really are the doctor.

If SD is lying, and there is a real doctor in the house, then now is the time to counterclaim.

In any case, let's not lynch anyone until we can talk this out.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:50 am

Post by icemanE »

Wait a minute, what is this claim nonsense? Can I just claim to be town right now since I am? What the hell? Why would you believe him or me?
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:01 am

Post by muffinhead »

Rishi wrote:Actually...

Vote: SD_Reaper

I especially don't like his post, which could be distancing where he's trying to set himself up as a confirmed townie if IcemanE is scum. Seems fishy even though I think IcemanE is town.

Plus there's this little gem from just a few minutes ago:
SD_Reaper wrote:If im really number one on yours and another persons scum list then this gonna bad for town.
An appeal to emotion, rather than logic, is often a scumtell.
Unvote

That was the right thing to do, SD, if you really are the doctor.

If SD is lying, and there is a real doctor in the house, then now is the time to counterclaim.

In any case, let's not lynch anyone until we can talk this out.
I dont know whther this is really good or really bad. An ic immdiatly unvoting however for the right feelings. However it got plenty of information out and important info as well. This is where i wish i was an ic cause i could answer that question for myself.

Maybe Im just playing this game badly. But even if i get lynched or killed I want town to win. And lynching a townie and having anothe rkilled at night is gonna be detrimental to town. Therefore, as much as i hate to do it this early. I am town and claim a power role. I am the doctor, although this probably seals my fate, we have a better chance of lynching scum. So someone unvote before this valuable information goes to waste
Sd i must say u have done a very good thing and i will explain on day2 my reasons. Also I think Sd needs so kind of reward now that officialy everyone in this game has at some stage voted for him lol.

Anyway I am no longer concered about sd and icemane, because after this doctor thing we will have preety much all the info we can out of them and considering there it is impossible for them to be scum partners i am looking towards most experienced players.

Let look at the ics

rishi
faside
xdaamo
ting (i c him as one)

Now one of these and mrzero r scum. (maybe 2 of them but highly doubt)
I explained my reasonsings on the previous page.

To me ting looks most sus cause he hasnt really been around and since he has he hasnt made the best defense/explination.

However I feel vibes coming from X (well i felt like the for most of this game) but most recently

Direct questions like this are hard to answer. I don't have anyone I'm convinced is scum at this point. My vote isn't on you for any good reason at the moment, if it is.
The whole post is fine except for the first sentence which i hate. A question is a question i get asked them u get asked them everyone does. U have somthing against me asking questions when its for the sake of information considering its the only post in 2 pages.
U also said that u usually have a clear idea of who scum is but u dont. I wouldnt be suprisd if that makes u scum.

Anyways farside and ting, i apologise if i have rushed u however i dont have enough info to make an asumption and that is the reason i have been asking for u to post more offten

ps, congrates to faside for being pregnat if its true and thanks for making me look terrible trying to hurry a pregnat girl to come on a game for fun lol.
ok gtg, didnt read, ask me questions if nesscessary.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Twiglees »

Well, IF SD_Reaper is the Doctor; that reduces out number of possible role variations down to two, the 1 goon, 1 roleblocker 1 cop and 1 doc option and 2 goons and 1 doc option. (Only listing power roles to save time). Now, this theoretically helps the mafia in determining what they currenly have based on their own composition. SD, you did a good thing their which, if true, has flung this game up in the air, I shall
unvote
for now and read over tomoorrow as it 25 to Midnight here
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
mrzero
mrzero
Townie
mrzero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:45 am

Post by mrzero »

muffinhead wrote:[
Let look at the ics

rishi
faside
xdaamo
ting (i c him as one)

Can I ask why you're calling me scum?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:54 am

Post by farside22 »

icemanE wrote:Wait a minute, what is this claim nonsense? Can I just claim to be town right now since I am? What the hell? Why would you believe him or me?
There is a big difference between doctor and a townie. Anyone can claim townie, but there is only one doctor.
Unvote:
vote: IcemanE

Someone is looking to be lynching quickly.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

Right now i am still debating on what i did was a good idea or not. Because this limits the possible senarios. The scum know right now that if they have a roleblocker then there is a cop. If there is no roleblocker than there is no cop. Although we have saved one townie, the mafia currently have more information than us town. I hope i did the right thing.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

icemanE
(3):
SD_Reaper, mrzero, farside22

SD_Reaper
(1):
icemanE

muffinhead
(1):
Xdaamno

not voting
(4):
muffinhead, Rishi, ting =), Twiglees

Five!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by icemanE »

There is a big difference between doctor and a townie. Anyone can claim townie, but there is only one doctor.
Unvote:
Right, but does everyone actually believe SD? Can't I say I'm the doctor too? Is there any real authenticity to that, as in, can the mod say "No, you aren't the doctor." Or are we just to make up our minds as to whether or not what he's saying is true? (Keep in mind that this is my first game so I am genuinely looking for an answer)

If the mod is NOT allowed to disprove his claim, I think he's lying to save himself. His tone has completely changed now that he has "claimed". This post:
Right now i am still debating on what i did was a good idea or not. Because this limits the possible senarios. The scum know right now that if they have a roleblocker then there is a cop. If there is no roleblocker than there is no cop. Although we have saved one townie, the mafia currently have more information than us town. I hope i did the right thing.
That just sounds like BS. "Us town". I think its bull.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by icemanE »

farside22 wrote:
icemanE wrote:Wait a minute, what is this claim nonsense? Can I just claim to be town right now since I am? What the hell? Why would you believe him or me?
Unvote:

Additionally, how in God's name does this imply that I'm looking to lynch quickly? Did you pick the wrong quote or something?
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

@IcemanE
No the mod cannot tell you that i am doctor. But there are two ways I can give people confirmation that I am doctor.

1. See if anyone will counter claim. If no one does then my claim is legitamate unless it's one of the two senarios with no doctor. I doubt anyone will counterclaim because i really am the doctor, but by all means someone come out if you wish to challenge me.

2. I will be the first nightkill since i am a townie with a "power role". My death will prove my claim. If i somehow survive night one (which i doubt it) then feel free to vote me out.

In the meantime, i suggest we turn our attention towards Iceman. Everything he says is suspicious to me. I am 99% sure that he is scum. His massive amount of voting and unvoting. Putting me on and off of lynch one. Mistakes with peoples names. Not even considering the fact that im doctor (not asking questions or considering other people). Everything- they all point to scum to me. Im almost positive that it is him.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by muffinhead »

mrzero wrote:
muffinhead wrote:[
Let look at the ics

rishi
faside
xdaamo
ting (i c him as one)

Can I ask why you're calling me scum?
I c what u thought i meant but i never said u were scum i said u were part of the list because the person u replaced Snailman had experienced and would be part of the list. The wording of it looked wrong so i c what u were thinking.

Also icemane I believe what he said because if hes wrong and ur town ice, then hes gone next. Also Sd cant lie so thats y i believe him.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Rishi »

SD_Reaper wrote: 1. See if anyone will counter claim. If no one does then my claim is legitamate unless it's one of the two senarios with no doctor. I doubt anyone will counterclaim because i really am the doctor, but by all means someone come out if you wish to challenge me.

2. I will be the first nightkill since i am a townie with a "power role". My death will prove my claim. If i somehow survive night one (which i doubt it) then feel free to vote me out.
He is exactly right. We don't necessary believe him out of hand, but the risk of lynching the doctor is too great. The doctor is also too powerful for the Mafia to allow to live.

Yes, there is a possibility that the Mafia will not kill the doctor and then say, "Oh, look. He's not dead. He must be lying." But then the people who advance that argument will be obvious.

In the absence of a counterclaim, we need to believe the claim.

And SD, you were about to get lynched. I think claiming was the right move. Your analysis was dead-on. It does give the Mafia an advantage, but, if we lynched you, they would've found out that we had a doctor anyway, and would've gotten a free townie kill.

I don't necessarily like the piling on IcemanE. Yeah, we should pressure him, but some skepticism isn't necessarily all bad. Plus, he's a newbie. Most of us are familiar what to do in the face of a claim, but most people are here to learn.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by icemanE »

1. See if anyone will counter claim. If no one does then my claim is legitamate unless it's one of the two senarios with no doctor. I doubt anyone will counterclaim because i really am the doctor, but by all means someone come out if you wish to challenge me.

Wow. I had no idea that's the way the doctor role worked. I think you're legit, since you've basically written you're own death sentence. Thanks for the info, that puts things in perspective. But why did you play so much like scum? You're killing me!

unvote
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Rishi »

Yeah, the doctor can't protect himself. He's likely dead if he's telling the truth.
mrzero
mrzero
Townie
mrzero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by mrzero »

Rishi wrote:In the absence of a counterclaim, we need to believe the claim.
Unless SD is scum, lieing and trying to save himself. After all if someone else piped up with 'I'm really the Doctor' then even if we did lynch SD the other claimer dies.

This is game is much more confusing than I thought it would be.

@Muffin,
thank you for clarifying.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:13 am

Post by Rishi »

mrzero wrote:
Rishi wrote:In the absence of a counterclaim, we need to believe the claim.
Unless SD is scum, lieing and trying to save himself. After all if someone else piped up with 'I'm really the Doctor' then even if we did lynch SD the other claimer dies.
Yeah, but then the real doctor knows, for a fact, that SD is lying and is letting scum go free. It's worth trading a power role for a guarantee of catching at least one scum.

Remember, the town wins or loses as a team. There are no extra points for survival.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:48 am

Post by ting =) »

@farside.
farside wrote:What is going on with ting. I really don't have a good read on him.
He comes in and makes comments that just seem like someone repeating what others had said.
I quite disagree with the italicized. When the game started, I asked questions to spark as much discussion as I could. I was one of the first, if not the first, to mention suspicions on muffin and sd_reaper. I've changed my opinion on muffin halfway through the game and gave my reasons for it. In light of sd's recent claim, I'm also changing my view on him.

@muffin.

I'm flattered, but I don't quite think I'm up to ic standard yet. That said, I disagree with your analysis. Why don't you think that two of the ic's could be the scum? Or two of the newer people? If it's because of your post 250, have you considered the possibility of bussing and sucking up?

Why do you think I'm the most suspect? From what I can tell, the bone you're picking with me is that I haven't posted much and given everyone much to get a read on me. I apologize and intend to rectify that, ask me questions, tell me what you want me to post on.

-------------

On the general situation - In light of the claim, I'm obviously against an SD lynch and propose we look at the other candidates. There's always the possibility of him being scum fake claiming, but even then, we can still catch his partner among the others if we look hard enough.

Rishi is right that a counter claim now will lead to a doctor-scum exchange, which will benefit the town more than it hurts us, but seeing as how he's just said it, the scum, if sd_reaper is telling the truth, have just been warned not to fakeclaim. Were you aware of that Rishi?

So, if SD really is the doctor, there's really no more chance of a counter claim.

If SD is scum who is lying, he might be banking on the 50% chance that the game has no doctor (Only 2 of the 4 possible setups have a doctor). If one of the other players is the doctor, I urge you to claim. If no one counterclaims, I'm going to assume that SD really is the doctor instead of assuming that he's scum lying - whether he lives or dies through the night.

SD and Rishi's posts on the matter are just setting up for possible day 2 wifom trouble. SD seems genuine about his claiming though.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Rishi »

ting =) wrote:Rishi is right that a counter claim now will lead to a doctor-scum exchange, which will benefit the town more than it hurts us, but seeing as how he's just said it, the scum, if sd_reaper is telling the truth, have just been warned not to fakeclaim. Were you aware of that Rishi?
This is a newbie game, and so most people are here to learn. I normally wouldn't lay out the possibilities so bluntly in a regular game, but I want to demonstrate the thought processes that every player should be going through when confronted with a situation like this. Isn't that the purpose of having ICs in the game?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”