Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

QuantumFruit wrote: @EmpTyger: If it seems as though Cephrir and I are buddying up, why are you suspicious of Cephrir and not of me? It's fairly obvious why darkdude.
I know this is totally not directed at me, but I feel like answering this one for myself.

Even though I have disagreed with you at times (like when I was voting you) throughout this game QF, I feel your behavior has been pretty much the same. Cephrir was much more aggressive D1, had a big part in the mozsuggs lynch, and now is playing much "safer."

I keep thinking about the post where he said "I don't know who to suspect now, everyone looks town." That kind of post always sets off my scumdar. When people "don't know what to do!!!!!1111" For a variety of reasons, I don't like this argument.
1)None of us really know what to do... we're just pushing people to try to figure it out. So... why even say this? It's like you're trying to act town wihtout helping.
2)This argument is convenient for scum because: It's hard to manufacture reasoning as scum! Scum know they're lying and thats hard for most people. Scum are afraid to be caught, and they know the more info they give, the more chance of them contradicting htemselves because its all lies anyway.
3)Scum want to pass through without making themselves a huge prescence in the town. The don't want to be blamed too much when town mislynches.

So I think the "I'm confused and don't know what to do post" is scummy. And scum revert to this frequently.

I continue to find darkdude and cephrir to be scummiest.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Akonas »

Cephrir wrote:
Akonas wrote:I find it interesting that people are saying they were really sure that they found mozsuggs scum. I didn't see him as all that overtly scummy; more overtly moronic. But when people do that, more often than not they are town. The problem is that they then proceed to clog up the work and cause problems for town.
I don't agree. Stupidity =/= town. Would you let idiot scum ride by because they're idiots? Didn't think so. moz was obviously either awful scum or even worse town at the point we went after him, and I'm pretty sure most of us thought the scum option was more likely.
But idiocy isn't really a scumtell. It's more likely to have idiot town than idiot scum, simply because there's more town than scum.
Cephrir wrote:
Akonas wrote:Taking someone's life should always be serious business. But seriously, though, we don't want to lynch a townie.
I don't follow. Do you know he's a townie? More seriously, why were you suspicious of vikingfan for being suspicious of dd, but not anyone else who is/was suspicious of him?
No, I don't know he's a townie; I'm suspicious of him, but I'm not sure.

Oh, and as for vikingfan:
vikingfan wrote:After seeing mozsuggs' alignment, I'm not sure about darkdude, especially since it seems that he may be framed by the mafia. It seems like, to me, the mafia were almost entirely sitting back and letting mozsuggs commit suicide (which is basically what he did).

I'm not holding vod's hammer against him: A) someone has to do it, and B) he was pretty much pissing us all off at that point.
  • Why do you think he was framed by the mafia? Was this invalidated when you voted him?
  • You're not holding vod's hammer against him because he was pissing us off, not because you thought he was scum?
  • You think the mafia were sitting back and letting mozsuggs commit suicide, which is pretty much what you did--you know, except for that one post where you were like "oh no he's gonna get lynched...ohwaitnevermind. Seems like lip service to me.

• Oh right, so you were voting darkdude and then
    let him commit suicide
    ... And since you knew the mafia were just sitting back, VoD wasn't mafia--after all,
    you knew what the mafia were doing... Scum.

More to come; I only finished page 21 so far.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

Pink Puppy wrote: Even though I have disagreed with you at times (like when I was voting you) throughout this game QF, I feel your behavior has been pretty much the same. Cephrir was much more aggressive D1, had a big part in the mozsuggs lynch, and now is playing much "safer."
Cephrir 520 wrote: I toned it down a bit on D2 because, well, D1 is D1. On D1, you sometimes need to be aggressive to get reactions out of people and/or to get things to actually happen. I also am not as sure about my suspects right now as I was about moz.
Is that not good enough for you or did you not see it?
PP wrote:I keep thinking about the post where he said "I don't know who to suspect now, everyone looks town." That kind of post always sets off my scumdar. When people "don't know what to do!!!!!1111" For a variety of reasons, I don't like this argument.
1)None of us really know what to do... we're just pushing people to try to figure it out. So... why even say this? It's like you're trying to act town wihtout helping.
Not like that! Sheesh. Of course none of us know for sure, unless we're cops with a guilty; I obviously meant that I didn't know who to vote for. You'll notice that 2 pages later, I came up with a scumlist and voted based on it. If I was acting like I didn't know who to vote for for a substantial amount of time, I could understand your suspicion. But that wasn't the case. Also, you refer to my not knowing what to do as an "argument"; it wasn't. I just needed to reread, and I did, problem solved.
2)This argument is convenient for scum because: It's hard to manufacture reasoning as scum! Scum know they're lying and thats hard for most people. Scum are afraid to be caught, and they know the more info they give, the more chance of them contradicting htemselves because its all lies anyway.
I made an LoS two pages later. I wasn't sure for a little bit, reread the thread and then voted. You're making this into something it's not at all.
PP wrote:3)Scum want to pass through without making themselves a huge prescence in the town. The don't want to be blamed too much when town mislynches.
Right! That's why I've been one of the more posty players in this game! That's why I was aggressive on D1! Because I didn't want to get noticed! Wait, that doesn't make sense.

This is getting obnoxious. When I responded to your case the second time (my 491) you ignored it and kept saying you thought I was scum. Stop twisting my words and making up scummy things I've done.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

Akonas wrote:But idiocy isn't really a scumtell. It's more likely to have idiot town than idiot scum, simply because there's more town than scum.
Meh. That wasn't the #1 reason for his lynching, although his lack of defense due to stupidity was a factor.
No, I don't know he's a townie; I'm suspicious of him, but I'm not sure.
Yeah, but why were you suspicious of vikingfan for being suspicious of dd?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:15 am

Post by darkdude »

You don't know why you said something. You felt like speaking your mind, but you didn't bother thinking it through. And you didn't want to be helpful. Hmm.
Interesting. Early in the game I was also accused on being too "calculated" in my posts.

Does throwing around potential clues not help? When I stated that I noticed the phenomenon, I did not expect anything to come out of it, but I decided to say it anyways because it can't hurt, and could POTENTIALLY be helpful.

I mean, it's not as if everything you say is helpful either. Did you expect that some of your points would be refuted? If so why did you say it in the first place?

Seems to me you're trying to make a nonsensical case based on nothing.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

QF:
QuantumFruit [547] wrote:<snip>
@EmpTyger: If it seems as though Cephrir and I are buddying up, why are you suspicious of Cephrir and not of me? It's fairly obvious why darkdude.
The Cephrir-you interaction isn’t the only factor influencing how I will vote. (Cephrir’s 3-mafia slip > your early D1 freakout.) I feel that there’s more against him, so if I’m going to be voting someone over that, it’s going to be him rather than you. If you really want, you can commit some blindingly obviously antitown actions, and I’ll be willing to recalculate.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Sorry for lack of contribution last few days, I have Glandular Fever so some days I get too tired to even post properly and I dont wish to make half assed attemps at contribution.
So my last train of thought was about Akonas/Darkdude

This starts with Akonas reaction to some of darkdudes posts. At this satge Darkdude is at 4 votes and a few others appearing to be not far from voting either. In response to DDs rather feeble defence we have this:
Akonas wrote:We don't need you to prove that you're pro-town using the iron fist of logic. That's not what we mean by "defend yourself." Just freaking play the game, and don't use this craplogic crap. It's not just craplogic but lack of logic. I think what's happening here is you're a newbie, you see people attacking you, you freak out and don't know what to do. The difference between you and mozsuggs is that you weren't being an ass in the first place.

Townies don't need to worry about being seen as scum. Try to find who scum is and you will help town win. Worry overmuch about suspicion on you and you will just serve to clog up the works. I don't know whether you're scum or not; I'm getting some scum vibes, but the fact that people are suspicious of you DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL GET LYNCHED! So just put your head on your shoulders and PLAY THE GAME.

At first read I thought wow could this be a scum to scum pep talk but as I explored this with the following exchanges I got a more scum helping a townie vibe which I will explain. But I think both are possible.

The comparison to moz here to me suggest he is trying to insinuate DD could be town and to cut him some slack. Akonas seems very keen on saying about DD I think him newb not sure scum or town.

His following post seem rather helpful and friendly towards DD not pressuring or attacking which to me seems odd for somone he gets scummy vibes from.

He mentions this which I see a bit strange:
Akonas wrote:Vikingfan especially seemed completely fine with lynching darkdude, and that bothers me.
Cephrir questions this and the reply is
Akonas wrote:Taking someone's life should always be serious business. But seriously, though, we don't want to lynch a townie.
Cephrir picks up on and interesting point asking do you know DD to be town.
This I believe could be a scum slip up as Akonas line about DD had been he is newb not sure scum or town. The response is:
Akonas wrote:No, I don't know he's a townie; I'm suspicious of him, but I'm not sure.
Now Akonas interactions while DD was top suspect indicate to me that either he is scum buddies with DD or DD is an innocent townie and Akonas is wishing to appear helpful and leniant on a suspicious person (whom was looking likey for a lynch) because he knew he would turn up town. Im more looking at the later option here.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Cephrir...I totally disagree with you.
Cephrir wrote:This is getting obnoxious. When I responded to your case the second time (my 491) you ignored it and kept saying you thought I was scum. Stop twisting my words and making up scummy things I've done.
I didn't ignore your case. I just don't buy your excuses. I can't just keep saying the same thing over and over again, so I didn't respond to you after 491. I am entitled to still think you are scum. You are entitled to disagree with me, but don't say I am twisting your words, or making things up.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

Way to ignore the rest of my post, which was also a response to you. And you absolutely did ignore my case. Pretending something isn't there and ignoring it ARE THE SAME FUCKING THING. Saying "I don't buy your excuses" is complete crap. That's just an excuse to be suspicious of me regardless of any defense I post; you're basically saying "here's why I think you're scum, and I will continue to think you are scum for these reasons even if you explain yourself reasonably". You can't still be suspicious of me for saying I didn't know who I was suspicious of, because I've since explained that I just needed to reread; and I did so, and then had suspicions. Continuing to hold that against me is utter bullshit.

Unvote, Vote Pink Puppy
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:20 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Dude... why do I have to buy your excuse? And an excuse doesn't make your behavior any less scummy.

You asked people to explain why they suspect you. I am the only one to do so. And I am the only one you vote. Don't you think it's scummier to say you suspect someone and give no reasons?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

It's not an excuse, it's the truth. If you're going to make a case against me, you can't expect to completely ignore my response. If someone is accusing you, and you defend against their accusations, do you think it is reasonable to go on voting them with no more reason than "I don't buy your defense"? If ou still suspect me, give me some freaking reasons. I explained why my "scummy behavior" is not scummy. Example: You claimed that I was suspicious for not being suspicious of anyone for a short while, because "scum don't want to get caught in a lie". This theory makes no sense considering that I reread and came up with suspects 5 posts later. Therefore, why is it still suspicious?

Seriously, it's sooooo obvious that you've realized I'm right and you can't beat my defense, so you've decided to continue to claim I'm scum with no reasons.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

[qote="Emp"](Cephrir’s 3-mafia slip > your early D1 freakout.)[/quote]
I can't believe you are using that as a scumtell. I have never even seen a 12 player mini normal that didn't have 3 mafia.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:34 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Cephrir wrote:It's not an excuse, it's the truth. If you're going to make a case against me, you can't expect to completely ignore my response. If someone is accusing you, and you defend against their accusations, do you think it is reasonable to go on voting them with no more reason than "I don't buy your defense"? If ou still suspect me, give me some freaking reasons. I explained why my "scummy behavior" is not scummy. Example: You claimed that I was suspicious for not being suspicious of anyone for a short while, because "scum don't want to get caught in a lie". This theory makes no sense considering that I reread and came up with suspects 5 posts later. Therefore, why is it still suspicious?
Because you still said it. And about your whole LoS. I don't think that's such a pro-town thing to do when you also say that mafia wouldn't do it because it causes them to get caught later. Maybe if someone else had brought it up. But the fact that yo usaid it makes it look to me like that is why you did it -- to look pro-town.
Cephrir wrote: Seriously, it's sooooo obvious that you've realized I'm right and you can't beat my defense, so you've decided to continue to claim I'm scum with no reasons.
Why on Earth would I keep voting you if I realize you're right?? When I think you are right, I will stop suspecting you. And you are totally FULL OF IT, when you say I keep suspecting you with no reasons. I am the only one who keeps posting reasons.

You can disagree with me... that is not scummy. But to say I have no reasons -- that is scummy.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

Because you still said it. And about your whole LoS. I don't think that's such a pro-town thing to do when you also say that mafia wouldn't do it because it causes them to get caught later. Maybe if someone else had brought it up. But the fact that yo usaid it makes it look to me like that is why you did it -- to look pro-town.
No, that's not my point. My point is, you say I'm suspicious for not having suspicions, but I did. That was only for, like, one post that I didn't. Is saying "I need to reread" scummy? 'Cause that's what I meant.
Why on Earth would I keep voting you if I realize you're right?? When I think you are right, I will stop suspecting you. And you are totally FULL OF IT, when you say I keep suspecting you with no reasons. I am the only one who keeps posting reasons.
If you don't think I'm right, TELL ME WHY YOU ARE PRETENDING TO THINK I AM WRONG. And you may not be "suspecting" me with no reasons, but you are as far as I can tell, because I've defended against all of the ones you've posted and you haven't followed up on that.
You can disagree with me... that is not scummy. But to say I have no reasons -- that is scummy.
Would you prefer the phrasing "your reasons are no longer valid"?
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

I really don't think I am ignoring your posts or persisting in an idea that is ludicrous. If I am, that is not my intent. I am trying to be honest how I feel about you and provide you with reasons and responses.

I will try to go back and answer you more directly about certain issues if that will help.

I just wonder if anyone else thinks I am being unreasonable with you.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

Please do. My 491, 520 and 553 are the ones you've ignored or only quoted very small parts of.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Akonas »

I'll read through your mudslinging when I get around to it.
EmpTyger wrote:Hold on, I just reread my role, and it seems I missed a small detail. Apparently, all of that stuff I claimed is only true on April 1.

Unvote: EmpTyger

:D APRIL FOOLS :D
...LaL? ... :roll:

EmpTyger wrote: Akonas:
Akonas [522] wrote:<snip>
vikingfan wrote:Akonas: it's not the fact that you didn't like me, it's the fact that you felt the need to buddy up to Talitha in the process. So it's not OMGUS.
Fair enough.
<snip>
vikingfan wrote:Akonas: it's not the fact that you didn't like me, it's the fact that you felt the need to buddy up to Talitha in the process. So it's not OMGUS.
Enh... I don't know about that; I was just saying that I liked where she was going. Take it as scummy if you like; I don't see it.
<snip>
Pick one?
I'm saying that it's fair for him to complain about my buddying up to Talitha, but I don't think I really was. I do, however, see how that would be a valid accusation, and I don't really see how to defend against it.

Pink Puppy wrote:
darkdude wrote:
Also, you appear to skirt around questions fairly heftily. Care to explain this tendency? I don't feel this is particularly helpful for town and I'm not entirely sure why you do this.
I don't know. This part about idling around was written when I just felt like speaking my mind, and it was something I noticed. I never intended for it to be a real help or anything.
Maybe you should try helping?

unvote; vote darkdude
darkdude wrote:@ I try to, but I still have a lot of work these days...I can only spare time to browse here a few minutes per day for now...
Darkdude: Then don't complain about others?

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:Now Akonas interactions while DD was top suspect indicate to me that either he is scum buddies with DD or DD is an innocent townie and Akonas is wishing to appear helpful and leniant on a suspicious person (whom was looking likey for a lynch) because he knew he would turn up town. I'm more looking at the later option here.
I'm just trying to be helpful so that we don't lynch YET ANOTHER stupid townie.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:13 am

Post by QuantumFruit »

@VoD: Fair enough - it wasn't something I was suspicious of or anything, I just thought I'd warn people against dismissing scum possibilities in those who form good arguments.

@PinkPuppy: Really? I find it pretty easy to manufacture reasoning as scum. It's harder as town because you don't know who's actually know who's scum, so I get wary of manufacturing arguments against anyone because I can convince people, but then if I'm wrong...not helpful.

@darkdude:
darkdude wrote: Interesting. Early in the game I was also accused on being too "calculated" in my posts.

Does throwing around potential clues not help? When I stated that I noticed the phenomenon, I did not expect anything to come out of it, but I decided to say it anyways because it can't hurt, and could POTENTIALLY be helpful.

I mean, it's not as if everything you say is helpful either. Did you expect that some of your points would be refuted? If so why did you say it in the first place?

Seems to me you're trying to make a nonsensical case based on nothing.
Calculated? Really? Maybe artificial, calculated implies a higher level of efficiency.

My points getting refuted is helpful because if I'm wrong and someone thought what I thought, they might change their minds. People might think more in general. Then, the case that refuted mine might be refuted. We would theoretically then approach the truth.

--

Lunch break over. I'll finish the rest later.
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:46 am

Post by windkirby »

Cephrir's rather overreactive response is kind of bothering me... I do believe that PP isn't using the best logic on Cephrir, but that doesn't seem quite as bad as his explosive responses. On one side of the coin, a townie is more likely to be angry with someone he thinks to be scum, but then again, a scum might get angry getting pinned with little logic to push it... I do believe that his reaction was extreme, but I'm having trouble finding a tell in that.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Cephrir... I will do what you ask, but it is tedious and stupid. And I resent you saying I ignored all your posts. Just because I did not quote every part of it or comment on your every sentence does not mean I "ignored it."
Cephrir 491 wrote:
PP wrote:I still don't see your arguments. I viewed his posts in isolation too to try to see it your way. I do agree that his posting style is very different that some players in this game. He did quote stuff, post a line of his feelings on it, then move on. I don't think that's bad though. Concise? Yes. Scummy? I dunno. Maybe you can explain this further if you still disagree.
But concise is not helpful if he's not really saying or contributing anything.
You say he wasn't contributing or saying anything. I think he was, but in a concise way. To me, he was contributing. It was just in a different style.
Cephrir 491 continued wrote:
And the "not proactive" argument. In certain cases, I agree that somebody who acts ONLY reactively, and does not contribute original content ideas, or lead any voting, IS scummy. But I don't think that is what zeddicus did.
Well, it is what zeddicus did. He didn't really say much, he just used others' reasons, and didn't lead anything. Go ahead, find me a place where zeddicus "led voting". It doesn't exist.
Try post 14 where he calls out windkirby for having a double standard. QF votes him later, and so do you. You might not have had the same reasons as him, but you were all voting WK at the same time, putting pressure on him. And he voted WK first. He also questions Akonas, Talitha, darkdude and Mozsuggs.
Cephrir 491 continued wrote:
The argument that someone is "reactive" and therefore must be scum, does not fly with me -- it must be combined with other factors for me to care. The whole game is reacting to what people say.
It's not that he was reactive, but he was
not proactive
-- you can be reactive
and
proactive, which is what you need to be in order to accomplish anything in this game. And if you don't think it's enough of a scumtell for you to care, good for you. I disagree. If you never really add anything to the game... it's just so easy for scum to slip under everyone's radar like that, and I feel like that's exactly what he did.
I disagree that he was not proactive. See last comment.
Cephrir 491 continued wrote: That said, I am going to back off on EmpTyger for a while. I overreacted a bit to my discovery that zeddicus wasn't contributing enough and put him higher than he should have been on my scumlist, I guess I was just excited about having found something. I also want to give him a chance to prove himself, being a replacement, and his first post is a step in the right direction. If he's acting scummy later, I'll be extra suspicious because of zeddicus' actions, but for now I'll give him a mostly clean slate. He's now below Akonas and darkdude.
Unvote
PP wrote: will go so far as to say people who use "he's overdefensive" or "he's reactive" as a argument, are probably scum. This is because it is such a gray area -- where does defending yourself become overdefensive? Where does reacting to other people's scummy actions become reactive? And it is much to easy for scum to accuse someone of this, and when they try to defend themselves, the scum can say "see? You're being reactive again! You're soo overdefensive!"

Cephrir, you have used both "overdefensive" (regarding windkirby) and "reactive" as arguments in this game. Do you still think they are viable arguments?
I have to address the two parts of this argument seperately. You keep using the word reactive, but that's not the problem. The problem was "not proactive", and there is a significant difference. And when someone responds to a case against them, that's when reactive is good. You're saying this argument is one scum would make based on things you think scum could do with said arguments but that I haven't done. Putting words in my mouth again.

Your argument actually does apply to overdefensiveness, though. I've realized in the interim that overdefensiveness is a sucky scumtell, and no, I don't think that argument holds any water anymore. You'll notice from my list I'm no longer suspicious of wk, and I haven't been for a while; that's why.
I think there is a problem with this whole exchange. I don't think zeddicus was "not proactive" and I think for you to phrase it that way makes it impossible for him to defend himself without you being like "that's not proactive. you're just responding to what I said." That's what I find scummy, that you are setting him up for failure based on something I don't even think he did.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Cephrir wrote:
PP wrote:I still think you're scum...
Okay.... why?

That quote you took from me on D2 wasn't criticizing you for being aggressive. I wasn't being sarcastic, I actually couldn't tell how aggressive you were trying to be and wanted to know.

I toned it down a bit on D2 because, well, D1 is D1. On D1, you sometimes need to be aggressive to get reactions out of people and/or to get things to actually happen. I also am not as sure about my suspects right now as I was about moz.
I still think you're scum for all the reasons I have written. You can sort posts by Pink Puppy for the answer.

The quote from D2 may not have been a criticism but it looked like one.

I disagree that you have to be agressive on D1 and not on other days.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

Cephrir... I will do what you ask, but it is tedious and stupid. And I resent you saying I ignored all your posts. Just because I did not quote every part of it or comment on your every sentence does not mean I "ignored it."
You hardly quoted any of it at all; only the parts you couuld use to make me look bad. And you may as well have ignored them because you just kept going without acknowledging them at all.
(Example of one time zeddicus was proactive)
Okay, that's one. I was talking about on the whole.
I think there is a problem with this whole exchange. I don't think zeddicus was "not proactive" and I think for you to phrase it that way makes it impossible for him to defend himself without you being like "that's not proactive. you're just responding to what I said." That's what I find scummy, that you are setting him up for failure based on something I don't even think he did.
But it's not like that. Because i wouldn't do that. It's obviously wrong and silly. I meant his general playstyle, because obviously you have to react to other peoples' posts (*cough*). If I did make that argument later, then you would have reason to be suspicious, but I didn't. You're basing this on a hypothetical argument that I could have made, but that doesn't matter, because I didn't. You could roleclaim scum right now, but that doesn't matter, because you won't; and I'm not about to be suspicious for that because you didn't do it.
still think you're scum for all the reasons I have written. You can sort posts by Pink Puppy for the answer.
Once again, you're basically saying that you would simply disregard anything I said in my defense. Is this the case? I could just as easily do the same thing toi you that you're doing to me right now; I could make a case on you and ignore everything you say in your defense. Would you like that?
I disagree that you have to be agressive on D1 and not on other days.
It's not that you
have
to; I just thought it might be a good idea. That's how I got through Day 1; afterwards I went back to how I play normally.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Cephrir wrote:
Pink Puppy wrote: Even though I have disagreed with you at times (like when I was voting you) throughout this game QF, I feel your behavior has been pretty much the same. Cephrir was much more aggressive D1, had a big part in the mozsuggs lynch, and now is playing much "safer."
Cephrir 520 wrote: I toned it down a bit on D2 because, well, D1 is D1. On D1, you sometimes need to be aggressive to get reactions out of people and/or to get things to actually happen. I also am not as sure about my suspects right now as I was about moz.
Is that not good enough for you or did you not see it?
I see a change in your play and I think it is scummy. I don't see any reason to stop playing aggressively because it isn't D1 anymore.
cephrir wrote:
PP wrote:I keep thinking about the post where he said "I don't know who to suspect now, everyone looks town." That kind of post always sets off my scumdar. When people "don't know what to do!!!!!1111" For a variety of reasons, I don't like this argument.
Not like that! Sheesh. Of course none of us know for sure, unless we're cops with a guilty; I obviously meant that I didn't know who to vote for. You'll notice that 2 pages later, I came up with a scumlist and voted based on it. If I was acting like I didn't know who to vote for for a substantial amount of time, I could understand your suspicion. But that wasn't the case. Also, you refer to my not knowing what to do as an "argument"; it wasn't. I just needed to reread, and I did, problem solved.
Haven't I already answered this?? I think people expressing the feeling that they "don't know what to do" is scummy. Sorry if you meant it otherwise, but that's the way it sounds to me. I have just seen scum do it before.
Cephrir wrote:
I made an LoS two pages later. I wasn't sure for a little bit, reread the thread and then voted. You're making this into something it's not at all.
Why does the amount of time between your scummy post and your next post make any difference? Because you tried to correct yourself I should forget?
PP wrote:3)Scum want to pass through without making themselves a huge prescence in the town. The don't want to be blamed too much when town mislynches.
Right! That's why I've been one of the more posty players in this game! That's why I was aggressive on D1! Because I didn't want to get noticed! Wait, that doesn't make sense.
You were agressive D1 but not today, and the quote and behavior I am commentin on is from today. So don't make it like I am referring to D1. I am not.
This is getting obnoxious. When I responded to your case the second time (my 491) you ignored it and kept saying you thought I was scum. Stop twisting my words and making up scummy things I've done.
What is obnoxious is that you claim I have no reasons if you disagree with mine, and say I "ignore" your posts if I don't quote and respond to every sentence that you write. That is a ridiculous standard to hold anyone to. I have commented on your arguments and sometimes quoted what I thought were the most important parts, or areas I thought should be clarified or discussed further. Now I have tried to go into greater detail if that's what you want.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

Haven't I already answered this?? I think people expressing the feeling that they "don't know what to do" is scummy. Sorry if you meant it otherwise, but that's the way it sounds to me. I have just seen scum do it before.
Town can not know, too.
Why does the amount of time between your scummy post and your next post make any difference? Because you tried to correct yourself I should forget?
No; you argued that it's convenient for scum to not have suspicions, because they don't want to manufacture reasoning, and I was pointing out that I did, so the "scum don't want to manufacture suspicions" thing doesn't apply.
You were agressive D1 but not today, and the quote and behavior I am commentin on is from today. So don't make it like I am referring to D1. I am not.
The way you said "scum want to X" implied to me that you meant in general. If you think my being less aggressive today is a scumtell, fine, you're entitled to that opinion. Your whole post I responded to was about general scum mannerisms, and I was pointing out that my D1 play was no consistant with that.
What is obnoxious is that you claim I have no reasons if you disagree with mine, and say I "ignore" your posts if I don't quote and respond to every sentence that you write.
It's not because I disagree with your reasons, it's because after I respond in a way that (to my mind, at least) is a fine defense, you don't back them up again and instead go on claiming I'm scum. You don't have to respond to everything I write, but when you attack me, and I defend myself, I definitely do expect you to either have something else to say on the matter or back off.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”