Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Guardian »

Ether... you're wrong.

Incognito... you're quoting me saying to hammer Flameaxe, and trying to get people to hammer me. The irony is palpable.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Incognito »

You threw your scum buddy under the bus.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Guardian »

Provide reasoning to convince me that you actually find that to be a reasonable interpretation -- the most reasonable interpretation -- and aren't just asserting it in the hopes that people follow you like sheep and hammer me.

Go for it.
Do not lynch me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Ether »

Glork has requested that I sing for Portal.

So. Uh.

Lynch, lynch, lynch
Lynch that scumbag Guardian!
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Elan would be proud. Can we sacrifice Guardian to Banjothulu?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Incognito »

Guardian wrote:Provide reasoning to convince me that you actually find that to be a reasonable interpretation -- the most reasonable interpretation -- and aren't just asserting it in the hopes that people follow you like sheep and hammer me.

Go for it.
It's not
you
I need to convince. It's my fellow brethren townies that I need to convince. And this weekend I should be able to do that.

Question for you, Guardian: How did you come to the conclusion that YWN is town? I can think of one thing that happened very early on that looks particularly damning for YWN but yet you still came to the conclusion that he's town.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Guardian »

Incognito wrote:It's my fellow brethren townies that I need to convince.
This made me rofl. I mean, can you lay on the sarcasm and lies any more in one sentence?

"My fellow brethren townies." ('Until I shoot and kill one of them tonight, and again the next'?)
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Guardian »

YWN seems like town from a holistic analysis of his posts. I looked for general patterns, not details. His having a legitimate meta with Jester explained away that connection, as well.
Do not lynch me.
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

Guardian wrote:YWN seems like town from a holistic analysis of his posts. I looked for general patterns, not details. His having a legitimate meta with Jester explained away that connection, as well.
Lulz. That forum is in frigging portuguese. How would you know if it's legitimate or not? (Unless you are yourself portuguese, but even if so it doesn't explain why there would only be ONE game where the supposed Gaara_of_the_Sand played.)

Ether wrote:If Guardian is lynched as mafia today and the game doesn't end, Incognito will be lynched next, no questions asked.
I will hold you to that.

Vote: Guardian

If the game doesn't end with this lynch, someone with an ability should stop by Miztef tonight. Regardless of Guardian's affiliation, he did raise a good point about him.
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Incognito »

Um, hello? I kinda wanted to provide a game summary before lynching Guardian.

If Guardian isn't scum and we do go to Night 3, can anyone please let me know what I should do with my kill tonight? Is a "No Kill" ideal in this case?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Guardian »

if we go to night, lynch Incog, cuz he's an SK ;).

I'm scum, and extremely annoyed because I would not have bought into the plan as a hider. Really though, it
was
me or Ether, and Ether's claim made more sense.

I wish Flameaxe had done... anything.

oh well, town is on cruise control to win, whether Incog is an SK or not. gj yo.
Do not lynch me.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Gorrad »

I'm investigating Ether, don't target her.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Incognito »

Guardian wrote:YWN seems like town from a holistic analysis of his posts. I looked for general patterns, not details. His having a legitimate meta with Jester explained away that connection, as well.
About this, it wasn't the The Jester connection that I was talking about. Very early on, YWN actually voted for me instead of Flameaxe and this was actually a major point of contention. He voted for me because he mentioned that "not finding L-3 to be scummy seems scummy" instead of voting for the person (Flameaxe) who happened to drop the so-called scum tell. Since Flameaxe ended up being scum, it seems like YWN may have purposely avoided voting for his scum partner. That's why I was shocked that you labeled him as town.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Incognito »

Guardian wrote:I'm scum, and extremely annoyed because I would not have bought into the plan as a hider. Really though, it
was
me or Ether, and Ether's claim made more sense.
Oh you are? YAY! We win then! I'm really a vig! :D
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Guardian »

Also annoyed since I'm an inv immune godfather, so If I'd just gone along with the plan, much better place than being lynched right now ;(.
Do not lynch me.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Incognito »

Were you also NK immune?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Guardian »

Unsure. Glork will reveal, I'm sure. I think I may have been, but he wouldn't confirm it for certain.
Do not lynch me.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Gorrad »

Most excellent game all!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Incognito »

I gotta admit, Guardian, you're pretty tricky. Even when the chips were completely against you, you didn't give up like some other people would have. I was almost waiting for you to claim that YOU were an SK for a revisit to Vollville or something. ;)

I'll post my thoughts about this game when Glork wraps it up.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

Guardian 4 (Incognito, Ether, Gorrad, Your Worst Nightmare)
No Lynch 1 (Guardian)

Guardian, Cake -- Mafia Godfather -- Lynched Day Three

This was a triumph
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction
Aperture Science
We do what we must because we can
For the good of all of us
Except the ones who are dead
But there's no sense crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake
And the science gets done and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive.

I'm not even angry
I'm being so sincere right now
Even though you broke my heart and killed me
And tore me to pieces
And threw every piece into a fire
As they burned, it hurt because I was so happy for you
Now these points of data make a beautiful like
And we're out of beta, we're releasing on time
So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned
For the people who are still alive

Go ahead and leave me
I think I'd prefer to stay inside
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.
Maybe Black Mesa.
That was a joke. Ha ha. FAT CHANCE!
Anyway, this cake is great
It's so delicious and moist
Look at me still talking when there's science to do
When I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you
I've experiements to run, there is research to be done
On the people who are still alive

And believe me I am still alive
I'm doing science and I'm still alive
I feel fantastic and I'm still alive
While you're dying I'll be still alive
And when you're dead I will be still alive
Still alive
Still alive
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Patrick »

Yay!

This game was looking grim for scum from day 2 onwards. Killing me instead of the claimed doctor was a mistake, especially when I didn't even have a particularly good read on alot of people. I think I might have opened day 2 with Flameaxe pressure, but I hadn't reread overnight, so I can't be sure. I have to assume that The Jester simply sent the kill in whilst neither of his partners were paying attention to the game?

I think the setup favours the town. I can understand the presence of the 4 protown poweroles is meant to be balanced out by the fast deadlines (which certainly did hurt us on day 1), but I'm not sure it does balance out in practice. The game started coming down to process of elimination, and when that happens, the deadlines become much less of an issue. Possibly a mafia roleblocker would have helped in this setup.

For the record, I thought there was a good plan available today even with lynching Guardian. If Guardian was town, Incognito kills Miztef, and Ether roleblocks YWN, and Gorrad investigates Ether. I think this plan accounts for investigation immune and nightkills immune Godfathers, and works as along as Incognito isn't an SK (which was pretty clear he wasn't I thought).

Thanks everyone for the game, and to Glork for modding, even though my part on this was limited.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Glork »

Sir Tornado/GuardianCongratulations, you're Cake (Mafia Godfather)! Surprising as it may seem to some, you are the mastermind behind the plot to take over the Aperture Science enrichment center. I guess one could say that your innocence is a lie. Together with your Goons (Flameaxe, GLaDOS; jack_dillon, Curiosity Core), you're going to destroy everything and everyone else around here. You win when your faction gains and cannot lose a majority of the town's population.
FlameaxeYou're GLaDOS (Mafia Goon)! You once flooded the enrichment center with a deadly neurotoxin, and now you're at it again. Together with your Godfather (Sir Tornado, Cake) and fellow Goon (jack_dillon, Curiosity Core), you're going to destroy every other thing in the Aperture Science enrichment center. You have no special abilities, so to speak. You win when your faction gains and cannot lose a majority of the town's population.
jack_dillon/The JesterYou're the Curiosity Core (Mafia Goon). Ooh? What's this? What are all these people doing here? Are they the ones that you, your Godfather (Sir Tornado, Cake) and fellow Goon (Flameaxe, GLaDOS) are going to kill? What's going on? What is that? You win when your faction gains and cannot lose a majority of the town's population.

GorradWelcome! You are the Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit (Gunsmith). You make shoes for orphans, or some such... but you also have the ability to tell whether players are capable of killing. Each night you may target one person in an attempt to see if they have the ability to kill. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player remains alive.
Akonas/EtherYou are the Cake Core (Roleblocker)!! You know a DELICOUS recipe for cake, and you take every opportunity to tell anyone and anything about it. Each night, you may distract one player from taking action by telling them your cake recipe. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player remains alive.
Machiavellian-MafiaAnger Core (Weak Doctor). *GROWL* *SNARL* *HISS* *PROTECT* *DIE IF TARGET ANTI-TOWN PLAYER AT NIGHT* (YOu win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player remains alive.)
IncognitoYou are the Morality Core (Vigilante). You were originally installed to prevent GLaDOS from flooding the enrichment center with a deadly neurotoxin when she flooded the enrichment center with a deadly neurotoxin. Times have changed, however, and now you use your moral judgment to determine who should live or die. Once per night, you may attempt to kill another player in the game. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player remains.
Your Worst NightmareCongratulations, you're Chell (Townie)! You woke up one day to find yourself in the Aperture Science enrichment center. You're not really sure what you're doing here, but you intend to take down the threats to your safety and the safety of those about whom you care. You have no special abilities -- just your vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player remains alive.
PatrickHello! You are the Weighted Companion Cube (Townie). You allegedly will never stab anybody and cannot speak, but everyone knows that's just crazy talk. Or they're hallucinating whenever they hear your voice. Either way, you mostly just sit there. You have no special abilities -- just your vote. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player remains alive.
populartajoYou are the Portal Gun (Townie). Though capable of screwing with space/time, that really doesn't prove particularly helpful in an enclosed setting where everyone is voting to kill off one another. Oh well. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player remains alive.
MiztefYou are the Aperture-Science-Emergency-Intelligence-Incinerator (Townie). Though capable of incinerating just about anything, you have the depressing inability to move around or do much of anything at all, rendering you pretty useless overall. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player remains alive.
scotmany12Congratulations! You are a Turret (Townie). Activated! Who's there? Hello? Could you come over here? I don't hate you. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player remains alive.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:52 am

Post by GLaDOS »

:cry:

The only thing you've managed to break so far is my heart.

[In that I was not in this game.]
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Glork »

Yes, killing Patrick instead of the Weak Doc was a HUGE MISTAKE. The Jester did indeed send in the kill whilst everyone else was inactive.

I'm still trying to evaluate Weak Docs, and I may have underestimated it slightly. The Gunsmith was off-set by the existence of a Viglante and an immune Godfather. RB and Vig are double-edged swords.

The setup may have favored town slightly, but I think it was more gameplay (bad kill by scums, successful vig N1 by the town) that made this look easy.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:55 am

Post by The Jester »

I should have paid attention more and watched my posts so as to not be shot...I guess I was pre-occupied with other thoughts...whatever. Still fun. :P

I did send in the kill, Sir Tornado and Flameaxe were AWOL, it was THE day of the deadline and I think I had literally an hour or two to send it in?

Glork: How close did I come to the deadline?

I made Flameaxe kill, I wasn't going to take the bullet and risk being investigated. Yeah, Flameaxe..was really not helpful; I'm rather happy he wasn't the godfather.

You guys should be happy I got YWN to play this game, without him I don't think I'd have had as much fun.

Would love to play again if at all possible, good stuff that. Ey YWN, didn't you have fun? :D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”