Mafia 79 - "The Amish Mafia" GAME OVER... WHO WON?

Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

This is my confirmation.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:13 pm

Vote: Rigel
for not confirming in thread. All true Amish know that you're supposed to confirm in thread. How can you claim to be truly Amish when you didn't confirm in thread?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:18 pm

Unvote, Vote: Riceballtail
for complaining about VV's talking too much. Attempting to prevent/lessen discussion is scummy.
FoS: Mellowed Man
for the same reason.

ZS: Why are you attacking Surye for pushing for the Korts wagon, but not Korts for also pushing for the Korts wagon?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:51 am

Sorry sir, but your license to lurk your ass off looks like a forgery. It doesn't have the holographic stamp of approval that's seen on government-issued licenses to lurk your ass off.

Unvote, Vote: Celebloki
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Riceballtail wrote:I never intended to prevent discussion, I just wanted discussion to involve more than just four or five people. As you may notice, these posts invoked quite a bit of discussion, so why would I have made such a clearly scum-filled post "Hey, scum-post here, don't talk anymore!", knowing that I would command that much attention, drawing scum-glares?

Yeah, it drew attention. Risky? Quite. Worth it? Gotten a lot of replies from people who were being quite silent before. That's what it wanted to do.
So let me get this straight: you voted for someone for "posting too much" in an attempt to get people to post more? Doubtful.
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Turning a random vote into a bandwagon with five or more people on it, no matter the amount of people in the game, always seems reckless to me.
How is putting someone at L-6 reckless? What hazard does the ValiantValant wagon pose to the town when it's nowhere near lynching?
nswhorse wrote:Sheesh. It seems anything other than random voting or OMGUSing gets chucked in the WIFOM basket. The whole point of this game is that one side has information and the other doesn't. The side that doesn't, must of necessity engage in speculation and second-guessing of motives, or else sit around until a mafia confesses out of sheer boredom. I stick to my opinion that the mafia wouldn't be dumb enough to bandwagon someone straight up, so it is in my opinion chasing the wind to go after someone on that basis. Call it WIFOM if you will, I call it eliminating unlikely possibilities to concentrate on more likely ones until there is more information to work with. This includes the possibilities of the scum being stupid or brazen. If they are, well it won't keep them alive in the long term.
Let's assume that scum would not team up on a bandwagon. If so, any two players who team up on a bandwagon are therefore cleared from suspicion if the other turns up scum. If two scum did team up with a bandwagon, then whenever the first of the two dies, the other is cleared and presumably survives until the end winning it for his team. Therefore, if we presume that scum would not team up on a bandwagon, then we're actually encouraging scum to team up on a bandwagon. Your logic isn't being chucked in the WIFOM basket, it's being chucked in the waste basket. Please don't litter! Furthermore, the possibility of scum being stupid or brazen is not unlikely in the least, and as evidence I offer the following quote:
nswhorse wrote:
unvote: Korts
vote: Erratus

For jumping on the lurker.
Your request that your buddy is permitted to lurk has been noted and summarily denied. Your options are as follows: his lynch today and your lynch tomorrow, or your lynch today and his lynch tomorrow; please give me your decision at your earliest convenience. Thanks for playing.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:41 am

Prod Marmalade and Psychatrog please.

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:EA: Any form of bandwagon that gets even slightly large is reckless because there are two kinds of people who can push that bandwagon over the safe edge at an L-6 point.

1. Scum.

2. Townies who come in after not being around for a few days, decide to not read any of the pages, see who has the most votes, and then goes and votes for them.
Uh, sure? If VV is town and six scum/morons want to push his wagon to a speedy lynch, great, we subsequently lynch them all and we win. Unless the entire mafia is missing half their chromosomes, then VV's not in any danger and furthermore you need to quit being such a god damn baby over wagons that haven't even got halfway to lynch.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:01 pm

By my unofficial count ZS is now at L-3, with votes from Surye, Korts, Marmalade, Celebloki, Inquisitor JL, Evilgorrilaz, q21, and Riceballtail.
Evilgorrilaz wrote:Not saying discussion is bad, saying that is suddenly day 1 drags on for like 50 pages it can actually harm the town.
And when exactly did ZS attempt to drag day 1 on for 50 pages?
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Ok, look.

The point is is that you have no evidence that I am Mafia, besides this incident.

Therefore, in this incident, you should presume I am innocent.

Innocent until proven guilty. Seriously. Unless you do not believe in that, of course.
This isn't the American justice system; the fact that a majority vote sentences a person to death should have tipped you off. Stop trying to extend inapplicable real world legal rights into this game, it won't work.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:50 pm

xyzzy wrote:
Amish Mafia votecount 1-3Korts: babygirl86, Surye
Valiant Valant: ashmite84
nswhorse: The Fonz
Mellowed Man: Korts, mr. incrediball, ZombieSlayer54
Celebloki: Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos: nswhorse
ZombieSlayer54: Surye, Korts, Marmalade, Celebloki, Inquisitor JL, Evilgorrilaz, q21, Riceballtail, Mr. Incrediball, Mellowed Man

Not voting: Killa Seven, Marmalade, Psychatrog, Rigel, ValiantValant
Surye, Marmalade, mr. incrediball, and Korts are all double voters?
Mellowed Man wrote:I do feel contrite that I hammered ZS, I guess my absence led to stupidity, but I am NOT making any pathetic excuses for myself. Furthermore, those accusing me of making up an excuse for not posting can look and see that I had not before today posted in ANY of my ongoing four games in the same amount of time (4 days) as this one, and that I did indeed post in the Vacation/Limited Access Thread the first time I had just a short period of spare time yesterday.
Only scum end paragraphs with the word "yesterday".
Unvote, Vote: Mellowed Man
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:57 am

Marmalade wrote:Scum = Babygirl.

If ZS wasn't already dead, I would be voting for her.

Seriously, Mellow's play is either scummy or dumb, but there is nothing dumb about Baby's play. It's just scummy, especially since her only reason for voting ZS seems to be "he's scummy."
Scumtip: you're supposed to wait until the death scene is posted before assuming the lynched is town, especially if you were on the lynched's wagon.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”