MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3290 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:21 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Hey this is my quick post before I'm hitting the road saying I'm the new Titus.

Since 130ish pages for three days isn't hurtful by MS standards I'll try to catch up in the next day or so.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3321 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:11 am

So starting my catch-up with today then moving back to Day 1 and 2. Given there is a scum flip there should be ample material to work with.

I will say I must apologize to Firebringer … I didn’t realize mastin is in this game or I would not have taken the slot. I’m not replacing out as it’s my fault and I have to suck it up and deal with it.

Hi TTH!

--
In post 3130, mastina wrote:If it were any other player than Pine, I would be treating this statement as basically a holy gospel of balance for this game. Since it is Pine, unfortunately, grain of salt involved, and caution to be taken. I think that what he says here is still accurate, though. (Obviously can't be sure since Pine is fucking Pine, but. Do what you can.)
Grain of salt? Given how he worked Town over in Camn’s game I would expect you’d be throwing the whole shaker of salt at anything he said. Why bother to give it any credence at all?

--
In post 3258, ɀefiend wrote:I'm very uncomfortable with AJ now. He acted very nonchalant about switching between me and Cakez. I know I'm town, so I feel like he may just have not cared about which one us was lynched. His declaration of the wagons as TvS without explanation almost hint at a lining-up-lynches scenario. I also don't think both AJ and BBMolla can be town.

Molla's vote wasn't any better, but I just have this gut feeling that he's town. mastina's tunnel on him also favors a townread, since mastina is almost assuredly scum. She wasn't anywhere close to being active near End of Day, and yet here she is at the Start of Day, swooping in and laying on a volume of posts. I feel like she's the type of player to be content with the town just eating itself alive while she pushes a gutshot lynch that's low-key and doesn't significantly contribute to solving the overall game. Her scumreads on me and Cakez were just tossed out willy-nilly.

I think Titus' frustrations are genuine. Don't see this slot being scum.

Peregrine, I'm sure there's a case to be made there. But I really liked a lot of his analysis yesterDay. The problem is, by this point he's got roughly a 50/50 shot to be scum by PoE.

VOTE: TWIE though, literally who?
So let me get this straight …

You have a valid reason to vote AJ – you are positing scum motivated behavior (staging you versus Cakez as SvT to chain lynches) and for some reason don’t think BB and AJ can both be Town while gut Town reading BB.

You say that Mastin is almost assuredly scum for several reasons that speak to scum intent.

And you vote TWIE for “Um, lurking”?

--
In post 3295, Nero Cain wrote:but PV is confirmed tow now.

vote: Mastina

In post 3299, Nero Cain wrote:so what...you think its a bastard game and mafia has a power to fake confirm scum?
In post 3318, Nero Cain wrote:I assumed it was legit (like an IC or public cop report) since the mod posted it. I also haven't seen the new movie yet.
Um, whut?

1. You aren’t a newb … anything labelled “Anonymous Message” is not mod confirmation … your jump to clear him is Road to Rome level bad play and I’m not sure I should buy it coming from you.
2. Why not vote me since you’ve been calling my slot scum pretty much all of today?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3384 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:41 am

So came back to the thread to start re-reads and saw that a bunch of posting has occurred … so staying in the present for now.

--
In post 3324, ɀefiend wrote:Does anyone with flavor knowledge know anything about the anonymous message?

I think those types of things are always WIFOM involved. It could be scum framing Pere. Or even if Pere is scum, why choose to inno yourself instead of guilty a non-clear?

Though I will say that every other message I've seen like that has been "mod-confirmed", so this one is rather suspicious. I wanna hear from Pere before I jump to any conclusions.
In post 3325, ɀefiend wrote:Man, nobody wanted to help me pressure TWIE. Why not? I don't like having a hole in my reads. That slot is basically a coin flip.
VOTE: Zefiend
I don’t think any elaboration is really necessary.

--
In post 3344, PeregrineV wrote:No. But it's not my entire PM, since nothing below picture.
So someone chose to post your Role in the game for everyone to see … how do you think they came across those salient details?

--
In post 3372, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3321, MagnaofIllusion wrote:2. Why not vote me since you’ve been calling my slot scum pretty much all of today?
I can't vote all my scumreads at the same time. Why should I have voted you over Mastina?
Ummm … interested attempt to twist the question away from yourself.

1. You haven’t done really anything to address Mastin today.
2. You’ve spent all day jousting with Titus and calling her scum.
3. Mastin had no wagon at the point you voted Mastin.

Again – why focus so much in pointing out over and over why Titus was scum and then the second that she replaces out vote the scum-read you really have said nothing about today? I mean … if in prior days you spent lots of time pointing out scum posts by Mastin it would make sense. But in that case I’d have expected you to say “Read prior days” instead of trying to turn the question back on me.

Secondly why did you dodge the following?
In post 3321, MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. You aren’t a newb … anything labelled “Anonymous Message” is not mod confirmation … your jump to clear him is Road to Rome level bad play and I’m not sure I should buy it coming from you.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3386 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:02 am

In post 3380, TheWayItEnds wrote:or use any of his teammates fake claims?
In post 3381, TheWayItEnds wrote:which seems easier than making up new ones?
I very much doubt Peregrine-scum would do so. I can link you to the Walking Dead Mafia that Radja ran but the upshot of the story is that the nail in Peregrine’s lynch coffin was him mixing and matching a fake-claim that he hadn’t noticed his partner had used.

I think he’s a good enough player to have learned to not free-lance from that experience.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3395 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:42 am

In post 3384, MagnaofIllusion wrote: Secondly why did you dodge the following?
In post 3321, MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. You aren’t a newb … anything labelled “Anonymous Message” is not mod confirmation … your jump to clear him is Road to Rome level bad play and I’m not sure I should buy it coming from you.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3396 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:49 am

In post 3391, Nero Cain wrote:so? Titus was here in real time and Mastin is busy lurking. How can I argue with Mastin if she's not here BUT when Mastin was here we did argue back and forth.
Why are you stuck only scum-hunting players who happen to be on the same time as you? That is an odd, odd response. Regardless who is active at a certain time if you see posts that have been made (and Mastin made a bunch at the start of the day I don’t recall seeing you address so far) and want to point out the scumminess you see.
In post 3391, Nero Cain wrote:Neither did Titus. If your criteria for laying down a vote is "they must have a wagon on them" I don't understand why you think a vote on a wagonless Titus would be ok but a wagonless Mastin is a bad vote. Whats the difference?
The conclusions you are drawing here are odd.

The point isn’t that there must be a wagon on someone to vote them or that one vote is inherently Ok / Not Ok.

The point is that you spent significant time and resources pushing Titus in thread, didn’t do the same on Mastin, and then drop a vote that doesn’t track to me. Your answer about “real time” doesn’t make sense and given you are dutifully avoiding discussing your reasoning on Pere I am looking for Town versus scum motivation. That should not be too hard to grasp.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3432 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:39 am

In post 3400, Heartless wrote:moi, molla, plz vote pv
So I wanted to look back at Peregrine’s interactions with Pine to look to see if they fit my “ScumPeregrine” understanding. Then I realized he didn’t come until after the scum lynch. So I looked at his predecessor.

I don’t like LUV’s interactions with Pine-n-Tonics. Lots of soft posts and it feels like Pine was giving LUV openings to appear more active ( as an example). Likewise Pine’s “gut suspicion” of LUV looks like distancing.

Also didn’t like the jump onto Pretty Princess at . Feels like “aha, something I can portray as scummy” scum posting. And the shifting to it being tone when called out on it is suspect also. The rest of his ISO is a halfhearted SirCakez push and hoping out when he didn’t like the game.

Is it a lock case? Nope. But enough given the Anon message that Peregrine hasn’t provided any reasonable answers for and Hearless’s work on Peregrine’s Aero read.

VOTE: Peregrine

This is L-1 for those interested.

@Heartless
– what is your read on Zefiend? I’ll be reading back but today’s’ posting has been scummy to my mind. looks like “Gah, gotta find something to point out about Peregrine so I’m not called out for bussing” to me.

--
In post 3408, Nero Cain wrote:I've devoted plenty of posting to why I suspect Mastin. Do you really think that if I had not backed up my Mastin stance there'd be virtually no heat on me? Like this stance you have that I haven't explained why I'm scum reading Mastin and everyone is just ignoring that is fucking laughable and I don't see how you'd ever believe that. But also, 3116, 3120 is Mastin and I's little back and forth. There is also 3159. While its true that I have more content with Titus today its not like I haven't been mum on Mastina. I also think it should be a simple concept that Titus and I having a back and forth conversation b/c Titus was here is going to produce more content than a lurking Mastina.
Then why didn’t you say this in the first place instead of going off on a tangent about “Why can’t I vote Mastin”? The simply answer would have been to say “Look at my ISO”. Yet your immediate knee-jerk wasn’t that.
In post 3408, Nero Cain wrote:You are right though that I haven't really spent much time talking about my scum read on PV. Its just gut but I am currently buying into the "scum gambit" theory.
Again … why did you immediately jump to assuming Pere as an IC? Heartless pointed it out quite easily that said message was not Mod confirmed information. You aren’t stupid. Yet you immediately jumped off the wagon. And now you are travelling the road of “Yeah, I haven’t discussed my Pere scum read but it was gut” and pre-emptively trying to smear people before his flip. Which I find suspect.
--
In post 3422, mastina wrote:Because *I* wasn't the one Pine fooled that game.
*I* was actually right on most of my predictions about Pine--not exactly on the money, but fairly close to it.
*I* actually massacred him. When *I* was alive, the town dominated--we had two of the three scum in our sights, and I was right to make the calls I was making.
Then I died.
And with ME dead, Pine worked the rest of the town. The surviving town. The town with me removed from it.
Let me says as an independent observer of the game that your stance here doesn’t quite reflect my belief on how effective you were at not being bamboozled. But that’s a discussion neither one of us are going to change the mind of the other.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3540 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Ok so finally able to sit a down and do some posting …

If I survive the Night expect my vote to be cast on Zefiend and locked down for the Day. I’ve gone back and looked at Aero’s ISO and Zefiend’s ISO and am kicking myself for not sticking with my guns on him.

--
In post 3501, BBmolla wrote:So folks

Who was the scum on the wagon
So why aren’t you providing your own thoughts on scum on the wagon BB? I mean you were pretty free with calling TWIE scum off the wagon …

BTW the answer is Zefiend … remind me about your read on him?

--
In post 3505, Nero Cain wrote:like honestly, this is manipulative bullshit. I find it hard to believe that Mastin
would think the entire scum team would be off an easy mislynch like PV
. She's scum and basically saying "don't hunt me and my buddies that were on the mislynch!"

Also I think her V/LA for Sunday is kinda bullshit. Like why not tell us long before you were going to be v/la Sunday?
This post – so bad. I mean … look at the bolded portion of the first and tell me that isn’t self-contradictory bullshit on its face. Especially since Nero was quick to jump to “3 scum on the wagon” in . If Nero was a newb I could see him making a derp post saying “It was an easy mislynch … scum were all over it”. But he isn’t. Probably one scum on there (hint, it’s Zefiend) … but I’d wager money that more scum were off the lynch (like Nero conveniently was for weak reasons after he said he agreed with Telltale’s case) waiting to cast aspersions about the wagon. Just like Nero is doing.

The second point is also pretty hot garbage given I always announce my V/LAs at the last moment.
In post 3509, Nero Cain wrote:Zefiend is prob town, as is Molla. I think her setting up a Nero/Moi group is a classic push town (me) bus buddy (Moi). I would agree to a lynch me tomorrow and then powerlynch MOI and Mastin but then tomorrow is lylo so that does shit all.
So this makes me feel that BB might just be playing terrible given that I doubt Nero scum puts both his partners in his “these players are probably Town” and Zefiend is pretty clearly scum.

--
In post 3508, mastina wrote:MagnaofIllusion hasn't really done anything to really scum up the slot, sure enough, but he also hasn't done anything to town the slot up, either. Also, the very fact that I'm not seeing alarm bells in MoI should, itself, be...an alarm bell. Townreading him = reason for him to be scum; scumreading him = reason for him to be town. This is closer to the former than the latter.
Yeah … this is also grade A bullshit. And why I should have looked closer at the play-list before replacing. At least be honest and admit you aren’t capable of reading me instead of this garbage.

--
In post 3258, ɀefiend wrote:I swear I'm always wrong about Cakez. Infinity, I kinda saw that one coming after his change-of-heart towards End of Day. Heartless, Nero, DP are all town so

I'm very uncomfortable with AJ now. He acted very nonchalant about switching between me and Cakez. I know I'm town, so I feel like he may just have not cared about which one us was lynched. His declaration of the wagons as TvS without explanation almost hint at a lining-up-lynches scenario. I also don't think both AJ and BBMolla can be town.

Molla's vote wasn't any better, but I just have this gut feeling that he's town. mastina's tunnel on him also favors a townread, since mastina is almost assuredly scum. She wasn't anywhere close to being active near End of Day, and yet here she is at the Start of Day, swooping in and laying on a volume of posts. I feel like she's the type of player to be content with the town just eating itself alive while she pushes a gutshot lynch that's low-key and doesn't significantly contribute to solving the overall game. Her scumreads on me and Cakez were just tossed out willy-nilly.

I think Titus' frustrations are genuine. Don't see this slot being scum.

Peregrine, I'm sure there's a case to be made there. But I really liked a lot of his analysis yesterDay. The problem is, by this point he's got roughly a 50/50 shot to be scum by PoE.

VOTE: TWIE though, literally who?
In post 3264, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 3262, Heartless wrote:
In post 3258, ɀefiend wrote:The problem is, by this point he's got roughly a 50/50 shot to be scum by PoE.
I see you have scumreads on: mastina, one of AJ/molla, and presumably, TWIE.
How were these 50/50 odds for Peregrine calculated?
mastina, BBmolla, AJ, TWIE, Titus, Peregrine

3/6 = 50/50

Don't have a scumread on TWIE.
Quick reminder of why Zefiend is scum …

Also very, very convienant that his and Nero’s reads on each other are very soft Town reads with little justification.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3544 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 pm

In post 3541, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3540, MagnaofIllusion wrote:If I survive the Night expect my vote to be cast on Zefiend and locked down for the Day
yeah this is scum.
yeah this is scum ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3545 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:02 pm

In post 3542, Nero Cain wrote:Also note how MOI is scum reading me for not being on the PV wagon after agreeing that he was scum but ignores Mastin who A) called Cakez scum but avoided his d1 wagon B) Called Thinker scum but wasn't on that wagon C) Wasn't on the d3 Cakez wagon. D) Called Zfiend scum but wasn't on his wagon.

Even if he does call her scum he's already made the announcement that he's going to vote park on Zfiend.
Notice how Nero actually dodges addressing the fact that Zefiend's posts are scummy as fuck and tries to point out "But but but Mastin did this"?

Working very hard to dodge having to justify that "probably Town" read so that if he has to bus less words laid down in thread about it to bite him in the ass.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3552 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:13 pm

VOTE: Zefiend

I wasn't kidding - Day 4 should have left no question about it ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3588 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:54 am

I’ll make my claim later tonight since apparently Zefiend is having to work on fabricating his target or whatever he's stalling on ...

--
In post 3547, Nero Cain wrote:I don't think they are scummy as fuck. Why does your belief that they are have to be mine?
It doesn’t. Derp. This isn’t Road to Rome. I’m pointing out for everyone else how your play re: Zefiend fits perfect late-game Partner play. You are soft Town reading him (and him you) with very little reasons to justify that read. I mean … yesterday his posts bled scum and you are all “Probably Town”.

You don’t want to bus when his flip means you follow him to the noose right afterwards.
In post 3561, Nero Cain wrote:come on, let the poor scum push their mislych of the day.
In post 3571, Nero Cain wrote:tbf its going to take forever to get the first two claims out of the way. And in my gut I want to hear mass claims before we start doing anything.
In post 3582, Nero Cain wrote:I guess getting TWIE's claim is a p good idea but man, I feel like I've solved this.
This is LAMIST handbook scum posting 101 …

--
In post 3555, Heartless wrote:Have you read enough to form an opinion of mastina yet, MoI?
With Night falling on my usual weekend V/LA I’ve only gotten through most of Day 1 so far. I am sans internet (aside from phone) during the day til Thursday but have set aside some time this afternoon to do a phone note read through. So no, not yet. I’ll try to post those notes where you can see them tonight.

My issues with Mastin from what I have read since replacing revolve around his seemingly singular focus on BBMolla as obv-scum.

--
In post 3575, mastina wrote:Err, 3540.
The long MoI post. Not 3541.
So what exactly do you disagee with Mastin? Aside from me calling you out on your bullshit which I knew you would take umbrage with.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3597 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:31 pm

In post 3588, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
I am sans internet (aside from phone) during the day til Thursday
but have set aside some time this afternoon to do a phone note read through
In post 3596, Nero Cain wrote:I wonder where MOI went.
Oh look … scum posting from Nero … shocker.

--

I’m Jyn Erso - Rogue One Vanilla Townie. My character ability is “Rebellions are built on hope”, one-shot and unused. I can make someone Loved for the Day by posting in thread. Fire will acknowledge at the next vote count.

Tag to whoever is next so we can get to actually lynching scum Zefiend.

@Heartless
– will post my notes tonight … read through during day got derailed by battery issues.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3598 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:32 pm

So TWIE needs to get here and post so Nero can break out his fake-claim ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3601 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Oh Nero ... come make you fake-claim ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3608 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:09 pm

In post 3604, Nero Cain wrote:I am Baze Malbus , Rogue Four Vanilla Townie. My special ability is called
How many do we need?
and it refills a players special ability. I targeted DP with it last night.
@DP
- How long has the details of your JOAT claim (shots and so such) been known?
In post 3606, Heartless wrote:
In post 3601, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Oh Nero ... come make you fake-claim ...
How many scum are there?
Large Theme Game starting with 17 players? At least 4. Probably 4 with the number of VTs already flipped. So three more scum most likely.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3617 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:47 pm

In post 3613, Heartless wrote:
In post 3602, Firebringer wrote:
Vote Count 5.01

Zefiend [2] MagnaofIllusion, Aj The Epic

Not Voting - [6] Heartless, TheWayItEnds, Nero Cain, Mastina, Zefiend, BBMolla

With 8 Alive, It Takes 5 To Lynch.

Rogue Leader Vote:

Mod Notes - May the flavor be with you.

Day 5 ends in (expired on 2017-03-06 22:26:20)!
I see no acknowledgment of anyone being loved.
Well since I have not used my ability ... why would you expect to see it?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3620 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:50 pm

In post 3611, Nero Cain wrote:So unless DP thinks Molla is really stupid then we are done with mass claim.

I am very much willing to bet the game on MOI/Mastina though no lynch is a possible option for the day.

MOI tell us why you don't think Mastina is scum.
And I'd like you to explain why you don't think Zefiend is scum.

Guess neither of us cares about you pleasing the other.

The LAMIST I'd bet the game on it is pretty obv scum hoping to save their partner and get a mislynch in probable MYLO.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3623 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:52 pm

In post 3616, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3614, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 3550, Firebringer wrote:
Drunken Piper died Last Night!

Welcome! You are
Bodhi Rook
, Rogue Four ,
Jack of all Trades
You are aligned with the
Rebel Alliance

?
IDK, my pm says that I'm rouge 4 twice.

Mod: Is DPs flip correct?
Lol ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3626 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:56 pm

In post 3624, Heartless wrote:
In post 3620, MagnaofIllusion wrote:The LAMIST I'd bet the game on it is pretty obv scum hoping to save their partner and get a mislynch in probable MYLO.
I imagine an ability like yours has a MYLO/LYLO clause.
That's why I'm telling you to use it.
It doesn't.

Phone posting due to crappy hotel internet..

Inspire Heartless

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3630 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:03 pm

In post 3629, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3615, Nero Cain wrote:unless a mod is doing one of those vote counts where it says how many votes it takes to lynch a player (L-1, L-2 etc) then I don't think we'd see a loved modifier.
Even if MOI can may a player loved (I buy the ability) I don't think it makes him town and Heartless isn't a lynch option for today so why use it on them? It seems buddyish. Why not use it on Mastin who he's calling a mislynch?
lol immediately goes to discrediting.

But let's talk about your claim where you just happen to use an unprovable ability on the Nightkill target ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3632 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:06 pm

And note that he suggesting my use isn't Town because I didn't use it on Mastin. Literally Nero is scrambling to shade every action as from scum. Had I used it on Mastin? We are obv partners.

He's not actually thinking about his posting but looking to frame every post as scum regardless of how much sense it makes.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3635 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 pm

In post 3633, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3632, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Had I used it on Mastin? We are obv partners.
^^^^^
knows Mastin will flip scum.

Also this is not how town thinks like at all.
Nope. But keep trying hard to save your partner Zefiend.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3637 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:14 pm

In post 3636, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3630, MagnaofIllusion wrote:But let's talk about your claim where you just happen to use an unprovable ability on the Nightkill target ...
If I retain my shot it is provable but I don't think you have any ground to stand on with this b/c the only way you could "prove" yours is if we run Heartless up. If you had believed Mastin was a mislynch you should have used it on her b/c she is a major lynch candidate.
Speaking of scum not reading ...

Fire will actively state Heartless is Loved. So it is automatically proven.

Flail away at your shaky claim scum.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3640 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:18 pm

In post 3638, Nero Cain wrote:Calls Mastin a mislynch>>>uses ability on non Mastin>>>>claims he didn't use it on Mastin b/c it would make them obv partners.
No I claimed that no matter what I did you would call it scum use.

Nice misrep scum.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3642 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:20 pm

In post 3639, Heartless wrote:I doubt anyone's lying about what their character ability is.
Really? Because Neros claim is scummy. No way to confirm. Didn't use it before hand to refill the Gunslith shot when DP could have used it.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3646 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:39 pm

In post 3645, Nero Cain wrote:I don't really feel like digging through my posts to quote them but basically....

I felt like he was being genuine when he first got waggoned as was all like "I spent hours reading this game!"

on d3 when there were competing Cakez/Zefiend wagons. The wagons were pretty stagnant and it made me feel like scum were comfortable with the wagons. Yes, Cakez did eventually overcome Zfiend, so even if we want to argue that Cakez was the counter wagon to Zefiend then there'd be scum sitting on the Cakez lynch.

And I just think he's flatout the scums mislynch du jour.
Whole lot of empty 'feels' soft reasons right here. For someone actually in the game I would expect better.

My phone is dying so this is it for tonight.

My read on Mastin at this point is basically formed by him being pushed by my top two scum suspects since I replaced in. One of whom throws off obv scum with every post but is letting the other fight his battles for him.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3714 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:03 am

So Zefeind’s pop in and vote on me is scummy as properly pointed out by I assume TTH at . The fact that it comes before Nero makes his “explanation” of my being scum that was promised in thread and never appeared solidifies my partnership read on them.

--
In post 3650, Heartless wrote:So who else besides Nero and zefiend do you think is scum?
Yeah … given your “MoI must be lynched today” what do you think this will accomplish if I am scum to you. I have two viable scum suspects. Are you asking me to call the whole team? That’s busywork.

Aside from Zefiend and Nero I don’t have a solid scum read outside of that.

The only slot I have as pretty solid Town is AJ based on his claim and his read on Nero’s “flinging shit” today which is dead on.

You two are probable Town to me from tone since I replaced in. My only concern is that both you and AJ are still breathing which is paranoia. But I’m not just giving in to paranoia when there are viable candidates with active scummy posting.

My read on TWIE is mostly meta but I’d lean Town.

BBMolla is an big ball of nothing. Would not be shocked whatever his alignment is.

Mastin I automatically want to scum read for her playstyle and past issues. For her to be scum the push on her by both Zefield and Nero would be bussing. Possible I guess but suboptimal play. Maybe the fact that Mastin isn’t getting pressure at all opens the door on that more … will see if Mastin joins my wagon.

--
In post 3653, Nero Cain wrote:I'm still very interested in the answer to this and I think its pretty telling that
he didn't answer that before his "battery died"
Look, another scummy assertion from Nero (the bolded). Anyone with any sense can clearly see the difference between my normal posting and my phone posting.

The answer is of course that the use was 100% Pro-Town. Heartless isn’t getting lynched and thus I haven’t made Town’s job harder by making someone I can’t know their aligment of certain harder to lynch in off chance I’m wrong on my reads. I doubt I’m wrong given Zefiend’s recent posting.

Again – it is pretty clear you were going to try to justify whatever action I took as scummy … I just happened to take the course that made it hardest for you to actually justify. I mean – what scum motivation are you suggesting? Just saying “No Town motivation” is empty mudslinging when the above is pretty obvious.
In post 3659, Nero Cain wrote:I'd also like to point out that one of the reasons that PV was lynched was b/c his call sign is wrong . I understand that having two players with identical call signs isn't the same thing but I mean isn't it possible Fire just made a mistake?
And this is scummy. Peregrine didn’t get his call-sign wrong. He got lynched for a poor decision in coloring it in his anon message and for not owning up immediately to the fact it was him. Nero is trying to draw parallels here that don’t exist.

So which is more likely – that Firebringer derped on the role PMs and it passed review with no-one noticing or Nero made a bad call in trying to boost the viability of his fake-claim? Occam’s Razor says the later.
In post 3696, Nero Cain wrote:a 2 shot vig and 2 joats against a a goon that can make a player loved, whatever mastins real role is and a 2 shot vanilaizer and ???? Sure yeah, the crew skills could be given to scum but I don't think that would or should play a part in balance.

In your theory that he's town we'd have a 2 shot vig, 2 joats, a full JK against a 2 shot vanillaizer, a goon that can make a player loved, whatever mastins real role is and another goon. That seems rather townsided to me but of course I don't really do modding so....

I just think it would make sense for scum to have blocking powers. And I don't think his play and use of action make sense as town.
In post 3697, Nero Cain wrote:I mean unless Mastin or MOI are scum blockers I think its plenty possible that AJ is scum here.
How is everyone not calling this out? Seriously the amount of mental gymnastics and unfounded assumptions he’s posting here can’t be honest Town.

He’s been calling both of us scum. How in the world does he not assume we would be lying about only having Character Abilties? He’s admits he doesn’t understand modding or balance and yet is using a bunch of stupid assumptions to keep AJ as a lynch candidate open. Aka how scum approaches things at endgame – keep as many fallbacks in play and active.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3720 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:21 am

In post 3715, Heartless wrote:This is not a town attitude.
Yes it is. Find me a game where in MYLO going out of your way to call the scum team results in good things for Town. All it does is allows for scum to make sure that any mis-reads on teams are capitalized on.

Do you disagree with my read on Zefiend? If you do and want to discuss I’m certainly down with that.
Do you disagree with my read on Nero? Same offer applies.

But don’t grandstand me for not saying “Here are the three scum BAM”. I don’t operate that way and probably you should know that regardless of which head this is …
In post 3716, Heartless wrote:Nothing about mastina's interactions with Pine was of any note to you?
I'm unsaturated.
You know I still have yet to get past late Day 1. In large part due to the time Nero vacuumed up from me yesterday with his spam posting while I was hobbled on my phone. Now that I have stable internet I’m going back to look over the Day 1 / 2.

--
In post 3719, Drunken Piper wrote:
In post 3718, Drunken Piper wrote:
ghost vote
AJ
nero

What is your read on Zefiend? Do you think I am bonkers for seeing his posting as completely scum motivated?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3725 (isolation #29) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:02 am

So looking at Pine links and actions …

So Pine gets an sizeable page 1 wagon – 2/3rds of the votes needed for lynch. Do we think this is 100% Town BTW?
In post 26, Firebringer wrote:Vote Count 1.01

Pine [6] The Thinker, Aj the Epic, Infinity 324, Desperado, Heartless, PrettyPrincess
I have my doubts. Given the general lack of conversation about it (other than from Infinity, who was Town) there is an awful lack of attention to it in the moment. But Pine’s relative coolness under fire feels to me like they were not really worried about catching three more “for yuks” votes. So at worst we are probably looking at only 1 scum on the wagon at this stage.

I would like to call people’s attentions to the Pine versus Heartless balance discussion starting at and using that as a mirror to the recent Nero versus Heartless “AJ is likely scum” discussion. The echoes there are pretty palpable.

Also Nero’s entrance looks forced as heck. Specifically where he posits that Pine is the one most likely to be White-Knighting Titus early but manages to land right on the Sir Cakez counter-wagon – .

And by page 12ish the wagons have swung to the following –
In post 362, Firebringer wrote:Vote Count 1.05

Pine [2] The Thinker, Aj the Epic
SirCakez [6] Aeronaut, alban, Nero Cain, BBMolla, Lil Uzi Vert, Infinity 324
Again – knowing that Cakez was Town does anyone think this wagon was 100% Town? I don’t think that’s likely given this is what developed as an eventual counter-wagon to Pine.

Reminder – may be relevant dependening on who gets Rogue Leader Day 1.

Mastin’s entrance at may be very relevant depending on whether anything develops the rest of the day based on her “first instinct is Pine scum”. A vote for Pine shows up shortly afterwards (after a quick hop on the SirCakez wagon) but at this point Pine was in no danger.

And then we get Nero potentially chain-sawing for Pine at .

I don’t see re: Mastin as partner posting personally. Same with it doesn’t serve mastin and Pine partners for Pine to pre-emptively undermine Mastin’s ability to smoothly transition to a Town read on Pine.

I’ll note in my re-read that I am halfway through Day 1 and Aero (aka Ziefiend aka scum) still has not returned to the thread. He finally shows up to provide content on page 34. What I see is a bunch of comments regarding posts saying this is suspect and that is suspect with little drawn from it. Aka filler posting. Same with page 44 posting. It looks good but there is not drive in those posts to actually solve the game.

And look … Day 1 Nero was selling the same crap “Player X doesn’t want to bus” garbage () as he is now … only this time it is Mastin not wanting to bus Town SirCakez.

On page 36 Heartless seems to have twigged to Pine’s scumminess. Does a vote move follow?

Heartless’s vote for Pine at is solid Town given the state of the wagons on Page 42.

Aero’s twigged me for the comment “Pine’s post here is definitely sort of off” as it goes to the heart of what I have been saying about this slot. He’s willing to express some mild suspicion but not willing to vote what is a Top wagon (with AJ the other at this point). And the undermining of Klingon for the Pine vote at is bad.

And by Page 46 Pine is back to the dominant wagon. Note Nero’s and . And also we get a discrediting run at mastin at for his vote on Pine. And more Nero attacking mastin for voting Pine at .

I am a bit bothered that both AJ and BB has had so little impact in almost 50 pages that neither has shown up in my re-read notes …

And by a lurker lynch has derailed the potential lynch on Pine scum.
In post 1474, Firebringer wrote:
The Thinker [LYNCH] TheWayItEnds, Heartless, Infinity 324, AJ the Epic, Pine-A-Tonics, Desperado, SirCakez, Drunken Piper, Klingoncelt
No way a wagon on scum Pine got to 6 votes late in the day and Pine is the only scum vote on this wagon.

So coming out of Day 1 – I can’t see how anyone is selling me on “Pine interactions” being damning to anyone but Nero. He pretty much spent the day browbeating votes on Pine and his long term read on mastin developed today for mastin scum reading Pine and wanting him voted.

Does not compute.

Aero still looks like scum active lurking. Unimpressed by AJ and BB's posting but neither was actively looking to fight the Pine wagon like Nero.

Day 2 read through probably comes tomorrow. However I’m not expecting a guilty will be as informative as today.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3730 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:16 am

So Day 2 …

So BBMolla claims Vanillaized … I don’t think scum wasted a shot of that limited ability created a clear for a partner. So unless I come across reason to doubt it happened I don’t see him as scum and think that reflects pretty poorly on Mastin still pushing his lynch even today.

Oh .. look Nero is once again pushing mastin as scum at … for his trying to lynch Pine. Why are people Town reading him again?
In post 1506, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok. So heartless, desp, me, and nacho were in the rogue crew last night, and then pine joined the crew in the middle.
At what point did AJ start auto-protecting Heartless? Because this is pretty damn strong evidence that the N1 Rogue crew is all Town.

And again – mastin’s vote on Pine at is pretty Town since this is before the Guilty and a quick wagon had formed on KlingonTown.

And Pine’s Nightkill WIFOM discussion at does not reflect partner posting with mastin.

mastin’s push pre-Guilty on Pine reads very Town. Look at page 67.

And that’s that for Day 2.

@Heartless
– How in the hell are you floating Mastin interactions re: Pine at me with Nero’s completely scummy Day 1-2 interactions and Aero’s complete active lurking / lack of any read on Pine?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3732 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:46 am

In post 3731, Aj The Epic wrote:I didn't think to use my ability defensively until recently, mostly because I wasn't sure what other PRs were in play.
Ok, thanks ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3734 (isolation #32) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:59 am

@Nero - why did you do everything in your power to defend Pine and attack those wanting to lynch him Day 1 and Day 2?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3737 (isolation #33) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 pm

In post 3736, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3734, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Nero - why did you do everything in your power to defend Pine and attack those wanting to lynch him Day 1 and Day 2?
answer my question first.
Nope. Done jumping through your hoops Mr. Scumbag. I've laid out pretty clearly why you and Zefiend need rope.

@Everyone not Nero or Zefiend
- any comments about Day 1 and Day 2 review?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3738 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Think I will fire up the MoIputer in the morning after reading Day 1 and Day 2 as a sanity check for my Town reads ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3740 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:17 pm

In post 3739, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3737, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Nope. Done jumping through your hoops Mr. Scumbag. I've laid out pretty clearly why you and Zefiend need rope.
translation. I realize that Mastina never laid out a case on Pine and its completely logical thought process for Nero to think Pine was a bus. But if I say that then it undermines my fake push on you and Zfiend and opens me up to questions about why I think there's no case on Pine but that its not a bus.
Scum posting trying desperately to divert away from the fact that his Day 1 and Day 2 play regarding Pine was scum partner play.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3755 (isolation #36) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 am

This thread needs more TWIE and BBMolla committing to who is scum and where to vote.

--
In post 3750, Heartless wrote:We don't disagree with your zefiend read.
We do disagree with your Nero read.
So let’s discuss …

Do you think Zefiend and I are partners? I mean … the fact that you have your vote parked on me says you do given the above but I’d like confirmation that is what you think.

As for your Nero meta read – meh. He was scum in Death Note Mafia and in the top 7 posters for the entire game despite being lynched Day 1. How did this game escape your meta read?

I don’t see Town is his attacking everyone for suspecting Pine Day 1 and Day 2. I don’t see Town for his “scum read” on Mastin for pushing on Pine for two straight days. Frankly the entirety of his “Case” on Titus / me and Mastin is just repeating “this is scum” over and over. If you want to actually discuss things that happened in this game as opposed to “meta” I’m happy to.

--
In post 3748, Nero Cain wrote:multiple town wagons happen all the time. Why does Cakes-Zfiend
have
to be TvS and who were the scum that got got Cakez pushed over Zfiend?
And wagons on scum happen all the time also … nice generalization bullshit ….

Seriously is anyone buying the “Zefiend is just a scummy easy mislynch” given how Zefiend has yet to get pushed through given the large swath of players who think he’s scum?[*]

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3792 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:18 am

MOD – I’ll be V/LA from now until Monday morning for my usual weekend duties.

So today is dragging out and I basically have little care at this point. If you are going to push through an obviously scum driven mislynch and lose the game go ahead and do so. This serves as my pre-emptive “I told you so” to Town (basically Heartless) on my wagon.

--
In post 3757, Heartless wrote:^what's the narrative w this?
What sort of junk question is this? You are asking what sort of narrative it is for scum Nero to spend two days attacking players for voting Pine as scum? I mean – defending your partner is just as much Mafia 101 as is bussing. You aren’t a Newb … stop asking questions like one.

--
In post 3770, Nero Cain wrote:TTH, you know that scum pushing their buddy is a solid scum tactic and happens rather often right?

I don't really think that her reasons she has given really make me think that that's not an impossibility.
Translation – scum never defend their buddies hard like I did with Pine and am doing with Zefiend …
In post 3777, Nero Cain wrote:Why would MOI lie like that?
Yeah speaking of outright lies ... this is it in a nutshell.

My large catchup posts capture the many, many times you chainsawed for Pine Day 1 and 2. Of course you take the scum route and just say “Lie Lie Lie” but it is working for you so I guess good job?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3945 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:10 am

Hey I got prodded and RL was kicking me in the balls ...

I might go back and look over what I missed but I can't say as there is much motivation for me to do so.

I've laid out my thoughts quite clearly on who is scum. I'm at L-1 and scum is just waiting out the inevitable deadline lynch momentum rather than actively commit their third member to join both Zefiend and Nero on my wagon.

If the game doesn't end overnight with a successful Nightkill look at how people handled me once I got to L-1 to look for Nero and Zefiend's partner ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3946 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:12 am

Again the fact that this is the entirety of Zefiend's posting since my last post should have been a clue in that scum don't want to rock the boat on their probable winning mislynch ...
In post 3801, ɀefiend wrote:If I think you, Nero, and Molla are Town, it makes it easy to tag MOI as scum. He kinda blew the whole pocketing thing Titus probably had going with me, and Nero has been towning it up too.

About 60/40 on the AJ/BB tossup. Not convinced that a vanillaizer is enough to warrant two blocking roles. I just played in a game where Firebringer backed up that had an unlimited vanillaizer and 0 town blocking power.
In post 3807, ɀefiend wrote:Sure it does. You just said it acts like a roleblocker so it would make sense for each side to have one roleblocker-esque ability instead of Town having two.
In post 3848, ɀefiend wrote:It's a check+effect. Hardly investigative considering Peregrine's thing.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3948 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:02 am

In post 3947, Heartless wrote:UNVOTE:
Why ... you've been saying I am scum nigh on since Day started ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3951 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:49 am

In post 3950, Heartless wrote:Was there a point to poking at that?
Yes. Given your stance (or at least one of your head's stance anyway) that I am the only acceptable lynch today I'm very confused as to why you unvoted me. My working assumption is you have long ago hashed out that I was scum between the two of you. The "No universe where MoI isn't scum" style comments make that pretty clear.

So what about looking at Molla with your other head necessitates that unvote? You two have overnight and whatever to discuss Molla if you really think I'm scum.

Unless my thoughts about the set-up are off my mislynch here should more or less seal the game for scum. So I can't really see it as a move by scum who has me and the rest of Town snowed.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3963 (isolation #42) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:06 am

In post 3962, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: MagnaOfIllusion

Still not scum and I hope this is right or I'll probably cry tbh. If it's wrong I'm likely way off base and it's Nero/Heartless/zefiend or some crazy shit
Well be prepared to cry if you aren't scum posturing for "Oh, darn another mislynch" ...

Pre-emptive "I told you so" for not lynching obv-scum Zefiend.

If you get to tomorrow (and I have my doubts that is happening) turbo-lynch Zefiend and then lynch Nero when Zefiend flips scum.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4336 (isolation #43) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:07 am

Oh this is a thing that is over ...

Good job taking it home Mastin.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #4360 (isolation #44) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:18 pm

In post 4356, Firebringer wrote:Waiting on zefiend and magnaofillusion.
If you replaced out, I don't count you as a vote for scum PT released.
Anyone who knows me at all knows my automatic consent is given. There is no reason to not release a Mafia PT (heck, or any non-hydra PT) immediately at game end.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”