The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - Summer 2024 NEW SERVER!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

Event & Minigame RSVP ~ Week of 20/5 - 26/5:

Server START-UP Celebration - 24/5/2024 (To-Be-Finalized!)
50%
Inaugural SPLEEF Tourney - (Share your date/time preference!)
25%
Other Games, Speedrun Maps, IDK?! - (Share in comments!)
25%

Total votes: 4

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #10612 (isolation #400) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Chevre »

From the dynmap, the area around x0,z0 looks to be untouched forest, but I have no idea what it looks like underground.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #10625 (isolation #401) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Chevre »

Well right now, everybody is infatuated with Feed the Beast. If you're lucky, we've got it all jigged up so that you can see the chat from the FTB server.

In fact, you could try that. The steps to getting on the server are on Page 399. [/creep]
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #10657 (isolation #402) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 am

Post by Chevre »

Is the petroleum generator the mod that has the crude oil ore and the oil sands? because yeah, I could stand to lose those.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #10721 (isolation #403) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 10719, chkflip wrote:/: You guys aren't even playing the same game at this point.

It's just that Minecraft has so much potential. You are likely not yet disillusioned with the vanilla game, which is totally fine, but I've been playing for 2+ years. The mods add whole new content and sets of rules, and just when you've "completed" one, there are a hundred more to try. And then you go back to the vanilla version to enjoy its simplicity, and the cycle begins again.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #10731 (isolation #404) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 10723, Claus wrote:
In post 10721, Chevre wrote:
In post 10719, chkflip wrote:/: You guys aren't even playing the same game at this point.

It's just that Minecraft has so much potential. You are likely not yet disillusioned with the vanilla game, which is totally fine, but I've been playing for 2+ years. The mods add whole new content and sets of rules, and just when you've "completed" one, there are a hundred more to try. And then you go back to the vanilla version to enjoy its simplicity, and the cycle begins again.

I don't know. It seems to me that the more mods you add to the game, the less time you spend actually building stuff.

The vanilla server has so many awesome buildings (the mazes, izak's caves, spawn town, the many different castles)... I've yet to see what has been built of AWESOME in the modded server...

(Or maybe this is a reverse-psychology attempt at getting you guys to post more pictures :-P)

True. But there's not much new in geometrical terms that you could build. Sure, there are all sorts of pretty new materials, but they don't change the shapes and such you can build. I guess the spectacle so far are the mechanisms that are possible due to mods like Computer Craft; the quarry turtle thingies, for example.

(though I suppose I would be making some more pretty creations with xychoridite if it wasn't so darn complex. Cobblestone has to be furnace'd to stone, then craft'd to stonebrick then workbench'd into the actual pretty blocks with which you can build. And if you want to build in a color that isn't red green blue black or white...oof
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #10802 (isolation #405) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Chevre »

I don't know if play a lot on the new server, so this is a third party opinion: I think the fairest way is actually to use the hotbar to carry things over. Yes, of course there are variances in wealth. But a) refer to the arguments during the regen debate; you get what you give, there are of course going to be differences in equality and b) the "starter kit" idea just doesn't seem right. The starter kit doesn't really reflect anyone's true wishes. And if I were to play on the new server, I wouldn't want a "starter kit" of items which were far beyond the technology I ever amassed on the first server. I mean I have no clue where everyone stands but I doubt everyone has a SolarHelmOfLevelSeventyDeath or whatsoever.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #10818 (isolation #406) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 am

Post by Chevre »

But what about this cool MystCraft thing that lets us create what we want?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #10829 (isolation #407) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by Chevre »

What I mean is like, if everyone can create their dream environment, why worry about where the spawn necessarily is?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #10846 (isolation #408) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Chevre »

ill

b their

wit a luv dat wil shetler u
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11120 (isolation #409) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 11112, Claus wrote:First MS Minecraft World -- ???? - ???? -- I was not there to see it. Supposedly, they had weird mods like flying machines and stuff.
Second MS Minecraft World (Art Gallery, etc) -- 1.2 up to 1.4 -- 13/feb/11 to 3/apr/11 -- (??? I thought it started earlier)
Third MS Minecraft World (MSTA!) -- 1.4 to 1.9 -- 4/apr/11 to 19/nov/11
Fourth MS Minecraft World (Spawntown!) - Release 1.0 onwards -- 19/nov/11 to current

Didn't realize we've had the current world for so long (or the initial world for so little)

OMG...the days when I was a prolific member, creating fancy Art Galleries and such :O

I think the first world didn't exist, to be honest. I don't remember such crazy stuff goin' down.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11136 (isolation #410) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 am

Post by Chevre »

I waste resources all the time in hopes that an adventurous young chap will come along and google in mystery.

But it wasn't me. :)
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11301 (isolation #411) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Chevre »

So once the update happens, whenever the heck that is, I'm looking to add some mods. MindCrack was kind of awesome but there was a lot of stuff I didn't need that slowed down my computer a bunch. I'm also going for more of a natural themed play, like MindCrack is much more mechanically centered and that wasn't really fun for me (plus there was niko-useless-lite up the wazoo)

So here's what I'm looking at:
Biomes o' Plenty (or EBXL? I like them both. BicBiomeCraft is kinda yucky, but I supppose it is also an option)
Mo' Creatures (potentially some others, like DungeonMobs, Primitive Mobs, or Elemental Creepers)
Metallurgy (and possibly XyCraft? I do like the Xychoridite, but they seem to be trying to go in a more mechanical direction. Plus it has pesky aluminuseless...)
Pam's Mods (HarvestCraft for sure, don't know what others, probably not many)
Crafting Guide

Twilight Forest is great and I would really like to explore that mod but I feel like it adds a lotta lotta stuff and that'll slow down my computer. Although if I'm not in the Twilight Forest it shouldn't matter?

EDIT: Timber probably for sure, Backpacks and Weather you can add to the maybe list.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11309 (isolation #412) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Chevre »

Maruchan, can you give any specific reason why? Biomes o' Plenty actually looks really similar to EBXL, except the autumn biome in EBXL is prettier. Which I love the autumn biome, so yah.

And I've decided that I'll just do all the mods now (now meaning after I write this paper and after I write the Premiere of BB86) and just not update until most or all of the mods have updated as well. Redstone is not my cup of tea.

Also math is bath but east is least and west is best!

Can't disagree with that logic! You wouldn't even know how to!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11322 (isolation #413) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Post by Chevre »

All I really know about Thaumcraft is that you make wands, and that's as far as I got. I made the wand of the apprentice twice but never had a bookshelf to get the Thaumanommanomicon from.

It's kind of nifty but it's just not something I'm crazy about.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11324 (isolation #414) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by Chevre »

Well I just don't know because when you go to the Thaumcraft thread on MinecraftForum it's just like "make a wand of the apprentice, get a Thaumicon, gogogo" but I want a little bit more background without spoiling myself. Is it like casting magic spells? Or enchanting things?

Anyway, I'm pretty proud of myself; I managed to get the basic six mods I wanted without too much trouble. The only one I'm not sure works is EXBL but I'm sure it did. I was a little scared about metallurgy because ores weren't appearing? But then I found a dungeon with a tin bar in the chest and then I found some copper ore.

I did get confused trying to install Mo' Creatures, but they were wise enough to put a "how to install" in their first post.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11326 (isolation #415) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Post by Chevre »

Wow, that does sound very interesting. I think I may try it sometime, but I want to give what I have currently in effect a go. Thanks a billion! :)
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11360 (isolation #416) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 am

Post by Chevre »

So far, my opinion of my modded SSP

Mo' Creatures - It is really fun but sometimes I feel it adds too much? My spawn is right near a meadow so every time I approach there is a new swarm of creatures. First it was ostriches which attacked me I think because I stole one of their eggs?, then it was bunnies (which I wasn't complaining about), then there were some horses and now there are bears. Plus there are always birds and bugs. Like today I was clearing away tall grass and I accidentally made something a pet. I had no idea what it was so I named it "Fluffy;" turns out it was a gold-colored bird. And then I think this is my noobishness but my house-in-the-works was right next to this little cavern...in which a cave ogre spawned. It destroyed SO MUCH but now it seems to have despawned.
Extra Biomes XL - This is pretty nice so far. I spawned in a large forest which was pretty optimal, and then it was right next to a meadow with a village which was awesome. No complaints so far.
Metallurgy - I'm not really liking this one, to be honest. While I didn't know what everything was for, I really enjoyed the variety and prevalence of ores in MindCrack, but Metallurgy isn't like that. Most of the ores are for tools, and the mod scrambles the ore generation pattern so EVERY ore, including vanilla ones, spawns at random heights. This causes, at least so far in my mining, less ores to be found and not necessarily the ones you want. For the first time in a while I'm having difficulty finding iron :( But I've just started the alloying aspect of it so who knows?

Rei's Minimap - Useful as always. No complaints really.
TreeCapitator - I haven't actually used it that much but it's pretty great, especially since the forest I spawned in had tall fir trees and 2x2 redwoods. Make sure you get this instead of Timber! because this one actually cuts down the foliage as well.
Pam's Craft - Eh? I haven't really delved into it that much. Once I get a farm up and running we'll see how I feel about all the recipes and foods it adds, but so far I haven't really used anything from it.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased. My experience is fresh and that's what I wanted. I might end up switching Metallurgy with Jammy's Furniture Mod (the two can't work together because they share a block ID :sadface: though this is probably remediable?) .
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11362 (isolation #417) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Chevre »

I imagine there are a lot of conflicting IDs. Once I saw there was one I just shrugged it off because the furniture thing wasn't such a big deal.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11385 (isolation #418) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by Chevre »

I know the details of Maruchan's little "experiment."

Today I was playing on the server, minding my own business, when all the sudden I thought I heard a sound. There a lot of things that make sounds in Minecraft, so I didn't think anything of it, but then I was knocked on the head from behind and knocked out!

When I woke up I was in a sterile white operating room. Maruchan was leaning over me WITH A SCALPEL! I panicked, but the anesthesia would not let me move. I internally struggled, but then he walked away, to where I saw in front of me a projection screen. And a projector. Oh no. Ohnononnnono

The slides roiled themselves up on to the screen, and it was what I expected. Cut the tendons in the knees, and use them to attach the "subjects," butt to mouth. No. Please no please no.

But wait? The other two subjects didn't look like humans at all. While I was drawn in tan, they were pink, and hound squarish snouts...and tails...

Suddenly I heard a frightened grunt from my side. Somehow I turned my head. There was a pig, on a gurney just like me. My other side was a similar deal.

I tried to scream, but no sound came out.

I somehow escaped, but for now, this is my story.

The Human Piggipede

coming to theaters March 2013
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11433 (isolation #419) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:39 am

Post by Chevre »

Dethy.

1 Mafia
1 Sane Cop
1 Insane Cop
1 Paranoid Cop
1 Naive Cop

???
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11513 (isolation #420) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Chevre »

HAVE SOME PET BUNNIES, THEY SAID

IT'LL BE CUTE, THEY SAID

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11515 (isolation #421) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Chevre »

Sure thing, if you right click on them they become your pet and it lets you name it. And some birds...

Note that this is Mo' Creatures.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11517 (isolation #422) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 am

Post by Chevre »

Well yeah. I usually erase them but

I returned from a previous death point to find that strange creature had spawned in the pen I was standing in. It was made of cubes and look weird in general. But it wasn't attacking me, or chasing me or anything, so naturally I went up and tried to touch it. Unfortunately it was a golem, which after hitting me for half my health, RAISED A STORM OF BLOCKS FROM THE SURROUNDINGS (YES THAT INCLUDES MY HOUSE) and launched them at me, killing me. And then the other one is from a random rat that was like in my house or something. I don't know. Mo' Creatures is hard :(
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11526 (isolation #423) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Chevre »

Maybe I will create bunnies of each of you....
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11581 (isolation #424) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Chevre »

what is happening to fuzzy's screen I'm cofnused :S
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #11813 (isolation #425) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by Chevre »

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #12480 (isolation #426) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by Chevre »

500TH PAGE, I WAS HERE
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #14825 (isolation #427) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by Chevre »

OK, can someone simply explain how to download Rei's Minimap into 1.6.2 while on Windows 8? Everything has changed (#taylorswift) and now it's super tricky.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16023 (isolation #428) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:25 am

Post by Chevre »

Can I be re whitelisted please? my username is
jothchapman
. Thanks!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16050 (isolation #429) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Chevre »

CREEPY COINCIDENCE TIME

So I was playing on the server and MME was talking about how he was luring a creeper through a narrow tunnel. Having just read
The Enigma of Amigara Fault
earlier this morning, I referenced it by saying "The Enigma of Creeper Fault". (I don't know if he got it but it was a lame attempt anyway so w/e)

I log out, and guess what the splash text on the main screen is? "DRR! DRR! DRR!", which is a reference to the manga itself.

:O
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16066 (isolation #430) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:08 am

Post by Chevre »

oh no, does this mean we're going to start over for the new updates of granite and stuff?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16070 (isolation #431) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 am

Post by Chevre »

Good! Because I may be planning something (which I think is) fun for the map!

Actually, I wouldn't really mind, because starting over in Minecraft is always sort of fun.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16104 (isolation #432) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:08 am

Post by Chevre »

Just got a timeout thingy from the server. I'll try later tonight to see if it's any better.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16255 (isolation #433) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:02 am

Post by Chevre »

It's a creeper egg-splosion!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16258 (isolation #434) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Chevre »

In post 16256, notscience wrote:-33 6 343 location of a spider spawner
I had a dream that was probably influenced by this post.

I found a skeleton spawner but they were silly skeletons who just threw enchanted diamond equipment at you
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16300 (isolation #435) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Chevre »

I don't know if they exist in the truest sense, but if you consider that every block is a texture, by simply making there be no texture it lets you see through things I imagine?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16302 (isolation #436) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Chevre »

Nope, not kidding...

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16304 (isolation #437) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Chevre »

Seems like there are framerate issues ATM anyway.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16305 (isolation #438) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by Chevre »

But I just realized the combination-lock potential of item frames could be really useful for me.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16390 (isolation #439) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Chevre »

The vanilla server did some sort of timeout crashy thing like an hour or so ago--I wasn't too concerned because I was pretty much done playing, but I just thought I'd tell y'all
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16392 (isolation #440) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Chevre »

OK. I just figured I should be persistent in posting anything that could've been my fault.

BTW I haxxed the whole server and TNTed the whole maps. oops
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16395 (isolation #441) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 16393, Maestro wrote:<3 Chevre - way to call me out on my over-reacting-over-RL-and-flipping-out-on-Scummers transgression.
I don't know if you're actually mad but I didn't mean to offend! I just figured I really should have said something to see what was up. :)
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16414 (isolation #442) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by Chevre »

Port Chevre's chickens were a bit scattered around their pen when I logged on. :/
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16421 (isolation #443) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 16415, fuzzybutternut wrote:TIL Chevre knows how to exploit.
Excuse me? IT WAS YOU! YOU'RE THE CHICKEN SCATTERING CAPER!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16443 (isolation #444) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Chevre »

To be honest, who all is playing vanilla? I would except I'm incredibly busy, but I don't know if anyone else is even considering it...
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16447 (isolation #445) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by Chevre »

I guess in this last month, visit Port Chevre if you can! It is east of the spawn I think, across the sea, and there are just a bunch of bits and babs that make up the quirky town. I was going to possibly implement some "quests" once I finished the town, but the complexity and resource requirements of that plus my continuous urge to add something new kind of prevented that from ever happening, lol
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16454 (isolation #446) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Chevre »

I mean, I didn't want the server to be taken down by any means, but if people are paying for it I at least wanted to check up on usage. As I said, I've been fairly busy, but hopefully I can sneak in play here and there.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16485 (isolation #447) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:09 am

Post by Chevre »

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16600 (isolation #448) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by Chevre »

Though I don't know if I was a regular user or not, I wouldn't really recommend a vanilla server, especially if it will consume considerable money/time for those hosting it. I guess the first reason is this sort of confrontation; maybe it's just natural but I also remember map-gate among other issues, such as when things got real wealth-gappy and it was weird to play simply when a bunch of other people had grandiose beacons and everything.

But the real reason I was going to suggest before I read the rest of the thread was that it just wasn't utilized. In it's final months, I worked on Port Chevre on and off, and there was rarely anyone on. I was disappointed that I really never got to share that with anyone. It's not that I wanted to be obsessively playing with everyone else, I just wanted a place where people could explore and find cool builds on their own or people could be like "hey, come look at this thing I made!" I remember when the server was dying whoever was in charge noted that like, very few people were even playing it at all.

Think about this: when the server was finally closed, we were more concerned with getting the maps rather than trying to revitalize the server itself. I think that's evidence enough, imo.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #16630 (isolation #449) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:01 am

Post by Chevre »

WELCOME TO PAGE 666

But I kind of like Kcdaspot's minimal border increase idea.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #17013 (isolation #450) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Post by Chevre »

can i be whitelisted? jothchapman of course

I will be getting better internet on Tuesday and thus I may elect to begin playing this again.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #17022 (isolation #451) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Chevre »

I think you should be fine using the wiki. In addition to the aforementioned randomness of user pages, I've used the wiki to create pages for MishMash Survivor games, and much Song Contest information is stored there. I don't think one page for MS's Minecraft community should hurt anything.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #17033 (isolation #452) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Chevre »

The interesting thing is that Minecraft is 5 years old, so even with additional updates there's really not going to be so many more people purchasing the base game. Therefore, the thing to be worried about if anything is how Microsoft plans to profit. Is it "Minecraft 2"? Or is it something more simple like all the franchise gear that sells with it? Very interesting.

Like other's have said, 2.5 billion is so much money that it simply can't be refused. There was a Reddit thread today speculating what one would do with that much money, and as I thought about I realized it's literally so much that even if your financial intelligence was poor you'd still probably be OK in the long run. Plus, Microsoft is obviously a fairly smart company and even if it all goes down the drain, where the game is right now is pretty great.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #17041 (isolation #453) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 17034, Maestro wrote:
In post 17033, Chevre wrote:The interesting thing is that Minecraft is 5 years old, so even with additional updates there's really not going to be so many more people purchasing the base game.

...what? No?

Babies born to parents who started playing it right when it was released are just becoming old enough to have their accounts, etc. and that will happen as long as the game is being updated and most likely long after. :giggle:

54,000,000 x $20 is a little over 1 billion dollars, and that's a super-rough estimate of all the copies of Minecraft that have been bought since it's inception. Even then, to think that 54 million more copies will be sold is just silly. Of course kids as they get old enough will want accounts, but I doubt such great numbers will be purchasing this game, especially with the likely possibility of something becoming much more popular.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #17184 (isolation #454) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:25 am

Post by Chevre »

I did actually get on Vanilla Sunday I think, but no one was on and I was just starting out and it was getting dark so I just cut down a tree and quit. :P

Return to “The Arcade”