Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Kison »

Well, thing is that I'd always seen LAL apply more for roleclaiming/claimed night/day actions, rather than false accusations. However, I think that it should hold merit even for smaller things like with what you just did, especially when the explanation for doing so seems pulled out of thin air.

Now that I've answered your question you can answer mine.

Vote : Greasy Spot
- What the hell was with the hasty hammering?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by JDodge »

Is that a yes or a no? I want a plain answer without the fluff.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Kison »

Umm, yes?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by armlx »

Current thoughts:

Just voting a bunch of people is not a good idea as it allows multiple band wagons simultaneously to grow quickly and potentially end up as "Oops lynch", as opposed to just one. Also probably will divide attention among players who are under the spotlight rather than letting us go case by case.

Jdodge's contradiction yesterday was odd, though I have to look a bit harder to see if it was him being him or him covering his ass.

I've come to realize since yesterday GS is just going to be dumb every game. Just trying to work out which kinds of dumb are scummy for him

I do not like Gorrad's last two posts, just slipping in an opportunistic vote after a (semi-valid) OMGUS. I'm putting Jdodge on being Dodge on the unexplained multivotes for now, though, you know, real cases help too.

The other 3 multivoters (UROE, Kirby, and Kison) all gave enough reasoning for their votes for me to consider them valid and not possibly just abusing the multivoting capacity.

So,
Vote Gorrad
, thinking more tomorrow when I wake up.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:12 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Vote Count!
With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

3 Gorrad (JDodge, UROE, armlx)
3 Sonickid (JDodge, UROE, Gorrad)
3 JDodge (windkirby, Kison, Gorrad)
2 Kison (JDodge, GhostWriter)
2 Shin Hatsubai (skitzer, UROE)
1 Skitzer (JDodge)
1 Greasy Spot (Kison)
Not voting: Xdaamno, Miztef, JamesThePhox, Shin Hatsubai, UltimaAvalon, PyroDwarf, Blazerunner, Greasy Spot, sonickid01
MOD: I'm relatively sure we have multiple votes, but can we unvote?
Yes.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:28 am

Post by JDodge »

LAL is an outdated meta if not solely for the purpose that as the meta of the game as a whole has evolved, lying as town in certain situations has become a perfectly acceptable play; numerous traps, gambits, etc. are formed by lies and deceit as a way of covering for gaping holes in mafia-playing skillsets. Mafia are also making conscious efforts to lie as little as possible - this is the main reason why so many people claim townie as scum as opposed to fake-claiming a power role. It's become not worth it for scum to
try
to lie anymore.

Then one must also consider that as the gameplay as a whole has evolved, playstyles have become more diverse; more and more people are falling into their own niche of how to play, and as is such, what is a scumtell for one can be a towntell for another. This makes any universal scumtell or towntell less and less reliable by the day - which makes metagaming your opponents a necessary thing. LAL is one such universal scumtell.

So I must ask you: Do you think that me lying is a towntell for me, a scumtell for me, or a nulltell?
stream

Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Kison wrote:
I wouldn't call it hasty. The #7 vote was placed in post 136 and the #8 vote was placed in post #160. That's a 24 post difference and 12 of those posts were made be Zombie. He didn't sway me and he obviously didn't sway the other 7 people either.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Kison »

JDodge wrote:LAL is an outdated meta if not solely for the purpose that as the meta of the game as a whole has evolved, lying as town in certain situations has become a perfectly acceptable play; numerous traps, gambits, etc. are formed by lies and deceit as a way of covering for gaping holes in mafia-playing skillsets. Mafia are also making conscious efforts to lie as little as possible - this is the main reason why so many people claim townie as scum as opposed to fake-claiming a power role. It's become not worth it for scum to
try
to lie anymore.

Then one must also consider that as the gameplay as a whole has evolved, playstyles have become more diverse; more and more people are falling into their own niche of how to play, and as is such, what is a scumtell for one can be a towntell for another. This makes any universal scumtell or towntell less and less reliable by the day - which makes metagaming your opponents a necessary thing. LAL is one such universal scumtell.
I've never once heard of LAL referred to as an outdated meta. In fact, I've seen it upheld for the most part(unless the liar's name is Albert B. Rampage). But you seem to be suggesting that I look at individual playstyles, and I do agree in part. Could you show me where you have pulled similar stunts as town?
JDodge wrote:So I must ask you: Do you think that me lying is a towntell for me, a scumtell for me, or a nulltell?
I'm factoring in your explanation rather than just the lie itself(which is why I didn't just vote you right off the bat). Yes, I do find this lie to be scummy.
Greasy Spot wrote:
Kison wrote:
I wouldn't call it hasty. The #7 vote was placed in post 136 and the #8 vote was placed in post #160. That's a 24 post difference and 12 of those posts were made be Zombie. He didn't sway me and he obviously didn't sway the other 7 people either.
24 posts isn't that much... The guy hadn't even even roleclaimed. Granted, he was refusing, but we'd not really had much time to talk him into it. You also only made one post after he first started receiving attention, and it was to hammer. You can't possibly tell me you didn't have anything else to add.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Just checking in. I'll post later.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:36 am

Post by JDodge »

Kison wrote:
JDodge wrote:LAL is an outdated meta if not solely for the purpose that as the meta of the game as a whole has evolved, lying as town in certain situations has become a perfectly acceptable play; numerous traps, gambits, etc. are formed by lies and deceit as a way of covering for gaping holes in mafia-playing skillsets. Mafia are also making conscious efforts to lie as little as possible - this is the main reason why so many people claim townie as scum as opposed to fake-claiming a power role. It's become not worth it for scum to
try
to lie anymore.

I've never once heard of LAL referred to as an outdated meta. In fact, I've seen it upheld for the most part(unless the liar's name is Albert B. Rampage). But you seem to be suggesting that I look at individual playstyles, and I do agree in part. Could you show me where you have pulled similar stunts as town?
It's up to you to prove your accusation to hold true - where can you say that I would not do this as town? And LAL is an outdated meta. And how often does it work when you see it upheld, anyways? That is an important (and missing) distinction here. "I've seen it upheld" =/= "it works", not to mention said ABR example
proves
its outdatedness quite thoroughly.
Kison wrote:
JDodge wrote:So I must ask you: Do you think that me lying is a towntell for me, a scumtell for me, or a nulltell?
I'm factoring in your explanation rather than just the lie itself(which is why I didn't just vote you right off the bat). Yes, I do find this lie to be scummy.
Pourquoi?
stream

Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Kison wrote:24 posts isn't that much... The guy hadn't even even roleclaimed. Granted, he was refusing, ...
It is when 12 of them were his.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:38 am

Post by windkirby »

Mikeburnfire, I'm also voting for JDodge right now.

That's why it's in the vote count.

BTW, I'm a little confused... can someone explain what LAL is and what it has to do with JDodge refusing to explain his vote on Gorrad as promised?
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Blazerunner »

I am a little lost on JDodge x Kisoin... I dont have time to re-read, could someone please quote me to JDodge's lie day one?

windkirby, LAL = Lynch All Liars

@GreasySpot: I think it was hasty, 24 posts isnt that much specially on a 20 player game, and specially because 12 of the posts were Zombie's. Means at least 7 people didnt have time (or didnt want) to make arguments on him after L -1... I really think it wasnt good that you lynched him...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:45 am

Post by armlx »

LAL = Lynch All Liars. It has nothing to do with the Gorrad vote, but more to do with an argument Jdodge made where he lied about his reasons for it yesterday. This doesn't seem like an appropriate instance to apply it anyways, so its pretty irrel.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Kison »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Kison wrote:24 posts isn't that much... The guy hadn't even even roleclaimed. Granted, he was refusing, ...
It is when 12 of them were his.
Uh, no, it's really not. He should have been pressed harder to roleclaim. You kind of squashed potentially saving a power role without even participating in the discussion revolving around him.
JDodge wrote:It's up to you to prove your accusation to hold true - where can you say that I would not do this as town?
What is my accusation? That you lied to cast me in a bad image as you placed your vote, and gave a cruddy justification for doing so.

Proving said accusation : I've already proven you lied. The latter part is a matter of perception.

Lastly, you seem to think because you lied that I am sold on you being scum. That's not the case. You also did not answer my question.
JDodge wrote:]And LAL is an outdated meta. And how often does it work when you see it upheld, anyways? That is an important (and missing) distinction here. "I've seen it upheld" =/= "it works", not to mention said ABR example proves its outdatedness quite thoroughly.
The ABR example proves that lying does not guarantee scum, which LAL does not
guarantee
as a meta.
JDodge wrote:
Kison wrote:
Pourquoi?
I've already explained why I think it's scummy on day one. You can go back and reread if you want the answer. :)
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:15 am

Post by JDodge »

Kison wrote:
JDodge wrote:It's up to you to prove your accusation to hold true - where can you say that I would not do this as town?
What is my accusation? That you lied to cast me in a bad image as you placed your vote, and gave a cruddy justification for doing so.

Proving said accusation : I've already proven you lied. The latter part is a matter of perception.

Lastly, you seem to think because you lied that I am sold on you being scum. That's not the case. You also did not answer my question.
Yet you want me to disprove your own perception of events? I'm sorry, but again, it's not up to me to provide proof that your
perception
is wrong until you give a reason as to why it is
right
Kison wrote:
JDodge wrote:]And LAL is an outdated meta. And how often does it work when you see it upheld, anyways? That is an important (and missing) distinction here. "I've seen it upheld" =/= "it works", not to mention said ABR example proves its outdatedness quite thoroughly.
The ABR example proves that lying does not guarantee scum, which LAL does not
guarantee
as a meta.
No, any meta such as Lynch All _____ is generally designed to say that whomever performs said action is scum. Otherwise it is outdated and useless.
Kison wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Kison wrote:
Pourquoi?
I've already explained why I think it's scummy on day one. You can go back and reread if you want the answer. :)
You can go ahead and post it again, too. In different words please.
stream

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Kison »

Yet you want me to disprove your own perception of events? I'm sorry, but again, it's not up to me to provide proof that your perception is wrong until you give a reason as to why it is right.
I never said it was right. That's why it's a
perception
. It's nothing I can prove is right or wrong, but rather is my take on it. I could be wrong, sure. Yet, since I already view the surrounding circumstances by which you went about lying as scummy(which you obviously disagree with), I'm asking if you have done such elsewhere so I can take that into consideration. So, if you're not going to, then I'm not going to sit here and sulk about it.
No, any meta such as Lynch All _____ is generally designed to say that whomever performs said action is scum. Otherwise it is outdated and useless.
It's designed to say that scum is guilty of an action more often than town. Therefore, anyone caught doing this should be lynched. That doesn't mean they're guaranteed to be scum, obviously, since that ignores surrounding circumstances.

...And neither am I, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove anymore.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:54 am

Post by JDodge »

Kison wrote:
Yet you want me to disprove your own perception of events? I'm sorry, but again, it's not up to me to provide proof that your perception is wrong until you give a reason as to why it is right.
I never said it was right. That's why it's a
perception
. It's nothing I can prove is right or wrong, but rather is my take on it. I could be wrong, sure. Yet, since I already view the surrounding circumstances by which you went about lying as scummy(which you obviously disagree with), I'm asking if you have done such elsewhere so I can take that into consideration. So, if you're not going to, then I'm not going to sit here and sulk about it.
I cannot disprove your take on something.
You are asking me to essentially change your entire mindset about the entire situation - which is far too nebulous a task.
Kison wrote:
It's designed to say that scum is guilty of an action more often than town. Therefore, anyone caught doing this should be lynched. That doesn't mean they're guaranteed to be scum, obviously, since that ignores surrounding circumstances.

...And neither am I, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove anymore.
Therefore LAL is a poor and outdated metastrategy; it would not be were it lynch
certain
liars for
certain
lies. I dislike the use of "he's lying" as an argument; I much prefer "he's lying which is anti-town in this circumstance because of X, Y, Z".
stream

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Kison »

JDodge wrote:I cannot disprove your take on something. You are asking me to essentially change your entire mindset about the entire situation - which is far too nebulous a task.
You can change my perception of something through argument/presenting your own perspective, which you haven't been recently. Beyond that I don't really expect much else from you.
JDodge wrote:Therefore LAL is a poor and outdated metastrategy; it would not be were it lynch certain liars for certain lies. I dislike the use of "he's lying" as an argument; I much prefer "he's lying which is anti-town in this circumstance because of X, Y, Z".
/agree
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Clue me in here; what has JDodge 'lied' about?
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:01 am

Post by JDodge »

Then I believe we have reached an impasse.
Xdaamno wrote:Clue me in here; what has JDodge 'lied' about?
Read the damn thread.
stream

Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Xdaamno »

JDodge wrote:Then I believe we have reached an impasse.
Xdaamno wrote:Clue me in here; what has JDodge 'lied' about?
Read the damn thread.
Uhm... apologies that I only had a minute or so to post at the time? I'll read it tommorow, since I'm still busy.
Cracking Idea Mafia
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

Hmm, I am a little disappointed. I wasn't able to post between my last post and when zombie was killed. He had me off his wagon for the most part. I would have been more comfortable with a
Vote: ShinHatsubi
lynch.
I don't like LAL, because a lot of liars turn out to be town, trying to catch scum in some weak gambit. But, I'll
Vote:Jdodge
Because of teapots and razors. yay multi votes!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:45 am

Post by JDodge »

Unvote: skitzer, vote: Xdaamno

Asking about something without knowing the context of it.
stream

Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Xdaamno »

JDodge wrote:
Unvote: skitzer, vote: Xdaamno

Asking about something without knowing the context of it.
If it was about anyone else but you, you probably wouldn't be voting me now (foresight bladeblah).

I wanted to post
something
, so I thought it would be a decent idea to have a setence or two about the events from their perspective.

If you think I'm scummy just for that, you're a terrible scumhunter (Which I'm pretty sure you're not), or scum yourself, so IGMEOY.
Cracking Idea Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”