Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #0) » Fri May 21, 2004 10:04 am

Post by Fuldu »

And I'm here replacing Untrod Tripod, but you'll have to give me a little time to catch up. mlaker, out of respect for me, please don't impose a deadline just yet.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #1) » Sun May 23, 2004 11:35 am

Post by Fuldu »

Unless I'm mistaken, bigbenwd, I think ZONEACE's point is that you're actually
dead
in this game, so probably shouldn't be posting anything, even if it's just to increase participation.

On which:

I've finished reading 121 printed pages of the game and have come to several important conclusions.

1) Untrod Tripod needs lithium; I'm taking over for an idiot-savant. I have absolutely no idea where the bizarre insights into character that revealed God and Scalebane as scum to UT came from (even though he was then completely incapable of convincing anyone); only that I'm stuck with all the crap the idiot said.

2) ZONEACE has persecution issues. Early in the game he put forward the claim that the teachers are aliens, a fact no longer in dispute. He has then proceeded to attack anyone and everyone who questioned his innocence, on the basis that he was "a confirmed innocent." Okay, today, now that I'm comfortable with the idea that the teachers/aliens are all dead, I can see the validity of that argument, but a teacher/alien could just as easily put out the connection, knowing that teachers are going to be everyone's first choice to lynch even if they aren't aliens, in order to maintain a credible cover story. Add to that the fact that we've now had an Enlightened Calvin Clone, and it's perfectly reasonable to think that there might also be a Bad Side Calvin Clone who would have the same info as the other Calvin Clones, but on scum's side.

The point of this is not to suggest that ZONEACE is scum; I don't think he is. The point is just to suggest that no matter how airtight you think your story is, the fact that people are punching holes in it doesn't make them scum. The whole point of the game for scum is to try to create airtight stories, and for townies to try to punch holes in them.

3) Leonidas is never going to participate unless we make him. And with the way this game is going, probably not even then. 3 votes isn't doing it, so
vote: Leonidas

4) mlaker isn't helping me prep for this role any. I asked for all of UT's night choices and was sent back a list of the nighttime outcomes, which isn't the same thing. Upon asking some more specific questions, I was told I wouldn't be getting those answers and not to ask. So, as far as I can determine, Untrod Tripod actually did target mathcam Night 3 and then reported that he had targeted Scalebane, instead. Further, I was not given a target for Night 2, suggesting that the whole plan regarding UT and MGIA didn't actually happen, despite UT's claims that he was "given a bath." This is not an impossible explanation (see point 1, above), but it's never a good sign when you don't trust the information you got from the mod.

C'mon, people, let's put this game out of its misery.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #2) » Sat May 29, 2004 3:16 am

Post by Fuldu »

Um, maybe you should count again. No posts because we all think we've already lynched Leonidas.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:48 am

Post by Fuldu »

So what you're saying is that there's still an alien left, in addition to Moe. That's no good. In addition to which, I suspected quite the wrong person. Sorry about that. Breakdown has seemed so comparatively inactive this game, I figured there was no way he was an investigative role. And we don't know that TB was investigative, but it seems a good bet.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:02 am

Post by Fuldu »

I think NanookTheWolf showed up as a replacement, said that he would read everything over and then post, and has subsequently done nothing. I'd like to get a role claim from that quarter.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:54 am

Post by Fuldu »

Well this is just dumb. Nobody's participating, and nothing's happening.

vote: NanookTheWolf
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:28 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Five people are still in the game (I think, the alive on the front page is way off), and exactly two have posted so far today. I'm not especially concerned that the non-teamed scum are going to suddenly jump on my vote for a lynch. A prod is fine, but let's get one for Polarboy and EnPaceRequiscat, as well.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:01 am

Post by Fuldu »

Aargh! People! Do you even read the posts? I (Hobbes) flat out apologized for killing Breakdown in the first post of the day! But, ZONEACE was strangled and then beaten up. Aliens strangle; somebody else (we're presuming Moe) beats up. We have TWO scum left! And, EPR, if you think a name claim is a good idea, claim your own name.

For now, I'll
unvote: NanookTheWolf
but I don't especially believe that claim at this stage.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:00 am

Post by Fuldu »

That just leaves EPR for a name claim. I do find it distressing that within 24 hours of my making threats, everyone showed up. It suggests that all three of them were following along all along, but didn't want to post.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:44 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I'd like to hear a bit more on what commuter role means in this context. Also, Polarboy is the only one who hasn't claimed a role to go with his name.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:48 am

Post by Fuldu »

I'm going to say that of the roles claimed, I find Polarboy's the least likely. Uncle Max appeared in all of a week's worth of C&H strips. Even Bill Watterson wrote something to the effect of not having the faintest idea what to do with him. It's a much more minor character than any of the others used here.

vote: Polarboy
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:39 am

Post by Fuldu »

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens if I choose incorrectly, as Moe and I can each kill one another. I'm, frankly, shocked not to have been killed last night. So, our claims are Rosalyn and Susie, each of whom claims to have some night protection. They were also the last two player to claim names, so I can't say that one is more likely simply because it was riskier. There are several other comparisons I could make, but they don't actually impart any additional information, so I'm not going to type them. In the end, in the interest of getting this over, the coin says heads, so
vote: Argoti

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”