SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:08 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

If I just go by what people have going for them,
I didn't say do that. I said try to take both sides of the equation into account, rather than just what goes against them.
I see you conveniently left out the part where I said we've had discussion for awhile
Actually, I took that into account, but just cause we've had discussion doesn't mean we couldn't use more discussion. Besides, you just replaced. Different people adds different elements to the discussion.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:25 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

fos: Nanook

He's just 1 vote from the lynch now because of your vote. I hardly think you gave enough time for him to explain himself...especially since you voted him after his second post.

I can't see why Viking is scum...yes jolle was acting strange but still viking was just sharing his view on the discussion. If you're all going to vote him just because he's trying to pick out the person thats scum thats not very fair is it. also SO if you say that you have cleared Massive just by your word then by the same token I am also cleared because my role was revealed for all to see. In fact my claim would still be more believable than yours.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:34 pm

He's just 1 vote from the lynch now because of your vote.
Wrong. Last vote count he was on 3. You unvoted, I confirmed my vote that was already on him, Nanook voted. He's still on 3, needing 5 to lynch.
also SO if you say that you have cleared Massive just by your word then by the same token I am also cleared
I'm perfectly prepared to accept you as being cleared - for now, at least.
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:10 am

Post by Herbert West »

Once again, apologies, but I'm off for a couple of days. If the network
connection works (they assure me it does) I'll be in and out, but
otherwise I'll be back on Monday.
Remember kids, animals are a tasty alternative to tofu.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:46 am

Post by vikingfan »

Time to roleclaim. I am an apprentice inventor. Now that Fishbulb is dead, I am the new inventor.(for more info, see the list of roles on mafiascum.net)

Also, I can't really see Jolle as being suspicious because it appears that he forgot about mafia not only in this thread but in the other one(the Dutch mafia in Theme Park) as well. So I don't see how that figures into it.

But I still think massive is the most suspicious.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:15 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

hmmm, I dunno somehow I think that role is a bit...unorthodox simply because there hasn't been any other backup roles in this entire game. No one has claimed a backup as such yet.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:06 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Especially as vikingfan claimed the person who died most recently, meaning he hasn't taken any verifiable actions yet. It's possible, I suppose, but I don't believe it.

vote: vikingfan
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:09 am

Post by Thoth »

Sorry for not posting for a while. I've been sick for the last few days (stil not fully recovered) and have not accessed the site much.

I think I'm the only one that has not roleclaimed yet. With vikingfan being close to a lynch lynch it seems to be the right time to do so now. (Btw I think it's 11 alive and 6 to lynch. That's also what's said in the last night scene, but not in the vote count).

I'm a priest, which means I'm basically a regular townie, but I cannot cast the final vote during the day. Best way to test it would be to let vikingfan get one away from lynch (after the mod confirms whether it's 5 or 6 to lynch just to make sure) and then let me put up the next one which should not count.

I'm not sure whether we should lynch him. If his role is as it says on the website we might be able to test it by just letting him create an item tonight and let him give it to someone.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:02 am

Post by vikingfan »

If you guys want to test me, you can. Just let me survive the lynch and I can give an item to someone(likely BB since he seems to be the most considered innocent).

IMO, we should try to see how many claims we can test now. Thoth and I have roles that can be verified. What other claims here can we verify through a test?
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:04 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I do not mind testing Thoth today, nor waiting until tomorrow to prove vikingfan's role.
I am very hesitant to lynch BB, Herbert West, and MGIA. The two former because their roles have basically been publically revealed without a counter claim and the latter because of my own personal investigation.
I am mildly hesitant to lynch Fuldu (who technically has not fully claimed but I think can be deduced), morpheus, SO, and massive. Morpheus because the other half to the searching townie seems reasonable and not countered, and Fuldu, SO, and massive because due to SO's thefts, it'd be hard for any of them to claim a lie without the other two being on it, or at the very least SO.
Nanook seems like the weakest link. His posts have been less than useful and his claim is...just more of the same. I think he was the last one claim an info role.
I shall keep my vote where it is for now so we can see a VOTE COUNT PLEASE and test Thoth's role.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:31 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Otaku, I would not say that I am the least contributer to this game, yes I did miss a whole lot of time there that wasn't planned, but if you look at it it is you who is the least contributer. Whenever you post which isn't that often, you maybe write a sentence or two, besides this most current one. Also, the reason why I was the last to claim is when all the claiming was going on, I was not around, but as soon as I got back, I believe that I claimed not too long after.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:18 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Vote Count:

Vikingfan -4- (Otaku376, SinisterOverlord, Nanookthewolf, Fuldu)
Massive -1- (Vikingfan)
Banana Bob -1- (Massive)
Herbert West -1- (Mr_Gnome_It_All)

Not voting -4- (Banana Bob, Herbert West, Morpheus, Thoth)

6 to lynch!!! Sorry
Last edited by Yoko Kurama on Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:39 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I think the part of the problem is poor activity perpetuates poor activity. For instance MGIA hasn't posted in a month.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:59 pm

Viking is scum.

Didn't Yoko say at the start of this that everyone would have a night action? A replacement defies that. Not to mention that it's a replacement of a very uncommon role - highly unlikely - which has most likely been picked cause it was the most recent one lynched and so he wouldn't have to have done anything.

On the same note, I don't buy Thoth's claim either. But it's far more likely than Viking's.

And Yoko - could we have a prod on MGIA and anyone else who hasn't posted in a long time?
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:40 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

Actually I think thoth is more scum than Viking, although I'm not denying that Viking can be scum. However I see thoth as more scum because he has NO night action and everyone has a night action of some sort...whether it is helpful or not.

vote: Thoth
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:14 am

Post by massive »

OK so let's lynch one now and the other tomorrow. I'm all for lynching Thoth now because, in the odd chance that either of their claims are true, I'd rather keep an inventor than a priest.

unvote Banana Bob, vote Thoth
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:18 am

Post by vikingfan »

Didn't Yoko say at the start of this that everyone would have a night action? A replacement defies that. Not to mention that it's a replacement of a very uncommon role - highly unlikely - which has most likely been picked cause it was the most recent one lynched and so he wouldn't have to have done anything.
Maybe I missed it because I'm a replacement, but exactly when was this stated? I looked at the opening series of posts by Yoko and all it said was IF you have a night action, get it in. Not necessarily that everyone does.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:30 am

Post by Otaku376 »

Pops was a fool. I don't think he had a night choice, just a posting restriction.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:54 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I'll join, since I can't seem to get across otherwise ...
Unvote: Vikingfan
and
Vote: Thoth

No need to wait for a claim as that's been done already I believe, but maybe a defense, I'll let you guys decide.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:35 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

hmmm, otaku makes a good point, but I'm still a bit edgy with his role. I think both viking and Thoth are rather suspicious atm. personally I'd rather see a townie lynched than an apprentice inventor lynched.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:42 pm

That's true. We don't really lose anything beyond a person if he's telling the truth.

Unvote: Vikingfan, Vote:Thoth
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:01 pm

Post by Thoth »

What kind of reason for a lynch is that? Let's just lynch a townie (with a testable disability no less) instead of someone suspicious. That will really help the town.
I think both viking and Thoth are rather suspicious atm.
Then please tell me why I'm suspicious? Because I have no night action? Yoko clearly took most if not all of his roles from the role section on this site. And because I'm the unlucky one with not night action I should be lynched? That's just complete bullshit.
SO wrote: We don't really lose anything beyond a person if he's telling the truth
Not really, just another townie and another day in which we don't lynch scum, plus another night in which we lose another townie.

Maybe you could just look at my posts instead of focusing on the lack of a night ability. I was for instance the one starting the bandwagon on ID and one of the players to keep his vote on him to get him deadline lynched. If I was in league with him I could just have unvoted shortly before the deadline (like BB did) and he would not have been lynched.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:04 am

Post by vikingfan »

While I'm suspicious of the whole 'must have night ability' since Pops didn't have a night abilty(at least according to BB), I think Thoth looks suspicious.

And I'm still curious as to why some people believe so strongly that EVERYONE must have a night ability because I just don't see that in the into set of posts. I'm a little suspicious here.

Anyway, for all the reasons already listed,
unvote Massive
and
vote Thoth
. The priest thing just seems fishy. I believe we are now at 5 with one more to lynch(and Thoth has already responded, although he can respond again).
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:28 am

Post by Fuldu »

If the vote count is right, and I haven't checked, so I don't know, Thoth can prove his ability by voting for himself and then unvoting in the same post. That ought to satisfy the same set of criteria he suggested for proof, but also allows us to handily get rid of him if he's lying.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:30 am

Post by Thoth »

Thoth wrote: Anyway, for all the reasons already listed,
And those reason are? I can still only find the no night ability and you just said you're not convinced by that one, yet you still vote me.

I'll follow Fuldu and vote + unvote myself to prove my priestness.

vote:Thoth
unvote:Thoth

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”