RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by RafK »

Confirmed, PM received, ready to go.

About that revive... Reviving someone nightkilled rather than someone lynched makes sense, obviously, and we can probably afford to wait until after there's been a couple of nightkills too. If the mafia are ballsy enough to kill one of their own and try to direct a revive on that person, then even if they succeed... they've traded a nightkill for the revive, same as if they nightkilled a townie and we revived (and with the added bonus that the mafia will have had to commit themselves in order to direct that person being revived). I ain't worried about reviving a scum, in other words.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by RafK »

Nightson, are you translating that stuff off your own knowledge, or do you have a site you're using?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Post by RafK »

Mgm wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:yea I'd like an answer to that.
Will already dead people have their roles revealed when we revive someone?
When there's no chance of someone returning from the dead, their role will be revealed.
I don't think that 100% answers what he was asking.

Mgm
: Will we see the roles of the dead once the town one-shot revive is used up, or only after all revive powers (
if they exist
) are used up?

It's really weird having a day available at the start of the game with effectively a forced no-lynch. I'm inclined to think the usual "talk is good for the town" isn't applying here, since there's no pressure on scum to do anything or make any tells, while townies with abilities might give themselves away.

Although if anyone just wants to claim scum for fun, be my guest :)
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by RafK »

EBWODP: The one good thing about no-reveal deaths is the scum won't know what they killed (unless they get a role that tells them, which is possible). Opens them up to a big counterclaim risk.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by RafK »

A Papaya wrote:While I'm agreed with RafK, reviving a nightkill could still be reviving a cult leader or SK. However, it doesn't seem that bad.

So, who else thinks that Set is probably Mafia Godfather?
Are you scum buddies with the mafia godfather? Trying to make us look in the wrong direction? :)
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:25 am

Post by RafK »

'Las, por Yossick. I knew him well.

Actually not at all, but you know. Rhetoric and all that jazz. Be interesting to know what name is in the cartouche, though... It's after midnight here, but I'll give it a go tomorrow if no-one's done the translation by then.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by RafK »

So would I be correct to say your translation is approximately

"A god beat Yosarian at night" "It is sun rise" "19 alive 10 to lynch" ?

That first pair of lines still isn't 100% clear to me.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:14 am

Post by RafK »

I have no idea where to start this day :/
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:12 am

Post by RafK »

Phoebus wrote:Use your vote.
Well, I might as well see if it's in working order, true.
vote Phoebus
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by RafK »

I am violently opposed to reviving Yos, but I was kind of waiting quietly for people to make a move on that. I'll discuss that in greater detail when I get a chance. For now, please no-one put in a majority vote for it.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by RafK »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:We definitely should revive Yos.
We definitely should NOT revive Yos, and while I could certainly forgive a "let's revive Yos!" meme, it's interesting that when someone says they're violently opposed you completely ignore it and just press harder to try for a quickrevive (to coin a phrase).

There's also good tactical reasons for not reviving at the first opportunity, but that's not my reasoning here. I have role-based information that reviving Yos would be bad. If the town requires, I will explain in depth, but that isn't required at this point in time.

unvote, vote Albert

Any particular reason for being so revive-happy?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by RafK »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
RafK wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:We definitely should revive Yos.
We definitely should NOT revive Yos, and while I could certainly forgive a "let's revive Yos!" meme, it's interesting that when someone says they're violently opposed you completely ignore it and just press harder to try for a quickrevive (to coin a phrase).

There's also good tactical reasons for not reviving at the first opportunity, but that's not my reasoning here.
I have role-based information that reviving Yos would be bad.
If the town requires, I will explain in depth, but that isn't required at this point in time.

unvote, vote Albert

Any particular reason for being so revive-happy?
I've already stated the reasons in detail. Now explain
your
reasons and I will unvote if I find them valid.
Thanks for fishing, though.

Vote on you stands.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by RafK »

No, you see, I can? It's called "I have secret information and the scum doesn't need to know exactly what it is". The roles of the dead will be revealed at some point, so my statement here is verifiable. When an information role says "I have information!" and someone's immediate reaction is to try and get more information out of them, that reaction to my mind is scummy. Spilling more info than necessary on day 1 is bad for the town.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by RafK »

IH wrote:
Rafk wrote:No, you see, I can? It's called "I have secret information and the scum doesn't need to know exactly what it is". The roles of the dead will be revealed at some point, so my statement here is verifiable. When an information role says "I have information!" and someone's immediate reaction is to try and get more information out of them, that reaction to my mind is scummy. Spilling more info than necessary on day 1 is bad for the town.
Disagreeance. For all we know you're scum trying to stop the town from maximizing their information. If you want to keep the information a secret, quit soft claiming, it's detrimental to the town.
My information is worthless if you go ahead and revive Yos. There was a rush of votes in a row for reviving Yos. And you'll find out in due course what Yos is/was, so you'll get your chance then to either confirm me or decide that I'm lying scum. If I'm lying scum, I signed my own death warrant by doing this, no?
IH wrote:As for spilling info, you either spilled way to much or are scum discouraging the town.
Obvious false dichotomy. You don't even both to explain how it was "too much" or how it would make sense for me to be "scum discouraging the town", because both are ridiculous.
IH wrote: You then vote Albert for saying we should definitely should revive Yos. (Which is faulty IMO, since there are well thought out reasons) You also ask him why he's being so "Revive happy".
False. Misrepresentation. I voted Albert for continuing to insist on reviving Yos and completely ignoring my post, and then for fishing for more role information.

I might well come back to Albert, but you're too obviously using scum tactics to not be scum. False dischotomy and misrepresentation? Bye.

unvote, vote IH
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:32 am

Post by RafK »

the silent speaker wrote:Okay, I assumed RafK was claiming a cop investigation or some such, but that would hardly become useless on a revival. This makes no sense whatsoever. I can think of no information RafK could already have that could become useless later.
Well, useless is a bit strong. But we would have wasted our revival, and it's not like I could speak up afterwards and said "hey, that was a dumb thing you just did". This idea that IH and co. are pushing that I should have kept quiet and let the town screw up is ludicrous. Even worse are the people saying we should go ahead and revive Yos anyway- dudes. You can revive someone else tomorrow. I am telling you flat out. This is a terrible revive. Feel free to lynch me later in the game when the roles of the dead are revealed if it turns out I'm lying.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:48 am

Post by RafK »

Niempie wrote:As well as an information role can claim that they have information, also can scum claim that they have information, and let the town believe that they are pro-town because they have an information role.

I am not saying that you should share your information, but a player that claims to have an information role without sharing the information role, is not cleared in my book. It still can be scum.
This is horrible reasoning for voting to revive Yos, though.

Anyone voting to revive Yos is saying they believe I'm more likely to be scum than town. I'm not asking you to believe I'm cleared. I'm not saying "lynch this person". I'm saying "save the revive for tomorrow". I'm sticking my neck out and doing something accountable- if I'm wrong, I can get punished for it.

You're pretty much saying "we have to revive Yos because we're not 100% sure you're town", and that's just false. You don't even gain any information from reviving Yos at this point- there isn't even any other dead people, so there's not even a good argument for it at this point. We would only gain information starting from tomorrow (and that's only if we do start getting roles revealed as soon as we use the group revive, which is not certain).
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by RafK »

IH: If you revive Yos, there's no-one dead to learn the alignment of. As I said, it makes no sense from an information-gathering point of view anyway.

You are continuing to try and fish for information about exactly what I know and what my ability is.

You're also making great play of that word "useless". Let me shoot you down here. I didn't mean the information would be pointless, or that it would become untrue, but it will have been a waste of potential. The town wouldn't instantly lose or anything- it will just be making the game harder for itself.
IH wrote:The only way I could see it not being useful to revive Yos right now is if he wins if we revive him.
Or, you know, if he was scum. Or a secret game rule that a revival on day 1 becomes an evil SK mummy. Or even something as simple as him being able to revive himself (as far as I know it isn't that one, though). It's very easy to see ways in which it could be bad for the town to revive Yos other than "he wins the game if we revive him".

Way to strawman.

It's very hard to pick between you and Albert here. I'm happy with a wagon on either of you at the moment, you both come across as guys who just had their cunning plan derailed and are trying desperately to keep it going.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by RafK »

Zindaras wrote:RafK, I want to know one thing: How certain are you of the fact that we shouldn't revive Yos? Are you willing to risk your life on it?
Yeah. The only way it's wrong is if I'm being bastard-modded (I even checked with the mod to make sure I'm reading him correctly, and he confirmed to me I did, so it's not just a misundertstanding or anything). I have absolutely no reason to believe I'm being bastard-modded.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by RafK »

unvote

I can't help but say I think Albert's previous behaviour makes even less sense, given that if Albert's the cop, he has less reason to expect Yos to be a power role and less reason to want the revive used immediately. I'm not a cop myself, BTW, so no counterclaim from this side.

Still, I don't really see much avenue other than go with Albert at this point. And Nightson makes sense as a first-up investigation. Nightson, care to claim?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by RafK »

Because I hadn't seen your re-quote when I typed my last post, and I didn't see the point in answering it previously (still think it's a silly question). If the mafia kill me, so be it. With you out now (and more likely to attract a protect), I would be inclined to give up any other information I had in case of being killed, but... I don't have anything else to tell.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by RafK »

the silent speaker wrote:RafK: Is your information Yosarian-specific, or Night 1-specific, or before-revive-specific, or some other thing? In other words, suppose the Night 1 death were let's say The Fonz, and nothing else changed; would you still be saying what you have been?
We need a :fish: emoticon for moments like these.

Re: Nightson and Albert:

So Albert has a claimed cop ability, and Nightson has a proven flavour-investigating ability. Nightson's ability doesn't really make a lot of sense as scum, even as a mafia investigator... I mean, how would you get "cop" based on "dung"? OTOH, his name claim is a bit suspicious, and Nightson being town requires Albert to be either be lying or have sanity issues.

For working that one out, Albert, what's the flavour for your god to "investigate" and is there any reason it would have sanity issues?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by RafK »

the silent speaker wrote:RafK, for one thing it would clarify whether you are saying, "We must not revive Yos today; tomorrow is a shiny new day and we can make a shiny new decision then," or, "We must never revive Yos, ever ever ever, for he is scum," or, "We must not revive Yos, ever ever ever, but not because he is necessarily scum; for some other reason."
You're right, it is worth clarifying that we must not revive Yos ever ever ever. Other details aren't worth worrying about at this stage. If I die you know you can trust me on that, and if I live and the exact reason becomes important, I'll be able to tell you why.
the silent speaker wrote:Also, you've thrown out some cryptic hints at some kind of wonder role, hints that don't really fit together properly, and are expecting the town to simply take you on blind trust. You say you will be confirmed if we obey without question, but have not really outlined how, leaving open the possibility that you will simply say you were confirmed when nothing of the sort occurred. So I'm not inclined to take you on blind faith. Call it fishing if you will; I'm not asking about any more information than you've already voluntarily revealed.
You are fishing, you don't need to take anything I say on blind trust because it will be revealed eventually anyway. And if I claimed to be confirmed when nothing had actually happened, I wouldn't expect to get away with it.

Basically, what you're doing here (and what IH was also doing) is trying to work out if you need to nightkill me tonight or whether you don't need to. This is reasonably apparent and let me just add you to the scum list with your friend IH. For the record, I don't plan on letting you know if you need to kill me or not, I'll just kinda stand here and wait to see if you try :)

Happy with a bandwagon on either IH or tss at this moment, given that Albert is off-limits until there's better proof (or otherwise) of his role.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by RafK »

The Fonz wrote:
Phoebus wrote:Oh dear lord...
Can someone please help me understand why a god associated with rebirth would be a cop?
You could at least have claimed Necromancer or something...
wikipedia wrote:To explain where the sun goes at night, such pushing was extended to the underworld, Khepri's pushing of the sun being ceaseless.
My guess would be that the flavour has Khepri checking up on the forces of death whilst rolling the sun through the underworld, or something.
Can we please let Albert answer this for himself?

I just got done with DotA mafia on MTGS, where a scum- Primate, as it happens- falseclaimed cop and faked a guilty investigation on a townie. The next morning, obviously, I'm like "Better have a good explanation for that, I think you're lying scum" and some cleared townie comes up with an amazing explanation of why the alleged scum wouldn't have done that if he was scum, and clearly there was a mistake, and voting for him was incredibly scummy. The scum didn't even have to defend himself, a townie did it all for him. I was lynched that day instead, because leaping all over a proved liar is obviously scummy :roll:

My point is, make people explain themselves.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by RafK »

By "I just got done", btw, I mean that the game just finished, not that I just got killed in it. Not discussing an ongoing game :)
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:21 am

Post by RafK »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yeah, true. It just annoys me to think that Yosarian is the pharaoh who has amazing powers or something.
I still don't get how you're thinking that when you're the claimed cop. But on review I do like how you handled the Nightson situation, what with coding your role upfront and making sure his information was confirmable (whereas you could have spilled early, watch him say "yeah, Khepri is who I thought", and then pointed out that we only had his word for knowing in advance you were Khepri....)

The Fonz is pretty much summing up my position, anyway. You know not to resurrect Yosarian ever, and you don't need to know the exact reason why. If I had any other information of use to the town, I would spill it in case I get killed next, but I do not. The End.

And, as I said earlier, ressing Yosarian right now gives us no information on anyone (since there are no other dead people to reveal!), so it doesn't even make sense to argue we should do it from an information point of view.

As Albert has for the time being cleared himself, the only wagon I'm really happy to pursue now is IH, as the other person who showed way too much interest in ramming through an immediate Yosarian resurrect. I'm not sure where votes stand at the moment, so I'd like to see a votecount before making this official.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:40 am

Post by RafK »

Oh, actually, one more thing now that I go to check.

Albert, I'm having trouble verifying your code. As in, I am having trouble finding the 14th letter of the 3rd post which is a "K", the first letter in your code. I tried the 3rd post of the thread, your own third post, the post numbered 3 (since the thread starts with post 0), the 3rd post of this day... I ain't seeing one with the 14th letter "k". And so forth. Please in your very next post quote the post you're talking about (and, for bonus points, highlight the letter). Am I overlooking something?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:51 am

Post by RafK »

Ah, never mind, worked it out. It's Albert's posts with his first one counting as "post 0". There's one letter I can't work out what he's doing (the "06") one, but given all the rest check out that's OK.

I'll still check out the other two lines of the code to see if Albert was setting up alternate claims depending on what Nightson said (if they are code and not just rubbish, they certainly aren't the same code), but for now it checks out. Good. I'd hate to think that the code was actually a bad gambit and yet nearly went unchecked :)
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by RafK »

tss: I love it the way you try to make it that me not answering some question of yours is a matter of importance, as if it's somehow scummy. Not to mention the question was asked ages ago (not raised in your most recent couple of posts) and to my mind answered, so this is just a tactic to try and set me up as not answering questions (or else more fishing to try and pin down whether the scum need to kill me or not). I'm not telling you anything that would give away exactly what sort of ability/information I have/had. You do not need to know exactly what will be revealed about Yos. That is all.
FOS tss

tss has also fished before, as I have noted in a previous post.

vote IH
for the same reasons as before, plus some very dodgy reasoning and WIFOM use in post 374. For example:
IH wrote:Also, if I were scum I would have quit fishing, and just tried and kill you tonight without bringing possible attention and protection to you.
:eyeroll:
IH wrote:Nightson's claim is off of mine enough that I believe he's scum.
Why not vote him?

The entire post seems dedicated to throwing suspicion on a range of people and seeing what sticks.

Also some out-of-context stuff from IH. For example, IH said earlier that there was no reason not to revive Yos UNLESS he would win the game immediately if he came back. I raised a few counter examples- what if he's scum? What if he comes back as a SK? What if he can self-revive?

IH then for some reason, several pages later, chooses to take issue with my examples (conveniently ignoring the fact that they were raised in opposition to his silly claim that the only reason not to revive Yos would be if he wins immediately!)
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:23 pm

Post by RafK »

tss: Great OMGUS vote there :rolleyes:

For the millionth or so time: I already explained why I'm not telling you exactly why we shouldn't revive Yos. It is important to leave the mafia unsure as to the limits of the town's information. This includes telling you exactly what it is that will be confirmed when roles are revealed, since that would be the same thing as revealing the thing I know about Yos!
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #29) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:28 am

Post by RafK »

tss: It's nice of you to say I made an assertion that is not true, but neither I nor apparently anyone else knows what the hell you're on about, or what you mean by it's not about Yos.

Note: We are under a deadline here. My preference here is for an IH or tss lynch, IH preferred- I see this has been echoed. I think all subsequent posts in this thread need to be putting up a vote on someone (or calling for a claim if voting has reached critical mass). If you support a different target to me, then by all means make your case- but at this point in the day, there is no time to let voting slide (and I would appreciate
mod prods on all who haven't posted in a week
, whoever that may be).

Time for people to commit.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #30) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:28 am

Post by RafK »

EBWODP: Also,
unvote, vote IH
in case my vote is not there already.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #31) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by RafK »

The reason why Yos shouldn't be revived, duh. Which you kept fishing for.

Can people get to the voting now?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #32) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by RafK »

8 days to deadline is not unreasonable, I think, to try and get the town's asses in gear.

And wow, what a shock, IH the one who springs to life to oppose it and try to use it to paint me as scum.

I don't want a quicklynch at all. I want to get people moving now so that there's still time for discussion instead of having a rushed lynch in the last 24 hours before deadline.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #33) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by RafK »

Tracker is often scum anyway.

As far as the second ability, I'll just say this. You insist we need to revive Yos for information. And yet you now claim to have an ability that lets you get that information anyway. Total inconsistency.

confirm vote IH

For those who haven't seen the rules, a half-majority will be a lynch, otherwise it's a no lynch. With 19 alive, it's 10 to lynch normally, so 5 to lynch at deadline.

Vote Count please
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:12 am

Post by RafK »

He claimed cop. That IS a gift-wrapped pass to day two without something extraordinary. And I say this as the guy who was the most against ABR before he claimed.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:50 am

Post by RafK »

If Albert claimed flavour first, there'd be no way to verify Nightson's ability at all. Albert says "I'm the dung god", Nightson says "that's right!", and... that would prove Nightson's flavour-cop ability how?

That Albert insisted on doing it in a way that did let Nightson verify his flavour ability is one of the best points for Albert.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:36 pm

Post by RafK »

I should note that it's now 4 days to deadline.

There will be no lynch at deadline unless someone has at least half the votes needed for a lynch. At this stage, I don't believe anyone has more than 2 votes.

A no lynch in this situation would be worse than useless.

Anyone from this point on who doesn't put a vote down is really suspicious, frankly- lurking through the deadline period and letting a no lynch happen is too good a deal for the scum and too bad a deal for the town for the town to let it happen.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #37) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:26 pm

Post by RafK »

IH wrote:VOTE: Anyone from this point on who doesn't put a vote down is really suspicious, frankly- lurking through the deadline period and letting a no lynch happen is too good a deal for the scum and too bad a deal for the town for the town to let it happen.
Not putting a vote down, and not posting are two different things still......[/quote]

Kind of. Not posting at all isn't good and might require replacement, but might just be inactivity (although that will be taken badly if the person is active in other games). Posting and not voting shows the person is here but still not doing anything.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #38) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by RafK »

IH wrote:Yeah, but that's kind of broad to point suspicion at someone before the deadline has hit.... that's my whole point. Tomorrow that would be a great point against, someone, but right now it's not exactly helpful.....
It's not a broad suspicion. It's a call for the town to do something. Which I did last week, and promptly had you all over me claiming I was trying for a rush lynch.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:11 pm

Post by RafK »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I got DeliciousGoldfish as guilty. IH, if you had asked Yosarian to claim, maybe we would have had a better idea why we should trust RafK ?
IH can wait, although I'm still convinced he's scum and will get him tomorrow.

Albert is scum. I thought he was yesterday tbh- both because I'm effectively an investigation role and because his flavour didn't work out whereas mine works really well- but didn't want to tip my hand until I had a chance to check him out.

I am Anubis, and I can determine if people have lied (it's the heart-weighing thing). The way it works is I can ask the mod if a particular sentence in someone's post is true from that person's point of view (to the best of the mod's knowledge).

My night 1 check of Yosarian was pretty much by default. There was almost nothing I could ask about... except Yos said something like "We don't want to revive a scum", so I asked if that was true. That was a lie- Yosarian did want to revive a scum. My assumption is that he probably got SK'd.

My night 2 check was much much easier. I asked if Albert was lying when he said "I got a guilty investigation on Nightson". He was, indeed, lying.

Before we lynch Albert, however, I think it is appropriate to vote to revive someone killed last night (and to translate the egyptian message, obviously) so that we can see that I'm telling the truth.

vote to revive: Thoth

vote to lynch: Albert
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by RafK »

Good points about Thoth. I didn't have any particular reason to pick him over Phoebus. I'll have to think about whether it's best to use the revive now or to hold it back another day.

unvote Thoth for revive.

unvote Albert
strictly to let him demonstrate whatever he's going to demonstrate.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by RafK »

The hell I'm using a second investigation on you Albert.

TO THE VIG:

UNLESS DG COMES UP MAFIA, KILL ALBERT TONIGHT. Frankly, even if he somehow is town after all these lies and BS, we need him dead before he screws up anything else. But I can't believe he's town at all.

1. He tried to get Yosarian resurrected.

2. He lied to try and get Nightson lynched. He's probably telling the truth about being able to detect people targeting him... he probably thought Nightson was a cop or doc! It's obviously not logical to believe that Nightson was trying to kill him.

3. He lied about having an investigation on PBuG/DG (not the most obvious investigation target to begin with).

4. He just lied again so as to get an opportunity to kill DG (and is possibly lying now, for what it's worth- I've seen God knows how many people fake daykills to get a reaction).

This is all too good for the scum not to be scum... he's just saying anything to try and weasel out of being caught dead to rights.

vote Albert

Re: Yosarian
I clarified that result with the mod a couple of times to be sure of exactly what was meant. I am absolutely sure that the result should be understood as Yosarian (and any "we" he is a part of) wanting scum to be resurrected. It was pretty odd to me that a scum would be the first nightkill (unless it was game mechanics that a scum would die night 1), so I made sure I wasn't misunderstanding that at all.

I encourage more votes for Albert now, since if he's lying, we should obv. lynch him.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by RafK »

EBWDP: If he's lying about ending the day, I mean. It's a given he lied about everything else because he admitted it.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by RafK »

Um, because you're a lying scum?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by RafK »

vote Albert for execution

vote The Fonz for revival
. No-brainer choice IMO, towniest of all the dead. I would like to see a majority in place for this before we get within rushlynch range of lynching Albert.

I was roleblocked; method was something put me to sleep overnight, which is different to what IH claimed.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:43 pm

Post by RafK »

Albert turned out to have an ability that let him go to night, lynching whoever had the most votes. Of course, before he did that he told us all he could clear himself if we unvoted him, so we did, and he stuck a vote on PBuG then used his ability.

Albert was busted for lying that he was a cop, lying that he had a guilty investigation on Nightson, lying that he had a guilty investigation on PBug and lying that he could clear himself if we unvoted him (and then sent us straight to night). I'm kinda mad that he didn't get vigged tbh, although I guess our vig might be dead or inactive :/
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:32 am

Post by RafK »

I'm not a mason with anyone. I just trust The Fonz based on the fact that I've agreed with just about everything he's said and he's agreed with just about everything I've said. Plus he got nightkilled on the same night as IH and IH makes very little sense as a mafia kill due to the fact that he was a likely lynch target once Albert dies.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:18 pm

Post by RafK »

Eh, as long as people do it by the end of the day. Until we rid ourselves of the scum roleblocker it probably won't make a massive difference.

The fact that Albert is still with us is a bit annoying for this day- it's very hard to see why we'd lynch anyone else, and that makes it a bit hard to discuss other guilty people. That's just one more reason why Albert's personal quicklynch yesterday sucked so much- we didn't get to revive someone and reveal death alignments already, which we really need at this point.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #48) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:08 am

Post by RafK »

Very interesting.

Yosarian confirmed as mafia.

IH, however, was town. So that confirms his "tossed into a cell, bound and gagged" roleblock happened, even though the flavour of it was different to my roleblock. Interesting

It's also confirmed that Albert's quicklynch was of a townie, duh.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by RafK »

vote Albert
. I have seen that ability before on scum (limited use obviously), and everything you have done is too good for the scum not to be scum. Die.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by RafK »

Does the quicklynching of a townie without any reason or any claim or anything come under the "mistake" or the "sorry" or the "ill-advised"?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #51) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by RafK »

Zindy- gave my reasons mid-wagon. My judgment was that The Fonz had seemed very townie to me, and that he was more likely than IH to be the mafia's kill last night (I still believe that, actually, since IH was a potential lynch for this day if Albert had been vigged, and certainly a potential lynch for tomorrow).

I am vaguely worried, partly on meta grounds and partly because of Fonz suddenly defending Albert, that the town revival may have changed the alignment of the person revived.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #52) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by RafK »

Do we have a list of the death methods for each dead person? We can pretty safely assume that Yos wasn't kill by the mafia, so from that we can at least work out who's a mafia kill and who's a non-mafia (probably SK) kill.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #53) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by RafK »

I was online and did put in an action- either VD was even quicker off the mark than me or else his ability just cancels all attempted night actions. If he was quicker off the mark than me, the scum would have had to be incredibly quick to get in even if they were offline. This is a useless discussion.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by RafK »

Or to steal someone else's line, POST PROOF OR RETRACT

(actually, I know what inHim is saying, but the opportunity for line-stealing is too good to miss)
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by RafK »

We got to kind of vig Albert, basically.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (isolation #56) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:22 pm

Post by RafK »

I'm here. The Albert stuff has really messed up this game unfortunately. Two days blown, one on Albert's stupid quicklynch and one on Albert which didnd't even gather information since I can't blame any townie for being on the wagon. It was completely the right lynch. And then a skipped night, so still nothing new.

I think I need to re-read day 1 (having specific attention to Nanook, seeing as other people are suspicious of him) and work out what was going on with the hindsight of a bunch of peoples' alignment. It's several kinds of screwed-up, though, how many townies were being silly about Yosarian.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by RafK »

There was a night 1 before day 1. How do you think I got Yosarian's alignment? So there have been 4 nights.

However, one was the shortened one.

Kilroy has a terrible attitude problem. He thinks he's funny and witty and brilliant and just isn't. But hey, he knows how to swear. Unfortunately, we don't lynch people just for being annoying.

I am also not big on this role of his.

He really needs to claim an order for the sending of the names too.

Also did Kilroy mention what he says VanDamien's alignment was?

Also, I don't think the "defended huge pile of sand for some dumb reason" flavour goes with the "animated cartoon hero who teaches kids to read" flavour. Maybe that's just me.

Also, besides the huge coincidence of him also putting in an investigation on Yos on night 1, I'm not sure that his actions were consistent with being an information role or investigating Yos night 1. I mean, he voted for a Yos revival and said he didn't even read the pre-game discussion...
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (isolation #58) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by RafK »

I can't tell whether you're terrible or just trying to appear so.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (isolation #59) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by RafK »

Kilroy's annoying behaviour makes this difficult. I am now inclined to let him have a night to prove himself. Which means I need to find a better lynch vote very quickly.

MOS is "there" so I'll look at him. I also keep getting getting scummy vibes off Blight, so I'll look there too.

Incidentally, Blight- I've only (to my knowledge) been blocked once. Last night day started early, remember? But it's nice to know you or your scum buddies were going to block me last night anyway ;)
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:15 am

Post by RafK »

Really, looking at his posts, the only thing which catches my eye STRONGLY on Blight is:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 565#694565
Blight wrote:So, there wasn't anything on Albert. I'm still a little reluctant of putting the final vote on someone who's more than likely just a self-serving townie. But, there's really no one else to go for and a self-serving townie is almost as bad as scum (especially since he's proven to hurt the town AND we can't trust anything he says), so...
Vote: Albert.
Blight had previously been one of the few defenders of Albert, then even here he admits he thinks he's town, but votes him anyway. I to some extent feel that only scum (who knew Albert wasn't one of them) had good reason to defend Albert, and it's redoubled in this case by the fact that he said he thought Albert was town but then voted him anyway.

Blight replaced rolandofthewhite, who basically didn't post (one in the pre-game, and one random-vote early day 1), so there's nothing there to draw on.

My problem here is that there is no time to get a wagon going, a claim out of Blight (if people want it), etc.

mgm: Is there any chance of getting a 2 week deadline extension? I think the deadline is actually stifling discussion here, because there is no time to follow-up on anything so no-one's starting anything. And another deadline no-lynch will not help get activity going at all.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (isolation #61) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by RafK »

I think Sacred's analysis is overall pretty good, which inclins me towards him as town (although I'd have Fonz townier, obviously). Going to go with the gut feeling on this, voting someone who say is town = bad.
vote Blight
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (isolation #62) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:46 pm

Post by RafK »

unvote Blight
pending proof of ability which had better come soon.

Blight, exactly when did you replace roland?

What's the Niempie case? I note that Niempie has been away and is due back today (hope she checks the thread first thing!), which sucks as far as getting a read on current events. I have done a complete re-read of Niempie's posts (which doesn't take very long!) and didn't see anything enormous.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (isolation #63) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by RafK »

Zindaras wrote:Not impressive at all. Books, movies, they are all about
different
Imhoteps. Did the Imhotep in The Mummy design pyramids? Did he make sense as an Inventor?

And while I haven't done a lot of research into Imhotep, I'm 1-1 on good-bad on him right now. He's bad in the Mummy (where he doesn't even possess the same qualities as the Imhotep that's dead here), and he's good in the Papyrus books (where he could make sense as Inventor).
I'd never heard of the Papyrus books until Kilroy mentioned them. That's interesting that Imhotep (our one known mafia character so far) was in them as a good guy inventor-type. Where are you getting this from Zindy?
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (isolation #64) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:45 am

Post by RafK »

Ah, to know the answer to that question.

I honestly don't know what to do here. Given no counterclaim, I feel the best play is not to lynch Blight. I don't feel that Kilroy being last on Setael is a good idea, even though Setael's claim has all the hallmarks of a bluff... I'd rather a possible cop isn't the guy calling it (and that's why you won't see me jumping on there either). I don't think there's enough reason to lynch anyone else at this point.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (isolation #65) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:59 am

Post by RafK »

I was blocked again.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (isolation #66) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by RafK »

Good question to ask.

I'd even say that ex-cult members are more likely to be town, since most mods will not allow the culting of scum (I have seen at least one game hilariously implode due to the cult recruiting the mafia and learning the name of all the scum, while the scum also found out who the cult leader was, with the result of mutually-assured-destruction occurring in the thread.

I'll take a look at tss's play when I get a chance.
RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (isolation #67) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:21 am

Post by RafK »

I really hope there's a good game mechanic for giving us simple messages in bloody hieroglyphs, because it's a gigantic pain in the ass. Waiting for Nightson to get his computer back in order to translate them for me :)

I see that apparently I was going to take a look at tss' play, so the next time I remember this game exists I'll do that (I'd do it now, but it's late and I just blew my time posting in the KM2 post-game).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”