Mini 533: Something wicked this way comes! Game over!

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Why am I the prime suspect? Because I am trying to explain why you are probably town even though your actions point towards scum?

And what does it hurt mafia to buddy up to a doomed town person for an entire day?

"Buddying might be plausible if it occurs over a short period of time.

I find it highly unlikely that Michel has decided to "buddy" with me for the ENTIRE day. "

I don't understand the jist of what you are saying here; why wouuld a mafiate go to the trouble of teaming up with a townie that was most obviously going to be lynched, for, what, a few days in real time... and then quit? The whole point of hte exercise would be to say "See I told you so, he's town and that means I am town too" - which is exactly what you are trying to say about Michel. Now, he knows you are sacrificing yourself rather than look at him in a bad light, so WHY would Michel suddenly decide, with you as town and he as mafia, to attack you? Everyone knows that the only people who are town are the people who defend you (in your eyes) so why would he want to get someone who is about to be proven to be town to be against him, by attacking that person? When everyone ELSE is attacking that person and pushing a mislynch that will, AS YOU SAY, put attention on other players?

And now you want to get me lynched, because I saw this weeks ago (in real time), called it out, and have been consistently calling out, when I could have hammered you, what, a week ago(?)

You said that Michel isn't scum because he could have quick hammered you earlier in the day - but I could have quick hammered you, today, also, and am instead pushing a more likely wagon. So why are you voting me?

Michel has ALREADY written you off, Zeek. He is no longer trying to avoid your lynch (except through the mandatory lip-service), he is already focused on tomorrow's mislynch.

You Have Been Consistently Wrong In All Of Your Judgements Zeek. WAKE UP.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:40 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

No, no. Its a win-win for him. If you don't get lynched, then he has your trust. If you do get lynched, he looks better.

And for me, this is mostly a hypothetical for your own edification. . . because you're scum who clearly doesn't know how to buddy up to anyone. It is a possible alternate scenario, but not the most probable one.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:01 am

Post by shaka!! »

/faceplant
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:03 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

We are talking ourselves around in circles here, and have been for a very long time. Nobody is changing their opinion at this point.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Skruffs »

Basically:

So you're (anyone who thinks Michel is scum) telling me you think it's actually "likely" that Michel, as scum, prevented the day from ending quickly just to completely derail the ENTIRE bandwagon against me (getting it down to just 1 vote) because he knew that eventually 3 players would get replaced and therefore it would swing back on me and he'd still be able to get me lynched because of their inability to read past page 8 or so of the thread? If so, bravo for him and he deserves to win then.
I con't imagine Michel scum wanting to end the day quickly by voting you, especially if he and you were buddying since day one, ebcause when you are revealed as town it would completely eliminate all the work he did buddying up to you. Also, with you alive, you are drawing so much mroe attention to yourself, which allows scum who play in his style to casually talk in a confident, placated style which winds up stirring other people into reacting impulsively to the person who is the most attentive: You.

The replacements don't matter: Michel can't lynch you without drawing attentiont o himself, and as long as you are alive, you will continuously be drawing attention to yourself *for him* and any other scum.

You are, literally, a menace to the town, wether you are really a miller, or not.

Goodbye! I'm hammering you in my next post.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by ting =) »

OGML wrote:We are talking ourselves around in circles here, and have been for a very long time. Nobody is changing their opinion at this point.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:16 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Skruffs wrote:Michel has ALREADY written you off, Zeek. He is no longer trying to avoid your lynch (except through the mandatory lip-service), he is already focused on tomorrow's mislynch.
I don't see how I could still be trying to avoid Zeek's lynch. I have given my arguments why I believe Zeek to be town. The only thing I could still try would be to make another bandwagon even larger then Zeeks, but with the people who believe Zeek is the best lynch, those that believe I'm scum, and geraintm, who seems to be not interested in lynching anyone (he believes soupfly is the best lynch, but has made no arguments whatsoever for this), I won't find the majority I would need anywhere.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

I see no reason whatsoever to drag this day out any longer. There were no posts whatsoever in the last 36 hours. In two days, Zeek will be the deadline lynch anyway, and BM can answer Zeeks question tomorrow too.

Sorry to hammer someone I believe is pro-town, but this day needs to end.

Unvote: Shaka!!

Vote: ZeekLTK
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:07 am

Post by Qman »

Final Vote count of Day 2!!

Soupfly
- 1 (geraintim)
OhGodMyLife
- 1 (ZeekLTK)
MichelSableHeart
- 2 (soupfly, Skruffs)

ZeekLTK
- 6 (TheSweatPantsNinja, BattleMage, shaka!!, ting =), OhGodMyLife, MichelSableHeart)

Not Voting - 0

After many many many days (99 to be exact) the town comes to a desicion -
ZeekLTK must die!
. It is then, understandable that ZeekLTK didn't approve of this idea, and fought long and hard against being strung up, eventually winning a promise from the town to not hang him.

To bad they didn't say anything about pushing him off a cliff. Which they did.
Remember children it's not the fall that kills you, it is the sudden stop at the end.

THUD
* Ewwwww.

After ZeekLTK is turned into ZeekPankcake someone finds his wallet nearby, and opens it up to find a Bakers Union card tucked away behind the ID card.

Damn

ZeekLTK, Miller,
is dead.
Last edited by Qman on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Qman »

Players have until Midnight PST April 2nd to submit Night Choices. Day will begin sometime on the 3rd.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by Qman »

The day dawns bright and early. Birds sing, rainbows glisten, and a dead man lays in the middle of Main Street. Someone finds the dead man and rolls him over to discover whom it is.

Sadly, the good MichelSableHeart is dead, victim of a fritter which had no almonds in it, but sure smelled like almonds. People never learn, alas poison has claimed another life. But what of MichelSableHeart, was he Good? Or Evil? We shall let the white smock answer that question for us.

MichelSableHeart, Doctor
, is dead.

The town gathers for the funeral deep in mourning over the loss of the doctor, 8 people attending. The problem here is that the decedent is one of those attending and that means someone is missing. After a quick head count you all deduce it is the local loner, Skruffs, and rush over to his house to check on him. Breaking down the door when there is no answer, you enter a world unexpected;

Three things jump to the minds eye.

First is a computer displaying a wallpaper from serialkillers.com
Second is a serial killer calendar, flipped to April. This months picture? Why John Wayne Gacy!
Last but not least, a workbench covered with blood and an odd white powder, with Skruffs slumped over it with a hole in the back of his head. Using your massive powers of deduction and after checking his pulse, you figure out he's dead. But really the congealed blood and lack of ppart of his skull should have told you that at first glance.

Skruffs, Serial Killer
, is dead!

It is now Day 3.

With seven alive, it takes four to lynch.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by geraintm »

hello all
going to get this out of the way now.
am off on holiday next week.
this means that i will not be online from friday UK teatime to a week tuesday after (15th).
sorry if this is going to mess things up.

yeah, and if anyone who wasn't on the lynch gets lynched today then i'll be shocked. you just all work out who it is going to be walking the plank whilst i am away...
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:42 pm

So if there are three mafia, we are in lynch or lose. So no one vote, please. Pseudovotes and FOS's should be the order of the day.

That said,
FOS Battle Mage.
Petunho jumped on just about every bandwagon there was to jump on, and BM, on entering the game, hopped on zeek's, and went a long way toward getting him lynched.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Post by geraintm »

3 mafia is my assumption
am def not voting for anyone soon, probably not till i get back from holiday.
consider at the moment all who voted for zeek on my suspiscion list.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:15 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

BAH!

AND:

I told you guys Michel wasn't scum!
Tigers ate my signature.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:14 am

Post by Skruffs »

Boo! :D
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

geraintm wrote:3 mafia is my assumption
am def not voting for anyone soon, probably not till i get back from holiday.
consider at the moment all who voted for zeek on my suspiscion list.
I strongly disagree. A 12 player game with my 3 man mafia team, and 1 SK? thats 1/3 of the town as scum at the start, and 2 anti-town kills per night. Speaking as a regular moderator of mini games, i'm relatively sure that we're only dealing with a 2-man mafia group, barring a whole host more protown power roles. 0.o
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

geraintm wrote:hello all
going to get this out of the way now.
am off on holiday next week.
this means that i will not be online from friday UK teatime to a week tuesday after (15th).
sorry if this is going to mess things up.

yeah, and if anyone who wasn't on the lynch gets lynched today then i'll be shocked. you just all work out who it is going to be walking the plank whilst i am away...
anyone else find this post scummy as hell? :shock:

FoS: Geraintm

Vote: Shaka

Discuss.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:30 am

Post by geraintm »

why is my post scummy?
cause i am disappearing for a while?

and you seem awfully sure there are only 2 scum for placing a vote so quickly
Battle Mage wrote: A 12 player game with my 3 man mafia team,
but what the hell was that? "my 3 man mafia team"??
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

geraintm wrote:why is my post scummy?
No, just a bit odd that you'd mention it immediately as if it was a big deal. Going away isnt scummy, but being apparently defensive about it, is.

Then you declare that the lynch has to be someone on the wagon yesterday, which seems like a blatant attempt to get a mislynch going. Note also, that this criteria only excludes you and Soupfly.

Then you ask us to decide who to lynch WHILE YOU ARE AWAY!? Do you not care about this game or something?
Geraintm wrote: and you seem awfully sure there are only 2 scum for placing a vote so quickly
Thats because i AM awfully sure. Look through a few other mini themes. Then tell me a 3-man scumgroup here would be acceptable.
TSPN should know this...
Geraintm wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: A 12 player game with my 3 man mafia team,
but what the hell was that? "my 3 man mafia team"??
typo lol.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:55 am

Post by geraintm »

Battle Mage wrote:
geraintm wrote:why is my post scummy?
No, just a bit odd that you'd mention it immediately as if it was a big deal. Going away isnt scummy, but being apparently defensive about it, is.
no, as i only have today and tommorow before i go, i wanted to make it quiet clear i ws going to everyone. i wasn't being defensive. i quiet clearly said am getting this out of the way now.
geraintm wrote: yeah, and if anyone who wasn't on the lynch gets lynched today then i'll be shocked. you just all work out who it is going to be walking the plank whilst i am away...
Battle Mage wrote: Then you declare that the lynch has to be someone on the wagon yesterday, which seems like a blatant attempt to get a mislynch going. Note also, that this criteria only excludes you and Soupfly.

Then you ask us to decide who to lynch WHILE YOU ARE AWAY!? Do you not care about this game or something?
hmmm, me thinks you are making way too much out of my post. any post where the phrase "walking the plank" is included i don't think can be taken too seriously.
and i still stand by the thought that i fully expect the person who gets lycnched at the end of today will be one of those who was in on the lynch yesterday. i don't see how that is me pushing for a mislynch
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:13 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

geraintm wrote:and i still stand by the thought that i fully expect the person who gets lycnched at the end of today will be one of those who was in on the lynch yesterday. i don't see how that is me pushing for a mislynch
Its pushing specifically for a not-you lynch, which is scummy.
FoS: Geraintm

Battle Mage wrote:I strongly disagree. A 12 player game with my 3 man mafia team, and 1 SK? thats 1/3 of the town as scum at the start, and 2 anti-town kills per night. Speaking as a regular moderator of mini games, i'm relatively sure that we're only dealing with a 2-man mafia group, barring a whole host more protown power roles. 0.o
Better safe than sorry, though. I agree that three mafia and an SK would be a tall order for the town to overcome, but we don't know what other power roles there might be, and I'm not just going to assume there are less mafia and be flippant with my vote today. I think its a good idea to be cautious and play like we're in LyLo.

More coming later when I have time, as I said yesterday I have some ideas on who looks scummy with zeek cardflipping town, and no, geraintm, its not a foregone conclusion that zeek's wagon is what will have caught the scum.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:47 am

I don't think its as likely that there's a three-man mafia group, but we did have a full cop-doc combination, so I don't consider it impossible. We should play like there is one just in case.

I have, and will continue, to vehemently not support the not-you tell. As town, it is thoroughly in mine, and everyone else's interest, to not get me lynched.

Anyway, I'm rereading the game now, and will explain further why BM is scum then. Or have changed my mind. Whichever.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:52 am

BM is scum, because in retrospect, petunho was scum. And, y'know, BM replaced him. He jumped on all those bandwagons. He spent all of Day 1 and Day 2 just barely floating under the radar without ever committing too strong to one side or another.

My leading second-scum candidate is ting/quickben, narrowly over OGML.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:36 am

Post by shaka!! »

vote: geraintm

Case coming soon, school first ):

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”