Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Jitsu »

This analysis focuses mostly on Erg0 and Matt, and largely ignores Patrick, as I believe there is little or no chance that he is scum. His play has been far too good, and the lack of a counterclaim to his Vig claim in my eyes virtually confirms him as town.

Day 1
-----

55: Erg0 tells Oman to stop fishing. Neither confirming nor denying is the right townie move IMO.
59: Matt's comment about Xyl "arguing for arbitrary daykills/lynches" seems to be overreacting a bit, like he's a bit too eager to associate himself with townies attacking Xyl.
61: Now Matt seems to consider the matter over? That was a pretty flimsy explanation.
80: Matt defends Erg0 a bit, and uses the wagon on him to vote Guardian. Some actual analysis here. Interesting comment about thinking Erg0 should deny a dayvig ability here. This could have also been a fishing attempt.
100: Kind of a bad FoS by Matt here on Oman. The followup exchange between Matt and Pickem is a bit weird -- some of Matt's responses don't make much sense here.
144: Matt reponse to my question makes no sense. And the "unless I believe the argument against someone, I defend them" comment? That doesn't sound right either to me -- "Innocent until proven guilty" does not apply to mafia. Rather, it's more the opposite.
146: Erg0 does not agree with Adel's conclusions on Opie.
148: Matt is playing the newbie card here.
162: This analysis by Xyl actually seems to be pretty accurate, for the most part. It looks to me here that he was definitely trying to look town and using his knowledge of peoples' alignments. But his criticism of Matt_S is a bit odd. I kind of get the impression that Xyl may have been coaching Matt here.
190: We've commented a lot on this already. Matt's FoS on Opie is awful. Maybe he's trying to support his scumbuddy Xyl here? But then he turns around and FoS's Xyl for criticizing people and not arguing the points? Something doesn't add up here. Xyl is obviously pushing Opie hard at this point, but Matt sees the need to throw some careful support behind the Opie wagon while also distrusting Xyl? Matt does not seem to see the contradiction in this line of thinking, let along try to resolve it.
191: Xyl returns fire on Matt for his bad 190. Possibly more coaching here.
206: Big attack by Xyl on Matt_S here, but no vote on him. Interesting that this point didn't show up in his 191. Xyl seems to have stepped up the attack only after Adel and Guardian commented.
221: After a scathing attack on Matt not more than a few posts earlier, Xyl seems to be pulling into the U turn lane here. The old "it's too obvious for him to be scum" argument? Ugh. This really looks like an attempt to sell the defense of a scumbuddy here.
226: Matt has a reasonable reply to Xyl here.
233: Matt retracts his FoSes on Opie and Oman and votes Xyl because of process of elimination?
235: Opie seems to have a good post criticizing Matt here, and Matt does not seem to have any response.
239: Agree with Erg0's comments about Xyl on this one. Xyl totally refuses to reply to Matt after this because his arguments and grammar are awful and don't make any sense? Seems like a good excuse for Xyl not to talk about Matt for awhile.
240: "Oops, forgot to vote for the person I found really suspicious."
242: Summary by Erg0. Attacks Matt and Xylthixlm here. Interesting here that he is one of the first few people to attack Xylthixlm here, when a lot of other townies (myself included), were more neutral/town on him. His points on Matt and Adel are good and his reasons look good. Definite townie points for Erg0 here, as he really has no good reason to attack Xyl this hard this early. Erg0 attacks me pretty hard here and starts the wagon on me, which I honestly can't really blame him for. To be honest, I probably would have attacked the inconsistency he found here too. The only real negative I can find with this post is that he seems to find a lot of people scummy here (Matt, Opie, Xyl, TG, Guardian, and me) and very few town (Incognito).
244: Interesting post from Xyl about Erg0 using completely different scumtells. Looks like either setting up for some distancing or trying to jutsify why his views are different than "Erg0 the townie".
245: Xyl seems to deny distancing from TG/Patrick and agrees with Erg0's logic here.
258: Erg0 presses TG on his reason for voting Xyl.
260: Xyl attacks Matt_S again, mentioning him as one of his two lynch candidates.
261: Xyl gets a town read off of Erg0.
273: Matt asks Xyl why his own logic is so bad.
299: Xyl responds to Matt but refuses to explain himself, saying he doesn't understand him and instead asks Matt to explain himself.
302: Erg0 tries to solicit comments about his case on me.
313/319: Xyl starts bussing ChaosOmega.
338: Matt plays the newbie card again. Odd attempt here to draw sympathy from the crowd?
345: Patrick enters the game and lays heavy suspicion on Matt_S, Xylthixlm, and ChaosOmega. Agrees with many of Erg0's opinions. Asks Matt here about his opinion of me.
347: Odd post where Xyl seems to be pushing Patrick to vote Matt over me.
356: I know Matt has been talking about Incognito previously, but he really seems to be laying into Incognito here, who we now know to be town. Most of the other players seemed to get the correct protown read on Incognito here. Matt also comments on me here which is interesting. Matt is really suspicious of Xylthixlm but yet here, he is basically agreeing with him that I am not scummy? This post looks similar to 190 in the sense that he seems to want to be seen as disagreeing with Xyl when in fact, his actions suggest otherwise.
368: Erg0 questions me about my earlier explanations for the turnaround. This looks like an honest attempt to feel me out, but I am just a tiny bit suspicious of him here because the question is a bit vague and could have been a trap (like he could have argued against me regardless if I had answered yes or no).
370: Pretty honest looking attempt by Patrick to feel out Adel's odd defense of me earlier.
465: Wait a minute, now Matt is throwing his weight behind Incognito's posts against Oman? What happened to his suspicion against Incognito?
471: Matt replies to Patrick's assertion that he has not commented on the most recent debates... by not really commenting on them.
473: Extremely thin reason for Xyl to leave Matt's wagon and hop back on Opie's.
484: Matt's extremely poor reason for unvoting Xyl when there was plenty of time to further debate the issues, as Patrick has already pointed out.
491: Erg0 goes after Xyl's Opie vote.
508: Matt is going fishing again? Patrick comments on this in the next post.
510: Erg0's golden post. He's correct about Opie and has named two of the scum, and his third suspect was certainly suspicious in his own right. This post pretty much either confirms him as town (why the heck would he attack both of his partners in the same post and vote one of them to bring him into the spotlight when he was sitting comfortably in most people's middle tiers?), or it is the bus of the century, which earns him so many townie points, that it's going to be nearly impossible to get lynched? I am much more likely to believe the former.
519: Xyl attacks Matt yet again, trying to get Erg0 to vote him.
521: Pretty reasonable and protown post by Erg0 here.
529: Another strong protown post by Erg0 here, slamming Xyl and ChaosOmega again.
538: Matt asserts he did NOT want to get another claim on D1. So Matt is basically asserting the exact opposite of what he intended?
551: Patrick presses an attack on ChaosOmega and Xyl here.
620: Xyl's mention of how Matt has not done anything scummy in the last wee-, er, last couple d-, er, last two posts? Is Xyl defending Matt or attacking him here?
624: Erg0 changes vote to ChaosOmega.
625: Matt quickly jumps on ChaosOmega wagon saying we're running out of time.
658: Interesing post by ChaosOmega to go after Xyl for attacking Matt_S and switch over to Opie at deadline to mislynch. Now ChaosOmega finds Matt and Xyl suspicious after not having said anything about them earlier?
662: Xyl counterattacks ChaosOmega, with no comment on Matt.
687: Matt's respons here isn't very helpful and seems to be flinging it right back at Incognito here.

Day 2
-----
715: Erg0 quick vote on ChaosOmega, but reasonable, given the circumstances.
746: Erg0 admits his theory of the mafia setting him up was egocentric. A bit vague about his support for not rushing the CO lynch, though.
749: Matt's analysis. Odd opinion of Xylthixlm since he did a lot of stuff Matt was suspicious of, and Xylthixlm didn't seem to do much to allay his fears, and continued to attack him. Odd opinion of Oman being useful and protown on D1, when few others seemed to think that, and brought up an odd point about Incognito here. Interesting that Matt here doesn't seem to really paint ANYONE as being really scummy here other than perhaps CO.
757: Erg0 slams Adel for her behavior on D1. His followup in 762 is reasonable also.
761: Matt is more suspicious of nice people today than mean people? WTF is up with that?
781: Good post by Erg0 in 792, saying we should be lynching CO before Adel.
841: Interesting post here by Xyl. He is basically saying that he can't find a problem with Oman, which also seems to fit with Matt's earlier statements in 749 of not finding Oman suspicious. Did the scum agree N1 to keep Oman around because he would be good mislynch bait later on? See early D3 comments for connection.
900: Good post by Erg0 on the likelihood of mafia claiming Cop vs. SK claiming cop.
924: Erg0 criticizes Adel's plan to support Guardian2.
949: One point I can make in favor of Matt is why is Guardian2 bussing Matt here when Matt is not at the top of a lot of player's lists? The only reason I can think of Guardian2 bussing Matt is so when Guardian2 eventually gets lynched, people second guess his suspicion of Matt.
980: A good question here from Matt about why Adel trusts Guardian2 who replaced ChaosOmega.
1022: Good counterattack by Erg0 against Guardian2 here.
1131: Matt unvotes Guardian2 to try to get a crosskill, letting Guardian2 off the hook. Seems to really believe that Guardian is the SK here.
1138: We still haven't gotten an answer why Matt thought that if Guardian2 was scum that Adel was fairly likely scum. Is this Matt setting Adel up for a mislynch on D3? Also, Matt thinks Guardian2 is the SK because nobody counterclaimed him?
1208: Erg0 correctly refutes Guardian2's (and Matt's from 1138) assertion that Guardian2 must be the SK because he was not counterclaimed. It's interesting that Guardian2 basically swiped Matt's reason from 1138 and Matt doesn't find this suspicious.
1224: Xyl tries to shoot holes in Erg0's analysis that was largely correct.
1228: Strong rebuttal by Erg0 against Xyl's crappy post 1224.
1232: Erg0 provides the nail in Guardian2's coffin by finally providing the reason I was trying to get at. The town still had a winnable position -- why should we throw the game just to punish Guardian2-SK for breaking the contract? 1234 and 1237 are also strong followups to this point.

Day 3
-----
1262: Matt thinks Xyl is going to WIFOM Oman into a lynch now? This is interesting given 749 and 841.
1266-1271: Given me previous comment, could this whole exchange have been rehearsed N2? I think it's quite possible.
1280: Xyl wants to lynch Oman. But for second place, he favors Incognito or Patrick, two of the strongest townies at that point. What happened to Matt, who he just finished feuding with about Oman?
1286: I agree with Erg0's statement that Guardian2 was fully expecting to be lynched the day before and played accordingly.
1355: Matt seems to believe Patrick, but does not express any intent to vote Xyl here.

Day 4
-----
1388: I'm a bit distressed about Erg0 so quickly asserting that he is the innocent townie and that we can win if Patrick spares him, but in light of this reread, this could easily be the honest reaction of an innocent.
1400, 1402: These posts sound like a bit of a turnaround from 1397 where he practically declared Patrick innocent and was only deciding between me and Matt. And I already said how I disagree with his analysis if we are in 2/1/1.
1406: Not a great explanation to my questions by Erg0, but I have to admit it could also be consistent with a townie that simply forgot to consider the small chance that Patrick is an SK and that there was another mafia left.
1407: Matt tries to sling some dirt at me for my logic yesterday. This looks like a really bad attempt to throw suspicion on me. I can't really see how the questions he's asking would reveal anything about me because there was no contradiction, as I mentioned in 1410. His other questions didn't even make much sense.
1423: I agree with Erg0's point that how people change their opinion of someone once it looks like they are going to be lynched is very telling.
1424: I can't find much to disagree with in Erg0's analysis. I can only speculate why all of the mafia apparently left me alone the entire game, and my desire to lynch the SK was an honest attempt to try to avoid an unpleasant endgame for the town.

Anaylsis
--------

Overall, the quality of Erg0's posts and how helpful they were to the town far, far outweighs Matt's. Erg0 developed an early theory of the Xyl/Oman/ChaosOmega trio at a time when it wasn't necessary to bus his potential partners, and more imporantly, his actions for the rest of the game pretty much stayed true and consistent with those initial suspicions. If Erg0 were scum, I have to think it would have been extremely difficult to be that consistent and continue to provide good logic in his posts. When things started turning against Xyl and ChaosOmega really badly, his behavior toward them did not change. He constantly asserted and reaffirmed his positions, and I find myself totally believing his reactions after that. And as mentioned previously, Erg0's post 510 pretty much either has to confirm him as town or has to make him look so good as a bussing scum that he would never be lynched. If Erg0 really did lie about post 510 and was able to be that consistent with his posts after that as scum, then he deserves to win this game.

On the other hand, Matt's early posts on Day 1, as Patrick said, were awful. He didn't seem to analyze or try to scumhunt at all, and in several cases above where he stated his opposition to Xylthixlm, his actions didn't pan out with that, and in fact, his actions seemed to subtly support Xylthixlm, particularly in his 190 and 356. Matt's alternating suspicion and support of Incognito around 356 and 465 seem odd also. Most people other than Guardian and Adel seems to think Incognito were pretty consistently protown. In fact, of the players left in the game, Matt is the only one who really ever attacked Incognito in the entire game, and Matt did it several times (not an isolated incident). Matt's behavior was awful at the end of Day 1 also, implying that there wasn't sufficient time to lynch anyone but the vote leaders, and also how he seemed to back out of asking for a second claim.

And I agree with Erg0 that Xylthixlm's reactions to Matt were telling. Adel taught me in Underground Mafia that looking for people's reactions toward each other that I could not explain should be treated suspiciously, and Xyl's huge amount of attention on Matt on D1 (when just about everyone else did not) looks really awful. Xyl's alternating between attacking Matt and defending him just looks awful, and the reasons he stated for it range from non-existant at worst, to flimsy at best. Matt's analysis on D2 seemed really suspect (see comment on 749 above) and I don't like his wavering support/enmity for Guardian2 on that day either. And Matt really had no comment about Guardian2's bogus "I am forced to do what the town wants" argument? At the same time, Erg0 was going into full attack mode on Guardian2, which is perfectly consistent with his earlier statements. Xylthixlm also attacked Erg0 and myself at the end of the day, when he was about to be lynched after previously seeming to agree with us earlier. However, Xyl never mentioned Matt's suspicious behavior on D2.

The odd Matt/Xyl interaction seemed to continue at the start of D3, and it really looks to me like it was rehearsed the night before, after Xyl's scummy looking play on D2. Also, Xyl not expressing any intent to vote Xyl after apparently believing Patrick in 1355 doesn't make him look any better. Today, I didn't like Erg0's early posts, but frankly, Matt's posts have been worse.

In fact, not just on D1, but for the entire game, Matt has done little to no scumhunting. Erg0 has. In light of this analysis, I have to agree with Patrick's comments about Erg0. He has been extremely consistent and protown looking. I really cannot even come close to making any reasonable case against Erg0. Unless Erg0 makes some kind of a fatal slip, my opinion is that Matt is our man.

Vote: Matt_S

======================================================
Page 58 Votecount

Matt_S - 1 (Jitsu)

Not voting - 3 (Matt_S, Erg0, Patrick)

With 4 alive, it's 3 to lynch.
Deadline for D4: Thursday May 11, 11:11AM GMT+10
================================================
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Matt_S »

Responses in whatever order I happen to put them in.
148: Matt is playing the newbie card here
Someone asked me a question about statistics. I didn't know the statistics and I admitted it.
144: Matt reponse to my question makes no sense. And the "unless I believe the argument against someone, I defend them" comment? That doesn't sound right either to me -- "Innocent until proven guilty" does not apply to mafia. Rather, it's more the opposite.
To each his own.
233: Matt retracts his FoSes on Opie and Oman and votes Xyl because of process of elimination?
Yeah, pretty much.
235: Opie seems to have a good post criticizing Matt here, and Matt does not seem to have any response.
When I see the first post of a double post, I don't always realize it's a different post when I read it later.
338: Matt plays the newbie card again. Odd attempt here to draw sympathy from the crowd?
Joke. Hence the smiley.
484: Matt's extremely poor reason for unvoting Xyl when there was plenty of time to further debate the issues, as Patrick has already pointed out.
As I already said, most people seemed to think that was Xylthixlm's meta and that there wasn't anything wrong with it.
465: Wait a minute, now Matt is throwing his weight behind Incognito's posts against Oman? What happened to his suspicion against Incognito?
So because I was suspicious of Incognito, I wasn't able to get someone to answer questions?
471: Matt replies to Patrick's assertion that he has not commented on the most recent debates... by not really commenting on them.
I commented. If it wasn't long enough for you, I would have talked more.
538: Matt asserts he did NOT want to get another claim on D1. So Matt is basically asserting the exact opposite of what he intended?
508: Matt is going fishing again? Patrick comments on this in the next post.
Typos happen.
687: Matt's respons here isn't very helpful and seems to be flinging it right back at Incognito here.
I explained exactly why I was suspicious. I don't see what you think is wrong with it.
761: Matt is more suspicious of nice people today than mean people? WTF is up with that?
Yeah, there was a correlation between the nice people and the suspicious people. That doesn't mean I was suspicious of them because they were nice.
1138: We still haven't gotten an answer why Matt thought that if Guardian2 was scum that Adel was fairly likely scum. Is this Matt setting Adel up for a mislynch on D3? Also, Matt thinks Guardian2 is the SK because nobody counterclaimed him?
Matt_S wrote:
Jitsu wrote:I'd like to know what those reasons were.
Mainly the way Adel wanted to keep Guardian^2 alive for a day. And of course the vote following. However, there was also the fact that Adel seemed to leave ChaosOmega alone Day 1. Guardian^2 also put Adel on his "scummy" list. I know people said that Guardian didn't distance, but I didn't believe that.
And yes, when nobody else claimed to have made the second kill I concluded that Guardian^2 was the second killer.
1208: Erg0 correctly refutes Guardian2's (and Matt's from 1138) assertion that Guardian2 must be the SK because he was not counterclaimed. It's interesting that Guardian2 basically swiped Matt's reason from 1138 and Matt doesn't find this suspicious.
Matt_S wrote:Of course, my laptop died shortly after I unvoted
a.k.a. I was absent for the end of the day.
1355: Matt seems to believe Patrick, but does not express any intent to vote Xyl here.
I was the first person to vote for Xylthixlm that day.
1407: Matt tries to sling some dirt at me for my logic yesterday. This looks like a really bad attempt to throw suspicion on me. I can't really see how the questions he's asking would reveal anything about me because there was no contradiction, as I mentioned in 1410. His other questions didn't even make much sense.
I wanted to know where your logic came from, since you made a lot of guesses about the game setup. I thought my questions made sense, but that won't change your mind.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Patrick »

I'm leaning towards Matt_S as scum, especially after the recent posts by Erg0 and Jitsu, but what I'd really like right now is for Matt to say who he suspects and why.

Also, Matt, you've now said twice today that you unvoted Xylthixlm because people seemed to be saying they had a meta on him that meant his behaviour was normal. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't remember anyone saying anything like that, and I think Xyl has only completed one game on the forum. Can you give some specific posts of people saying they had a meta on him?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Jitsu's vote was pretty much what I'd expect, since I don't think he really has another viable suspect. Matt, you've been very focused on defending yourself for the last little while; who are you suspecting at the moment?

A quick round-up of CO's behaviour towards Matt and Jitsu before I get to the full PbPs on those two.

Jitsu

12 - "Jitsu, I'll be lynched regardless of your vote."

Matt_S

0 - random vote (both scum random voted Matt?)

Xyl (for comparison)

4 - puts him in his top 3 (no case)
5 - vague suspicion
9 - bit more of a case, accuses him of bussing opie
11 - says he's buddies with Guardian^1

In summary: almost nothing useful. Co evidently took the "bus one, ignore the other" approach. The fact that Xyl and CO both random voted Matt_S is mildly interesting, but could just as easily be a coincidence.

Yes, I'm ignoring Guardian^2 for reasons already stated. I won't even read his posts again if I can help it - that way lies WIFOM.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Patrick wrote:I'm leaning towards Matt_S as scum, especially after the recent posts by Erg0 and Jitsu, but what I'd really like right now is for Matt to say who he suspects and why.

Also, Matt, you've now said twice today that you unvoted Xylthixlm because people seemed to be saying they had a meta on him that meant his behaviour was normal. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't remember anyone saying anything like that, and I think Xyl has only completed one game on the forum. Can you give some specific posts of people saying they had a meta on him?
I may have been drawing too many conclusions, but quite a few people said that Xylthixlm looked protown day 1. I figured that since they didn't have a problem with him, then Xylthixlm always acted the way he did. I looked through lots of people's posts, but pretty much the only posts I saw attacking Xylthixlm were for him following Adel, other than TrustGossip. Among the people who seemed to ignore his style, were Jitsu,who said he thought Xylthixlm was protown; Incognito, who in general asked for quite a bit of meta, but never from Xylthixlm, and who never said he found Xylthixlm scummy day 1(ignoring arbitrary arguments); Adel, who only seemed to feud with Xylthixlm about statistics; and pickemgenius, who didn't really interact with Xylthixlm much. I found it hard that so many people wouldn't have a problem with how Xylthixlm played unless they knew he just played that way. It's not specifics, but I'll look for some posts if you want them.

In the beginning I had Jitsu as a potential serial killer, simply because he seemed to avoid too much interaction. I've had my eye on him until Guardian^2 claimed, then until you claimed vig. I might be able to make a case against him, but I haven't been able to see too much suspicious interaction with Xylthixlm or ChaosOmega/Guardian^2. Quite a bit of it came from how much he mentioned the serial killer, which I found a bit odd. I don't have any idea if it's accurate, but I heard someone say that people like making little hints about their roles. However, if Jitsu's mafia that could just be him trying to mislead the town. Jitsu talked about Adel. maybe being nightkilled for being a serial killer, which struck me as odd looking back because it seems scummy when people try to guess why someone was killed. There's also Jitsu's post 24, where he says that when he's scum he will have to fear the spotlight. When I reread it after Jitsu said he hinted at vanilla, it seemed like he was trying to differentiate himself from scum. Again, though, I haven't seen any big interaction between Jitsu and CO/G^2 and Xylthixlm, though Jitsu declaring that he thought Xylthixlm was pretty protown could be a sign of a scum association. I don't want to make that jump because I haven't seen anything similar between Jitsu and CO/G^2
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Wait, double post: Erg0, why didn't you think Jitsu would vote for you?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Patrick »

Matt_S wrote:I may have been drawing too many conclusions, but quite a few people said that Xylthixlm looked protown day 1. I figured that since they didn't have a problem with him, then Xylthixlm always acted the way he did. I looked through lots of people's posts, but pretty much the only posts I saw attacking Xylthixlm were for him following Adel, other than TrustGossip. Among the people who seemed to ignore his style, were Jitsu,who said he thought Xylthixlm was protown; Incognito, who in general asked for quite a bit of meta, but never from Xylthixlm, and who never said he found Xylthixlm scummy day 1(ignoring arbitrary arguments); Adel, who only seemed to feud with Xylthixlm about statistics; and pickemgenius, who didn't really interact with Xylthixlm much. I found it hard that so many people wouldn't have a problem with how Xylthixlm played unless they knew he just played that way. It's not specifics, but I'll look for some posts if you want them.
I think I will need a few specifics here, because I'm not sure I buy this explanation. Firstly, I don't remember anyone saying they thought Xylthixlm was protown except for Jitsu. Despite the amount of content he's added to this game, I don't think Jitsu can be classed as "quite a few people". And really, it just seems odd that you'd drop this attack on Xylthixlm, based on this meta you imagined people had on him, without even asking anyone about it. That would have seemed like the obvious thing to do.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Matt_S »

I suppose "not antitown" would be a better term. However, few people saw Xylthixlm's actions as suspicious. I trusted the majority because I thought it was the best choice. I'll get to the specific posts tomorrow, because I have to get to my homework which I should have started a while ago.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Matt_S wrote:Wait, double post: Erg0, why didn't you think Jitsu would vote for you?
I just didn't see it as the play he would make as either town or scum. If he's town then he'd have to think that I bussed both of my buddies from day 1 onwards, and if he's scum then he'd likely see you as an easier mislynch to push. Jitsu often seems to use similar logic to me, and I'm pretty sure that
I
wouldn't vote for me if put in his position.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Jitsu »

Erg0 wrote:Jitsu's vote was pretty much what I'd expect, since I don't think he really has another viable suspect.
That's true, but I didn't know that after I completed my analysis.

I was leaning toward Matt being the final scum when the day began (due to my state of mind finding Erg0 less suspicious than Matt on previous days). I was cognizant of confirmation bias, and I tried my best to give as fair of a read as possible on both Matt and Erg0.

But after the reread, it really was honestly not even close. Matt looked far scummier to me after a reread (reading Day 1 knowing Xylthixlm was scum was very enlightening). My analysis was not just a kangaroo court to implicate Matt -- there was over 8 hours of work there.

I too will wait to hear from Matt about his thoughts, but I am pretty happy with my vote right now.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Jitsu »

EBWOP:
Jitsu wrote:That's true, but I didn't know that until after I completed my analysis.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:16 am

Post by Jitsu »

Erg0 wrote:Jitsu often seems to use similar logic to me
Given your play this game, I consider that quite a compliment. Thanks.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Matt_S »

Alright, people who didn't express suspicion of Xylthixlm's playstyle, D1
Oman wrote:
Erg0 wrote:Xyl and ChaosOmega have already been allowed to get away with majorly wagonny votes on opie
I will review these.
Oman never mentioned it again.

And Adel's only spat with Xylthixlm was over Adel's algorithm for getting scum and incorrect math.

Pickemgenius only responded to a few questions from Xylthixlm, and nothing else.
opie wrote:I do not understand the whole TrustGossip/Xylthixlm exchange. Especially, TrustGossip's behavior. It seemed to come out of nowhere to me and a bit over reactive. I'm not a big fan of the name calling or personal attacks.
opie found TrustGossip suspicious, but not Xylthixlm, who wasn't any better.

Guardian^1 seemed to be big about meta, especially regarding Adel, but didn't have anything to say about Xylthixlm.

And a few others. It's difficult to show most of them without quoting lots of posts in their original context. Now some scum interactions with others. Not much specifics.

ChaosOmega

Me: Random vote. Nothing else.
Jitsu: "I'll be lynched regardless" thing, which he claims cop in. Not much else.
Erg0: Nothing at all.
TrustGossip: Nada.
Patrick: Answered a question about Incognito. Nothing else.

Xylthixlm

Me: Random vote, attacks before switching to opie, attacks after switching to opie.
Jitsu: "Arbitrary". Says Jitsu's protown. A little bit of questions both ways.
Erg0: A joke about lynching Erg0, then attacks opie for Erg0 wagon. Also says Erg0 is protown.
TrustGossip: Arguing.
Patrick: Xylthixlm asks him about his case on Jitsu. Not much else.

Later tonight I'll go the opposite way with how people interacted with scum. But now, baseball game. Go Royals!
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Matt_S »

BTW, last post was exclusively Day 1 posts. This will be too. I'll do day 2 and 3 tomorrow because I'm lazy and tired after watching sports.

My posts: obvscum it seems. I can't believe I didn't lynch myself earlier.

Alrighty. Patrick. I'm skipping TrustGossip who seemed to keep a pretty consistent perspective. Post numbers refer to Patrick's posts individually.

Post 1: Likes Xylthixlm except for him slipping off the opie wagon. Criticizes ChaosOmega for lurking.
Post 2: Explains to Xylthixlm why he's against Jitsu.
Post 15: Would favor ChaosOmega wagon, so-so for Xylthixlm
Post 17: Votes ChaosOmega, still seems so-so for Xylthixlm
Post 25: Calls Xylthixlm's opie vote lazy.

Erg0 time. Has a few interesting moments.
Post 5: Random daykill talk.
Post 20: Criticizes ChaosOmega for lurking, blahblah, Xylthixlm following Adel, likely opie buddy.
Post 35: Asks Xylthixlm about his sudden opie vote
Post 39: Votes Xylthixlm. Found that slightly interesting.
Post 66:Switches to ChaosOmega. I don't get why ChaosOmega was his second choice.

Jitsu next. More stuff, but just slightly interesting.
Post 2: "Arbitrary".
Post 20: Asks Xylthixlm about his opie vote.
Post 27: This is where he says Xylthixlm seemed protown.
Post 29: Again calls Xylthixlm town for fairly analyzing Guardian^1.
Posts 37, 38: Some questions for ChaosOmega.
Post 41: Declares suspicion on ChaosOmega.
Post 45: Seems to try to throw suspicion off the ChaosOmega wagon.
Post 47, 48: Small misunderstanding with Xylthixlm.
Post 49: Implicates ChaosOmega and Xylthixlm, but adds that he's not sure.
Post 50: Looks for scum bussing ChaosOmega. Never says results.

My attention span is being divided between even more things. I just want to sleep forever.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:16 am

Post by Patrick »

What do you conclude from these interactions?
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Matt_S »

Patrick wrote:What do you conclude from these interactions?
Jitsu's interactions with Xylthixlm and ChaosOmega seem to fit with how he interacts with everyone else. The one odd thing that stood out was how he said Xylthixlm was protown, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I was thinking possible serial killer at first because Jitsu seemed kind of backgroundy to me, and he seemed to play a lot of things safely with the cases he pursued. The same things could be applied to say he's scum, but his interactions say otherwise.

Erg0, as I said, voted for Xylthixlm Day 1, after saying ChaosOmega was also scummy. He said he usually was against using lurking as a scumtell, but that he had a scum meta on ChaosOmega. He also made a case on Oman, who seemed to be just as good a vote candidate. It's a weak interaction that I may be looking too much into, but it stands out to me.

All you really have going against you was that your predecessor and Xylthixlm had their argument, but that would implicate me just as much.

Overall, things seem to point slightly towards Jitsu. I'll do Day 2 next, maybe Day 3 if it doesn't make the post too big.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Matt_S »

K, day 2. I'll split Day 2 and day 3 for space.

Erg0 first. Going alphabetical this time.
Post 74: Opens with a CO vote because of unlikelyhood.
Post 76: He's not moving his vote.
Post 88: Lynch CO before Adel
Post 107: Asks Xylthixlm how much of his dislike of Adel is because of policy
Post 121: G^2, Xyl, Oman combo again
Post 123: Reasserts strong position on G^2
Lots of other posts: large argument with G^2.
A few posts: Game trees with Xylthixlm.

Jitsu next.
Post 52: Adamantly opposed to quicklynch on CO.
Post 58: Questions all around about opie wagon.
Post 60: Says Xylthixlm is going for a fast day.
Post 63: Xyl, Co, Oman combo again. Interesting order, with CO first, then the townie, Xylthixlm a distant third.
Post 68, 69: ChaosOmega probably isn't the serial killer.
Post 77: Large attack on G^2
Lots of posts: game tree.
Post 97: G^2, Oman, and Adel are the scum now.

I was going to do Patrick, but he has a ton of conversations with Guardian^2. I will mention one post though. Post 43: Asks Xylthixlm if there's a reason not to consider CO being a possible serial killer. It's interesting how he caught one scum apparently knowing the other scum is scum.

Conclusion time. Erg0 pushed hard against CO/G^2. Seems more of a town action than bussing. However, Erg0's interaction with Xylthixlm seems a little odd since Xyl was one of his suspects. Jitsu not going for a quickwagon seems protown, but I think his position of G^2/CO not being serial killer could have been staged if he's scum. He also drops Xylthixlm off his top 3, but given Adel's play that's sort of understandable. And if someone wants to convince me that Patrick's antitown, you'll need an epic case.

Day 3 to come after I charge my darn laptop.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Day 3 time. Jitsu first for arbitrary reasons. See what I did there?
Post 99: Attacks Xylthixlm for trying to quicklynch the day before.
Post 102: Xylthixlm and Oman are scum. Talks a lot about a serial killer and Xylthixlm's stance on serial killers.
Posts 107, 110: Responds to Xylthixlm's scumgroup questions.
Post 111: Waits for a claim before voting Xylthixlm
Post 114: Votes Xylthixlm

Erg0.
Post 150: Accuses Xylthixlm of misdirection.
Post 153: Vig vs nurse.

And given Patrick's claim, I don't see any problems with Patrick's posts yesterday.

I think this is one of Jitsu's best days. One thing that I didn't notice before is that Erg0 never voted for Xylthixlm. I'm curious why he was reluctant to hammer. He already stated his stance on nking Oman, and hadn't seen Oman's "hammer" vote. However, overall I think I'm still leaning towards Jitsu. Now though, another Royals game. Gonna maybe beat the Yankees again.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Jitsu »

I'm checking in.

Matt, are you waiting on something before you make your final conclusion?
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Matt_S »

Jitsu wrote:Matt, are you waiting on something before you make your final conclusion?
I was hoping for responses, defenses, etc.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Patrick »

Sorry guys, this game slipped onto a back burner again.

Matt, I've got some questions about your analysis.
Matt_S wrote:Erg0, as I said, voted for Xylthixlm Day 1, after saying ChaosOmega was also scummy. He said he usually was against using lurking as a scumtell, but that he had a scum meta on ChaosOmega. He also made a case on Oman, who seemed to be just as good a vote candidate. It's a weak interaction that I may be looking too much into, but it stands out to me.
You say this interaction stands out, but I can't tell whether you're saying it stands out as good or bad for Erg0. Which way does it make you lean?
Matt_S wrote:Erg0 pushed hard against CO/G^2. Seems more of a town action than bussing. However, Erg0's interaction with Xylthixlm seems a little odd since Xyl was one of his suspects.
Which interaction with Xylthixlm was odd here? Why was it odd? I haven't managed to find one that looks odd.
Matt_S wrote:One thing that I didn't notice before is that Erg0 never voted for Xylthixlm. I'm curious why he was reluctant to hammer. He already stated his stance on nking Oman, and hadn't seen Oman's "hammer" vote.
I'm not reading anything into this, because at that point Xylthixlm was a dead man walking.

I do have another thought about this but I'm purposefully holding that one back until I get responses from Matt_S on this.

Mod
: Is Erg0 in prod range? If so, can you prod him?
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Matt_S »

You say this interaction stands out, but I can't tell whether you're saying it stands out as good or bad for Erg0. Which way does it make you lean?
It seems a little bad, but it could easily be coincidence. It's odd that he votes for Xylthixlm from among his suspects, and I was thinking along the "he knows he's guilty" line.
Which interaction with Xylthixlm was odd here? Why was it odd? I haven't managed to find one that looks odd.
Erg0 never really attacked Xylthixlm day 2, but he didn't really leave him alone either. Erg0 asked him questions about his suspicions, and they debated whether Guardian^2 should live, but I don't recall him actually directly accusing Xylthixlm on day 2. He just sort of said "I think Xylthixlm's scum".
Show

(2) think very hard;
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by vollkan »