Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Sorry, been away for a bit. Hey, here's a fun fact: cars going 20 or 25 mph hurt like hell and make 190 pound males fly 3 feet off the ground before landing and rolling 4 or 5 times...

Now as for the game. I do believe that ending the day can be beneficial for the following reasons:

1) Having the alignments of the people we've killed so far, particularly BM, could help the town make decisions and form ideas on who they think is suspicious. That is a given.

2) We, as town, CAN do things at night to try to act upon the information received by ending the day and discovering the alignments. We've seen how creative we can get with our night actions. I'm positive something will be done at night to benefit the town.

3) The cops will have a better idea on who to watch and perform their night actions on.

However, I also do see continuing the day to be good too. More discussion leaves more room for slip-ups to be made. But that is only possible when more than the same few people are posting. I know, I haven't posted in a while. Couldn't be helped. However, to just end the day and let those people get by without posting how they feel about the current situation, so that we may attempt to glean information off of them is not very helpful. I'd like to hear how a few of the people who post little feel about the game. Because you are, after all, in it.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by armlx »

All those things you listed as pro-end day will occur if night ends in a week as well.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by armlx »

EBWODP: ... if day ends in a week....
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Which is why I did not vote for a day end, and why I said that allowing day to end while letting those players who are sneaking by not posting is not helping the town.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Surye »

You know what,
Unvote
GW has a good point.

We need lurkers and such to post something of substance STAT.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Surye wrote:You know what,
Unvote
GW has a good point.

We need lurkers and such to post something of substance STAT.
:roll: this is what the people against ending the day have been basically saying the whole time
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Surye »

No, they have not. They just have been screaming "discuss!", but the number of non-posters is the real issue.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Surye wrote:No, they have not. They just have been screaming "discuss!", but the number of non-posters is the real issue.
people not posting and us wanting discussion is the same thing as us wanting people who haven't posted to post
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by armlx »

Notice how a couple lurkers came out of lurking to vote ending the day. I suggest we start with them.

Sensfan and Singing Librarian, speak up please and defend your votes and not posting. Comment on the game. Produce enough input to make me not consider you dead weight or worse.

(Natashira is excluded for being on V/LA).
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

armlx wrote:Sensfan and Singing Librarian, speak up please and defend your votes and not posting. Comment on the game.
What do I think about the state of things at the moment?

BM clearly was scum of one flavour or another, but I'm not sure about CyberBob. The case against him seemed convincing, but BM's pre-lynch post makes me doubt very much that he was in the same group as BM, if he was ever scum at all. Scum admitting their partners upon death is highly unlikely, other than from new players who are disillusioned with the game, I'd have thought. BM strikes me as a likely serial killer, if we had one, but membership of a mafia group is also possible (just not, I'd wager, CB's group if he turns out to be scum as well).

ABR loaded up with guns worries me. I believe he is town, but as I mentioned once before, the idea of anyone just arbitrarily arming themselves is worrying. The fact that he gave some of the guns to a couple of other players is good, particularly since one of said players is the mayor. The reason I don't want to go to the bunker is not because I don't believe ABR is town, it's because I see it as a potential target or potential place of misunderstandings leading to town cross-kills.

The info on GhostWriter and NabakovNabakov neither confirms them as town nor confirms them as scum. They were together, but could just as easily be scum sitting around while another member of the team carries out the kill, town passing time, or one of each, with scum forming a pseudo-partnership with a townie. Until we know more, we cannot glean anything from that piece of intelligence.

I voted to end day because I have a feeling that the information we could glean from the end of the day would be very helpful going forward from here. Discussion appeared to be going nowhere, partly due to myself and people who post even less frequently not contributing, but not entirely so, I feel.

I am not feeling any particular scum vibes from anyone living at present. There are a few people that I'm pretty darn sure are town, but I don't think that listing them is likely to be helpful for anyone other than for scum looking for a list of safe, non-suspicious people to kill.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by SensFan »

armlx wrote:Notice how a couple lurkers came out of lurking to vote ending the day. I suggest we start with them.

Notice how I have been active for a few days, leading back to before the DayKill?

Sensfan and Singing Librarian, speak up please and defend your votes and not posting. Comment on the game. Produce enough input to make me not consider you dead weight or worse.

I agree with most of the End Day side. I also voted End Day to fish for reactions from you, and got one that doesn't add up with you being Town...

(Natashira is excluded for being on V/LA).
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Hjallti »

I only posted late because I only joined the game at that point. Therefor it is strange to be FoSsed for lurking, as you seem to imply now.
If I had started reading the game form back to forth rather than in normal order i would have vote for a BM lynch before I he was at L+2 but that is because I had to read in a game this size, and started to read at page 1.

Comments on what happened today would I think be boring, as most things have been said or already been cleared up, sometimes contrary to what I thought. For instance BM claims didn't add up with the fact that his supposed victim was killed at another place. his last relevation gives a clue why: he didn't commit the murder but a scumpartner. I can't be positive whether it is Cyberbob but day-ends might show.

I really still have to get into this kind of game, which by replacing I started later than you all.

I do think that there is little use in discussing much further today. Maybe someone could clear up for me one thing.
The option ????? is this some secret abitity the mod already knows and triggers if you ask him, or is an ability you may choose yourself if the mod except your choice to be realistic enough?

Since I am not against discussion and that seems to be armlx problem I will
unvote
as well.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Hjallti »

ebwop: I should have read back before I asked. ?????-question settled.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:31 am

Post by GhostWriter »

There are many of you lurkers that are simply watching and responding to whatever prods you may or may not have been receiving, but not posting in here. Speak up, or I will do my damnedest to have you lynched or, preferably, replaced, because you are not A) Helping the town or B) Even playing the game. Give us who you are suspicious of. Gives us your stance on ending the day, just freaking post.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:33 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

You noticed Skitzer came back after a short absence on town's square
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:36 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I hope you do not expect anyone to really believe that you just locked your door.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:34 am

Post by PJ. »

Totally skimmed the last page.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:26 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

This whole discussion is a dry hump if we take out the threat of lynches. The belief that the town will kill somebody and end the day is the driving force of a standard mafia game. Take that away, and you end up with some players not bothering to posts at all and some other players railroading them for it over and over again. We should either find a viable,
serious
lynch candidate* or end the day.

*I don't know who that might be, but I will definitely put some effort into finding out, as should everybody else.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Surye »

Screw it, we'll deal with the lurkers tomorrow, with more information, this is not going to go anywhere.
Vote: End Day
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:40 am

Post by skitzer »

GhostWriter wrote:I hope you do not expect anyone to really believe that you just locked your door.
What else would you think I would have done?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:44 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I do not know. However, in the spirit of mafia, I do not believe you locked your door, during the day, to your house, to protect you at night, when you'll have to go back to said house and *gasp*, unlock the door to get inside. Otherwise, you are left outside to fend for yourself, where there are "bad people" who possibly will kill you, or police, who may have the ability to arrest you.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:48 am

Post by skitzer »

I locked the bedroom door. The key is hidden somewhere in my house, in a very detailed location. Heck, I could have swallowed the key, only so that I could back into my house if I was dissected. But I didn't. I hid it in my house.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:50 am

Post by GhostWriter »

And you locked the bedroom door for what reason? To keep you safe at night?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

GhostWriter wrote:And you locked the bedroom door for what reason?
To hide his guns. I call for an investigation LOL
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:18 am

Post by skitzer »

I'll let you investigate tonight, if you wish. I'll leave the door unlocked and hide at the home of whoever is investigating me. Personally, I did lock the door to stay safe at night.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”