Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Dizzy, I can't tell if you genuinly believe this, or if you made a slip and have to stand by it...But you don't lynch the claimed cop to test if he's telling the truth...Especially not when he's claimed a guilty.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

And if he's lying we'd know right away after night, cos the real would be NKed at night.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

neko2086 wrote:OK, so explain the way you're looking at it so I can understand your point of view.
I just don't think dragging out day is advantageous. I don't like it when a lynch has been decided on and then people start unvoting and saying "Oh we need to talk before we lynch him".
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Why not? More talking is always better for town, because it allows anyone who might be NKed that Night the chance to leave some more detailed thoughts behind (though that doesn't apply too much to this situation since we all but know who will be NKed), and it gives scum more oppurtunities to slip up in total, as well as more chances to slip up while the to-be-NKed player is around to notice it.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh talk is good...But I don't think days should be too long. I think it's better if you have a 3/4 week deadline, not days dragging on for ages. And I think once a lynch has being decided, it should jsut be put through. I think sometimes a little twighlight talk can help, but don't think days should be dragged out like this.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Without beating everyone with a stick and making them make some kind of committed opinion of the days events (and the value of that is actually decreasing), I dont think you are going to get much of scum slipping up further from this point.
I'd say end the day. If you have something that needs said, put it out there and lets get this done.
I would still lynch Dizzy tomorrow.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Snix »

if, by some stroke of luck, you survive night are you going to investigate dizzy?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

If he survives night he is scum.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Snix wrote:if, by some stroke of luck, you survive night are you going to investigate dizzy?
I'll investigate ThAdmiral again :wink:
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Xtoxm wrote:Dizzy, I can't tell if you genuinly believe this, or if you made a slip and have to stand by it...But you don't lynch the claimed cop to test if he's telling the truth...Especially not when he's claimed a guilty.
It's not a "slip". Lynching either of them would confirm the claim. I still think Ecto is more likely to be scum than ThAdmiral, so we'd be better off lynching him and getting scum out of the way today, rather than lynchingThAdmiral to find out he's innocent. But, I seem to be in a minority of one on that one. So...
vote: ThAdmiral[/].

If he's a cop, Ecto better investigate me tonight. I'd rather like to avoid being lynched on the basis of a misread if he survives.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Your status in my mind keeps slipping.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Excellent. I'm sure the scum will thank you for that later. :)

I screwed up...
vote: ThAdmiral
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Scigatt »

That's L-2...really, all I'm waiting for is the Mod to show up(where is he?). However, I will vote ThAdmiral regardless on the 23rd(or 21st) if he doesn't show up.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:44 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

The fact that ThAdmiral has been posting elsewhere but not here is rather galling. It makes him seem more guilty, which is bad news for those of us on the "Ecto is scum" wagon (ie. me...)
Show
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

Ectomancer wrote:Without beating everyone with a stick and making them make some kind of committed opinion of the days events (and the value of that is actually decreasing), I dont think you are going to get much of scum slipping up further from this point.
I'd say end the day. If you have something that needs said, put it out there and lets get this done.
Mm, in a situation with a confirmed scum it's different, but in general this is not the case, and it seemed that Xtoxm was making a broad argument.

Dizzy is still looking worse every post, and I didn't think she could get much worse.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Marmalade »

unvote, vote: ThAdmiral

Don't really see any reason to keep this going any longer, to be honest.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Cephrir wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:Without beating everyone with a stick and making them make some kind of committed opinion of the days events (and the value of that is actually decreasing), I dont think you are going to get much of scum slipping up further from this point.
Mm, in a situation with a confirmed scum it's different, but in general this is not the case,
and it seemed that Xtoxm was making a broad argument.

Dizzy is still looking worse every post, and I didn't think she could get much worse.
I dont disagree with the bolded part.

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:25 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Does that mean you disagree with the unbolded parts? :p
Show
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Dizzy, nothing you can say today or tomorrow would prevent me from lynching you, however, if by a slim chance you are town, here is my suggestion:

Just because you are the lynch tomorrow doesn't mean that the day needs to be short. I think you should completely give up trying to defend yourself.
Take the lead tomorrow scum hunting. Find the scum. When you die, if you turn up town, they can go back and read what you had to say and give it the credence it deserves. You can die knowing you did your best.

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:10 am

Post by neko2086 »

good advice

vote: thAdmiral

It's becoming clear we're not going to get anything else accomplished today.
In Tartiflette We Trust
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:17 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Ectomancer wrote:Dizzy, nothing you can say today or tomorrow would prevent me from lynching you, however, if by a slim chance you are town, here is my suggestion:

Just because you are the lynch tomorrow doesn't mean that the day needs to be short. I think you should completely give up trying to defend yourself.
Take the lead tomorrow scum hunting. Find the scum. When you die, if you turn up town, they can go back and read what you had to say and give it the credence it deserves. You can die knowing you did your best.
The sad thing is, that's probably true of the rest of them, and I'd really rather they catch scum tomorrow. Since the only read I had was you/Yvonne = scum, then I'm screwed in terms of defending myself. :(
Show
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by klebian »

i have been busy, vote count/stuff later
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

I'm fairly sure that was a lynch, kleb. At least, according to other people's statements, anyway. Uh... are there rules about twighlight posting, or can we keep looking for scum while we wait?
Show
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

EBWOP: Ah, according to the rules...
klebian wrote:4. Once a player or no lynch hits a majority, it is Twilight. Talking can continue until the thread is locked.
Excellent.
Show
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Xtoxm »

So can we get this lynch through guys?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”