Mafia 79 - "The Amish Mafia" GAME OVER... WHO WON?

ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by ValiantValant »

/confirm
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by ValiantValant »

Hmm... don't see anything wrong with Random Voting, since in a game this large, it's unlikely that the Mafia will be able to turn one random vote into a quick lynch.

RANDOM VOTE: Korts

BEKUZ TEH DICE SAY SO. LAWL.
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:42 am

Post by ValiantValant »

My apologies for stating that the vote was random. I was just clarifying. I see nothing wrong with saying that your vote was random, so as to avoid confusion later in the game. Also, assuming that babygirl and I were scum, why would we vote for the same person? That's just going to spell trouble later in the game if one of us (babygirl or I) was ousted, and suspicion would fall onto the other person automatically. This is a perfect example of this, since babygirl has 2 votes already (I believe), and I have 1. (Although I take it to be random.) It seems like way too big of a risk this early in the game. However, I shall...

Unvote: Korts

I'm uncertain how many votes are needed for a lynch with 20 people, and Korts is already at four votes. So I'll abstain from voting, for now. I do find it interesting that Korts is voting for himself however. Why do that this early?

And before anybody asks "ZOMG VALIANTVALANT, WHY DID YOU MAKE A RESPONSE. YOU'RE BEING TOO DEFENSIVE, LOL." The reason why I responded was to continue the discussion. Discussion helps Townies catch Mafiosos, as it gives more of a chance for them to slip up.
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:29 am

Post by ValiantValant »

Korts wrote:About this whole random vote thing. I think it's really a null tell. And yeah, if people would want to make a case out of it, they could say there must be a connection between you and babygirl, or maybe babygirl wants to buddy up to you by lynching whoever you want to. All the same, I'm not really fazed by a, what, L-7?
Eh, point. Wasn't positive how the lynch system worked here. But looking at other games, you're pretty far away from a lynch. Meh, I won't vote you again, simply because I didn't mean anything by it.
VV wrote: I'm uncertain how many votes are needed for a lynch with 20 people, and Korts is already at four votes. So I'll abstain from voting, for now. I do find it interesting that Korts is voting for himself however. Why do that this early?
Korts wrote:Right, so I should vote myself later, when I become more suspicious. Very smart play, attacking yourself. Wait, am I being hypocritical?
I phrased that incorrectly. That's what I get for not previewing my posts. I was asking why you voted yourself in the first place, but right now I think you're just kidding around.
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by ValiantValant »

Surye wrote:Bandwagons are good for the soul.
Unvote Vote: Korts

Oh, and
FoS: VV and Korts
as scum buddies, VV seems to be playing a very n00b bussing on him, and it just reeks to me.
Surye, if I were a busser, would I really be the FIRST ONE to cast a vote on a fellow Scum, with no guarantee of any sort of bandwagon occurring? Please do correct me here, but bussers normally vote for a Scum, hope he's lynched, so they can say "SEE! Korts was Scum! Surely Mafia wouldn't vote for fellow Scum, would they?" Yet, when I voted, there was absolutely no guarantee of any Bandwagon occurring. In fact, it was the first post of the game, so absolutely no bandwagon was guaranteed. I unvoted him in fact, due to a misunderstanding about the amount of votes needed for a lynch. To make matters worse, I specified that it was a random vote. Why would I take the vote off if I was a busser?

At any rate, I see very little reason to vote to Koots again at this point in time. The only thing I see against him is that it's extremely weird that he'll vote for himself, even if it is in jest. But, that definately does not qualify him as scum. And I'm not a big fan of bangwagoning with no support. (Then again, that's probably why I always hate Round 1s, especially when I'm a Townie.)
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by ValiantValant »

Surye wrote:
ValiantValant wrote:The reason why I responded was to continue the discussion. Discussion helps Townies catch Mafiosos, as it gives more of a chance for them to slip up.
So do bandwagons.
Point. I'm just not that big on random Round 1 bandwagons. I'm not upset that there is a bandwagon, I just don't wish to join it, as there doesn't appear to be particularly strong support for it. Like I said, should something come up, I will vote for the person being bandwagoned.
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by ValiantValant »

Riceballtail wrote:
UNVOTE

VOTE: ValiantValant

I say he's posting too much; almost seems like he's trying to defend himself over every action.
People are making incorrect claims about me. It's not as if I'm posting with no purpose. I understand your point, but thinking that somebody is Mafia because they are just TOO ACTIVE, seems a little rediculous to me. :lol:

Look, I'm sick. I have extra time, and nothing better to do. I see that users have made a response to my posts... what do you want me to do? :roll: I have a feeling that if I WASN'T making responses to the posts in question, I would either be accused of "Lurking" or admitting that the point was valid. :?

(Sorry about the tone in my post, I'm in a bad mood. There's just been some recent trauma in the family, and like I mentioned earlier, I'm sick.)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”