It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

darkdude:
darkdude [506] wrote:<snip>
Anyways, looking at the big picture, I notice a strange phenomenon.

As soon as zeddicus' replacement came in, everyone started defending against Tyger's questioning instead of searching for scum themselves. Tyger has the right to question to catch up on the game, but I don't know why everyone else is idling around. At least that's what seems to me.
Once more. I want you to name names. Who, specifically, do you feel has been idling around?

QF:
And what are your feelings about Cephrir now? High suspicion, moderate suspicion, low suspicion, no suspicion, something else? And why?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by darkdude »

Once more. I want you to name names. Who, specifically, do you feel has been idling around?
I would say everyone. When you came in everyone dropped past suspicions and answered to your questions.

Again, not saying that they shouldn't.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Crub »

Tenth Vote Count of Day 2

EmpTyger(1):
thevampireofdusseldorf
QuantumFruit (1):
darkdude
darkdude (1):
Talitha
Cephrir (1):
Pink Puppy
vikingfan (1):
Akonas

Not Voting (5):
Cephrir, QuantumFruit, windkirby, vikingfan, EmpTyger

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Moo?
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@darkdude: You say everyone's been idling around, and then in your most recent post prior to that one you say that it's gotten us to talk. So, please explain. Since this game largely consists of talking, thinking, and throwing around rhetoric, talking would imply not idling around. Unless we were talking about something irrelevant. Would you say we're talking about something irrelevant? If so, why?

Also, you appear to skirt around questions fairly heftily. Care to explain this tendency? I don't feel this is particularly helpful for town and I'm not entirely sure why you do this.

@EmpTyger: I'm not really sure why you're asking of my level of suspicion for Cephrir - is there an intended implication there? I wouldn't say there's a level of "none" on anyone, seeing as how anyone can be mafia and assuming I'm town, I don't have an idea who else is (unless I'm a cop who investigated a townie, and to answer your question, who happens to be Cephrir). Low to medium, fluctuating based on his behavior, I'd imagine.

In his player analysis he seemed to exalt me a little too much. I imagine it's a common strategy for scum to buddy up to town. Then again, it's naturally for someone to commend someone he/she agrees with. Maybe I made logically sound arguments. It's not a basis, but it's something. Coupled with his defensiveness, there's something there, something to look into.

--

Random question...if a cop gets replaced, does the replacement know who the other guy investigated and the results?
Yes - Crub
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

It seems absurd, but I was reading up on some mafia theory that I’ve missed during my recent absence from the site, and I saw that supposedly it’s advantageous for millers to claim in advance. So, I’ll come forwards. I investigate as guilty. The flavor behind that is that I only need to survive until the end to win. It’s kind of weird but it sort of makes sense, since to balance it out I do get a vigilante kill I can make once per night.

QF/Cephrir:
I asked because I wanted to make sure that you 2 weren’t masons before I inquire further about your almost masonic interactions. You seem to be mutually saying as little as possible about each other.
Random question...if a cop gets replaced, does the replacement know who the other guy investigated and the results?
Yes. Not that this answer should be taken as any kind of indication of anything about my role.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

No, we're not masons. We just agree a lot for some reason.

Miller vig claim? Huh. That's.... bizarre. Claiming was probably the right thing to do though. And I'd say you should have kept the vig part to yourself, but... if you only said that you were a miller and tried to claim that later, nobody would believe you.

Oh wait, hold on a second. Miller vig, and you only need to survive to win? Way to claim SK... lol.

Vote: EmpTyger
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:34 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Cephrir wrote:
No, we're not masons. We just agree a lot for some reason.

Miller vig claim? Huh. That's.... bizarre. Claiming was probably the right thing to do though. And I'd say you should have kept the vig part to yourself, but... if you only said that you were a miller and tried to claim that later, nobody would believe you.

Oh wait, hold on a second. Miller vig, and you only need to survive to win? Way to claim SK... lol.

Huh. You make a good point.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:41 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Hold on, I just reread my role, and it seems I missed a small detail. Apparently, all of that stuff I claimed is only true on April 1.

Unvote: EmpTyger

:D APRIL FOOLS :D
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:22 am

Post by vikingfan »

QF, somebody asked (I think it was Akonas) what QFT meant, so I simply defined it. By the time I read Cephrir's thing on 3 scum, he had already clarified what he meant and I was willing to go with it.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:23 am

Post by vikingfan »

oh, and I don't like EmpTyger's play. He did this in another completed game I was in (Les Miserables), claimed it was a joke, we lynched him and he turned up scum. Any reason you'd make a joke claim, even on a day like today?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

After what happened the first time, haven't you learned not to joke-claim? I've been thinking you were a Jester for the last few hours... Heh.
Bartleby the Scrivener
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:54 am

Post by windkirby »

I thought it was funny...
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by darkdude »

Also, you appear to skirt around questions fairly heftily. Care to explain this tendency? I don't feel this is particularly helpful for town and I'm not entirely sure why you do this.
I don't know. This part about idling around was written when I just felt like speaking my mind, and it was something I noticed. I never intended for it to be a real help or anything.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Cephrir [535] wrote:After what happened the first time, haven't you learned not to joke-claim? I've been thinking you were a Jester for the last few hours... Heh.
:) Oh, I’ll admit to being a "Jester" for the past 24 hours. But no, it’s not my role. At least not this year ;)

Akonas:
Akonas [522] wrote:<snip>
vikingfan wrote:Akonas: it's not the fact that you didn't like me, it's the fact that you felt the need to buddy up to Talitha in the process. So it's not OMGUS.
Fair enough.
<snip>
vikingfan wrote:Akonas: it's not the fact that you didn't like me, it's the fact that you felt the need to buddy up to Talitha in the process. So it's not OMGUS.
Enh... I don't know about that; I was just saying that I liked where she was going. Take it as scummy if you like; I don't see it.
<snip>
Pick one?

VoD:
Your vote on me is a holdover from zeddicus. Assuming you are still satisfied with it, could you explain why?

vikingfan:
Don’t want this to get lost:
windkirby [505] wrote:<snip>
I don't think darkdude's response to the "frame" as he called it, was that anti-town, especially since he seemed to look for some scum soon thereafter.
For the first 2 weeks of D2, it seemed that darkdude did anything but. First he said that no one was suspicious, and in particular he defended VoD. Then he reversed and said that VoD was suspicious, while still saying that no one else seemed suspicious. Then he voted zeddicus, but specified that it was for lurking, not for any suspicions.
What do you see differently in darkdude’s response?

QF/Cephrir:
I’m serious- the interaction between you 2 really makes me nervous. I’m rereading, looking for something to quantify it in some way.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

QF/Cephrir:
I’m serious- the interaction between you 2 really makes me nervous. I’m rereading, looking for something to quantify it in some way.
I guess I can see how you might think this. Seriously though, we're not masons. We're just both always right. <.<
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

darkdude wrote:
I don't know. This part about idling around was written when I just felt like speaking my mind, and it was something I noticed. I never intended for it to be a real help or anything.
Maybe you should try helping?

unvote; vote darkdude
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:25 am

Post by windkirby »

For the first 2 weeks of D2, it seemed that darkdude did anything but. First he said that no one was suspicious, and in particular he defended VoD. Then he reversed and said that VoD was suspicious, while still saying that no one else seemed suspicious. Then he voted zeddicus, but specified that it was for lurking, not for any suspicions.
What do you see differently in darkdude’s response?
I just don't see it as a very good scumtell: you presented it as if he wasting time dwelling on the "frame" instead of scumhunting, but while I was wrong in saying he scumhunted (I'm not very good with the term, I more meant he was expressing opinion), I wouldn't say he was dwelling very much either: he only made two posts about the subject before moving on.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:40 am

Post by darkdude »

@ I try to, but I still have a lot of work these days...I can only spare time to browse here a few minutes per day for now...
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:40 am

Post by darkdude »

Whoops that was supposed to be

"@ Pink Puppy"
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

@EmpTyger: The vote I have on you is left over from my suspicions on zeddicus which I believe are valid but I am leaning on a pro town read from your posts.
I see you have been looking at the thread carefully and picking up on some good points, a lot more than I would expect from a scum. I am presumming you are asking all these questions to help you determine whom you think are scum and you have certainly asked a lot of em. So I would be interested to see where this has led you.
Unvote:EmpTyger

After a reread of the first day and a read through of the last few pages I am suspicious of Cephrir and Darkdude and still uneasy about akonas.
If I have some time later I will post some content about these three.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am nearly better from my violent but brief illness. No need to replace me and I'll catch up soon. Sorry (again).
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

[There’s a typo in [538]: the section to windkirby was labeled to vikingfan. Hope that that didn’t confuse anyone.]

In terms of voting, I’m currently torn between darkdude and Cephrir, with varying amounts of feeling behind each. Although I would like to hear in again from Akonas, QF, and ideally Talitha. (Glad you’re feeling better!)

Cephrir:
I’m not worried about you being masons- I’m worried about one or both of you being mafia.

windkirby:
Okay, thanks for clarifying.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@darkdude:
darkdude wrote: I don't know. This part about idling around was written when I just felt like speaking my mind, and it was something I noticed. I never intended for it to be a real help or anything.
You don't know why you said something. You felt like speaking your mind, but you didn't bother thinking it through. And you didn't want to be helpful. Hmm.

@VoD: Actually, I don't think you should dismiss someone just because they're thorough. In my last game I was especially thorough, and I was scum, and it worked out pretty well. For some reason, people like well-supported, logical arguments.

@Talitha: Glad you feel better.

@EmpTyger: If it seems as though Cephrir and I are buddying up, why are you suspicious of Cephrir and not of me? It's fairly obvious why darkdude.
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not sure why so many people are suddenly expressing suspicion of me for no apparent reason. Anyone?
Bartleby the Scrivener
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:36 am

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

@QF I'm not too sure I understand what you mean about dismissing. I presume this is about me removing my vote from zeddicus/EmpTyger. I am not dismissing him as a possible scum but I have no reason to suspect him from his recent posts and as I said I get a pro town feel from them.

Akonas: I have seen reading back over his posts some interesting interactions with darkdude. Now I dont quite know what to make of them if they are town-town interactions. But certianly I can see them as scum-scum interactions or scum-town interactions. I'm too tired now to do a post exploring this but will try tommorow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”