dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Celebloki wrote:Everyones probably gonna be out and about and nothing will really happen.
that is so not true..and if you really think that you need to think about what you just said
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Celebloki »

well, I mean that most people will probably say they are gonna go to so and sos house and do whatever, then they'll just get a PM back saying that person wasn't there cause they were out. This isn't a normal mafia game where all the vanilla townies sit at home and wait to die or get protected/investigated.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by armlx »

Celebloki wrote:How does insisting going on an investigation seem scummy? Wanting to see something for my own eyes instead of listening to heresy from someone telling me what they saw. We have no idea of the credibility except maybe Surye. I already said I'd be happy if at least Surye went then I would have been comfortable not going. So your saying its more pro-town to wanna sit here and listen to someone else tell me what they saw?
I'd rather just trust the most confirmed people we have then let someone go with them and fuck it up.
Celebloki wrote:And in my opinion ending the day isn't a bad idea because then we'd see what Cyberbob was. I forsee that it will be hard for anyone to get NKed solely because of the ???? roles. Everyones probably gonna be out and about and nothing will really happen. Whereas if we sit around and keep lynched people during the day without knowing what they truly are, then the mafia have the upper hand. They know who each other are and can purposely guide other players into who they know are town.
We get to end the day eventually anyways. Whats the rush.

We wont lynch a bunch of people, but 2-3 seems like a good start.

Also, once we stop lynching and start discussing other things, anyone who tries to rush a lynch on us will be considered for lynching. Thats how it usually works in other games as well if people try to rush lynches while people are discussing other things.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I definitely see where your coming from, my main concern is what I have already iterated, that some people in this thread (some that have already taken drastic steps) may not be as patient as you. I know it will provide us good info, but then what if day 2 comes along and we have lynched a lot of valuable townies that we needed. I just think lynching too many people is a bad idea while we still really don't know that much valuable info.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by armlx »

Trust me, when the options are don't lynch people or off to the gallows, people mellow out pretty fast.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by dahill1 »

yeah so far it mainly seems like just you (celebloki) and surye are impatient
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I guess we'll see what happens.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Surye »

We already discussed earlier in the game that mutliple lynches without alignment reveal is a anti-town situation, did we not? I don't see how we're any different then those conversations.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Celebloki »

dahill1 wrote: yeah so far it mainly seems like just you (celebloki) and surye are impatient
Why? because we're the only ones talking. I'm sorry that we're not like everyone else who has dropped out of the discussion and been lurking for a few days now.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Celebloki wrote:
dahill1 wrote: yeah so far it mainly seems like just you (celebloki) and surye are impatient
Why? because we're the only ones talking. I'm sorry that we're not like everyone else who has dropped out of the discussion and been lurking for a few days now.
i wasn't saying that in an insulting manner
it's just that you two, so far, are the only ones to want to go to night
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by armlx »

Surye wrote:We already discussed earlier in the game that mutliple lynches without alignment reveal is a anti-town situation, did we not? I don't see how we're any different then those conversations.
I don't think we really did. And while masses of lynches are bad, lynching a couple people who are separately scummy (read: one is scummy regardless of the other's actions and their actions regarding the other) seems very beneficial.

Aside: Happy birthday celebloki.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by Surye »

Lets see what a bit of boredom can cook up... :lol:

1. Primate

Lurking in every sense of the word. Has not posted in this game since Sunday, but has been content active in other areas of the site. After his initial theatrics, I find this HIGHLY suspicious.

2. DrippingGoofball

Armed up with ABR at the first chance, before it was a need (as everyone didn't already have guns). This in it self does not seem so scummy, but as others have said, this can create ????? actions that could be dangerous. Going to ABR's QB also seems credible to me, though as I understand it she'll lose her arms during that period per ABR.

3. Albert B. Rampage

ABR's QB move is an interesting one. If he has any useful night actions, he is giving them up in order to shelter others. This honestly puts him as pretty pro-town in my mind, and sort of a Vanilla claim as he probably doesn't have night roles, or atleast any worth that much. Also, as he said, that could keep scum off the streets, and I don't think that with 4 people present, anyone will try anything too incriminating.

His prodding me, and forcing my hand on the claim still feels wrong to me, but I can see it either way.

6. Battle Mage

I have a gut feeling about his vig claim, but I can't really support it other then he had all that firing power, and he seemed open about it, not attempting to hide it at all. Ultimately what I see this as meaning is that we have another semi-confirmed we don't have to worry about.

Also, I think admitting to viging Sarcastro pretty much confirmed him, as most everyone was believing him before he said that, and adding that just risks him looking like a bad vig. He even gloated a little, though we couldn't see it then:
Battle Mage wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Haha we got rid of the annoying ones. Two birds, one stone, is that what you call it ?
qft
7. Surye

<Redacted>

8. skitzer

Has been quite inactive, popping in for a quick comment or two every once in a while. From what I can tell, he is quite active on the forums, but looks like he may just be in too many games to really give this one any attention. Lurker with agenda? Perhaps.

9. Celebloki

Has kept decent steady participation, but doesn't seem to want to add too much to the discussion, yet to propose anything wholly radical, until his recent campaign to end the day early, which I have been vocally not against. But honestly I have not gotten a good read on him.

10. Sensfan

Another infrequent participant. The last thing said was:
Sensfan wrote:Haven't read over the whole thread yet, but in response to 251, "I have info I'll claim when I get to L-X" is incredibly scummy.

Withholding vote until read through is done.
Not sure what this means.

11. Awesome Pants

Yet
another
infrequent participant, but as far as I can tell, he's actually been AFK. And he was around enough to support a CB lynch, so he at least participated in that.

12. Superfly

Has been absent during the gun fiasco, as well as the CB hunt. Was dragged into the limelight by Primate earlier in the game, but has contributed little on his own in any really meaningful way. Not sure if he's trying to lay low or what.

13. Panzerjager

Too inactive for me to really have an opinion on. Hasn't done anything to really cause me to be suspicious on it's own.

14. dahill1

Seems pretty pro-town to me, was strongly pushing for a trustworthy source to check CB's house.

15. armlx

Same as above, and also seems to be acting in the interest of the town in the current debate over when the night should start, and how much lynching we should do. Though he comes off a little more suspicious for me in ways I cannot quite pin down yet. For one he seems to defend Nab/GW a lot.

16. Ghostwriter

Him and Nab seem mostly innocent due to the confirmed investigation, though like I said, they didn't have to do the actual night kill to have been a part of the plan. But in the whole CB thing, he seemed to remain pretty neutral. Also his continual connections with Nab makes me a little suspicious something might be up.

17. Cyberbob

Guess this doesn't matter anymore, though for the record, I think we got scum here.

18. NabakovNabakov

See GW. I see them in mostly the same way at this point. Except that he went behind the town's back on the CB thing, and sent his PM before saying anything in the thread. And him and crub reported it was locked. Though the crazy paranoid vig didn't lock his door?

I do not ignore the possibility him and crub lied about the door being locked.

19. Natirasha

His constant reffering to the old game got really old. Also, since only he knew of these things, he could have
easily
lied in order to shape our expectations in favor of faulty, pro-scum actions. Unfortunately he will remain active for several days (I'm sorry for your loss by the way Nat), so I don't think we'll see much more development about his role in this game for a bit.

20. Dasquian

Was for arming the entire town, I'm not sure what this is a sign of. On one hand, one would assume the mafia already have the guns they would use. On the other, lots of things can happen in a highly armed crowd. Beyond this, I get a weak, protown vibe from him, but nothing I'd bet my life on.

21. Crub

His apparent inability to understand how it matters who goes to CB's house seems very suspicious to me. His stance would lead to a higher chance of missinformation and a possible townie lynch, and he seemed perfectly okay with both of these points. Not only that, see my concerns with Nab in regard to actually going to CB's house.

22. Khelvaster

Quite possibly the worst lurker/afker in this game. He has not posted since last wednesday, on page 1. And it's not like he hasn't signed on since then... I have no idea what to say beyond this.

23. muffinhead

Has not posted since or defended against:
dahill1 wrote:
FoS: muffinhead

you seem to be just trying to find a reason to get on CB wagon. you don't seem to have read the thread because there is already a clear reason we're voting for him
Also early on said that we should bumrush and lynch as many people before N1 as possible. And has not said much else, definitely suspicious by my count.

24. sideney

Doesn't post much, but I don't really like this post:
sideney wrote:Let's land a safe vote.

Vote:DrippingGoofball
25. Singing Librarian

Tried to get a mass sharing of night actions, leading to leaving all those who should not reveal, and therefore revealing power roles. He feigned ignorance about this, but maybe he was just caught. He did however believe I would make a good candidate with someone else to investigate CB's house, which I think shows faith that he wanted real answers.

Whew, that was a long post, I tried to keep it short where I could. And with 24 pages, there is a lot to digest. But here's my conclusions.

Real, by definition, suspiciously scummy lurkers are Primate, Sensfan, skitzer, and Khelvaster.
Mod: Can we get a prod on these 4?

Honestly, I think the next lead is Primate. In fact,
Vote: Primate
. Lets see if we can turn a little pressure on this lurker.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm going to do a reread of my own soon, but I agree that Crub is scummy yet shouldn't be lynched today as he falls under the clause of "if CB is scum he probably is too".
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Primate »

Fyi, I'm not really paying attention to this game because I tend to be extremely busy mondays to wednesdays and I haven't really had a chance to deal with the silly amount of posting that's been going on in this thread over that period. All the other stuff you're looking at is stuff that takes barely any time to actually do, so comparing it to a fairly sizable catchup is a little wrong, imho.

I have a massive history of lurking, and there are multiple games where I haven't posted in a month or more, missing entire days, so really you'll have to take my word that I'm trying to stop that.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Surye »

Primate wrote:All the other stuff you're looking at is stuff that takes barely any time to actually do, so comparing it to a fairly sizable catchup is a little wrong, imho.
Not sure what you meant here..
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Primate »

Sitting down to properly read a 24 page game on what is my first proper read through will probably take three or four hours of straight reading, maybe more. You say I've been active elsewhere on the site, but my activity elsewhere on the site is just a matter of doing things that would only take a couple of minutes, and aren't things that I could be making realistic mafia posts instead of doing. If you get me.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Surye »

Ah, fair enough I suppose. But the longer you wait, the longer it takes to catch up. ;P Hope you get a chance soon.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Primate »

Yeah, that's the main reason for those month long lurks I just mentioned, you end up putting things off for too long and ending in a horrible place. I'll likely man up and do this one a bit later today.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by PJ. »

Alright, Surye..I believe I've been pretty active. And we should lynch cyber bob then start talking about the other less obvious scum of celeboki .
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Crub »

armlx wrote:I'm going to do a reread of my own soon, but I agree that Crub is scummy yet shouldn't be lynched today as he falls under the clause of "if CB is scum he probably is too".
You know because as scum I'd want to show my hand on day 1 in order to protect a scumbuddy who was obviously the best choice for a lynch no matter what we found at his house.

Personally if you were so concerned about me and Nab going to CB's house why didn't you just tag along. My day action was, go with Nab and keep and eye on him while he looks through CB's house. If you were so worried about me and Nab "tampering" with evidence you should have just come along.

The fact that you just sat back and complained about it, and now you're trying to tie scum CB with me is more than a little bit concerning.
Moo?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by Surye »

Panzerjager wrote:Alright, Surye..I believe I've been pretty active. And we should lynch cyber bob then start talking about the other less obvious scum of celeboki .
I only counted like 4 or 5 content posts, the only reason I said this.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by armlx »

Crub wrote:
armlx wrote:I'm going to do a reread of my own soon, but I agree that Crub is scummy yet shouldn't be lynched today as he falls under the clause of "if CB is scum he probably is too".
You know because as scum I'd want to show my hand on day 1 in order to protect a scumbuddy who was obviously the best choice for a lynch no matter what we found at his house.

Personally if you were so concerned about me and Nab going to CB's house why didn't you just tag along. My day action was, go with Nab and keep and eye on him while he looks through CB's house. If you were so worried about me and Nab "tampering" with evidence you should have just come along.

The fact that you just sat back and complained about it, and now you're trying to tie scum CB with me is more than a little bit concerning.
The more people who go, the more likely evidence is contaminated. I trust Nab after his actions last night, I don't trust you. I don't see why you are trying to pin this on me for not going as in the abstract no one has reason to trust me any more than others (compared to people with confirmed investigation results who have factual evidence supporting them) and it would have caused the same suspicions that people are placing on you, for good reason.

Also, nice WIFOM. "As scum I wouldn't defend my partner D1 when they are going to be lynched". The old too scummy to be scum.

You are lucky lynching you today is a bad idea because the evidence Cyber's death will reveal.

I obviously agree with Panzer though on bloki. More tomorrow on this, as I said earlier.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by Crub »

vote: armlx
Moo?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Crub wrote:
vote: armlx
ok, disagreeing with him is one thing, but voting him..
your vote is a complete OMGUS

FoS: Crub
he's starting to look good for our next lynch candidate
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by Dasquian »

I still think lynching BM is a good idea:

- He's no longer a vig, if he ever was one (no guns anymore!)
- Incriminating cop result (intrigued as to what flavour gives a vig so many different firearms)
- He killed N0, not pro-town vig behaviour
- There were only 2 night-kills last night and the mod has told us there are 2 mafia groups. See above - he has claimed one of them.
- Check out his page 1 post:
Battle Mage wrote:Clearly the scum are awesome, as they offed the 2 greatest threats to my personal enjoyment of the game.
Come on guys, this is a no-brainer.
Vote: Battle Mage
(I'm assuming that since Cyberbob is lynched, the votes are reset?)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”