Newbie 584: Mark it "done"!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:17 am

Post by icemanE »

SD_Reaper wrote:OMG, I just noticed. IcemanE, I LOVE DEATHNOTE. lol
one of my favorite animes of all time. Along with bleach and naruto.
(and everyone knows L was the best character in the anime lol) :)

Yeah I just finished the series today, great ending, awesome show :!:
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Twiglees »

I'm just going to reread the thread and have a quick analysis coming up; probably tomorrow
Mod: Could ting be prodded when possible; I believe that would either be Today (Friday) or Monday, due to you not proding on Monday.
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
Lost Newbie 584 as Day 4 lynch
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Twiglees »

EBWOP:
Mod: Could ting be prodded when possible; I believe that would either be Today (Friday) or Monday, due to you not proding on Monday.
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Xdaamno wrote:
muffinhead wrote:Well for me iceman hasnt come up with a single good reason to vote anyone out.

1st up was snailman cause he wasnt a kiss fan

then me for being to defense imdiatly after voting snail, also i have posted more then anyone so i dont c how i can be defensive.

Then sd for rv on page 1

and straight away in all situations has gone defensive and unvoted immidiatly.

I am really keen to get an icemane vote however he is a noob and it simply could be bad play and i need to be certain before voting.

question for icemane. y shouldnt we lynch u first up?
Bah! My suspiscions are jumping all over the place, and I'm going to start again.

Vote: muffinhead

A) You're pretending iceman's kiss-based random vote was serious, which it obviously wasn't.

B) Posting isn't 100% correlated to how overdefensive you are, especially not inversly correlated.

C) You're talking about him as a n00b, in the third person, when you are yourself; false elitism. I do often think this is a scum tell.

D) You ask an impossible question of him that he can't possibly give a satisfactory answer to. If you're confident the question is fair, why shouldn't we lynch
you
first up?
to question D

Well of course ur not going to get a satisfactory answer, alothough the question could just give himself away.
and y u shouldnt lynch me? simply because i have contributed more and am determined to find scum. If we lynch a scum first up then we hav a massive advantage. Finally u asked the question and i answered it therefore u cant call me being overdefensive.

Ok so question for icemanE because i like to adress people with questions as u said lol,
anyways, who do u think now is most likely to be scum
I don't like how SD and muffinhead swooped in for the kill after I noted some suspicions of icemanE. The worst part is that they are mostly rehashing my arguments
Ok this doesnt make sense to me, how did i swoop in for the kill for asking questions to icemane? I wanted to c him under pressure and how he would respond to pressure. Also how did I rephase ur comment rishi when i said 3 times more then u
FoS My suspicions that i have stood by were that Rishi and Spz were scum, ( now IcemanE). It seems scummy to me that right when IcemanE gets a little bit of pressure someone jumps to defend him, not xdaamo, not twiglees, not ting,........but Rishi..hmmmmm
Now this really doesnt make sense, how come that throughout this whole game u have seen rishi as scum. Also how does defending icemanE make rishi scum. I have seen many situations where the ic wouldve voted off there noob partner in an attempt to not look sus, or at the very least ask a few more questions.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by icemanE »

Ok so question for icemanE because i like to adress people with questions as u said lol,
X and SD
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:39 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

SD_Reaper
(3):
Twiglees, farside22, Snailman8

icemanE
(1):
SD_Reaper

muffinhead
(1):
Xdaamno

not voting
(4):
icemanE, muffinhead, Rishi, ting =)

Lynch at five.

ting =) has been prodded.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:13 am

Post by Rishi »

icemanE wrote:
X and SD
Why X? This is the first I've heard of this, I think.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:15 am

Post by icemanE »

Rishi wrote:
icemanE wrote:
X and SD
EBWOP: Meant to say SD and Muffin, sorry.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote:
Rishi wrote:
icemanE wrote:
X and SD
FOS: Iceman

I know it's a mistake. It's just a mistake more likely to be made if you're making it up.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Twiglees
Twiglees
Townie
Twiglees
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Twiglees »

OK, I've reread and I'm going to post a scumchart: 1. means most scummy, whatever the lowest number is means leess scummy. A few people I can't get reads on; I will state my opinions on these people later.

1. SD_Reaper. I feel that he is contributing very little on the town. All the posts, especially his early ones, seem to be a bit suspicious. His later posts are getting better; he could be newbie townie or newbie power role. However, I feel that he is most likely to be scum due to saying thar Rishi is scum. I can't see why.

=2. IcemanE/spZ: He has rose up to become scummy in my opinion. It could be newbie town. The lynch -1 vote would not be particularly scummy on its own; however he seems to be voting even though he could be innocent. Lynch -1 should not be taken lightly unless you are very sure that this person is scum.

=2. muffinhead: My opinions on muffinhead are based on earlier events; namely stating a spZ/IcemanE-Rishi scumteam was likely. However, he seems to have asked a fairly impossible question to icemanE. The only way anyone could guarantee their innocence is a cop investigation or quoting role PM. Number 1 will not happen on day 1, number 2 is against the rules.

4. ting =): This is just because he seems to have disappeared: if he comes back, he will be lowered in this list.

I can't see scumtells off farside22, Rishi, Smailman8 or Xdaamno. They all seem town to me. Current;y I can't see anything wrong with an SD_Reaper lynch apart from the chance to a newbie power role.
Show
Completed game results

As town:
0-0

As Scum:
0-1
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:47 am

Post by icemanE »

I know it's a mistake. It's just a mistake more likely to be made if you're making it up.

Eh? Could you explain this?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by icemanE »

OK, I've reread and I'm going to post a scumchart: 1. means most scummy, whatever the lowest number is means leess scummy. A few people I can't get reads on; I will state my opinions on these people later.

1. SD_Reaper. I feel that he is contributing very little on the town. All the posts, especially his early ones, seem to be a bit suspicious. His later posts are getting better; he could be newbie townie or newbie power role. However, I feel that he is most likely to be scum due to saying thar Rishi is scum. I can't see why.

=2. IcemanE/spZ: He has rose up to become scummy in my opinion. It could be newbie town. The lynch -1 vote would not be particularly scummy on its own; however he seems to be voting even though he could be innocent. Lynch -1 should not be taken lightly unless you are very sure that this person is scum.

=2. muffinhead: My opinions on muffinhead are based on earlier events; namely stating a spZ/IcemanE-Rishi scumteam was likely. However, he seems to have asked a fairly impossible question to icemanE. The only way anyone could guarantee their innocence is a cop investigation or quoting role PM. Number 1 will not happen on day 1, number 2 is against the rules.

4. ting =): This is just because he seems to have disappeared: if he comes back, he will be lowered in this list.

I can't see scumtells off farside22, Rishi, Smailman8 or Xdaamno. They all seem town to me. Current;y I can't see anything wrong with an SD_Reaper lynch apart from the chance to a newbie power role.

Not to devalue your efforts or anything, but these all seem like fairly unfounded reasons to be suspicious of people.

Your opinions, and why I question their validity:

1. SD - Why does calling Rishi scum make SD scum? Are we not supposed to suggest that other players are scum? By that definition anyone playing the game IS scum, if they assert their opinion. When you say "I can't see why" do you mean you can't see why SD suspects Rishi?

=2. Iceman - I have addressed these issues in earlier posts and won't repeat myself.

=2. muffin - The "impossible question" has been asked a few times already this game and everyone knows that it is impossible to answer. Why does asking this question make you more suspicious of muffinhead?

4. ting -Not a very good reason to be suspicious in my opinion - maybe he has important personal things to take care of, and the mafia forum is not first on his mind.

The oddest thing about this list is that the parts about both SD and myself admit that we might just be playing poorly because we are inexperienced noobs. They say we may very well be town. If that's the case, why aren't we below muffinhead and ting, since you don't even mention that they might be town in your post?
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by SD_Reaper »

However, I feel that he is most likely to be scum due to saying thar Rishi is scum.
How does suspecting Rishi to be scum make me most likely to be scum? Its just a suspicion that has been going mind. I dont see how suspecting Rishi of scum makes me appear scummy. Please explain to me why suspecting Rishi makes me look like mafia.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by icemanE »

QFT:
How does suspecting Rishi to be scum make me most likely to be scum? Its just a suspicion that has been going mind. I dont see how suspecting Rishi of scum makes me appear scummy. Please explain to me why suspecting Rishi makes me look like mafia.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Xdaamno wrote:
icemanE wrote:
Rishi wrote:
icemanE wrote:
X and SD
FOS: Iceman

wow can someone tell me how to possibly get x mixed up with muffin? escpically considering i asked thequestion in the first place.

Now ive decided to make a list of scumtells for each person.

Xdammo- to me he has never really looked sus however as 1 of 3 ics i reckon he has the ability to pull it off as a scum. Correct me if im wrong but i believe he is most experienced and if he isnt scum then could be vital for the town.

Sd_reaper- Well me and him have been on a roller coaster ride. I feel as though he has made some horribly scummy looking comments. He very easiliy be scum and it looks like it however as i said previously i just have a thing telling me that he is not scum.

Twiggles- I dont believe he has posted enough however he seems to be a follower in voting along with the majority and hasnt contributed enough. But most importantly hasnt answered my qiestion i asked 2 pages ago and brought it up serveral times. However since there has been many sus noobs i find him least unlikly noob to be scum.

IcemanE- Well he came in and made some poor arguments but at least he has contributed plenty whether it is tue or not and that i am thankfull of. I am still very sus of even though I think i was worse in the first 2 pages and now im a changed man and i think thats where he is. However IGMEOY still lol i should use that phrase more often.

S8- well to me he hasnt contributed enough either and just like twiggles he has voted in the majority. If i had done this scumlist 3 pages back he would be right up on my scumlist because he started the game with 3 votes and didnt respond for approx 4 days. Then ever since has voted in a big group looking desperate for a lynch. He has gone quiet again however he has explained himself since and now i am less sus of him.

So question for s8- who besides sd do u think is most likly to be scum.

rishi- Well rishi has made a couple of odd statments and i have 1 i am still waiting for a response to. Also he has been corected by x on more then 1 acassion, but with this said i have seen nothing but town vibes, i cant c rishi being scum from here evne know hes an ic and most ics can pull t off from no where i cant picture rishi being scum.

as for ting and faside they both havnt posted enough however farside said he would be back in a couple of days and has at least explained himself.
So farside once u come back i hope to c u post very frequently.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by icemanE »

wow can someone tell me how to possibly get x mixed up with muffin? escpically considering i asked thequestion in the first place.

maybe i did that on purpose, the world will never know
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Rishi »

SD_Reaper wrote:
However, I feel that he is most likely to be scum due to saying thar Rishi is scum.
I actually somewhat agree with this. Until you know whether or not I am scum, you can't call someone scum for suspecting me. Now, if I get lynched or killed tonight and it is proven that I'm town, then the argument holds a little more weight.

However, it is true that SD has made some incredibly poor arguments against me. But his vote isn't on me at the moment, so we could chalk it up to an early suspicion.

Also, muffinhead, what question are you still waiting on an answer about?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 am

Post by icemanE »

I actually somewhat agree with this. Until you know whether or not I am scum, you can't call someone scum for suspecting me. Now, if I get lynched or killed tonight and it is proven that I'm town, then the argument holds a little more weight.
Sounds fishy.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Xdaamno »

icemanE wrote:

Eh? Could you explain this?
If you scum, I'd guess you're more likely to be making your suspiscions up, and therefore unsure of your 'facts', which is why you may of slipped up with the names.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:58 am

Post by icemanE »

If you scum, I'd guess you're more likely to be making your suspiscions up, and therefore unsure of your 'facts', which is why you may of slipped up with the names.
Technically we are all "making our suspicions up". There are no facts, it's all opinion and evaluation. In the post where I answered muffin's question about who I thought was scum, I didn't cite anything, I simply listed two names. You can make of that what you will.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:47 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Waiting on twiglees to respond to previous post.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:53 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

Iceman, this does seem really suspicious that you would mistake one person for another if you are thinking about that person and what they said in previous posts and speculations. It deffinately opens up the possibility that you could be making up some of your suspicions. Hence why you still have my vote.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:41 am

Post by icemanE »

Iceman, this does seem really suspicious that you would mistake one person for another if you are thinking about that person and what they said in previous posts and speculations. It deffinately opens up the possibility that you could be making up some of your suspicions. Hence why you still have my vote.
That's fine. I'm still very suspicious of you, as well. I don't know why you think I'd "make up my suspicions" even if I was scum, that doesn't make much sense to me.

unvote

Vote: SD_Reaper

The way I read that last post of yours, it seems like you're trying to distract everyone from the fact that YOU were the other person I mentioned that I was suspicious of, and that seems suspicious. That deserves a vote.
SD_Reaper
SD_Reaper
Goon
SD_Reaper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:17 am

Post by SD_Reaper »

The way I read that last post of yours, it seems like you're trying to distract everyone from the fact that YOU were the other person I mentioned that I was suspicious of, and that seems suspicious. That deserves a vote.
Actually, everybody understands why you think that i am scum. That's why i didnt mention it. I think that it is kinda obvious. Now the fact you are using that weak reasoning to put me L-1 says something.
Listen to your logic. You say im trying to distract everyone from the fact that "i" was the other person. Yeah i guess... if you dont mention the fact that xdaamo and muffinhead pointed it out the same thing earlier. So you are saying that i deserve to be put at L-1 because i and two other people found your post suspicious. Common, thats terrible reasoning. You are putting me at L-1 because you are too nervous cause you know you are scum and im attacking you.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:32 am

Post by icemanE »

Actually, everybody understands why you think that i am scum. That's why i didnt mention it. I think that it is kinda obvious. Now the fact you are using that weak reasoning to put me L-1 says something.
Listen to your logic. You say im trying to distract everyone from the fact that "i" was the other person. Yeah i guess... if you dont mention the fact that xdaamo and muffinhead pointed it out the same thing earlier. So you are saying that i deserve to be put at L-1 because i and two other people found your post suspicious. Common, thats terrible reasoning. You are putting me at L-1 because you are too nervous cause you know you are scum and im attacking you.

This whole paranoia about L-1 is totally ridiculous. If three other people weren't just as suspicious of you as I am you wouldn't be at L-1. My vote is of equal value as theirs.

Also, muffinhead and X did point that out earlier, so technically there was no NEED for you to do it again. That's what's suspicious about it. I'm also not too worried about what you think of me, as you're the most evidently suspicious person in the group.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”