hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:32 am

Post by hasdgfas »

JDodge wrote: 1) Stop strawmanning me.
2) No. Give me one example where semantics has ever lead to a good lynch. Because having been here for almost 3 years and having completed over 50 games, I have never really seen a semantics argument that was correct for any reason more than random chance.
3) If you can't think of a logical reason to suspect someone and thus have to go after them on semantics, then your grounds are probably too shaky to support a case. Semantics are a nice way around this.
4) You have not given a good case on GS that I can tell.
1) Where am I strawmanning?
2) Semantics leads to other things that lead to a lynch. That's the point I was trying to make.
3) If semantics are the only reason, I agree. But it's not the only reason here.
4) He hammered with not nearly enough discussion and now he's trying to say that there was enough discussion when it's clear that there wasn't. He also gave no reasoning with his hammer vote other than saying it was time to hammer.

Then there's this post:
Greasy Spot wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:GS: That was stupid, stupid, stupid. 24 posts isn't enough discussion, no matter how many of them are his. That was a total scum move, because for the town, discussion=good.
vote: GS
Sorry if you don't agree but half the town did and had already discussed alot. Plus he refused to claim.
I don't think that half the town agreed that your move was a good idea. I would probably have hammered him as well, but after more discussion and definitely after letting him claim. Just because half the town seems to think it's a good lynch doesn't mean you have to jump on without any reasoning whatsoever.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

hasdgfas wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:No, I don't support my lynch. For the last time there was no hasty demise. Zombie had votes for a long time. It wasn't like they were all placed on him in a 12 hour span and I just waltzed in for the hammer. His death
was a tragic loss for us pikmin
but was a necessary evil for the game. The only time we learn who someone really is is when they die. Tragically he was a pikmin. You've stated your dislike for Jdodge for a while now but it seems like your on me because your an opportunist.
Kinda what armlx just said, but I find it odd that he has to emphasize for US pikmin.
If I would have said "the pikmin" you would have pounced on that saying if I was a pikmin I would have included myself. Semantics is grasping at straws unless it's an obvious slip up, not something you have to convince people to see.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:41 am

Post by armlx »

Greasy Spot wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:No, I don't support my lynch. For the last time there was no hasty demise. Zombie had votes for a long time. It wasn't like they were all placed on him in a 12 hour span and I just waltzed in for the hammer. His death
was a tragic loss for us pikmin
but was a necessary evil for the game. The only time we learn who someone really is is when they die. Tragically he was a pikmin. You've stated your dislike for Jdodge for a while now but it seems like your on me because your an opportunist.
Kinda what armlx just said, but I find it odd that he has to emphasize for US pikmin.
If I would have said "the pikmin" you would have pounced on that saying if I was a pikmin I would have included myself. Semantics is grasping at straws unless it's an obvious slip up, not something you have to convince people to see.
K. Just double checking you in case you decided to say somethingdumb in response.

Minor FOS haskadfhkda
for jumping onto the reasoning. Would have been a full FOS if he was here for D1.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:43 am

Post by armlx »

EBWODP: GS, it was also the necessity of the word Pikmin, rather than just saying us, I was interested in to be fair, but your response is what I would expect from you as town.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:41 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Vote Count!
With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

6 Greasy Spot (windkirby, Kison, PyroDwarf, hasdgfas, Blazerunner, Gorrad)
5 JDodge (windkirby, Kison, Gorrad, PyroDwarf, Blazerunner)
4 Shin Hatsubai (skitzer, UROE, PyroDwarf, Blazerunner)
4 Gorrad (JDodge, UROE, armlx, hasdgfas)
3 Sonickid (JDodge, UROE, Gorrad)
2 Kison (JDodge, GhostWriter)
1 Blazerunner (hasdgfas)
1 hasdgfas (GhostWriter)
1 JamesThePhox (GhostWriter)
Not voting: Xdaamno, JamesThePhox, Shin Hatsubai, UltimaAvalon, Greasy Spot, sonickid01
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Yeah, Greasy Spot has gained some trust points by me after all. Im not sure if hasdgfas was intentionally trying to frame him, but his defense is right. If he hadn't explicitely included himself in the group of pikmin, people would say "hey, so you are not a pikmin". Now that he hasn't, people say "Hey, look how he wants to make sure he is a pikmim".

Nulltell
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:53 am

Post by armlx »

Blazerunner wrote:Yeah, Greasy Spot has gained some trust points by me after all. Im not sure if hasdgfas was intentionally trying to frame him, but his defense is right. If he hadn't explicitely included himself in the group of pikmin, people would say "hey, so you are not a pikmin". Now that he hasn't, people say "Hey, look how he wants to make sure he is a pikmim".

Nulltell
If he hadn't we wouldn't, but its clear from his response its just him reacting in a normal way to the issue on day 1.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by windkirby »

Not that anyone would notice with all of this exciting discussion going on (I don't mean to be a hypocrite; it is with regret that I have nothing to add.), but I'll be gone starting noon Friday and back noon Sunday.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Prodding everyone who hasn't posted since the weekend. This includes sonickid01, UltimaAvalon, Shin Hatsubai, JamesThePhox, PyroDwarf, GhostWriter, skitzer, and UROE.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Sorry. Real life recently kicked my ass, and then added insult to my injuries. I'll post as soon as I can.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Blazerunner »

It is a pitty discussion lagged. The game was going well. Just posting to say I am still here, but discussiong can't go on without the others. So I am just waiting.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:14 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Here is a picture to entertain you.

Also, here's a picture I drew in Flash.

Last edited by mikeburnfire on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:55 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Quite lovely, Mike.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:14 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

prod? wut iz that?
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:14 am

Post by skitzer »

I am enthused by pictures.

The semantics discussion might not be valid, but it gives us a starting point. Let's talk.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

I'm here. Lynch some one I am voting for! Whooooo!!
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

I'm here as well. That is a highly amusing picture, mike.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

mikeburnfire wrote:Here is a picture to entertain you.

Also, here's a picture I drew in Flash.

^.^

Also, Aaah. I'm in a spiral of I-will-read-later-itis. I'll make a good post today if it
kills
me.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:09 am

Post by skitzer »

Yay: Another thing discuss: PyroDwarf is on the top three Bandwagons, and he want's us to lynch one of them. Let's Talk.

discussion topics

Greasy Spot's semantics
Pyro Dwarf's bandwagons
mikeburnfire's pretty pictures
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Gorrad »

I like MBF's pictures. They be shiny.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:52 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

Uh, sorry about being LA for longer than I thought, life happened this week. Will read tomorrow (EST) probs...
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Xdaamno »

JamesThePhox wrote:Hmm. I actually find the circumstances which Flameaxe and farside died seems to be a bit more helpful.

One was killed by an enemy that can use electricity. And the other was killed by getting "blown off the map" according to the death list on page two.

After looking at the Pikipedia, it seems like these monsters can potentially "blow pikmin off the map": Puffy Blowhog, Withering Blowhog, Man-at-Legs (blow pikmin away by explosives, maybe not so likely).

These can eletrocute: Anode Dweevil, Titan Dweevil, Anode Beetler.

Judging from the fact that there are Purple pikmin, Red pikmin, blue pikmin, and probably yellow pikmin and white pikmin. It is likely that there is an enemy that each pikmin is immune to. Yellow pikmin would've withstood the electricity and purple pikmin might've withstood the "getting blown away". So I believe there is a group of Blowhogs (probably 3) that only one can perform an attack at night (in this case the Puffy Blowhog decided to attack). And there might be a group of Dweevils (probably 2) that can either electrocute or poison (since Blowhogs can't do either) OR one Titan Dweevil (Serial Killer) that can burn, spray water, electrocute, and poison.

So the pikmin town might either be facing two separate enemy groups or one enemy group + an SK with multiple ways to attack.
Vote: JamesThePhox
for the above, + other vibes. I just don't see a townie thinking that way.
armlx wrote:LAL = Lynch All Liars. It has nothing to do with the Gorrad vote, but more to do with an argument Jdodge made where he lied about his reasons for it yesterday. This doesn't seem like an appropriate instance to apply it anyways, so its pretty irrel.
Vote: armlx
for missing an apostrophe off the 'its'.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Well, I do understand we need discussion to happen, and that armlx is currently in no wagon... but voting for an apostroophe... That is a joke correct?

About JamesThePhox, this one looked a serious vote... I don't know what to think... I myself gave a quick look on the wiki, searching for something that could have been easily turned int mafia roles... I don't think that it is necessairly scummy, but I agree that is a info only scum has, so he might be using it to look more townish, if he is scum... Anyway, I think the discussion topic is nice here.

What does everybody think?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:25 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I think that this GS wagon is out of hand. Most of the votes are due to his hammer of zombie, and how zombie didn't have enough time to defend himself. He had ample time, and he could have claimed at any point, which is what I would have done, since a lot of us had already decided that pikmin were good guys and he had a pikmin role of an unnormal color.
sonickid01
sonickid01
Townie
sonickid01
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by sonickid01 »

Got back from my trip, but I'll have to read through later. Just letting you know I'm not dead.
Avatar was originally done by Demetri Martin, smartest comedian in the world. It was then uploaded to the 'net by some guy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”