thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:15 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Mr Stoofer wrote:It is very difficult to lynch Scum on Day 1. The best you can do is to do the best you can. But in the vast majority of games the Town ends up lynching Town on Day 1. That's just the way it is. I don't want to spend forever on Day 1 hoping that something concrete will turn up -- because it just won't. [And that sort of game is sooooo boring.] You have to try to read between the lines of the other player's posts and get a feeling for who might be genuine and honest (Town) and who is not being honest (Scum).
Sounds like a decent statement but from my very brief experience scum can be very genuine and honest and town can be dishonest. I completely agree that all we can do is our best but by my standards playing by sense of smell is not the best way to go about things, nor is trying to lynching someone who is hard to understand (anti-town) when minimal effort has been put into trying to find scum.
Also where did hasfgad stand on your list when you voted for him and where does he stand now?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:52 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I hate the fact that he was posting in other games and did not post in this game; and he is on my radar. But I don't think he is in the same league as, in particular, you, tvod.

And BTW: I think tvod
is
scum -- and not just a pain in the ass (although he is that too). His constant claims that I only voted for him because he is hard to understand are BS and make me even more suspicious. He never addressed my real points against him (and I've given up trying), instead simply saying that he would try harder to be understood and that I was voting for him for being hard to understand.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:13 pm

Ok you have a point about your claim of me being scum but I find it strange that you had to throw in the even if I wasn't scum I should die anyways. Sometimes you should not let emotions like hate and anger cloud your judgement.
I doubt I could do anything to try and make you reconsider your opinion of me but oh well you are only one vote so I won't try too hard there. If you feel there is something I have not properly answered feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer it.
At least if I survive this day then my deemed scumminess in your eyes might give me the pleasure of staying around day two.
If you are town then I think you might like to ease up in your VoD hating thing and try and help us win.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Ok you have a point about your claim of me being scum
I'm guessing that you didn't mean to say that?
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:55 am

No I ment it and I presume you are trying to take it out of context here.
You claimed I was scum first before adding the "I should die regardles of alignment" comment. I conceded you a point on that, is that terribly wrong?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:31 am

Post by SlySly »

HackerHuck wrote: I don't like how you are pussyfooting around my question.
You have only asked me one question and I answered it directly. There was no pussy footing around.
Mr. Stoofer wrote: I always try to answer questions, so if there is one I haven't answered I have obviously missed it so you need to repeat it.
You have repeatedly 'obviously missed' questions from multiple players. It is not our duty to keep repeating questions for you to avoid. It shouldn't take 3 reminders to get you to answer something.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Guardian »

SlySly wrote:It is not our duty to keep repeating questions for you to avoid. It shouldn't take 3 reminders to get you to answer something.
I beg to differ.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

SlySly wrote:
Mr. Stoofer wrote: I always try to answer questions, so if there is one I haven't answered I have obviously missed it so you need to repeat it.
You have repeatedly 'obviously missed' questions from multiple players. It is not our duty to keep repeating questions for you to avoid. It shouldn't take 3 reminders to get you to answer something.
Here is a question for you: list every question I have failed to answer.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

It is not our duty to keep repeating questions for you to avoid.
If you really wanted an answer to a question you would repeat it, because it vastly increases the likelihood of getting an answer. If on the other hand you are simply trying to smear other players, then I could see why you would not do that... Your response makes me think you are in the latter category.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Guardian »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
It is not our duty to keep repeating questions for you to avoid.
If you really wanted an answer to a question you would repeat it, because it vastly increases the likelihood of getting an answer. If on the other hand you are simply trying to smear other players, then I could see why you would not do that... Your response makes me think you are in the latter category.
I agree... see 263.
Do not lynch me.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:26 am

Post by lord_hur »

SlySly, I re-read your posts and didn't see a question to Mr Stoofer that he did not answer.

Maybe I missed it, but at any rate, can you please repeat it ?
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:14 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Guardian wrote:
SlySly wrote:It is not our duty to keep repeating questions for you to avoid. It shouldn't take 3 reminders to get you to answer something.
I beg to differ.
Why? Shouldn't a question get answered the first time? Sometimes it's understandable, but what makes you think a question
should
take 3 reminders?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Guardian »

Let me be precise:

In an ideal world, all questions would be very clear, and met with equally clear answers. In the real world, people miss questions.

Granted, consistently missing questions can be indicative of ulterior motives, but on a case by case basis, missing a question the first time it is asked, especially in a larger post, is nothing to fuss about, and is solved by repeating the question.

If your question is missed once or twice, the onus is still on you to repeat it and get it answered.

Speaking of which, I'll get to answering the pending question for me from lord_hur soon; I keep getting distracted by other things and procrastinating it :P.
Do not lynch me.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Musher333 »

Guardian wrote:Let me be precise:

In an ideal world, all questions would be very clear, and met with equally clear answers. In the real world, people miss questions.

Granted, consistently missing questions can be indicative of ulterior motives, but on a case by case basis, missing a question the first time it is asked, especially in a larger post, is nothing to fuss about, and is solved by repeating the question.

If your question is missed once or twice, the onus is still on you to repeat it and get it answered.

Speaking of which, I'll get to answering the pending question for me from lord_hur soon; I keep getting distracted by other things and procrastinating it :P.
Yes but if someone asks you to answer there question they have previously stated you would normally go to find there question rather than they have to re ask it when they have already done there part in the current discussion, sure one ask might be missed but if they ask you 3 times to answer there question you should click on.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:17 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

I think it is better to have a person with more than a few votes. We need to put pressure on scummy players. I will
Vote: thevampireofdussledorf
. I think he is our best bet. His recent exchange with stoofer got me. Post 277 seems too sarcastic.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Guardian »

Hm. Maybe I'm insane; I think I'm actually finally seeing the light on tvod.

Like,
unvote vote: TVOD

SlySly is my second choice.
Do not lynch me.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:02 pm

Is it light now not smell you are playing by Guardian?
And PyroDwarf how does being sarcastic make me scum.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by SlySly »

Mr Stoofer wrote: Here is a question for you: list every question I have failed to answer.
Since you insist...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tVoD, in post 90, wrote: What bandwagon is this. I am the only one to have a vote on lord_hur at the moment as everyone else unvoted, how is this a band wagon.
tVoD, in post 110, wrote: Mr Stoofer why do you wish to have on record you want to lynch someone who has not posted yet in this game?
tVoD, in post 114, wrote: @Mr Stoofer do you wish to comment on my post or would you rather ignore it?
tVoD, in post 153, wrote: Why was it a new point that lord_hur was scummy?
What is of more pointitude is what makes him appear to have more information, appear to be in the informed minority; appear to be scummy?
tVoD, in post 197, wrote: @Mr Stoofer why do you think I am hurting town.........please explain this
tVoD, in post 232, wrote: Ok, I dont deserve to live thank you kind sir but by your explanation you were happy to let me live another day if someone else who (you deem) deserves also not to live would be easier to lynch?
tVoD, in post 275, wrote: Also where did hasfgad stand on your list when you voted for him and where does he stand now?
tVoD, in post 279, wrote: I conceded you a point on that, is that terribly wrong?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SlySly, in post 160, wrote: Would he not know that Bugs Bunny existed where the rest of us didn't?

At least you didn't ignore this one, you just didn't answer it. I would like you to answer it when you get a chance.
Guardian, in post 165, wrote: Why?
PyroDwarf, in post 172, wrote: Stoofer, what are you talking about with guardian? Are you trying to imply that you have more information than the town?
hasdgfas, in post 184, wrote: Is it because Guardian didn't explicitly "insist"? Or is it because he wanted to just get off the issue? Or is there another reason?
Musher, in post 241, wrote: Trying to save Guardian much?

These are reminders that you never answered post 90.
SlySly, in post 135, wrote: In post 89, you falsely accuse tVoD of jumping on a bandwagon, a bandwagon that only exists in your scummy imagination, that only he was a part of, seeing how he was the ONLY person voting on that person at that time. He very clearly pointed this out to you. I couldn't help but notice how you have conveniently avoided commenting on it.
SlySly, in post 160, wrote: Honestly, at the moment, I am more interested in hearing why Mr. Stoofer called tVoD's lone vote a bandwagon than I am in hearing tVoD's answers to, IMO, less important questions

184 posts later and you finally take the time to answer post 90.
Mr. Stoofer, in post 274, wrote: Now, to answer tvod's question: a bandwagon consists of more than just votes. When I said that you were joining lor_hur's bandwagon (or whatever I said), I meant that you were joining in with those who were attacking him.
I, for one, have never heard anyone call attacks a bandwagon unless it was backed up with a vote. You are really reaching with this.

I hope my list is comprehensive enough for you, Mr. Stoofer. I hope I haven't missed any.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by SlySly »

Guardian wrote: Why is it suspicious for us to not answer questions?
It gives the impression that you don't want to answer the question(s) to avoid incriminating yourself.
Guardian wrote: In the real world, people miss questions.
Also, in the real world, scum avoid answering questions.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Guardian »

SlySly wrote:
It gives the impression that you don't want to answer the question(s) to avoid incriminating yourself.
Guardian in that same post SlySly is quoting only part of wrote: Granted, consistently missing questions can be indicative of ulterior motives, but on a case by case basis, missing a question the first time it is asked, especially in a larger post, is nothing to fuss about, and is solved by repeating the question.
Selective quoting for the loss.
fos: SlySly
Do not lynch me.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by SlySly »

Guardian wrote:
SlySly wrote:
Guardian in that same post SlySly is quoting only part of wrote: Granted,
consistently missing questions can be indicative of ulterior motives
, but on a case by case basis, missing a question the first time it is asked, especially in a larger post, is nothing to fuss about, and is solved by repeating the question.
Selective quoting for the loss.
fos: SlySly
Oh Snap!!
Not.

You are too much, Guardian. The part I left out was the part where you validated my opinion because I really wasn't seeking your approval of my opinions because your scumminess is already obvious and I am not trying to get scum on my side. Thanks for pointing it out, though. Now others can see that you do, in fact, agree with my opinion whether you admit it to yourself, or not.

I know he's your scum buddy and all, but do you find Stoofer suspicious, even in the slightest, for letting 184 posts pass before answering something brought up to him in, at least, 4 different posts?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

This is what I consider pussyfooting around the topic.
SlySly wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:Usually. Are you implying that I've been avoiding your questions?
Not at all.

Read my posts and see who I have asked questions of and who has avoided answering those question and I think you will see things in a better light.

It is not only my answers that one of the people in question has avoided answering.
Use as many pronouns as possible and not be clear at all about what the questions are and whether they are relevant. I don't feel the need to be chasing down a whole bunch of other posts to see what you were getting at. It's like how some people use metagaming. It's a rather easy way to make a poor case, because you are counting on the other people to not be bothered to dig up the same things you researched.

Why did you take the long route and not just say - "Stoofer didn't answer this question: [question here]"?
SlySly wrote:
So do townies if they feel that the question is either rhetorical or not worth answering. I've done it before, but if someone repeatedly asks the question, I'll probably answer it.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by lord_hur »

SlySly wrote:
SlySly, in post 160, wrote: Would he not know that Bugs Bunny existed where the rest of us didn't?
Question already asked by me, and answered in post 111, last part.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by SlySly »

HackerHuck wrote: I don't feel the need to be chasing down a whole bunch of other posts to see what you were getting at.
I thought that was part of the game. I am constantly chasing other's posts trails to see if they are lying about what they are saying. I didn't know until now that you are too lazy to do such.

I have clearly pointed out Mr. Stoofer's avoidance of answering questions in 292. I figured Guardian's "Oh Snap!" post was so obvious it didn't need to be pointed out.
HackerHuck wrote: It's a rather easy way to make a poor case, because you are counting on the other people to not be bothered to dig up the same things you researched.
Read my 292, if that is not too much to ask of you, and tell me if you really believe I am trying to use the method you are referring to here. I did the digging for everyone since it seems I am one of the few in this game willing to do so.

I could be like Stoofer and Guardian and just vote or state they would support a vote for someone with absolutely no reason. Would that be more to your liking and make it where you found me less suspicious?

In fact,
Stoofer
and Guardian
, should we vote Shin out now since he has not posted in forever?
I know he hasn't done anything especially scummy so far in the game, but since you two were both in support of an opportunistic vote on me earlier in the game when I was not around to defend myself, I was wondering if you wanted to try to do the same to Shin now that he apparently isn't around to defend himself.
HackerHuck wrote: Why did you take the long route and not just say - "Stoofer didn't answer this question: [question here]"?
Because there were so damn many instances of such behavior. My way was actually the short way. I guess I'm lazy, like you, too, from time to time.
HackerHuck wrote: I've done it before, but if someone repeatedly asks the question, I'll probably answer it.
Is 3 times enough or are you like Guardian and think the avoider should get a free pass unless the questioner just keeps on badgering the avoider by repeating his question over and over?

lord_hur wrote: Question already asked by me, and answered in post 111, last part.
Thank you for pointing that out to me. In re-reading 111, your question and his answer were a little cryptic to me and I must have missed it on my first read through. Other than confirmation, I wasn't really a part of this game until post 120 which was after this. By the time I got to 111, I was probably ready to post and may have been rushing through the last of the posts to get into the game. Even though, my question was formed in a different way than your 111 was and his answer to my question would have had to have been very clear, had he chose to answer it. Had 111 read clearer, I wouldn't have asked him the Bugs Bunny question in 160. In fact, I had to read it twice even after you pointed it out to get the meaning from it that you were pointing out as your question and his answer were a little bit tVoD-ish, as far as clarity goes.

In your opinion, shouldn't Stoofer, knowing that I had just rejoined the game, have kindly either a) answered my newly formed question, or b) pointed out that he had already answered a differently formed question of similar content in 111?

Do you think he should be given a free pass for all of the other questions he has avoided answering, or do you think it is less scummy of him to just ignore everyone's questions?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Guardian »

can we all settle down, take a deep breath, and lynch tvod?

too many questions, too little time :P.
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”