Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1369 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1354, MastinSSK wrote:
How about you start with explaining your scumread on Fox and the Hound?
Conveniently enough, Xenogears just ended last night. Cephrir was the only scumbag that I was able to reliably read as scum. ONLY scumbag. And he was also? The second-most-obvtown scum player, behind mollie. Maybe even moreso. He didn't get lynched; he got nightkilled by the serial killer, who I'm not certain was aiming for scum. (I'll have to ask Aegor that.) It's a lot of reading, but this isn't something you'll understand by reading my iso and then Cephrir's iso. This is something you need the context in order to be able to understand. But simply put...
He was aiming for scum. See dead QT. Because he was an idiot.
In post 1354, MastinSSK wrote:This is why I don't read Cephrir off of past games. I read him off the current game. And I don't read the literal content. His literal content looks town. It always does. It did in Xenogears, too. I read the words behind the words, the mindset of the content, and from that I generate my read. I can see him posting things that are meant to look good and sound like they could be genuine, but they also come off as being flat and intentionally-invoked.
This doesn't mean anything. What the hell is wrong with my mindset.
In post 1354, MastinSSK wrote:All-in-all, Cephrir is the type of player who you have to look at the reasoning, not the wording. And his reasoning here is basically the same thing that I used to catch him in Xenogears. He's doing things that he really shouldn't be doing if he was town. Among them, his push on me. Because in Xenogears, he knew I was town and that I wasn't giving reasoning, yet he brought it up in this game as if he had never encountered it before.
"I don't read Cephrir off past games but let me tell you about Xenogears". Lol.

But, actually, I would love to talk about Xenogears, because I've been treading on fucking eggshells trying not to. Why do you think I was trying not to jump down your throat this game, it's because at first I thought you felt the same way you did in that game (i.e. "damn I see absolutely no way this can possibly be town"). I've been trying to play it off like I have substantial meta with you apart from that game but I actually pretty much don't. Anything I've claimed to know about the way you play has basically been that. You may notice that I won the argument there and came reasonably close to getting you lynched. I also scumread you in that game because I literally knew I would be jumping down your throat if I was town. And hey guess what, here I am. I know there are style issues muddying things here and I don't even give a fuck. I'm done trying to convince myself to hold back because you literally could not be scummier. For someone so concerned with how good I am at imitating my town game you sure don't seem to be considering that I was doing exactly that in Xenogears. Yet another thing that bothers me is that you would approach me in exactly the same way you did that game, with random ass scumreads. Of course I'm going to blow up on you. I really fucking hate baseless reads. It's ridiculous that you think that means anything.
In post 1354, MastinSSK wrote:DV, I admittedly don't have recent experience reading. But I'm treating his half the same way I'm treating Cephrir. I'm not caught up in the past about DV. I'm focusing on reading him in the present...in which, he still looks like scum.
He absolutely bloody well does not.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8273 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

*wipes sweat off brow*
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8275 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 8268, CarbonFiber wrote:Well, THANK GOD THE GAME IS OVER.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8281 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 8277, Tammy wrote:So penguin did you give me a bomb so that you could never kill me and hope to instill why is Tammy still alive paranoia? Or was it even a bomb at all?

Also Arthur called it on fh.

Okay I need to pass out.
It was a bomb. At the time, we were hoping PV would shoot you, but we also didn't think we were going to need to kill you.

There was also an outside play where we were thinking about suiciding someone on it to confirm PA's slot, but then she slowly became obvious scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8539 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:30 am