Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

Emp wrote:You might understand me better if you don’t take my phrases out of context.
Emp wrote:darkdude- honestly, I’m skeptical of him being with Cephrir/Akonas, which is the primary reason I’m hesitating against him right now.
"Primary reason" indicates to me that you're putting a lot of stock in that you don't think he's scum with me or Akonas, meaning that you've already assumed one of us is scum (and I do believe you're right, but that's not the point), and thus are basing your (non)suspicion of dd on who he might be paired with. I can understand that VoD asked you about it, but you're putting more stock in it and seem to be leaving your hypothetical scenario.
I’m not voting based on pairings- you’re my top suspect independently. I wouldn’t vote darkdude under the assumption that you are guilty and Akonas innocent any more than I would vote Akonas under the assumption that you are guilty and darkdude innocent.
Good. It's pretty useless.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

darkdude wrote:
As far as I see, you haven't done it yet.
I'm pretty sure I did already. But anyways:

Talitha made some weird post restating the same thing in three consecutive posts
I point out weird behaviour (weird, not necessarily scummy)
QF says I was being mean

Which of course made no sense at all. When I talked about it she was still under the impression that I was being mean and telling talitha to "drop everything and play mafia".

I assumed everyone remembered so I didn't rewrite this in the last posts.
Then why haven't you mentioned me at all?
I did, but that was prior to this case. You were inactive and only popped up when people suggested that you were lurking. Not as scummy as QF, so I put her as my main suspect.
As far as I can tell, QF can get emotional, and that's not really indicative of scum. Appealing to emotion is scummy, but having feelings and wanting people to "play nice" isn't that scummy. Defending another player can be buddying up to a townie. I could buy that. But it's not something you can definitively prove, and not really a good enough reason to lynch someone -- IMO. It would need to be combined with something else.

If you have continued to think QF is scum since way back when, why haven't you been questioning her more, or trying to pick on other things she's said? Just keeping your vote on someone doesn't amount to much pressure when there is so much else going on. Or why haven't you looked at other people? There has got to be more than one scum.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Crub »

Fifteenth Vote Count of Day 2

darkdude (3):
Talitha, Pink Puppy, vikingfan
QuantumFruit (1):
darkdude
vikingfan (1):
Akonas
Cephrir (1):
EmpTyger
Akonas (1):
Cephrir

Not Voting (3):
thevampireofdusseldorf, QuantumFruit, windkirby

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

windkirby has been prodded.
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Crub »

You all take a short break from the frenzied finger pointing to notice the cows moving in the far paddock. Like clockwork at the same time every morning and evening they make their way to the dairy for milking. It takes you a moment to realise the significance of their methodical movement, today is almost over. With this sudden realisation you all agree that the time has come to make a decision, no matter how hard it is.

This day is now deadlined for 28/4 @ 1:00am GMT (just over 2 Weeks from this post), if posting returns to the previous level or enough people request it then the deadline may be lifted, or extended.
Moo?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

If no one seconds my Cephrir vote within 24 hours, I will switch to darkdude.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:12 am

Post by QuantumFruit »

darkdude wrote: @ QF

The original case was that you said I was "being mean" when there was no such action done by me against talitha. Sounded like just a good excuse to try to get me off her case.

And no, the last part of my last post means that I'm suspicious of you because the town's main suspect Cephrir (and myself, but as said previously of course suspecting myself would be nonsensical) doesn't seem scummy to me. That leaves only you. I did not imply any association between you two.

I had augmented my case - your tone (as I picked up) was mean, but upon further inspection, I realized it was not what you were saying, but my perception of how you said it. In any case, you were by no means compassionate and your accusations were poorly founded. Because of this, I felt the need to get on your case. Had you presented fully-formed arguments against Talitha for anything whatsoever, I would be pleased as pie.

As for your last statement, you're basically saying that you must be suspicious of someone and since you're latching on to Cephrir for whatever reason, you need to pick an alternate target. Due to brilliant theories of complete OMGUS, you have chosen to target me. Or, are you saying Talitha and I are scum-buddies and I was defending her?

---

The rest I will respond to when I get home. Bye now.
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:45 am

Post by windkirby »

I apologize for having to be prodded, everyfolk. As my sig indicates, I was gone for a while, and I wanted to take the time to catch up before posting.

At any rate, EmpTyger, I will oblige.
vote: Cephrir
I was cop in my first game (newbie 559) and I acted a lot like darkdude is acting. Not to say that he's cop, but I don't feel that newbie play is a very strong lead IMO. So therefore, I will vote Cephrir, mostly due to his inconsistent playing style and a slight gut feeling, though I reserve the right to change it.

You see, I do believe that one can find a lot of information by looking at the first few pages, where scum are least accustomed, and with this in mind, I noticed that on page two, QuantumFruit made an odd post:
QuantumFruit wrote:
Unvote, Vote: windkirby

He totally just OMGUS-ed Akonas. Plus, I'm defending my man. :lol: (Yes, I'm purposefully embarrassing you, dear.)

Also, he came up on darkdude's dice roll the first time he did it. The dice are never wrong.

And if that's not enough reason, he's in two of my minis as well!
In this post, she does not vote for the first time: she switches her vote from someone else to me, the person who already has two votes on him, and gives excessive reasoning. Now, I already said that I didn't find it suspicious, I know, but on second glance, it seems very unnatural, especially seeing as how when DarkDude calls her out on it, she calls his logic convoluted and his point weak, (Cephrir, by the way, agrees) when in reality I think it's a rather good one. This with her slight exaggeration on DD's "meanness" create two slight slips in her otherwise flawless play. While I'm afraid I can't be certain that either Cephrir or QF are scum, their slightly sporratic behavior raised a red flag.

So really, I'm on the fence between the two inconsistents. I'm voting for Cephrir, but I may change it to QF.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

So, you're voting me because you think dd might be a cop, even though he probably would have claimed by now if he was, not to mention that I didn't know that holding onto weak suspicions for 8 pages was a coptell(and if it is, that would imply he has a guilty, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't, as he stopped talking about QF for quite a while), and you're suspicious of QF because of something she did on page two. That about sums it up, yes?
Bartleby the Scrivener
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 am

Post by darkdude »

Or, are you saying Talitha and I are scum-buddies and I was defending her?
Why else?

I think you are just more likely to be scum than others. I already stated that I haven't had many new ideas recently, and when someone (sorry, no time to flip back to check for now) asked why I still had my vote you I restated the case.

@ windkirby

Thanks for looking back...well now that you look back it does seem she was quick to give three reasons for a random/joke vote...
In any case, you were by no means compassionate and your accusations were poorly founded
This is mafia. Like VoD said, do you expect us to give a hug before lynching? Lack of compassion does not mean hatred. So I see no need for you to interfere with my questioning.

Poorly founded? Any question is better than no question at all right? I'm not trying to set up and inescapable trap or anything. So if she answers with a good explanation then it's okay. If not then we could catch scum. Win-win?

I'm feeling you're giving me double standard here. Remember a couple pages back you wanted me to speak only the things I KNOW will be of use to town?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:41 am

Post by windkirby »

I am not saying that DD might be a cop; I am just saying I'm getting a strong vibe that you guys are mistaking his newbieness for scummishness. Perhaps I'm wrong, but my gut is telling me he's town. However, I probably did forget some of the things he's done, so I'll look over his posts again.

Also, I see no reason that he would claim even if he was cop. He only has half the votes required to get lynched, and his claim has not been requested. However, you are missing my point: I am
not
saying he is cop; I am saying that newbie behavior can be easily misinterpreted, and this is a definite possibility IMO.

And well, yes, a large fraction of my suspicion on QF is deriving from this particular area of play. Realize that with ten players, all of them rather intelligent, it's difficult to find much to go on. None of them have produced humongous scumtells, so I started looking for odd patterns in playing styles. I noticed that QF did this rather odd act at the beginning of the game, and even if it was a freak occurence, it still happened, and something should by no means simply be pushed under the rug just because it was page 2. In my opinion, mafia would tend to be more prone to slips early-game. I also stated that her slightly excessive defense of Talitha seemed a bit unnatural when you consider that she rather exaggerated what was going on.

So yes, I admit that my suspicions on you two are nothing amazing, but you two stick out to me the most.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

@Windkirby I am not liking this insinuation dd could be cop but you trying to say you are not saying he is cop business.
Even though dd was only on three votes there was clear indication from emp and talitha and akonas that they would be supporting a dd wagon.
Also if you are looking at odd patterns of play style I think dd fits the bill on that the most.
Your backing of dds case against QF with a minor occurence on page two is slightly bothersome.
Im sure I could also go back to the start of the game and pull anything out of it from any player to generate slight suspicion.
But thank you for the contribution it has given me much to ponder now.

@Vikingfan would be great to see where you are at.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by windkirby »

I guess it does come off as if I'm overdefending darkdude, but I just don't understand where all of his suspicion is generating from. It would help if some of the supporters of the dd lynch would be so kind as to present a few of the highlights that are making them think he is scummier than the other players.

Anyway, some seem to be having trouble with:
I was cop in my first game (newbie 559) and I acted a lot like darkdude is acting.
My point here was that
it was my first game
(in which many players became suspicious of me for my newbish behavior, almost leading to a mislynch); my point was
not
that darkdude could be cop, but that getting a read on first-timers is very difficult. Quite honestly I was trying to accentuate that I had a town role, not that I had a power role, and I can sincerely say that I did
not
mean to imply that darkdude was cop in any way, though that was apparently the way it came off as.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by darkdude »

You know, it would seem as if I was defending Cephrir too. I'm not sure if that's the basis for those theories about me being partners with him/Akonas. Anyways it just so happens that people have different view points which are much more prominent than scum behaviour. If a player understands this, he/she will usually appear to defend the suspect. In reality it is rather that the player is unconvinced of the suspect's scumminess due to understanding of behaviour that is not necessarily scummy and therefore not a scumtell.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Akonas »

:roll:
Basically, scumtells and playstyles are hard to tell apart?
windkirby wrote:At any rate, EmpTyger, I will oblige.
vote: Cephrir
I was cop in my first game (newbie 559) and I acted a lot like darkdude is acting. Not to say that he's cop, but I don't feel that newbie play is a very strong lead IMO. So therefore, I will vote Cephrir, mostly due to his inconsistent playing style and a slight gut feeling, though I reserve the right to change it.
I'm sorry; I completely did not understand that justification.

windkirby: can you give a justification for your feelings on darkdude?

Also, I know that I haven't been passing judgement on Cephrir; this is because I'm not sure what to make of him. I will do so, however, when I have time to reread... which might be this weekend; more likely it's next week. I will be gone on a trip with QF Wednesday-Saturday.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by darkdude »

Basically, scumtells and playstyles are hard to tell apart?
That's what mafia is all about right? Otherwise it wouldn't be so hard.

I don't think there are many instances where someone is 100% sure. I'm not saying that we should only lynch with full confidence, but I'm merely giving an explanation to the divided opinions.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

windkirby:
Did you vote Cephrir because you’re actually suspicious of him, or to stop me from voting darkdude? If because you’re suspicious, then why exactly?
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@darkdude:
darkdude wrote: Talitha made some weird post restating the same thing in three consecutive posts
I point out weird behaviour (weird, not necessarily scummy)
QF says I was being mean

Which of course made no sense at all. When I talked about it she was still under the impression that I was being mean and telling talitha to "drop everything and play mafia".

I assumed everyone remembered so I didn't rewrite this in the last posts.
1.) How did she restate the same thing?
2.) First it's weird behavior she's lurking, then it's weird behavior that she's posting.
3.) Because of points 1 & 2, you're not giving her a fair chance.
4.) Also, accusing her of lurking is kind of mean given her reasons for doing so (3 children and Easter coming up).

I feel that it's reasonable for me to defend someone if I feel you're treating them unfairly and trying to latch on to a case that isn't there. I might have slightly blown it out of proportion, that is all. I am a fairly emotional person (I'm an artist, for goodness sake) and Akonas may attest to that.

So, it makes some sense, but it's not my usual cold logic. I can concede that, darkdude.

@EmpTyger: Actually, I haven't quite gotten the suspicion thing down because the only other mafia game I played in I was scum and it was very easy to lead everyone astray. So, I'm uncomfortable maintaining strong suspicions. The thing with darkdude, I dislike his playstyle completely but I don't especially have a gut feeling about him - I think I'd need a combination of the two to find it really suspicious.

Let's do a player analysis:

Cephrir - I can see how he would be latching on to me as a townie pet earlier, seeing if by agreeing with me he could get me to blindly support him. That wouldn't work with me. But, anyway, that's a possibility and I don't know that I necessarily believe it. I think he's been bad at defending himself, but it's a weak case which is difficult and frustrating to respond to.

thevampireofdusseldorf - I don't really know - he seemed pretty eager to get on Talitha's case, that accompanied with a hammer is reason to be suspicious of him.

Talitha - Seems pretty protown to me. I believed her excuse and she's been reasonable.

Pink Puppy - A bit hawkish, kind of building a weak case on Cephrir - that's either a scumtell or an aggressive playstyle. Haven't determined which yet all the way.

windkirby - I kind of forgot about him. He hasn't been posting much. He hasn't done anything big or fundamental, kind of stayed out of the heat (at least in my perspective). Staying in the background could be scummy. Kind of a not a quite lurking, but essentially that. Either scummy or busy. (Okay, now that I'm on page 27, I see he's posting. All previous statements were as of page 26.)

darkdude - You know my opinions of darkdude if you're not braindead. I don't particularly respect his intellect, and find much issue with his playstyle. Gut-wise, though, I'm uncomfortable lynching him because of mozsuggs and his alignment. Which is basically why I unvoted him - I don't know that I have ample reason to be suspicious of him other than personal distaste - though the "I didn't mean for this comment to be helpful" thing really doesn't aid his case. I dunno, he just doesn't seem to be putting much into this game, which is rather unfortunate.

vikingfan - He doesn't post much and his posts are always short.

Akonas - I feel uncomfortable assailing him with insults while he is at my house. It will suffice to say that though I am infinitely biased in these matters, his buddying up posts do cause me to raise an eyebrow. He's usually a bit meaner in these games, I think. Or more blunt, perhaps. In any case, he appears to have been attempting to assuage many of these conflicts, where he would typically have been in the heat of it.

EmpTyger - EmpTyger is playing well. Zeddicus did not...hmmm. Because there are two types of scum, the good kind and the bad kind. The bad kind are sloppy, the good kind are pretty meticulous, go through everything, form sound arguments...I'll have to go through zed's posts later.

--

In response to windkirby's post: Akonas, please confirm that I am terrible at making jokes and I over-explain everything.

Windkirby, you obviously were not going to get lynched for joke-voting Akonas or yelling at him or whatever it was I was defending him for. Clearly, it was a joke.

--

@darkdude: You're annoying. (And I'm a hypocrite because I'm being mean now.)
darkdude wrote: This is mafia. Like VoD said, do you expect us to give a hug before lynching? Lack of compassion does not mean hatred. So I see no need for you to interfere with my questioning.

Poorly founded? Any question is better than no question at all right? I'm not trying to set up and inescapable trap or anything. So if she answers with a good explanation then it's okay. If not then we could catch scum. Win-win?

I'm feeling you're giving me double standard here. Remember a couple pages back you wanted me to speak only the things I KNOW will be of use to town?
1.) I don't care who you hate. This is an issue of courtesy, completely irrelevant to the game. I was not suspicious of you for it. I didn't say, "Darkdude, you are a jerk, so you're scum." No.

2.) This is a game for entertainment for most of us, I believe. There is no reason to harangue players for their personal endeavors. That is the only point that I was making in reference to your treatment of Talitha.

3.) It's not only saying things you know will be of use to town. It's not saying things that will be of no use to town.

---

@Akonas: I think windkirby basically said he's voting for Cephrir for irregularities in his playstyle and at the same time he has a gut feeling darkdude isn't scum because he's such a newbie.
Show

--

Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Wow. I don't like that post at all. You basically said how you can see everyone being scum or being town, and you're not sure yet on anybody. Which is useless fence-sitting. All you're doing is muddying the waters, and impeding progress towards a lynch, which is not helpful when we have a deadline. I've tried to have patience with you and your obviously different playstyle, but this is ridiculous. If we all played like you we'd no-lynch every day.

And I think you're being much meaner to DD than DD ever was to Talitha. You said you don't respect his intellect and that he is annoying. I really don't like that at all coming from a player I had decided was so protective of people's feelings. The fact that you said you know it's hypocritical, does not make it any better for me. Not being sympathetic about people's RL commitments < insults and name-calling.

The only person you feel particularly negative against is DD, although you say you think he's town! Thanks for showing up to insult another player, sit the fence on EVERYBODY, and NOT VOTE after a deadline is posted. This behavior is not pro-town. It confuses people who have to go through your post and try to figure out where you stand on things, and see that you stand in the middle of every issue, seeing all sides and committing to nothing.

unvote; vote QF
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:23 am

Post by darkdude »

I don't particularly respect his intellect
Doubt my play ability, sure. Doubt my intellect is stretching it I think.
Gut-wise, though, I'm uncomfortable lynching him because of mozsuggs and his alignment.
Logic > guts, wouldn't you agree? I have no clue what you're trying to do calling me scummy but avoiding a vote based on gut feeling which is contrary to all else you have said.
1.) How did she restate the same thing?
Apparently you forgot about how this started. I pointed out a weird instance where talitha basically made three consecutive posts, the first asking me a question, the second questioning VoD, and the third saying "yes you two please answer my question". This redundancy seems just a bit weird to me. So I asked her about it. Could there be any harm in that?
2.) First it's weird behavior she's lurking, then it's weird behavior that she's posting.
Correct. Accumulation of unorthodox behaviour certainly amounts to suspicion no?
3.) Because of points 1 & 2, you're not giving her a fair chance.
4.) Also, accusing her of lurking is kind of mean given her reasons for doing so (3 children and Easter coming up).
That's not the main point anymore is it? All she had to do was explain her lack of playing time. You know I wouldn't say "drop your kids and play mafia". So what is your point?
1.) I don't care who you hate. This is an issue of courtesy, completely irrelevant to the game. I was not suspicious of you for it. I didn't say, "Darkdude, you are a jerk, so you're scum." No.
But you did say "drop that line of questioning - it is mean".
2.) This is a game for entertainment for most of us, I believe. There is no reason to harangue players for their personal endeavors.
Quote me where I did that.
3.) It's not only saying things you know will be of use to town. It's not saying things that will be of no use to town.
Obviously you don't see the fact that sometimes there is no way to tell whether little pieces of information would or would not benefit town. When in doubt, revealing info is better than not correct? Best case scenario - town gains advantage. Worst case - town disregards it. I do not see the possibility of loss.

If you're saying that I was distracting town by saying useless stuff, then you should look at yourself and be reasonable. If you realize you are being hypocritical then why say it? Saying "he's mean" doesn't get the game anywhere.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:18 am

Post by QuantumFruit »

@darkdude: Thank you, that was better.

@PinkPuppy: I felt the necessity to pick on him - it got a response, and a better one than he's given in a while, I think. Hurrah.

Anyway, there was reason to what I was doing, and I've already explained that I'm naturally indecisive. I don't feel that my caution is lynch-worthy, but I do understand your putting pressure on me after that post.

I don't have any strong gut feelings about this. Only a few people really actively post and that is a problem. Windkirby has just now started posting again (yes, he said he was going to be gone, but he hadn't been posting much before that either - his last post before he left was April 8th, three days before he was going to be gone). Vikingfan barely posts and it's very short when he does. That usually holds for Akonas, though he's been posting more lately. It's difficult do get a good feel. PinkPuppy is one of the more aggressive players (so quite different from my typical playstyle), but I'm getting a weird town vibe - but it's different from other town vibes I'm getting.

Akonas I was a bit suspicious of after his pseudo-helpfulness, but his posts are pretty logical now

Cephrir's kind of weak at this point. I could perhaps vote for him.

Darkdude was really frustrating me and I wanted a reaction. If he isn't scum, he should try to help town. I thought ad hominem would do the trick - and it did. If you recall, I did have my vote on darkdude before this wagon emerged, and then unvoted because of a gut feeling against it.

As I said, when I come back from Portland, I want to go through zeddicus's posts and analyze that behavior juxtaposed with EmpTyger's.

--

again @PinkPuppy: I was not completely wishy-washy. I stated whom I might have suspicions against, and stated who I did not currently have suspicions against. No, I can not at this point shout "
HE'S SCUM - SCUMMY SCUM SCUM!" and feel confident in doing so. I sincerely apologize for such misdemeanors.

Also, I'd rather have people with respect for others' commitments and mean humor than vice versa. Again, my jokes are not typically funny to most. I know this, and I keep doing it.
Show

--

darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by darkdude »

I thought ad hominem would do the trick - and it did.
Oh really? Let's all insult each other to get results!

This is still contrary to your previously stated ideals. After all by this logic I could have been baiting Talitha into activeness, and thus it wouldn't go against your principles even if I did insult her.

I have the feeling you're suddenly shifting your stance here.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by darkdude »

By the way, intentional or not, you still have flaws in your explanation a few posts before. The points I make against you are still there. Are you suggesting that "oh I meant to do that" was supposed to settle those inconsistencies and suspicions I mentioned above?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by windkirby »

I'm not particularly comfortable with the way that QF avoided addressing DD's post 668 by saying "oh, well, it worked," as if, just because she claims she is satisfied, the conversation is automatically over and she has no obligation to defend herself against DD's more recent points.

I will not say that I would make a huge deal out of her telling DD & Ceph to back off of Talitha, and I will not say that I can't understand her seeing me vote someone she knows in real life and humorously jump to his defense, but her most recent two posts are definetely troubling to me. A) as I said, I don't like at all how she completely avoided addressing the points that darkdude had brought up (as dd and pp said, insulting a player that you're getting townie vibes from... useful how?), and B) as PP said, she seems unnaturally unopinionated, trying to paint herself gray so as not to trouble either side. Again, I reserve the right to change it, but for now,
vote: QuantumFruit

Also, my lack of posting prior to the competition has apparently been noticed; I would like to defend myself by stating that the preparation for it was very time-consuming, and therefore I felt it best if I concentrated on my other games, while keeping track of, but not posting in, this game. Not the best excuse, but now that OM is completely over for me, I don't think the lack of posting should be much of a problem from hereon.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

windkirby:
I want an answer to this. Did you vote Cephrir because you’re actually suspicious of him, or to stop me from voting darkdude? If because you’re suspicious, then why exactly?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

This is interesting. QF's post was very fence-sitty (that's an adjective, deal with it), and I find myself (to my dismay) agreeing with PP's initial analysis of it. A player analysis giving no real opinions at this point is useless and "muddies the waters", so to speak. QF's previous behavior, I think, is protown enough to outweigh this; and I'm not sure this is even a tell.

I'd think a scum would fake something on someone, at least, and want to vote and influence the lynch in this high-pressure situation (unless all prospective lynches were town, I guess, but even then scum would still care or try to look like they did). Call it Wifom if you want; I just don't think a mafiate would fail to notice that their list of everyone gave no real opinions. Still pretty certain QF is town, maybe it's just because I tend to judge based on play as a whole and rarely vote based on a single post.

I would also like wk to answer Emp's question; that vote was a bit weird.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”