mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:26 am

Post by mathcam »

petroleumjelly wrote:
mathcam wrote:Current thoughts on MGIA: My gut says that MGIA would't have made this move as pro-town without serious discussion beforehand. Now I haven't played a ton of games with MGIA, but my mental profile of him is as a solid and deliberate player, relying more on his scum-finding abilities than on unorthodox gambits (not that there's typically anything particular unorthodox about using one's role, but when the town has already agreed in thread that it would be best not to, I think it qualifies).
On the other hand
, I could certainly believe that a scum MGIA would be willing to take a chance at an immediate victory by using his role, figuring that even in the worst case scenario it wouldn't be an impossibly hard task to defend his actions. Again, this is just a gut reaction, so I think I need to re-read looking for MoS and CKD links.
How does "on the other hand" fit in? It seems that on both hands you're holding, you are leaning towards MGIA-scum.
The "on the other hand" was not meant to be the start of a counter-point, it was meant to start the discussion on the alternative case that MGIA was scum instead of town. They were both parts of the same argument that MGIA is likely to be scum from this point of view.
Beep wrote:I already said how I thought was scummy but I can't get anything right, right?
Oh, come on. We've all been wrong before. This seems like a little scummy in terms of over-the-top self-beratement. If you're town, now's your chance to redeem yourself.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:29 am

Post by hasdgfas »

why PJ?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Iammars »

Beep! Beep! - What the hell? Just because you can't vote doesn't mean that you should stop participating. You haven't done well on my scumdar for most of the game, and this didn't help.
hasdgfas - Pretty much confirmed town at this point? I think I understand the CKD/has deal now, and this confirms that has couldn't have been in the same group as CKD, right?
Holy - I have no clue about this person. I may have to read this person's posts individually to get more of a clue about her.
Mathcam - Most of what he says makes sense, but the same with petroleumjelly, and the two of them seem to be at odds. I'm not sure which of them to believe more, but I think that there is a chance that both of them are town. However, I am getting a better feel from mathcam than pj.
Mizzy - I have no clue about this person. I may have to read this person's posts individually to get more of a clue about her.
Mr_Gnome_It_All - I don't like this at all. Not at all. You couldn't at least have told us that you were going to do it before you did it? I don't even care about debate, I just want to know about the ability before it happens. There's no benefit for surprise about whether or not you're using the ability, so there's no reason for us not to know.
petroleumjelly - see mathcam.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Holy »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:Having one's vote taken away makes the game very boring for the robbed player.

Have fun...
Translation: "Having my vote take away is a convenient excuse for me to shut up and try to stay in the corner after it has been effectively shown how wrong I have been about practically everything."
Luls..! I can't help not to laugh :p

To rekindle Beep! Beep!;
Beep! Beep! wrote:
Holy wrote: But I didn't vote before now, because I wanted to know more about others stance regarding CKD vs Hasd case, so they cannot twist it tomorrow...
Please elaborate. What do you mean, know more about the others' stance? It sounds like you wanted to follow the majority on purpose. If you took a firm stance early, why do you fear twisting? What kind of twisting did you expect?
Knowing others' stance (their analysis) regarding "hot" issues or any issues, basically means knowledge about their process of thinking, in the end it's quite helpful when we need to compare which player likely pro-town or actually deceitful when re-reading them.
While not knowing their stance means a harder read on those players, it may be worse if end up with them fooling us later, as if they were "agree all along" or "actually opposing the case from the first time" kind of twisting.

Beep! Beep! wrote:Lynch PJ for crying out loud.
Hm, I haven't re-read PJ, but after watching him yesterday, he seems pro-town. So, what made you think he's the scum besides your guts?

Btw, watching BeepBeep yesterday, I'm starting to doubt my suspicion to her, or maybe I'm just fooled with her drama against CKD :p

Regarding MGIA's recruiting decision;
Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote:I don't just throw around votes, and have no intention of "quick-lynching" anybody.
I'll rely on those words for now >.>

mathcam wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Has, any reason why you don't want to tell us immediately?
This question set off my scumdar something fierce. Has obviously has a reason, whether it be because the information will be more useful later or that he's scum and hasn't though of the answer yet, or else he would have told us. Mizzy's question reeked of scum wondering whether or not she had been tracked/investigated/whatevered last night. In any case, my instincts tell me to give Has the benefit of the doubt until it becomes necessary to do otherwise. If he doesn't come up with something satisfactory, we can always insist that he breaks his posting restriction.

Cam
I can't be sure about this case. It could be simply a mere curiosity for hasd's motive.

petroleumjelly wrote:
Beep! Beep! wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:The problem, my dearest goofball, is that I may need to lynch MGIA first. If he is scum and steals another vote overnight, then the town could easily be put into a {3 votes} v {3 votes} situation, or worse.
Then nightkill me. Please.
I'll put it on my "list of things to do", then.
Wait..., is that a confession? :p

petroleumjelly wrote:[At home]

I was thinking while walking home: we cannot afford to lynch by a "plurality" lynch today, or on any other day from here on out. If do not formally lynch somebody, then all the scum have to do is switch their votes last minute to give somebody "the most votes" so that they will be lynched by plurality. We need to decide on a lynch and actually
lynch
them.
Deciding and discuss it before actually voting is okay for me, I'm doing that on my other mini-theme game atm.

Uhm, I guess I need to re-read PJ and BeepBeep >.>
I'm starting to doubt mathcam because his recent case towards Mizzy <.<
Gah! Need to re-read AmeliaSlay too...
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Holy wrote:Knowing others' stance (their analysis) regarding "hot" issues or any issues, basically means knowledge about their process of thinking, in the end it's quite helpful when we need to compare which player likely pro-town or actually deceitful when re-reading them.
I've made my views known aplenty. Go back and read.

There was a thread somewhere about broken roles... I think vote-stealer should top the list.

Greasy Spot(town) WAGON

mith(town), wolfcrier/BB(town), Sarcastro(town), Monkey(town), Captain Bandwagon/farside(town)
PookyTheMagicalBear(Jester), RossWilliam(town)
curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
Mastermind of Sin(SCUM)
*** petroleumjelly
*** Iammars

There is already 2 scum on this wagon. Unlikely that there would be a third or fourth.
Therefore, PJ and Mars get fifty townie points each.

Greasy Spot(town) OFFWAGON

Dani Banani(town), hasdgfas(town), Greasy Spot(town), alko(town)
*** BattleMage
*** MeMe/mathcam
*** Holy
*** QuickBen/ASlay

A lot of the voters off the GS wagon are not alignment-confirmed. Twenty five scumpoints a piece.

RossWilliam WAGON

Sarcastro(town)
al_kohaulec(town),
PookyTheMagicalBear(Jester)
*** Battle Mage
*** petroleumjelly

Small wagon on a townie. There may be one scum there. Fifty scum points each.

JDGA(town) WAGON

Monkey(town), hasdgfa(town), farside22(town), RossWilliam(town)
*** petroleumjelly

Last remaining player, no known scum. A hundred points to PJ.

farside22 (town) WAGON

Sarcastro(town), Talitha (town), al_kohaulec(town), RossWilliam(town)
curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
*** MeMe/mathcam

There is already one scum here, twenty-five points to mathcam.

Monkey(town) WAGON

al_kohaulec(town), Sarcastro(town),
PookyTheMagicalBear(Jester),
Mastermind of Sin(SCUM)
*** Holy
*** MeMe/mathcam

There is already one scum here, twenty-five points to Holy and mathcam.

Last minute townie wagon, I bet there is one other scum there, but because it was deadline, I will lower the points. Fifteen points each to Holy and mathcam.

Monkey OFFWAGON

Sarcastro(town) Beep! Beep!(town)
curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
*** Battle Mage
*** QB/ASlay
*** Iammars
*** petroleumjelly

Offwagon... one scum already. My gut tells me more scum off the wagon than on the wagon. Deadline and all.
Twenty points to all four players.

farside22 (town) WAGON

hasdgfas(town)
RossWilliam(town)
Mastermind of Sin(SCUM)
***curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
*** Holy
*** MeMe/Mathcam
*** Battle Mage

Two scum here. Thirty-three townie points each.

farside22 (town) OFFWAGON

Beep! Beep!(town)
*** Iammars
*** AmeliaSlay
*** petroleumjelly

No known scum hiding off wagon? Fifty scumpoints each.

petroleumjelly -50+50+100+20+50 TOTAL=170
Amelia +25+20+50 TOTAL=95
BattleMage +25+50+20-33 TOTAL=62
MeMeMe/mathcam +25+25+25+15-33 TOTAL=57
Holy +25+25+15-33 TOTAL=32
Iammars -50+20+50 TOTAL=20

You can just ignore the above, or shoot down. What's your pleasure?
Beep! Beep!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by mathcam »

Wow! Exciting levels of participation in the last 3 posts.

Beep: I think there's some pretty good info there, even if I find the numerical assignments somewhat arbitrary. How come only 6 people got rankings, and one of them is dead?

Iammars: I'm not sure I agree on your point against MGIA. If MGIA is town and thought his plan of using his role was of significant tactical advantage against scum, then letting everyone know about it beforehand probably would have just ended with him being night-killed. (Although the fact that he didn't actually make this argument yet today makes it rather unlikely that this was his thinking.)

Cam
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

mathcam wrote:Beep: I think there's some pretty good info there, even if I find the numerical assignments somewhat arbitrary. How come only 6 people got rankings, and one of them is dead?
Yes, they are somewhat arbitrary and colored by my own experience playing scum. Which one is dead? Amelia is replaced, not dead. Is that who you meant or someone else?

I consider hasdagas town so he's not included. I know my own alignment, so I include myself as town.
Beep! Beep!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

*takes aim*
READ THIS POST CAREFULLY

I won't even bother blowing out how bad your "strategy" here is to start off with -- you are not even considering context, explanations for votes, competing wagons, or possible motives for votes. Turning reality into numbers and then trying to fit the numbers back onto reality is a project that is doomed to failure.

I think giving me "town points" for having been on the Greasy Spot wagon is pretty dumb to begin with. As for the other "scum points":

1.)
Beep! Beep! wrote:RossWilliam WAGON
Sarcastro(town)
al_kohaulec(town),
*** Battle Mage
*** petroleumjelly

Small wagon on a townie. There may be one scum there. Fifty scum points each.
Things you conveniently miss: This wagon also had wolfcrier (aka
you
) on it in Post #527, as well as CKD-scum in Post #595. Captain Bandwagon also voted later.

This was a wagon on the beginning of Day Two -- I listed the three people I essentially wanted to participate more {RossWilliam, wolfcrier, Monkey}, and was willing to vote them all to start the day. I started with voting wolfcrier, and then switched to RossWilliam after he questioned my list (Post 494) and then made a made a wishy=washy post (Post 496).

I was more than willing to vote all three of them if it could get me a reaction. What's more, I was the first person
on
this "wagon"
(Post 497) (so it was not a "wagon" until others agreed with me), and I was the first person
off
this wagon
(Post 551) because I was satisfied to his responses to my questions, but I was not satisfied with wolfcrier. If you check the time between the wagon starting and me getting off, RossWilliam made his most substantive posts of the game -- the wagon effectively got him to participate and give opinions, which was the purpose of the wagon. This is already a superb example of why your "analysis" of votes is so useless.

Especially when you tailor it to not mention the fact that both yourself and CKD-scum were also on this wagon.

2.)
Beep! Beep! wrote:JDGA(town) WAGON
*** petroleumjelly

Say, nice trick. JDGA/wolfcrier is
you
, and I think you are
scum
. I love how 100 of my "scum points" stems directly from me having voted for you. But to make things even better, this wagon once again completely ignores context. When I unvoted RW, I voted wolfcrier again (I was the first to vote wolfcrier in the morning, by the way -- it was only a "bandwagon" because
people voted with me
).

How strange that I
do not remove my vote
for a very long while. Why? Because wolfcrier never satisfied me with his responses to my posts. I only unvoted JDGA because I was concerned with the players on the wagon, and I was going to be leaving for a while and knew my vote was not strictly necessary to lynch anybody.

Now, let's go over this wagon vote-by-vote, because it is quite enthralling.

-->
a.
I start things off with my list and a wolfcrier vote in Post 492. (1 vote)
-->
b.
hasdgfas follows in Post 493. (2 votes)
NOTE
: CKD then comes to save the day by weakly defending wolfcrier in post 495.
-->
c.)
I unvote wolfcrier in Post #497 so I can pressure RW. (1 vote again)
-->
d.)
After I am finished questioning RW, I go back to my wolfcrier vote in Post #551 (2 votes). Also note that during this time, Monkey was finally giving more opinions; the list of people I wanted to participate more was doing precisely that – except for wolfcrier.
NOTE
: CKD somehow completely misses the wolfcrier discussion, but gets "caught up" in the RW and alko cases. Instead of commenting on wolfcrier, he asks who wolfcrier thinks the Jester is. Gosh – CKD later kept calling Beep! Beep! the jester (so he would never have to actually vote for her). Anybody seeing a pattern? CKD actively avoids commenting on wolfcrier until he can call him (Beep! Beep!) the jester.
-->
e.
Tally votes wolfcrier after reading the game in Post #702. Some bandwagon so far – it's taken about six or seven pages to hit three votes. (3 votes)
-->
f.
Monkey votes in Post #709. (4 votes)
NOTE:
wolfcrier drops off the face of the planet, and then needs replacement. JDGA replaces wolfcrier in Post #757. During this time, the Farside22-wagon (getting up to 7 votes) occurs.
The scum were voting for Farside22 while townspeople were voting for wolfcrier
. Beep! Beep! ever-so-conveniently does not mention that these wagons occurred simultaneously.
-->
g.
Talitha unvotes due to replacement in Post #786. (3 votes)
-->
h.
RossWilliam votes JDGA in Post #845. (4 votes)
-->
i.
The final JDGA vote comes from Farside22 in Post #850. (5 votes)

Basically, the wolfcrier/JDGA wagon was incredibly slow. It was always competing against other wagons – to be specific, the failed D2 Farside22 wagon (which had CKD) and the Monkey wagon (which had MoS-scum on it). On Day Three, the Farside22 wagon had both CKD-scum and MoS-scum on it. Hunh.

The D2 Farside22 wagon and the Monkey wagon were both wagons which effectively neutralized the wolfcrier/JDGA wagon. If anything, these were
distraction wagons
away from the real prize. The fact that townspeople were on wolfcrier/JDGA while the scum were on Monkey and Farside22 is not surprising.

What's more, your analysis can just as easily be flipped against you. From
my
perspective,
every single person on the wolfcrier/JDGA wagon was town
, whereas the
other wagons had scum on them
Hmmm.

3.)
Beep! Beep! wrote: Monkey OFFWAGON
Sarcastro(town) Beep! Beep!(town)
curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
*** Battle Mage
*** QB/ASlay
*** Iammars
*** petroleumjelly

Offwagon... one scum already. My gut tells me more scum off the wagon than on the wagon. Deadline and all.
Twenty points to all four players.
Now how stupid is this? The people responsible for
lynching
Monkay get "town points", but those who were not voting him – but instead might have been actually onto scum – get "scum points". This is so terrible it hurts instead.
Beep! Beep! wrote: farside22 (town) OFFWAGON
Beep! Beep!(town)
*** Iammars
*** AmeliaSlay
*** petroleumjelly

Gosh, I get
more
scum-points for not lynching the Doctor
who I was arguing the whole day for people to consider being a Quack

~~~~~

Summary
Basically, the reason I have my "scum points" comes down to this:

-->
A.)
I did not help lynch either Monkey or Farside22.
-->
B.)
I voted for Beep! Beep!
-->
C.)
I voted for RossWilliam at the beginning of Day Two (when he is under no threat of being lynched) for information.

I guess you're right – I really
must
be scummy after all that! The numbers say so! Who cares if you don't even included everybody who was on the wagons? Whee!
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Also, I would like everybody to notice that Beep! Beep! is basically using numbers a shield to avoid actually giving commentary. When she turns out to be wrong, it is just a "statistical anomaly" which cannot be blamed on her. Blow away her numbers and there is nothing there but Wile E. Coyote quivering under a very tiny umbrella.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Also, you know, it would have really been swell if MoS and CKD has commented on more people. Maybe if somebody had asked them to analyze a person or two directly? It's really too bad nobody ever suggested for such a simple thing to be done. It would even have been even more excellent if somebody had done it at the beginning of yesterday so that they would have the full three weeks to work on it so there would be no excuse to not do a very simple pair of analyses.

*sigh* I suppose we're all just too short-sighted to think of something like that. Oh well.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Hey PJ, you've said a million times that I am scum.

You've looked at my analysis and you get all retentive, pretend not to understand it, and completely miss the point. You are obscenely misrepresenting the reasons why you got scumpoints.

Put your money where your mouth is and demand that other players lynch me.

Why aren't you voting for me?

Come on, lynch me. What's another townie lynch for you?
Beep! Beep!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

If you were actually town and believed in your numbers, you would have taken into consideration the points I just made and altered your numbers.

You missed people voting on the RossWilliam-wagon, including CKD-scum, which is pretty damned important. You give people "scum points" for not helping lynch Monkey and Farside22 without considering that it may be because they are actually voting scum instead of a townsperson -- in other words, your "numbers" has no way to account for competing wagons. Your numbers do not differentiate between types of wagons (except for the deadline wagon). You are not even including the CKD-scum wagon. You do not have an "on wagon"/"off wagon" analysis for each wagon. For the "off wagons" you do consider, you
do not
consider things such as (a) whether those off the wagon are
willing
to vote on the wagon; or (b) the reasons they are not on the wagon -- such as if they are objecting against it, not commenting on it, or pursuing some other lead.

Additionally, you are trying to portray your numbers as an objective reason to lynch somebody, when it completely relies on you being town to begin with. I am very much not missing the point -- I am striking the bulls-eye, and the fact that you are not deigning to respond to these points or even bother altering the problems I have pointed out (and I am sure there are others I have not pointed out) is only all the worse for you.

I made it clear quite a while ago why I am not voting for you right now. I should not have to repeat myself.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Okay, Beep, if you are town, begging/asking/daring people to lynch you is just plain anti-town. I ask you to stop that, now.

PJ makes a really good point that Beep should have looked at his post and re-evaluated her numbers...I see no reason not to. That's what I would have done, anyway. If I screw up and someone points it out, I fix it.

That said, I don't think that assigning "points" to folks is a very good way to scumhunt because it's so very subjective. It's a replacement for scumhunting to me, not a good way to do it. The participation is noted, though.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Shoot, not sure why I didn't ask this earlier:

Mod
, can you confirm whether CKD and MoS were part of the same mafia?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Ah, I knew there was something wrong.

Beep! Beep!'s "analysis" is also completely omitting tyhess/MGIA.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

^

Actually. Beep! Beep!, when did you write up that analysis? Last night? The day before? Today?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Bah, actually, forget answering that. Thought I was onto something.

[Specifically, I was wondering if Beep! Beep! had omitted MGIA and included Battle Mage as "alive" because she her scum group had originally planned on killing MGIA but not Battle Mage and she had written it during the night (or that she was under this impression whether or not her group planned it). But that doesn't make coherent sense -- she still would have included MGIA as dead in her analysis, and additionally she also would not have known (I assume, at least) that MoS was going to die and show up as scum].
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:32 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Mizzy wrote:PJ makes a really good point that Beep should have looked at his post and re-evaluated her numbers...I see no reason not to. That's what I would have done, anyway. If I screw up and someone points it out, I fix it.
Yeah, but PJ is scum. Why should I listen?
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:40 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:You missed people voting on the RossWilliam-wagon, including CKD-scum, which is pretty damned important.
It wouldn't change the conclusion from that wagon, maybe the amount of scumpoints, but they'd still stick to the same players.
petroleumjelly wrote:You give people "scum points" for not helping lynch Monkey and Farside22 without considering that it may be because they are actually voting scum instead of a townsperson
No, you just don't get it. They don't get points for not lynching Monkey. Everything stems from my belief that you'll almost never have a wagon without scum, and that you'll almost never have a whole scumgroup loading itself on a wagon, especially a townie wagon.
petroleumjelly wrote:your "numbers" has no way to account for competing wagons.
petroleumjelly wrote:More blahblah about motives for joining a wagon.
All of this is irrelevant f what I am looking at is the tendency for scum to distribute itself evenly on-wagon and off-wagon. The reasons they give are fluff.
petroleumjelly wrote:Additionally, you are trying to portray your numbers as objective...
They are.
petroleumjelly wrote:you being town to begin with.
Because that's MY way for ME to find scum. Note that I also put hasdagas in the town column, and removed him from the analysis, too.
petroleumjelly wrote:I am striking the bulls-eye
You are more clever than me. But you are scum just the same.
petroleumjelly wrote:I made it clear quite a while ago why I am not voting for you right now. I should not have to repeat myself.
You should. It's ridiculous for you not to.
Beep! Beep!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Thesp »

As per V/LA thread, power at my house has been knocked out since Friday afternoon - I'm posting here at work, but may not be able to catch up until power is back on (which may be as late as Wednesday). I will do my best to keep pace, sorry about the inconvenience.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Thesp »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Mod
, in the Cult of the Couch Recruiter role, you state:
Cult of the Couch Recruiter wrote:You are the Cult of the Couch Recruiter. Your role is public, but your alignment is not. Each night, you may select a person to join the Cult of the Couch. That player must accept, may no longer vote, and their name will be public.
The number of your votes are equal to the number of members of the Cult of the Couch, and they may not be split up among different people.
(e.g. If you and two others comprise the Cult of the Couch, your vote counts for 3 votes.) Should you die, the Cult of the Couch is no more, and former members will regain their ability to vote.
Is the highlighted portion meant to imply that "The number of your votes are equal to the members of the Cult of the Couch
who are currently alive
"?
Yes.
petroleumjelly wrote:
Mod
, can you confirm whether CKD and MoS were part of the same mafia?
I cannot confirm/deny that. (The Opening Post says what the Opening Post says.)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:53 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Beep! Beep!, that is such a terrible post. Things you need to do before anybody should even consider your "scores" (and this is not even bothering with the more substantive critiques about your
method
, just the information you are clearly omitting):

1.)
Include MGIA/tyhess.
2.)
Include Battle Mage as dead and town.
3.)
Show the RossWilliam off-wagon.
4.)
Show that the RossWilliam wagon had CKD-scum and wolfcrier (you).
5.)
Show the JDGA off-wagon.
6.)
Show the Farside22 off-wagon.
7.)
Splitting 100 points for every wagon without a scum on it is loading the game; not all wagons are equal. You are willing to adjust for the "deadline wagon", why not other wagons?
8.)
I do not agree that you should even split
less
points for the deadline bandwagon.
This game has different deadline wagons because we do not need to reach any number of votes to lynch; we only need somebody to have the "most" votes.
If it were necessary to reach a certain amount of votes, it would be understandable, but
not
in this context. A last-minute deadline wagon is the best way for a scum to help one of their partners avoid being lynched. If anything, your analysis ought to give more scum points for hopping on a deadline wagon.
9.)
Make a separate "analysis" without the assumption that you are town.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:58 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

10.)
Include the CKD-wagon.
11.)
Include the CKD off-wagon.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:00 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Furthermore, a question on your method:

Do you believe that every wagon has a scum on it? Your analysis certainly seems to assume as much.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:Beep! Beep!, that is such a terrible post. Things you need to do before anybody should even consider your "scores" (and this is not even bothering with the more substantive critiques about your
method
, just the information you are clearly omitting):

1.)
Include MGIA/tyhess.
Pointless, I assume he's town.
petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
Include Battle Mage as dead and town.
Adjusted and done, but it does not change conclusions.
petroleumjelly wrote:
3.)
Show the RossWilliam off-wagon.
No, it was too small a wagon. The net is too wide here.
5.)
Show the JDGA off-wagon.[/quote]No,
4.)
Show that the
petroleumjelly wrote:RossWilliam wagon had CKD-scum and wolfcrier (you).
Adjusted, conclusion unchanged.
petroleumjelly wrote:
5.)
Show the JDGA off-wagon.
petroleumjelly wrote:
6.)
Show the Farside22 off-wagon.
petroleumjelly wrote:
7.)
Splitting 100 points for every wagon without a scum on it is loading the game; not all wagons are equal. You are willing to adjust for the "deadline wagon", why not other wagons?
You do your own analysis and draw your own conclusions. I don't have INFINITE time.
petroleumjelly wrote:
8.)
I do not agree that you should even split
less
points for the deadline bandwagon.
This game has different deadline wagons because we do not need to reach any number of votes to lynch; we only need somebody to have the "most" votes.
If it were necessary to reach a certain amount of votes, it would be understandable, but
not
in this context. A last-minute deadline wagon is the best way for a scum to help one of their partners avoid being lynched. If anything, your analysis ought to give more scum points for hopping on a deadline wagon.
I disagree. If you're scum, and there are enough townies on the wagon, you don't bother compromising yourself. And the scum knows that the townies will lynch at the end of the day.
petroleumjelly wrote:[
9.)
Make a separate "analysis" without the assumption that you are town.
That's YOUR job, not mine. I found my scum, which is you. You find yours. If it's me, have my lynched.

1. Farside22
Second full doc claim. Was not nightkilled. Chose to protect a player unlikely to be targeted.

2. Ross Williams
On account of vote analysis. Also: Ross William wrote the following: "Yes, I am interested in hunting scum. But other than pressuring has to break his post restriction, I haven't done much yet" on Jan 28. His excuse is noobness. Connecting the dots: "i'm curious about your findings on Holy, Meme. I had kinda been overlooking her, and now" Two players also named by farside. This is why he voted farside: "pooky, i get what your saying, and i'm glad you spelled it out, because i wouldn't have thought of that, and now that I see it, it's enough to make me vote farside. I feel really bad cause you just replaced into a really bad spot, and didn't really have much chance to change things, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Sorry farside." This post: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 260#929260 also very strange.

Greasy Spot(town) WAGON

mith(town), wolfcrier/BB(town), Sarcastro(town), Monkey(town), Captain Bandwagon/farside(town)
PookyTheMagicalBear(Jester), RossWilliam(town)
curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
Mastermind of Sin(SCUM)
*** petroleumjelly
*** Iammars

There is already 2 scum on this wagon. Unlikely that there would be a third or fourth.
Therefore, PJ and Mars get fifty townie points each.

Greasy Spot(town) OFFWAGON

Dani Banani(town), hasdgfas(town), Greasy Spot(town), alko(town), BattleMage(town)
*** MeMe/mathcam
*** Holy
*** QuickBen/ASlay

A lot of the voters off the GS wagon are not alignment-confirmed. 33 scumpoints a piece.

RossWilliam WAGON

Sarcastro(town)
al_kohaulec(town),
Battle Mage (town),
CKD (SCUM)
*** petroleumjelly

Small wagon on a townie. Twenty-five scum points to PJ.

JDGA(town) WAGON

*** petroleumjelly

farside22 (town) WAGON

Sarcastro(town), Talitha (town), al_kohaulec(town), RossWilliam(town)
curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
*** MeMe/mathcam

There is already one scum here, twenty-five points to mathcam.

Monkey(town) WAGON

al_kohaulec(town), Sarcastro(town),
PookyTheMagicalBear(Jester),
Mastermind of Sin(SCUM)
*** Holy
*** MeMe/mathcam

Last minute townie wagon, I bet there is one other scum there, but because it was deadline, I will lower the points. Fifteen points each to Holy and mathcam.

Monkey OFFWAGON

Sarcastro(town) Beep! Beep!(town), Battle Mage(town)
curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
*** QB/ASlay
*** Iammars
*** petroleumjelly

Twenty points to all three players.

farside22 (town) WAGON

hasdgfas(town)
RossWilliam(town)
Battle Mage (town)
Mastermind of Sin(SCUM)
curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
*** Holy
*** MeMe/Mathcam

Two scum here. Thirty-three townie points each.

farside22 (town) OFFWAGON

Beep! Beep!(town)
*** Iammars
*** AmeliaSlay
*** petroleumjelly

TOP THREE:

petroleumjelly 178
Amelia 103
MeMeMe/mathcam 40
Beep! Beep!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”