Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Snix »

Near wrote:Responding to a prod.

I'm not sure what to make of this game. Everyone seems to be playing safe. And many have requested for a replacement. I did a quick re-read and don't really have any idea. Therefore, I agree with xtomx and request we get a deadline of something like 3 weeks. This might not be the best thing for town, but I am wiling to yield a small disadvantage to get this game moving.
Near, you're part of the problem of the slow moving game. Your vote hasn't changed from p2 I believe and you seem to post little in the way of discussion. What is your take on the Yvonne incident or do you see anyone else more scummy, ie me seeing as how your vote is still on me?
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Near »

OK OK. I will try to stir somethings up soon. Maybe write a contraversy post. But I need to do a re-read.
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Marmalade »

Xtoxm wrote:I think she's scum.
No, sorry. This doesn't work.

Why do you really want her to go? Although I can understand that her replacement may manipulate everybody, really, I don't think this is a huge concern, and instead, having the replacement is so much more advantageous.

Can you think of any other reasons why you would want a lynch instead of a replacement? I've just given one, as had you. Neither are substantial enough to warrant your position, however. Try again?

Bigger FoS: Xtoxm

---

On other news, I'm impressed with Scigatt and Snix for their recent posts, and not so impressed with Near's post, although we'll see what he says after his re-read. I primarily consider it important for everyone to continue to way in, as contribution is what we need most right now.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:47 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Well, then... if Yvonne's being replaced, then
unvote
. I'm happy to give the replacement a chance to be more useful than her.

A longer post will hopefully be forthcoming over the next few days, once I've finished having my ass-kicked by this goddamn stomach bug. :(
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:06 am

Post by Snix »

Yvonne's request for replacement is odd. She had no problem with what she was doing right? She didn't think she wasn't contributing. Then why would she want to replace herself when she was active-ish and not in the wrong from her POV. Other than to do exactly what I said the replacement would do: take away the pressure and maybe even rectify the horrible play she's been giving us by making us all take the replacement as an entirely new person. I'm with Xtoxm on this one. It bugs me that she just gave into neko's wish for replacement.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Marmalade wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I think she's scum.
No, sorry. This doesn't work.

Why do you really want her to go? Although I can understand that her replacement may manipulate everybody, really, I don't think this is a huge concern, and instead, having the replacement is so much more advantageous.

Can you think of any other reasons why you would want a lynch instead of a replacement? I've just given one, as had you. Neither are substantial enough to warrant your position, however. Try again?

Bigger FoS: Xtoxm

---

On other news, I'm impressed with Scigatt and Snix for their recent posts, and not so impressed with Near's post, although we'll see what he says after his re-read. I primarily consider it important for everyone to continue to way in, as contribution is what we need most right now.
Why?

Is someone automatically reset to nuetral read simply because they are replaced?

No. I wanted to lynch her based on what she'd said. That hasn't changed jsut cause she's not here anymore.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:40 pm

Post by Marmalade »

Xtoxm wrote:Why?

Is someone automatically reset to nuetral read simply because they are replaced?

No. I wanted to lynch her based on what she'd said. That hasn't changed jsut cause she's not here anymore.
You may think that she is scum. However, does that
really
pose majoir difficulties if she is replaced? What is the main disadvantage of her being replaced. I am hard-pressed to think of any. However, the main
advantage
of her being replaced is that we can have a longer Day 1; there are still many people we have not focused on, and that means that ending the day right now is unsatisfactory.

*Sigh* I feel this is a rather pointless argument, and rather than arguing about whether or not her being replaced is a good idea, we should
continue
discussing (it's quite clear she's not going to get lynched right now, anyway.) I think I need to do another read through. *grumble*
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:09 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Day 1 been long enough already :x
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:32 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I'm not necessarily for a yvonne-replacement lynch, but the way we are playing essentially rewards someone for just disappearing if the heat gets too much to handle. If this is the case the mafia are going to have an easy game.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:08 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Day 1 has now lasted nearly 6 weeks.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:57 am

Post by neko2086 »

xtoxm, longer days are good for the town.

Yvonne's replacement is very troubling. I wanted her replaced if she wasn't going to participate. Well, she started participating, but when the pressure was too much, she ditched. We can't hold the replacement entirely accountable, but that doesn't mean they get a clean slate.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Near »

Responding to a prod.

Unvote, Vote: The Admiral

Let's stir things up a bit. I will try to come up with why, but defend yourself you scum!
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Cephrir »

FoS: Near

Weeeeeeiiiiird post. Admitting you have no reasons kinda makes the pressure part irrelevant. Not that I disagree with the vote itself, but...wtf? Might be a vote if I wasn't more suspicious of ThAdmiral still.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:26 am

Post by klebian »

I think I have found a replacement for Yvonne. Should have one by the end of today.
I am now placing a deadline on this day- 3 weeks.
This day will end on or before April 26th, 4:00 P.M. Central Standard Time.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by klebian »

Ectomancer replaces YvonneSeer.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Alright. Ectomancer, we await contribution. If you're not convincing us you're not scum, then you might get lynched for Yvonne's suspicious behaviour. So, no pressure!
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Ectomancer checking in. Prepare to be manipulated.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Snix »

Near wrote:Responding to a prod.

Unvote, Vote: The Admiral

Let's stir things up a bit. I will try to come up with why, but defend yourself you scum!
That's not really what I meant. I was looking for something more than a vote. Actual reasons might be nice. Something the rest of us can look on and go: "oh, wow. I never thought of that" or "that doesn't seem right" even "I'm glad he agrees with us" would have worked.

You, sir, are going on my list.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

@Yvonne - Not everyone can actually pull off the single minded townie ploy without getting lynched. If you plan to use a strategy that will bring on the heat, make sure you have more practice taking it and keeping it away.

@Xtoxm - Why don't you just wear a T-shirt that says "I'm scum!"? Snix, you could wear the T-shirt that says "I'm with the goon" with an arrow that points to Xtoxm.

unvote, vote Xtoxm
. I want to lynch him "based on what he said."
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

So if my maths are correct that is 4 votes on me with 0 reasons supplied.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:54 am

Post by neko2086 »

Only 3, actually, since scigatt unvoted you and voted xtoxm, which was the correct move. Also, Cephrir did have some reasoning for you, and you responded to some of his concerns, but I don't think you hit all of them. The problem with Cephrir's reasoning, though, is that it all ends up boiling down to "gut" again, so essentially, I would say that ThAdmiral is right on this one. There have not been any convincing arguments presented against him.

Ectomancer, thanks for replacing in. Looking forward to hearing more from you, including more detailed analyses. Also, you seem to have an idea of what Yvonne was trying to accomplish. Can you elaborate on it?

Near, I think we've already established that before one defends oneself, one has to have something to defend against. If you're not going to present an argument, don't expect thAdmiral to respond. Please don't be intentionally useless like Yvonne. We know how well that panned out for her.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Snix »

Ectomancer wrote: @Xtoxm - Why don't you just wear a T-shirt that says "I'm scum!"? Snix, you could wear the T-shirt that says "I'm with the goon" with an arrow that points to Xtoxm.
It's reasonable to backlash at the people who want you dead but you're predesesor had dug herself a deep hole and you aren't doing much to try and get yourself out of it. IMO
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Snix wrote:
Ectomancer wrote: @Xtoxm - Why don't you just wear a T-shirt that says "I'm scum!"? Snix, you could wear the T-shirt that says "I'm with the goon" with an arrow that points to Xtoxm.
It's reasonable to backlash at the people who want you dead but you're predesesor had dug herself a deep hole and you aren't doing much to try and get yourself out of it. IMO
Your moral support of Xtoxm proposing to lynch a player before a replacement arrives has little to do with my predecessor (other than her actions setting up the scenario itself). It is acceptable that you may not like it, but if you are town, you take the hand you are dealt, wait for the replacement, and put the screws to
them
. This effort to remove a player whose voice has gone silent does not sit well with me.

Now, if you believe my predecessor had dug herself such a deep hole, you wont mind describing the dimensions of this hole in your own words would you?

@neko - I might get around to it, we'll see if I have the time. I started reading backwards, and then picking some individuals to look at based upon what I was seeing.

As for what Yvonne was trying to do, I suspect it was along the lines of ABR's method as outlined here:

viewtopic.php?t=7958

The problem with singlemindedness (and especially early with not much to press your case with) is that you are just as likely to take heat yourself. Someone like ABR can take it and dish it back. The playstyle works for him.
She did fairly well, getting up to 3 votes on ThAdmiral. That's good material, but her problem was she also managed 5 votes on herself and appears to have lacked either the time or the ability to deflect the attention.
Some people trying this playstyle are just going to get lynched. Hence my recommendation that she get more defensive experience before trying out that kind of style.

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Scigatt »

Ectomancer wrote:
Snix wrote:
Your moral support of Xtoxm proposing to lynch a player before a replacement arrives has little to do with my predecessor (other than her actions setting up the scenario itself). It is acceptable that you may not like it, but if you are town, you take the hand you are dealt, wait for the replacement, and put the screws to
them
. This effort to remove a player whose voice has gone silent does not sit well with me.

Now, if you believe my predecessor had dug herself such a deep hole, you wont mind describing the dimensions of this hole in your own words would you?

@neko - I might get around to it, we'll see if I have the time. I started reading backwards, and then picking some individuals to look at based upon what I was seeing.

As for what Yvonne was trying to do, I suspect it was along the lines of ABR's method as outlined here:

viewtopic.php?t=7958

The problem with singlemindedness (and especially early with not much to press your case with) is that you are just as likely to take heat yourself. Someone like ABR can take it and dish it back. The playstyle works for him.
She did fairly well, getting up to 3 votes on ThAdmiral. That's good material, but her problem was she also managed 5 votes on herself and appears to have lacked either the time or the ability to deflect the attention.
Some people trying this playstyle are just going to get lynched. Hence my recommendation that she get more defensive experience before trying out that kind of style.
What do you think about ThAdmiral?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Snix wrote:
Read: "You're not doing much to get out of it... because you called me scum."

I could go for an Xtoxm lynch, but would still prefer ThAdmiral. Never did think Yvonne was scum, still don't.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”