dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Surye wrote:Well, I am not 100% that it's the right course of action, but Superfly is admittedly a lurker, has no real pro-town qualities, we have SOMETHING against him, coming from Primate and BM, and even if Superfly turns out town, then if primate sticks to his guns, he'll have to explain himself then.

I think a lynch may not be a bad thing, and I think the most valuable one right now is Superfly.

This may seem not in line with what I have been saying entirely, but I have been listening to everyone's points, and I'm thinking at this point this may be right.

Unvote. Vote:Superfly
read the post above you
armlx wrote:If you check his posts across all games its evident he simply went AFK for a week. That is not lurking.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by armlx »

You missed his next post where he did and disregarded it blatantly.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Surye wrote:
armlx wrote:
Celebloki wrote:Well I was originally hoping Primate had some dirt on him other than his name. However, he is admittedly a lurker and has been away so My vote will stand purely on his non-participation.
If you check his posts across all games its evident he simply went AFK for a week. That is not lurking.
Still, it is no good for the game, especially no good for town. He even said this is habitual.
thanks for pointing this out armlx
and surye, it's not good for the town if he doesn't have a computer available?! it wasn't his fault he couldn't post. it seems to me that you're just trying to find a reason to vote for him
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Celebloki »

armlx wrote: If you check his posts across all games its evident he simply went AFK for a week. That is not lurking.
Superfly wrote: I was inactive because I'm a lurker. Before you ask, not by choice, but by bad habits. You all are not the only one who has to suffer my lazyness.
He said he was a lurker.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by armlx »

Lurking is only "lurking" if you intentionally avoid posting in a specific game.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I'm sorry I interpreted his own post saying he is a lurker because of laziness to mean that he was afk for a week.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Crub »

armlx wrote:Lurking is only "lurking" if you intentionally avoid posting in a specific game.
Why are you so intent on defending him?
Moo?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by armlx »

Crub wrote:
armlx wrote:Lurking is only "lurking" if you intentionally avoid posting in a specific game.
Why are you so intent on defending him?
I am intent on keeping a fairly baseless wagon that was responded to in an acceptable manner from turning into a lynch because of people's ingrained notions of lurking, which actually are untrue and lead to more losses and effectively random lynches than wins. If you can post 1 scummy thing he did, I will stop defending him.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

So Superfly's bandwagon was a joke? I guess I can let that one slide; it did bring us out of the random stage very nicely and got some good discussion going.

I'm seeing Surye's blatant reaching, and I'm not liking it. I think he's trying to find a reason to maintain the already-existing-but-looking-likely-to-die bandwagon and push for a (relative to starting a new wagon) quick lynch. Looking through his posts, I'm not seeing any real attempt to scumhunt (before Superfly showed up); his contribution to the game consisted primarily of pushing for information from Primate.

While I did appreciate his not blindly joining the wagon, given the above I'm more inclined to read this as scum avoiding a town wagon.
Unvote, Vote: Surye

Dasquian wrote:Cyberbob: don't put words into my mouth, I'm not intending to get an earlier appearance out of Superfly by encouraging more votes on him. I am, however, hoping to get more pressure on him when he does turn up and I am also hoping to avoid another lynch-shy game like Lost Boys was.
Sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying. I read your motives for talking people onto the wagon as trying to bring Superfly to the table earlier.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by PJ. »

Unvote, Vote:Surye
I didn't like the whole..

Primate: "K guys, gotcha, i'm have 0 info"
Surye: "oh well in that case, Superfly is a lurker lets lynch him"

Dasquian, the point is if Primate would have chose to vote Sensfan or myself, we would have gotten the same responses because we hadn't posted by that point. Meaning you saying we should vote Superfly because he hasn't made a post yet is stupid.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Natirasha wrote:Posts 196 and 197.

As I said in the sign-up thread, although I did not participate in the original Realistic Mafia at Px2, I did watch it. In the original, there was four roles: Mafia, Townie, Cop(town-aligned), and Mayor(town-aligned, of course). The first three are self-explanatory. The mayor knew the identity of all four cops and got the results of all cop investigations, but was otherwise a simple townie. The cops did not know the mayor.

So far, it seems that K-Scope just stole the same set-up. This was alluded to at the end of the original(the actual thread was deleted, but this is the gist of it)
I could run this same exact set-up again and it would have played out totally differently.

This leads me to believe that BM is the mayor. While he might just be refering to muffinhead's newbieness with 196, he says Primate has a great scumdar in 197. He could be saying this because Primate investigated Superfly, and came up scum. If he was mayor, then he would know this.

And before you ask, yes, I am probably drawing conclusions where there are none.
nice try, but if that were true, you'd expect me to be voting for Superfly, as opposed to attacking his wagon.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Superfly has posted, and I actually kinda liked his post. No (super) flies on him, yet.
Unvote: Superfly
. I figured that Primate didn't have anything on him, but a full-strength bandwagon at this stage of the game can really throw scum for six, and it's worth doing something like that to see if anyone behaves particularly oddly.
Panzerjager wrote:Dasquian, the point is if Primate would have chose to vote Sensfan or myself, we would have gotten the same responses because we hadn't posted by that point. Meaning you saying we should vote Superfly because he hasn't made a post yet is stupid.
Again, I wanted to see how people would respond to a bandwagon - whether anyone would be too eager, or whether people would be too defensive. If Superfly ever does die, these first few pages will be worth a revisit, too.

Surye certainly gets my attention now for opposing the whole Superfly bandwagon while Primate and myself were being ambiguous, and laying into him now he's back because he said the l-word. Is this an attempt to buy into lurker hate? Because although I appreciate the sentiment, I agree with those who have said he was just AFK, not lurking. Very different thing.

Vote Surye
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

That reversal on the part of Surye is horrible.

unvote
vote: Surye

Not overly impressed with the basis for Superfly's wagon, but I have to agree that reactions to it were interesting, particularly Surye's, which I would sum up as this:

- I won't join the wagon unless we have more information
- We have no information, but Superfly did take ages to respons
- OK, I'll vote for Superfly, in contradiction to what I originally said.

It's illogical, a big reach and generally suspicious.
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:58 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

Both, sorry. Forgot to bold.

unvote
vote: Surye
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Surye »

Hmm.. well I certainly seemed to make a mistake here, but honestly you are all misunderstanding my first opinion which I have tried to make clear was NOT pro-Superfly AT ALL, but anti-Primate.

My understanding of a lurker must be skewed, since he posted to this site on Thursday, clearly not AFK, but still ignored the proceedings of this game. I didn't not want to join the wagon too early as I was hoping to get more information out of Primate, but since that lead dried up, I thought the next best course of action was to go after someone I honestly thought constituted a lurker.

And while this is not 100% my first platform from the beginning of the game, can I not take weight of what others are saying and change my opinion in light of other ideas?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Surye wrote:Hmm.. well I certainly seemed to make a mistake here, but honestly you are all misunderstanding my first opinion which I have tried to make clear was NOT pro-Superfly AT ALL, but anti-Primate.
Your stance on the wagon was not scummy by itself (in my mind), but when the entirety of your play is taken into consideration... it starts looking more and more like fishing and/or distancing.
Surye wrote:My understanding of a lurker must be skewed, since he posted to this site on Thursday, clearly not AFK, but still ignored the proceedings of this game. I didn't not want to join the wagon too early as I was hoping to get more information out of Primate, but since that lead dried up, I thought the next best course of action was to go after someone I honestly thought constituted a lurker.
Except as Panzerjager said - he and Sensfan have both been every bit as inactive as Superfly. Why the tunnel vision?

Also - why did the decision to make inactivity an issue come only after the initial driving force behind the wagon had gone?
Surye wrote:And while this is not 100% my first platform from the beginning of the game, can I not take weight of what others are saying and change my opinion in light of other ideas?
You can, but a
complete reversal
is extremely scummy.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:39 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

VC #3

Surye (7): Battle Mage, Crub, NabakovNabakov, Cyberbob, Panzerjager, Dasquian, Singing Librarian

Superfly (4): Primate, Celebloki, Ghostwriter, Surye
sideney (3): DrippingGoofBall, skitzer, armlx
Albert B. Rampage (1): Khelvaster
muffinhead (1): Awesome Pants
Battle Mage (1): Albert B. Rampage
Ghostwriter (1): dahill1
DrippingGoofBall (1): sideney

Not Voting (4): Sensfan, superfly, muffinhead, Natirasha

Prodding Sensfan
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:48 am

Post by armlx »

I do not like Surye's last post at all. Tries to defend himself by disassociating himself from Fly, but just says the same thing (anti Prim = pro Fly). The word platform also rings wrong.

FOS Surye

If your next responses don't improve, this will become a vote. I also don't like how Sideney has ignored this issue all together, which is the only reason why it isn't already.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:52 am

Post by SensFan »

Forgot to add this to my Watched Topics.

At school now, will post tonight.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Superfly »

After having read through the thread again, I'll just bring out what has caught my eye.
Muffinhead wrote:Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.
This plan would not have any practical use. Although lynches are indeed town-directed, they tend to be less informed on day 1. While a string of lynching scum within one day would be good, lynching a bunch of townies would be bad. Muffin is a newbie but I'd still point it out.
Surye wrote: Superfly didn't seem to offer the great insight so many were expecting.
Please tell me what you were expecting.
Surye wrote:Hmm.. well I certainly seemed to make a mistake here, but honestly you are all misunderstanding my first opinion which I have tried to make clear was NOT pro-Superfly AT ALL, but anti-Primate.

My understanding of a lurker must be skewed, since he posted to this site on Thursday, clearly not AFK, but still ignored the proceedings of this game. I didn't not want to join the wagon too early as I was hoping to get more information out of Primate, but since that lead dried up, I thought the next best course of action was to go after someone I honestly thought constituted a lurker.

And while this is not 100% my first platform from the beginning of the game, can I not take weight of what others are saying and change my opinion in light of other ideas?
As I said, I am an habitual lurker(lazy, basically). The two posts I made before sunday last week were contentless, so it doesn't mean I was actively participating in any game.

I don't really get why you picked me out. I am not the only one lurking, just the one in the spotlight.

Yet I don't think Surye is scum. I just don't see anything truly conclusive against him.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:00 am

Post by armlx »

Actually, muffin's plan is extremely good if alignment is revealed on lynch. That info alone gives us a lot to base the next lynch on.
Mod: Is alignment revealed at each lynch or at end of day?

I also forgot about multiple lynches, so sideney can wait.

Unvote, Vote Surye

I expect a claim or something decently soon.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Surye »

Cyberbob wrote:
Your stance on the wagon was not scummy by itself (in my mind), but when the entirety of your play is taken into consideration... it starts looking more and more like fishing and/or distancing.
I'm not sure what fishing is, but who am I distancing myself from? Primate? I would still have my vote on him because I thought his actions warranted sufficient suspicion, and that has not changed, but I realized that Superfly's lurking may be more indicative of bad behavior (Note: I realize everyone is now saying he's not a lurker, he's an AFKer, but I am explaining what before lead me to those conclusions, after I saw he posted thursday to another thread but not this one).
Cyberbob wrote:
Surye wrote:My understanding of a lurker must be skewed, since he posted to this site on Thursday, clearly not AFK, but still ignored the proceedings of this game. I didn't not want to join the wagon too early as I was hoping to get more information out of Primate, but since that lead dried up, I thought the next best course of action was to go after someone I honestly thought constituted a lurker.
Except as Panzerjager said - he and Sensfan have both been every bit as inactive as Superfly. Why the tunnel vision?

Also - why did the decision to make inactivity an issue come only after the initial driving force behind the wagon had gone?
Tunnel vision may have been incidental with the fact that the wagon brought it to my attention, this has been a mistake, but I don't think that should reflect on me as scummy. Everyone has been talking nothing but Superfly and Primate, it hasn't been just me.
Cyberbob wrote:
Surye wrote:And while this is not 100% my first platform from the beginning of the game, can I not take weight of what others are saying and change my opinion in light of other ideas?
You can, but a
complete reversal
is extremely scummy.
It is NOT a complete reversal, how many times do I have to say this. I was, then entire time, not AGAINST a Superfly vote. I was even called out many times on my wording saying I was for a Superfly vote, even if that's not necessarily what I meant.
armlx wrote:I do not like Surye's last post at all. Tries to defend himself by disassociating himself from Fly, but just says the same thing (anti Prim = pro Fly). The word platform also rings wrong.
I am not pro fly, I never ever said I was pro fly. And how is anti Prim = pro Fly? Are you sure one is scum and one isn't?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:Actually, muffin's plan is extremely good if alignment is revealed on lynch. That info alone gives us a lot to base the next lynch on.
Mod: Is alignment revealed at each lynch or at end of day?

I also forgot about multiple lynches, so sideney can wait.

Unvote, Vote Surye

I expect a claim or something decently soon.
thats a good point. If alignment is not revealed, multiple lynches isnt such a supreme strategy.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Surye »

armlx wrote:I expect a claim or something decently soon.
*sigh* I really don't want to yet, as I don't think it will be beneficial for town. All I will say now is that I do have useful information. Though much more votes and my hand will be forced. All I ask is that you review what it is you're voting on me about. Everyone says I did a 180 where I did not, I have tried to outline why it is not a complete reversal, but no one seems to get what I am saying. The premise on these votes are faulty, and I hope a few of you realize that soon.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Dude, you're gonna die if you don't claim.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”