DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #95 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:45 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Getting noob vibes from XReyoX.

I am going to
vote:Kison
and put XreyoX head to head with Kison. Let's see how it goes.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #153 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:52 am

Agreed, let's explore this avenue:

vote: OverTheUnder
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #290 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:04 am

I think remussadow is Town re: his comment about silver.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #364 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:37 am

8 people not voting? That's a lot.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #457 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:23 am

I've been prodded. I am still satisfied with my vote.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #555 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:09 pm

@Reyo

What conclusions do you draw from your compilation?

You might want to consider looking at the players that have stayed OFF the wagon, too. As in scum that does not want to commit/compromise themselves on what they know is a townie wagon.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #697 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:49 am

Flay is definitely on to something with Raffles, very very clever, but somehow, Rafffles' defense sounds sincere. I am inclined to believe him at the moment, but I will keep a close look at him for the remainder of the game, because Flay's argument is a good one, and cannot be easily dismissed in my mind.

I am getting an increasing amount of townie vibes from XReyoX, and I feel this should be obvious to most people, therefore, MoS's hounding of XReyoX I bothering me. MoS is also hounding Raffles, but Flay has a good case against Raffles, so this strikes me as rather opportunistic. Since XReyoX was under some danger yesterday, I have to conclude that MoS is being opportunistic in his pursuance of both XReyoX and Raffles, though Raffles might be scum (perhaps the other scumgroup?).

For his opportunism in going after these two particular players, I...

vote: Mastermind of Sin

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #700 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:18 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:WTF, DGB? [...] [blah] [blah] [blah] [...] I think you need to reevaluate your logic there, DGB.
Defensive much?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #715 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Mr. Flay, Reyo, what do you think of DGB's arguments against me?
Mmm, trying to build up momentum for a third opportunistic target?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #716 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:48 am

You only have one vote, MoS. I have to wonder why that gets your knickers in a twist. Nervous, are we?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #720 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:36 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Nope, but if you leave things to fester, even baseless arguments such as yours can become a bandwagon.
There was one post against you (mine) and one vote against you (mine). If my argument is baseless, what are the chances that it swells into a full-blown bandwagon? Pretty remote, don't you think? So I have to wonder about the over-reaction. You really took me aback. Like, whoa! Did I touch a raw nerve? A scummy raw nerve?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #721 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:39 am

Is there an error in the votecount? I don't think Raffles voted for MoS.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #735 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:04 am

I found Shanba's post quite perplexing, in that it is laden with self-contradictions, unexplained accusations. So many "scummy" players, so few reasons.
Shanba wrote:Reyo's town. I'm almost certain of that. Looks very town to me.
Only scum is that certain someone is town.
Shanba wrote:Battle Mage feels off to me.
Is he, really?
Shanba wrote:DGB is scummy and needs to contribute.
I am contributing. Don't just say I am scummy. You have to give reasons. Otherwise, you look like a scumbag trying to spread suspicion around to confuse the town.
Shanba wrote:MoS is not scummy, and DGB's case is rubbish, frankly.
That's a pretty "definitive" statement, isn't it? It's getter curiouser and curiouser. MoS is not even a little bit scummy for his alarmed reaction to my "rubbish" case?
Shanba wrote:Raffles is scummy, but I have a horrible gut feeling he's town.
Again. You can't just declare someone is scummy, without spelling out the reason. How did you come to this conclusion? Where does the "gut feeling" come from? Why is that gut feeling "horrible?"
Shanba wrote:Scarecrow is so scummy it's not funny. Seriously, look at his posts in isolation, he's not just lurking but casually agreeing with people while trying to avoid garnering any sort of attention.
At least, you provide a reason. Five points for you.
Shanba wrote:Akbar is pretty scummy.
Sheesh, another scummy player? Though I agree with your reasoning on this one, your multiple-pronged attack on so many players still is quite strange.
Shanba wrote:Fuldu has struck me as fairly pro-town, yet there is a connection between him and Reyo which is slightly worrying.
More scum? Ugh? You're worried about an association that involves a player you believe is pro-town?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #747 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:18 pm

Kison wrote:[DGB's] argument has thus far been unconvincing, and continued aggression towards MoS with lack of support only reinforcing to that sentiment.
Continued aggression? Haha. Read again. It's not aggression, you will see clearly, but an expression of surprise at MoS's over-reaction. I am merely wondering why he gets his knickers in a twist for so very little pressure. Hardly what I'd call "building a case." One person, one vote. I merely felt that his actions were opportunistic, and worth a little poke. I didn't expect MoS to get all defensive.

He may or may not be scum, but he's on my watch list, for sure.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #748 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:27 pm

Kison wrote:Why would they feel need to sidetrack it? Possibly to save you?
I chose not to vote for Raffles, who had not that many votes, but to cast a vote on MoS, who had no votes, based on my observations of opportunism. I expected my action to be ignored, and I think, under most circumstances, it would have been. So there was no intention of "sidetracking" - especially since Raffles' behavior warrants being wagoned to the point that the scum (or at least one scum group) is getting a free ride, so to speak.

MoS's odd over-reaction, however, created an illusion that I am a stubborn pitbull building a case against him, when nothing could be further from the truth. I have made my observation about him, cast my vote, and in later posts, expressed surprise at MoS's reaction. That's all there is to it.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #750 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Well, you agree he was going after Raffles, which is understandable, but I didn't feel he was "working with" XreyoX so much as trying to trip him up. That's my interpretation. Yours might be different. I might be wrong, you might be right. But that's my impression at the moment.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #756 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:03 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:LoL, how could I be trying to trip him up? We were discussing theoretical cult strategy, he posted a theory, i gave him my opinion on it, etc. What exactly made you think I was trying to trip him up?
Look, when I saw that exchange, it look like you were hoping he'd make a mistake you could take advantage of, especially since you weren't discussing as equals, but as an experienced player "lecturing" a less experienced player. I might have misinterpreted your intentions, but that's the impression you left me with.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #761 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:05 am

Shanba, even though your reply to me reaches the wrong conclusion, I am satisfied with your reply. I don't see the self-contradictions and unexplained accusations I saw in your initial post. You're wrong, but at least you're logical and consistent in how you got there.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #762 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:06 am

Yeah, XreyoX, I think there's something seriously wrong with the formatting. Even the fonts chage when you preview your post, and try to look at the previous posts below it.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #763 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:11 am

Regarding my lurking on Day 1, I had real life projects to complete, and I neglected this game. My level of participation is generally higher (and leads to my getting lynched quickly, haha) and I expect to participate more as I am now, in the future.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #779 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Akbar wrote:@MoS
Do you mean as in 2 mafiascum.net accounts, but only 1 player?
Wow... that question required a "yes" or "no" answer... not answering with another question!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #816 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:20 am

Wow, MoS, that was uncalled for. I don't think BM is detrimental to the town. I have not found his comments to be "idiotic" and I wouldn't want to see him lynched unless I thought he was scum.

In fact, I concur with BM's comment in post 814 above.

Please end this silly argument. It's silly, silly, you hear? Silly.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #820 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:51 am

I'm not finding BM annoying. The guy is fine.

But more to the point, despite the fact that Flay's argument is convincing, Raffles' response to me leads to be believe that in this particular instance, a particularly clever argument may lead to the wrong decision being taken. Raffles wasn't overly defensive, and he struck me as earnest. I dunno. Maybe he's a good actor.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #823 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:37 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Because scum
have
to be overly defensive, right?
They often are, they often are. But as I wrote. Raffles also struck me as earnest. Again - I might be wrong. But that's how I see it.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #825 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:20 am

WIFOM, absolutely. I'd like to give Raffles the benefit of the doubt, for now. Temporary WIFOM.

You, on the other hand, in addition to over-reacting to rather gratuitious accusations from me, and my single vote, seem hell-bent on attacking, contradicting, and challenging anyone that dares to post. What is your purpose?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #829 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:19 am

Kison wrote:DGB : Again, the things you accuse MoS of are consistent with his play-style. As much as I dislike it, I don't see anything out of the ordinary with his play.
Ah dunno! Seems to me that he's quite a bit more rabid than usual. Is it my imagination?

@PBug - I expect more from you. Your "reasoning" reeks of opportunism. Please explain your decision to vote in greater details. Thanky you.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #841 (isolation #26) » Tue May 01, 2007 6:32 am

Flay, I can produce a Certificate of Insanity if you want proof. It's richly gilded and framed.

My "defense" of BM is more of a personal defense, than a game defense. I thought some of the comments were in the realm of
ad hominem
and rather silly. Silly, y'hear??? Silly!!!

I do have to agree about your comments on Akbar/Shanba. I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps it's the cross-references? Repeated cross-references, not a single instance. MoS even thought they were the same person. It's very weird. I am not sure if it means they are a scum pair; but they're something going on. They keep refering to each other, in the absence of provocation.

I am singularly displeased with PBug. Very opportunistic, pathetic excuses, and willing to get rid of players he doesn't like rather than make an effort looking for scum. His brief appearance strikes me as some of the most scummy behavior I've seen so far. PBug might need some motivation, though. Here it comes, in the shape of a vote:

unvote, vote: PBug

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #842 (isolation #27) » Tue May 01, 2007 6:33 am

Shanba wrote:DGB seems to be defending everyone under scurtiny (except me) but I'm not sure what to make of that.?
You spoke too soon, sweetie.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #852 (isolation #28) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:42 am

OK, if I were your mother you'd be grounded all the time, I can understand your predicament. ;-)

But I don't think BM is that harmful to the town. He might be annoying and distracting to you, but he doesn't bother me, and I am not at all distracted from following other issues and players. If he's not scum, he's not supporting the scum, either. At worse, he's a very minor nuisance. In a way, the people that keep complaining about him are far more detrimental to the game, they are a greater nuisance than the nuisance itself. One could go as far as saying that the people complaining about BM are scum trying to distract the town. I mean, really. Unless BM, or anyone else, does something that I perceive as SCUMMY, I am not interested in voting them. Or if I want to pressure someone who is trying to fly below the radar, or wagon-hops... something actually scummy.

And PBuG, I am sorry, but I found that your re-entry into the game satisfies my criteria for finding someone scummy. Vote for whoever you want, but I do expect better reason, and deeper insight, from a player like you. Since you've been away from the computer, I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #876 (isolation #29) » Sun May 06, 2007 12:16 pm

^^^^^^

The vote count that killed the game.

RIP Mafia v. Wolves Redux Day 2

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #881 (isolation #30) » Mon May 07, 2007 2:27 am

A deadline lynch featuring a single contender means we'll almost certainly be unable to derive any conclusions from today, if Raffles turns up town.

I think a good strategy would be for people to vote for other players, such as BM or PBug, to give us a chance at a 3-way race, so that we can discuss today's vote shifts tomorrow.

All 3 of BM, PBug and Raffles may be town, we'll still learn nothing, but we have a greater chance at an informative Day 1 with a 2 or 3-way race.

Is this a workable plan?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #883 (isolation #31) » Mon May 07, 2007 2:44 am

We have 11 days. That's plenty of time.

And BM, or any other townie that might walk to the guillotine, please try to make your own death informative.

Post a lot of good analysis, challenge players, be explicit about who you suspect and why, etc.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #885 (isolation #32) » Mon May 07, 2007 5:50 am

Raffles, please write up a list of who you suspect, and why, at this moment. That would be splendid.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #888 (isolation #33) » Mon May 07, 2007 8:12 am

Kison wrote:I don't see much of a reason to go for the other two of your candidates.
You're right. Not much of a reason, I agree. Is that some slick attempt of yours to try to derail my attempts to find scum? If the other two candidates are weak, perhaps you would be an interesting alternative. Thanks for showing up and signalling your interest for the job.

See Raffles? We already have an interesting reaction from Kison. Let's shake before we bake.

unvote, vote: Kison

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #892 (isolation #34) » Mon May 07, 2007 10:03 am

Battle Mage wrote:to be fair, Kison scum would never miss out on an opportunity to lynch me.
Perhaps. But then again, if he's scum, he has Raffles as a "justified" target for today. See, Flay has a clever case against Raffles, which is a convenient reason for the scum to hop on the wagon. Who can blame them, right? But if there is a scum amongst the contenders in the race to the deadline, they will try to re-focus on Raffles, etc.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #898 (isolation #35) » Mon May 07, 2007 1:35 pm

Mastermind of Sin wrote:DGB's strategy stinks.
Please suggest a better alternative. I am very eager to follow your strategy. I notice that you forgot to say what your better strategy is in your post. It's probably an involuntary omission. I can't imagine why you'd say my strategy stinks without having a better plan ready for the town's examination and execution.

Please rectify the situation and guide us all to a better way to find scum.

You have our undivided attention. We're listening.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #900 (isolation #36) » Mon May 07, 2007 3:01 pm

I was already following your directives when I switched my vote to Kison. I hope you are pleased.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #910 (isolation #37) » Tue May 08, 2007 1:05 am

Kison wrote:Except that your switching to me was based on my pointing out the same thing MoS just did, which you happen to claim you're also in agreement with. As a result, your motive contradicts its action.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Your vote on Kison isn't because of any suspicion that he's scum.
Incorrect. MoS's poorly thought out support of Kison's fallacy is noted.

================

My vote on Kison is based on this post:
Kison wrote:Is this some kind of slick attempt of yours, DGB, to break the Raffles wagon? I don't see much of a reason to go for the other two of your candidates. In fact, you are second on my list, just based on earlier developments, but even you are a weak case.
I have already explained that I am not hugely keen on the Raffles wagon. In light of his continued good behavior today, I do believe that he might be a townie worth keeping. Since I hold this opinion, it is not surprising that I find value in competing wagons. Whether Raffles turns up scum or town later, it will make this day a more informative one.

Kison's post raised the possibility that he might be a scum frustrated with my efforts. He would only be frustrated if one of PBuG and BM were scum. I know this is ironic, but Kison's post could be interpreted as a slick attempt to break a PBuG or BM wagon before it really got started, and re-ignite the Raffles wagon at the same time. Add to that a declaration that I am now "second" on his "list,"the paucity of logic, and prominent lack of insight leads me to believe that he might not be a townie.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #914 (isolation #38) » Tue May 08, 2007 5:36 am

Kison,

Please tell us what you think of Shanba's most recent contributions.

Thank you.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #918 (isolation #39) » Tue May 08, 2007 6:16 am

I was unclear.

When I wrote "tell us what you think of Shanba's most recent contributions" - I wished for a little bit more insight that "it sucked" or "no contribution." In particular, please pay special attention to what their behaviors and posts might imply regarding their
alignment.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #920 (isolation #40) » Tue May 08, 2007 6:29 am

Shanba, please evaluate your own contribution. I think the exercize will be educational for yourself, and the rest of us.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #922 (isolation #41) » Tue May 08, 2007 7:15 am

Your self-analysis would me most useful, since you have denied the rest of us the means of analyzing you.

Why are you contributing so little? Clearly, you are around, and you are paying attention. Pray tell what goes on between your ears, and what prevents it from being transmitted to your keyboard. I bet your brain is shockful of clever insights. Share them with us!

;-)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #926 (isolation #42) » Tue May 08, 2007 9:19 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:You seem to be far more concerned with creating
any
competing bandwagon than actually lynching scum today, DGB. That's the difference. You are concerned about Raffles in particular being the leading bandwagon, which insinuates that there is a connection between you two. Instead of going about looking for scum and posting analysis and trying to find a better lynch for today, you concerned yourself with telling us that we need to just start beefing up the other bandwagons, without much reason for choosing them in particular except for the fact that they're the next 2 vote-getters. You seem far more intent on saving Raffles from lynch than actually finding scum today.
You're adorable.

The only connection is that I believe there is a greater chance Raffles may be town, than scum. Incidentally, I think a Raffles lynch would be most informative, especially if he is town, because I am challenging it, and people are reacting differently to the challenge to Raffles' wagon.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #933 (isolation #43) » Wed May 09, 2007 1:44 am

mneme wrote:Oh, as I mentioned in my first post,
I've read the whole thread -- did so when Phoebus said he might need me to replace.
It's just that with certain subthreads taking up lots and lots of space, it's hard to get a hard read on anyone aside from raffles (obvious scum), BM (mixed -- but not having played with him, some of this may be playstyle), DGB (seems tres scummy), and a bare few more.
Judging from mneme's "conclusions," I believe that the sentence I bolded is a complete crock. He didn't read the game at all. He just picked a few people that made the headlines late in the game, and the most obvious ones at that, namely, Raffles, BM, and myself. He did not mention MoS or PBuG. No mention of anything that heppened yesterday. His "mixed feelings" about BM aren't to BM's credit, if mneme turns up scum.

mneme doesn't need to look for scum, he knows who they are. Until now I was mainly testing some of the players with my votes, and I'd like to give this one the mother of all tests:

vote: mneme

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #936 (isolation #44) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:01 am

mneme wrote:And, er, shamba? If you're going to ding me because scarecrow was a lousy player (as seen by, you know, him needing to be replaced), well...pot. Kettle. Black.

Watch the bandwagon on me, people -- it's a really good clue as to who Raffles' buddies are.
Exactly the kind of "defense" I expect from scum. It's a classic.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #941 (isolation #45) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:19 am

mneme wrote:And DGB? It took me four days to read through this bloody thread. Four. Don't you people have something else to do? Calling me a liar after all this work doesn't merit an FOS (or changing my vote) -- it just pisses me off.
Four days of reading and that's all you can come up with? If I could vote you twice, I would.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #945 (isolation #46) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:30 am

Battle Mage wrote:i dont like this post atall. Not because it mentions me, but moreso because of the lack of recognition of its significance for DGB herself. IF Mneme comes up town, that reflects VERY badly on you, who, despite being called very scummy, has yet to recieve a vote.
Im not saying Mneme is town (i think i should reread him on that) but i think your post has the air of scumbuddy who wants to plan the next days lynch.
BM
When a scum points to 3 people they find scummy, I like to look for the "exception" in the lot. I am "très scummy" and raffles is "obvious scum" but he has mere "mixed feelings" for you, BM. This being said, I don't find this to be compelling evidence that you may be scum, at all. Just a tiny tickmark next to your name.

If Mneme's post contained some INSIGHT I would not look for these little details. It looks like he read nothing, and just tossed these little accusations that he thought would not stand out. I bet he's pretty shocked that I jumped on him so quickly, since his post was carefully designed not to offend.

How much work did Mneme really put in to conclude that Raffles, BM and myself are scum? None whatsoever. And if he didn't put any effort into it, and hasn't read the thread with looking for scum in mind, I have to wonder why BM gets a "mixed feelings" break. Since Mneme is out to deceive us, what is his purpose? Distancing - but not downright bussing? But he could also be wanting to cast suspicions on all 3 of us, and simply used different wording to give a fake appearance of variety.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #947 (isolation #47) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:33 am

mneme wrote:Oh, actually a few things -- (remembered, since my read through was over a week before I actually joined the game--yeah, I should have taken notes): The red is almost certainly a scum sign. I'm curious about what ESE could mean.

It feels fairly similar to the "Empire of Rome" thing in Phoebus's Asterix game (though there, brackets gave the romans away). Whether it's a cult or a killing group? Don't know, don't care.
Wow. I love this.

Could you be more obvious?

Is this to try to convince us you actually read the game? Now, you read a whole more than a week ago, didn't take notes, and you're bringing back that long dead ESE argument, that was pretty left to settle on its own?

I really love this.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #948 (isolation #48) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:35 am

mneme wrote:Ok, Raffles. Do you have a role claim or something else of relevance?
I thought you read the game, haha. Not noticing roleclaims or lack thereof, are we?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #950 (isolation #49) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:43 am

Sshhhh Raffles. Do not interfere with my psychological torture of Mneme. I wanted him to go and look at the game... after he actually reads it, and realizes how scummy he's been behaving, he will be bound by honor to vote for himself.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #984 (isolation #50) » Wed May 09, 2007 9:11 am

mneme wrote:DGB has tried and been caught at sureptitiously linking. Therefore, DGB probably scum.
Tried and been caught??? Hahhahhhahhhaha!

Surreptiously?

Why, was my defense of other players hidden in the subtle nuances of my writing? Or was it as obvious Santa's beard?

Good grief mneme, it's about time you READ the game, and put more effort in pretending to be town. Your scumslip is showing.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #985 (isolation #51) » Wed May 09, 2007 9:14 am

Raffles wrote:This game has some of the most prominent names on this site, who I believe to be better hunters, if they were town.
I am beginning to get a sinking feeling about Flay, in particular, on account of his sudden lurking as things heat up.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #997 (isolation #52) » Wed May 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Raffles wrote:I'm dismayed by a lack of response for my case against Pbug. Is there anyone out there?
Where is it?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1025 (isolation #53) » Sat May 12, 2007 12:55 am

Akbar wrote:
DGB wrote:A deadline lynch featuring a single contender means we'll almost certainly be unable to derive any conclusions from today, if Raffles turns up town.
Why would you say it that way? Why no mention of conclusions we may gather if Raffles is scum? Do you know Raffles is town? Also, why wouldn't we be able to draw any conclusions if he's town? Are we going to ignore the fact that 4 out of the 6 people voting Raffles were on OTU's wagon as well? Of course you could just ignore these questions like the way you ignored xReyox asking you why you voted OTU.
IF THERE IS ONLY ONE CONTENDER. If there are more contenders, as did happen after I wrote the above, we can gather conclusions whether Raffles turns up scum or town. I did not eleborate on which conclusions we can draw from today, because there are too many variables, and we'll only really know after the reveal, and the nightkill. I don't know Raffles alignment. I did not realize that 4/6 people on Raffles' wagon were on the OTU wagon. Statistically, OTU was lynched on Day 1, that means a lot of voters, especially active players, will be on both. I don't recall offhand why I voted OTU, but I wasn't paying that much attention to this game until today, and to be perfectly honest I think I largely wanted the game to move along.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1026 (isolation #54) » Sat May 12, 2007 12:56 am

I'd like to hear more from Flay, who did start the Raffles wagon. His input would be much appreciated. It feels as if he pushed Raffles into a pool of hot lava, then stood back.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1037 (isolation #55) » Sun May 13, 2007 1:07 am

Shanba wrote:
Raffles wrote:Scums have an pretty much assured win with deadline.
Explain this.
C'mon Shanba. Deadlines means fewer people on the wagon. Deadlines mean that the scum don't have to push, as long as a few townies do their work, a lynch will occur. If every lynch was deadlined, we wouldn't learn much.

Your attempt to put more un-necessary pressure on Raffles is noted.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1046 (isolation #56) » Mon May 14, 2007 12:52 am

Battle Mage wrote: I dont really think Raffles is scum, and as such, i can see that scum could well be pushing his wagon.
Which begs the question, where has Flay conveniently disappeared?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1048 (isolation #57) » Mon May 14, 2007 5:33 am

SV, after you read, please share your impressions of Flay with the rest of us.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1070 (isolation #58) » Tue May 15, 2007 2:42 am

Yeah, yeah, I know. I can see the writing on the wall, I am going to be the Raffles lynch alternative for today.

For those not familiar with my playstyle (i.e. I can understand why mneme would vote for me, but MoS has no excuse) when I see a stalling game, and I have the time and energy, I like to shake things up, apply pressure, and spread out my attention quite broadly.

The townies are puzzled by it, and it makes the scum VERY nervous. They can't just coast townie wagons when I am around, questioning everything and everyone almost randomly. I rarely make it past Day 1, which is the REAL reason I was quiet yesterday, haha. I am as likely to be lynched as I am to be nightkilled.

No, I don't have a power role. I have a role, but it's really minor, and it's highly unlikely to make a difference in the game. It's a passive, rather than active, ability. The only reason you might have to keep me around, is that the game will not get boring, and the scum won't have it easy.

I have no information whatsoever about Raffles, as I said earlier. But my gut feelings are usually pretty good.

I asked SV about Flay, and mememe wonders why. Here is your answer. SV is lurking. She's lying low in this game, and continuing to lie low even after stating that she'll be more active. So, I find that a bit scummy, and I don't want her getting away with it. And Flay has set up the Raffles wagon, and disappeared as Raffles was going down in flames. It's as if he carefully set up the bomb, and now he's standing back in order not to blow up with it. Putting these two together, I asked SV what she thought about Flay. I thought her answer would be informative. I still want to know what SV is thinking about Flay. Neither SV or Flay should behave this way unchallenged.

I am unvoting mememe and suspending judgment for now, keeping a close watch on this player.

But the scum isn't getting a break from relentless Goofball pressure, here I come:

vote: Flay

Take that Flay! Prend guarde, à l'assaut!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1071 (isolation #59) » Tue May 15, 2007 2:48 am

mneme wrote:This was why my question avoided asking for either a "do you have X power role" or "do you have a power role at all", instead asking "was X decision made for reason of night actions or just public stuff?". By asking in this fashion, I'm attempting to avoid getitng answers to the questions I don't want answers to, ie. "what is your exact role" and "are you a townie?" while potentially getting a useful answer, and certainly more info re alignment.
You ought to be in politics. There is no bloody way to phrase your question without extracting a statement from me about my role and my alignment, going 100% against what you claim you wish to avoid.

You are a slick one. How can I avoid answering your question without moving closer to being cult bait, or affirming my townieness? I'd have to answer something like "I might be scum or town and I may or may not have a role that lead me to believe Raffles may or may not be scum, but I am not sure. I did not even read my PM."

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1072 (isolation #60) » Tue May 15, 2007 4:29 am

Re: SV

For instance.

SV was on site today and posted in another game, an hour ago: "Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:24 am Post subject: 1694"

Methinks she's purposely ignoring this game, though much is happening. Tactical lurking perhaps?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1073 (isolation #61) » Tue May 15, 2007 4:32 am

And Flay...

Flay has been posting abundantly throughout the site, including today.

Last post in this game: May 3.

Tactical lurking too?

Maybe he's just waiting for tonight, so that he can nightkill me, haha.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1076 (isolation #62) » Tue May 15, 2007 5:46 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I don't believe that DGB's response was appropriate for any protown player.
ORLY???

C'mon, MoS, you are showing your hand a little too much, maybe. You know me. You know I am never "appropriate."

SV sure didn't need to be prodded, she recently showed up and then resumed ignoring this game. Even you wouldn't bring up a "prod" of SV. Your so-called "point" is confined to the attention I am suddenly paying to Flay.

Am I getting this right?

I tried to RIGHTLY draw attention to SV's and Flay's lurking. Your reaction is to divert this attention back to me, because I voted Flay instead of merely requesting a prod. Well sorry MoS, but it looks like tactical lurking to me, and no amount of prodding will erase the appearance that tactical lurking was ocurring up to the moment the player receives his prod.

I wonder who you are protecting. Spectrumvoid, or Flay? I can't decide.

See, you're telling me that accusing some players of tactical lurking is not pro-town. Uh? Since when? So your comment is cock'n'bull. You have requested the mod to prod Flay. Are you worried your scumbuddy might gather some flak for lurking? Do you want him to defend himself NOW before it's too late, a tactic you claimed to employ for yourself in this very game? Or are your seeking reinforcement against me?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1078 (isolation #63) » Tue May 15, 2007 6:01 am

I'd ask "which point" but I bet you can find 100 reasons to find me scummy, even without looking too hard. Don't worry, you'll find out my alignment tomorrow morning, after I am nighkilled, haha. Do you think the scum will suffer me to live one more day after pulling all the stunts I have pulled today?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1081 (isolation #64) » Tue May 15, 2007 7:07 am

Cute "yes/no" answers. I'd prefer if you elaborated on your responses. Especially when answering "no" to a post with more than one question, you vaseline-covered slippery scumbuddy of Flay's.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1083 (isolation #65) » Wed May 16, 2007 1:15 am

SV continues to ignore this game today, while active elsewhere.

But between tactical lurker Flay and tactical lurker SV, I would be more inclined to lynch Flay, since MoS jumped to his rescue before things got out of hand. A tactic MoS uses for himself to avoid being wagoned. Smells like scumbuddies.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1088 (isolation #66) » Wed May 16, 2007 6:18 am

I would like your opinion on Flay, MoS, Raffles and PBuG. Thanks ahead, spectrumvoidie.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1091 (isolation #67) » Thu May 17, 2007 12:56 am

Raffles, would you mind checking out Flay and MoS? Your opinion please.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1095 (isolation #68) » Thu May 17, 2007 9:34 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Do you want him to defend himself NOW before it's too late, a tactic you claimed to employ for yourself in this very game?
no. Where did I claim such a thing?
Soon after I replaced, and started to suspect you. You waaaaay over-reacted, remember?

You explained your surprising explosion by saying something to the effect that you wanted to nip it inthe bud before it snowballed.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1097 (isolation #69) » Thu May 17, 2007 11:34 am

PBuG wrote:
Unvote, Vote: DGB

I think MoS is town right now, and DGB is attacking him relentlessly.
You are well aware of my playstyle. No one is safe.

You are reacting to yet another over-reaction of MoS's. All I have to say is about MoS is that *maybe* he is a *little scummy*, and *maybe* in cahoots with MrFlay, and MoS flies right off the handle.

I don't think MoS is so "townie" that I would be voting against someone who would say that he's done a suspicious thing or two, if I were you. Because MoS is not particularly "townie" especially as of late, your defense of him is noted, and a scum tickmark added next to your name.

At this time I am laboring to get a reaction from Flay, who set up a bomb, and flew to Lurkia to avoid getting egg on his face, I think. I want to shake Flay a little.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1105 (isolation #70) » Fri May 18, 2007 12:46 pm

PBuG wrote:Yes, I am, but this is more extreme than your normal behaviour from what I can see.
Yes, I am making up for being quiet yesterday. I have a reputation to cultivate and uphold, you know. Now do me a favor, and vote for Flay. We can't let that scumbag get away with leaving a bomb at Raffles' feet, and running away like a chicken. Why does he set up Raffles for the lynch, then make himself scarce? It's the making himself scarce that is scummy. Like he's giving the townies the idea, and he wants to let the townies do the scum's dirty work, without further input from him and his buddies.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1113 (isolation #71) » Sat May 19, 2007 1:48 am

Battle Mage wrote:hmm, i dont exactly approve of wagonning Flay while he isnt around to defend himself, but from PBuG's reaction, i could see Flay as potential scum.
Has he picked up his prod?
A-ha!

You see, a request to mod prod Flay was made on May 15, by his likely scumbuddy MoS. If you don't believe me, check here.

Since Phoebus is an attentive mod, I would guess that Flay received picked up his prod a while ago, since he is hugely active on the site, daily.

I am starting to think he'd rather wait and nightkill me than take me on during the day, haha.

Since he IS around to defend himself, and choosing to lay low, you should wholeheartedly approve of the wagon, and add your vote to it. If you don't, I am going to have to conclude that you might just be a buddy of his, defending him.

By that same logic, I doubt that Kison and PBuG are buddies with Flay.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1115 (isolation #72) » Sat May 19, 2007 1:57 am

PBuG's vote is the third. He's not bussing his buddy when his buddy has only two votes, with a single player pushing for the wagon, and who plays under the alias "DrippingGoofball."

You are so obviously refusing to bus, it's funny. :P

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1117 (isolation #73) » Sat May 19, 2007 2:44 am

Battle Mage wrote:He actually admits that he will regret joining that wagon later in the game-presumably because he will have 1 less buddy.
Geezusss!

Yeah, like an experienced player like PBuG would say he'll regret joining this wagon later, because he is in fact bus'ing his SCUMBUDDY MR FLAY!!! PBuG really hates bus'ing his buddies early on like that, so he's broadcasting his remorse and sadness to the town to make sure we're going to nab him next!

BattleMage, that's preposterous, AND hilarious.

And best of all... if you believe that PBuG is sad because he's bus'ing his buddy Flay, that means that both Flay and PBuG are scum, by your own logic. But then, instead of voting for either PBuG or Flay, you vote for me!

How 'bout that!!!

Tell me the truth. Are you an aspiring comedian?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1118 (isolation #74) » Sat May 19, 2007 2:52 am

OMG I am so torn between my desire to continue to push that Flay wagon, and the urge to switch my vote to BattleMage!

It's really not fair, I wish I had two votes, one for each scumbag.

BattleMage, not to take advantage of your nervous breakdown or anything, but you can tell us, is MoS the other buddy? You need to get it off your chest. You don't want to be carrying the burden of guilt the rest of your life. Just say it, you'll feel better. You might be able to negotiate a reduced sentence.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1122 (isolation #75) » Sat May 19, 2007 9:28 am

Wait a minute, you little fiend.

First off, your vote isn't on PBuG, it's on me. Link for the skeptics

"The case on PBug/Flay scumbuddies is strong" - you wrote. I beg to differ. PBuG may be scum, but he's not scum with Flay, c'mon. You go figure it out. I am too exasperated with you to explain it again.

You don't even know who you're voting for. You don't know whether you're afoot on on horseback.

You accuse PBuG and Flay of being scumbuddies, yet you vote for a third party, then you insist you are voting for PBUG???

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1124 (isolation #76) » Sat May 19, 2007 9:45 am

He forgot the apostrophe, haha.

Is he even saying that I am defending scum? I am hot on Flay's trail, and he says that Flay and PBuG are scumbuddies... so by his own hallucinatory logic, I am going after scum, not defending scum, no?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1128 (isolation #77) » Sat May 19, 2007 11:15 am

That's a nice theory Shanba but it's based on a number of assumptions, one of which I know to be wrong (my alignment) and the rest of which we can only guess at.

I am curious to find out why you still think meneme is scummy. Shanba, please elaborate on the reasons why you chose to maintain your vote on mememe. Please repeat why it's there in the first place. And please explain why you find mememe more voteworthy than any other current contender. Why?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1129 (isolation #78) » Sat May 19, 2007 11:24 am

XReyoX wrote:@DGB: Please provide evidence showing MoS was houding me and raffles. It is good to shake things up to increase the pace of the game, but votes and reasons without any support are not tolerated. If you are town, your attempts at catching scums are almost useless and are also creating opportunity for people to hop onto you.. I believe any scums with half their brain frozen would notice you are voting people around you without any good reasons. I do not appreciate the fact that you said you've forgotten your reasons for voting OTU yesterday. I'm concerned about your roleclaim as well. Please explain the reason for it. Up till now, you have voted Flay, kison, mneme, MoS and PbuG. Could you compare ALL of the candidates you've voted before and state the reason why flay is most likely scum to you.
I don't care about MoS hounding you and Raffles anymore, that's so yesterday. I have observed other behaviors that were more clearly scummy, such as the Flay "drop the bomb and run" and MoS's defense of Flay. If I create opportunities for people to jump onto me, so be it; most people by now are aware this is my playstyle, and besides, I never make it far into any game. If I manage to avoid being lynched, you can be sure the scum won't tolerate me for one more day. As for OTU, who cares, it was a Day 1 wagon, the day needed moving on, and I was too busy with other RL matters to really get involved with the game. You're concerned with my roleclaim? Urgh? Where did I roleclaim? I don't remember roleclaiming. If you want to know why I voted all these people, read the game. Mostly for smallish scumtells. I do remember this made MoS really really nervous; and he's defended Flay. As to why I think Flay is the most scummy, I've already answered that.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1130 (isolation #79) » Sat May 19, 2007 11:27 am

XReyoX wrote:@BM: If you do not approve of flay's wagon because he is not around to defend himself, then why were you on OTU's wagon when he was inactive?
Flay is around. He has been prodded, and has picked up his prod. He os around to defend himself.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1133 (isolation #80) » Sat May 19, 2007 11:47 am

Thanks Shanba, I see that you are including the contributions from mememe's previous incarnations, namely, Scarecrow and Albert B. Rampage, in your suspicions.

This is what you said about Scarecrow: " Seriously, look at his posts in isolation, he's not just lurking but casually agreeing with people while trying to avoid garnering any sort of attention."

On Albert Rampage, you wrote: "Something's just clicked: Albert B. Rampage is scarecrow. Suddenly his question as to why I suspect him makes sense"

About mememem: "mneme's entrance obviously didn't have a lot of impact on me. "

Then you summarized here: "http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 183#594183"

I noted in your summary that you wrote: "He has voted Raffles because Flay said so" - is he following the lead of his scumbuddy? Flay again.

It seems that the bulk of your case lies on mememe & Co.'s lack of independent thought. You might be on to something, but I personally think that Flay's setting up the lynch early and the day and vanishing from the game, but not the site, is a greater scumtell.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1159 (isolation #81) » Tue May 22, 2007 4:24 am

mneme wrote:Mind, some of DGB's other play (ie, shifting, querying, staying in the public light today) is town-indicative. (but not the quasi-claim, as you point out. I asked for a negative claim (or its opposite), but I didn't ask for the extra info nor want it -- but it's very interesting.).
Yeah... you want it hot, you want it cold, you want it non-cold, you want it non-hot... or its opposite, but quasi. Like, totally different, but exactly the same. You make no sense whatsoever.

As for your theory of Flay having a post restriction, I find that the mere suggestion makes you scummy. You are making excuses for him. Why would be have a sudden post restriction in the middle of the day? No one else has post restrictions. Does this game look like a post restriction type of game? It doesn't to me.
mneme wrote:Mind, some of DGB's other play (ie, shifting, querying, staying in the public light today) is town-indicative. (but not the quasi-claim, as you point out. I asked for a negative claim (or its opposite), but I didn't ask for the extra info nor want it -- but it's very interesting.).
What you are saying, basically, is that the only reason you can find to vote for me, is that I did not blindly hop on the Raffles wagon with everyone else. I am just one single person and I cannot derail a wagon. I have but one vote. Ten are needed to lynch. Lynch him without me if you want. So - I find other players scummier than Raffles. I make my own judgment, I make my own mind.

Your post is a very wordy one, full of nonsense, and wishy-washiness. For reasons unknown, while declaring your top 3 players, you concentrate your questioning on a fourth, namely, Shanba. I find your strategy in this game most puzzling. I don't know what you hope to accomplish, but I have a tiny inkling that it's not something to help the town.

Looks to me like you are trying to derail the Flay wagon with bizarre made up excuses like a yet-unheard of post restiction. If YOU are derailing a wagon, does that make YOU scum? Please apply a consistent criterion, thank you.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1164 (isolation #82) » Tue May 22, 2007 8:40 am

[sarcasm]To answer Scummememe's bizarrely worded request-non-request to claim non-claim but not quite quasi? He wanted an answer, but he didn't, but he did, so he did ask, but he wanted an non-answer, which I tried to provide, but failed to provide, while succeeding wildly.[/sarcasm]

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1169 (isolation #83) » Wed May 23, 2007 1:02 am

MoS, of all the players here, I would venture to say that you best know my playstyle. Therefore, your comment above is, too me, uber-scummy. I don't think the newbies players are going to see through it, unfortunately. You know what you're doing. You know that I am ALWAYS an easy lynch for the scum to orchestrate, and a desirable one, for two reasons; the first being that I am unpredictable and will shake every and any tree for rotten apples, and impossible to manipulate. Why don't you guys wait, and nightkill me? I am not going to be here tomorrow morning. I've attacked too many people, and some of these people ARE scum. And if none are... I will attack way more people tomorrow when the list is shorter. I will not be suffered to live.

Your question asking for me to speculate on Flay's disappearance is you making an excuse for Flay. That two players covering Flay. You (and you've been trying to save Flay's buttski a few times previously) and mememe. There is no excuse - he is absent on purpose.

Right now, my favorite scum candidates are Flay, MoS, and memne. You guys are making it too easy, like shooting fish in a barrel.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1170 (isolation #84) » Wed May 23, 2007 1:12 am

MoS's attempt to tie his wagon to Fuldu is noted.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1172 (isolation #85) » Wed May 23, 2007 4:29 am

How do you KNOW he won't come back today?

And if he WON'T come back today, if he CHOOSES not to come back today, why do we need to hear his sorry excuse tomorrow? Do you fellows need to discuss the strategy tonight???

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1175 (isolation #86) » Wed May 23, 2007 5:12 am

You're now suggesting that Flay might be a cop??? With you making excuses for him, he doesn't need to show up!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1179 (isolation #87) » Wed May 23, 2007 8:31 am

When I decided to give this game my 100%, I knew I'd be either the lynch, or the nightkill, the second I started pulling my usual antics! I guess I just love going down in a great ball of fire. The technical term this time will be "deadline lynch" which is a pity, because that means a reduced number of players on my wagon. The scum hardly needs to push. A handful of misguided townies will do the work for them.

Mod: please extend deadline

I want my wagon to be a glorious wagon, the mother of all wagons! Not just some piddly little deadline wagon.

Come on town! We need as much players as possible on the lynch. Otherwise I will have wasted my time. Please ask for a deadline, and start voting! Don't disappoint me!

I want a grand, spectacular send off.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1202 (isolation #88) » Fri May 25, 2007 12:32 am

I could see myself voting for Battle Mage at this point. He's not answering questions, but he himself is asking a lot of what I would describe as "leading questions." When you add all of it up, you begin to see the outline of a scumbag in the fog.

vote: Battle Mage

I believe that's a 4th vote.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1231 (isolation #89) » Thu May 31, 2007 11:44 am

That's a situation worth testing.

vote: IH

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1235 (isolation #90) » Thu May 31, 2007 12:43 pm

Mastermind of Sin wrote: 2) Even if you reveal an innocent investigation, it will help us. The wolves won't kill the innocent person, because they don't want to confirm IH's guilt (or vice versa, depending on your sanity). Other scum *might* target the innocent person, but that just means that we're trading one innocent for a guaranteed guilty. Since we don't know your sanity, we might even get lucky by having scum kill the guilty person, so we don't even have to waste a lynch.
I am probably being stupid, but after today, if we do lynch IH, what is to stop the scum from KN'ng the innocent? Once IH is lynched and confirned scum, there should be little concern for N9V's sanity. At which point there will be no reason for the scum to hold off killing the innocent.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1244 (isolation #91) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:55 am

The Greg wrote:That's under the assumption, though, that N9V is sane and IH is scum.
I'm willing to take my chances that he's sane and IH is scum. That is the most likely scenario.

I think that's better that revealing the "innocent" and not killing IH, in the hope that the mafia will NK the innocent. Because as you point out, the innocent might not be innocent, which will cause us to draw incorrect conclusions about the cop's sanity. To test his sanity, we have to lynch IH, not hope for the mafia to NK the innocent.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1245 (isolation #92) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:57 am

Oh yes, when I say the innocent might not be innocent, by this I mean he might be a guilty, but non-wolf guilty.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1260 (isolation #93) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:11 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
~N9V~ wrote:And even if i told who the innocent is, it doesn't mean that they arn't wolf.
All the better if they are a wolf. The point of revealing your innocent result is NOT to confirm someone innocent, but to guarantee that we lynch a scum.
I don't understand this at all. Please explain in greater detail.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1290 (isolation #94) » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:19 am

The Fonz wrote:I guess lynching DGB under LynchAllLiars for claiming that Battle Mage is not annoying can wait. ;)
I will never, never again say that BM is not annoying. I am deeply ashamed of having suggested otherwise.

Take that to the bank. If I am ever in a game with BM, and he survives the night, I am not a vig.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1335 (isolation #95) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:12 pm

Krappp! I'm dead! That sucks.

Go town!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2050 (isolation #96) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:10 am

Shanba wrote:Heh.

Apologies DGB.
I will never forgive you, you rat fink. What did I do to deserve that one???

:cry:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”