Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Post by Cloud »

Vote: IH
(to get the bells)

The board says he's mafia. I can't imagine a cop being able to both investigate and post something up on the board, right? Right?
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Cloud »

Rand Althor wrote:Can we get a vote update on this?
You could check two posts before yours..

Anyway, do the bells -have- to go to someone? Could we vote to have noone get the bells?
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Cloud »

Well then, I think it's fairer and safer to go with the no distribution.

Unvote: IH
Vote: No Distribution
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:05 pm

Post by Cloud »

Except giving someone bells is not the same thing as not lynching. In no lynching we miss an opportunity to lynch a mafia. With not giving anyone bells, we delay the possibility of possibly getting a possibly useful item. Not a huge loss.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Cloud »

Lowell wrote:I brought up the plan, obviously, because I was hoping people would see it as a good idea.
Or you were using the plan to bait out any gullible cops. Why bring up the plan to consider discussing, get it shot down by countless people, and then go ahead and execute the plan anyway? Why bother bringing it up for discussion in the first place?
StallingChamp wrote:The Doc pretty much has to protect Lowell now (assuming he believes the claim).
Uhh no. Just the possibility of a doc protecting Lowell will pretty much detract the mafia from attempting to hit him. A bit of reverse psychology comes into play with this. A doc can do more good protecting someone that the mafia are likely to hit, rather then protecting someone that the mafia know will be protected and won't attempt to hit. If that all makes sense.

However, your other point about a counter-claim makes sense, although there may very well be more the one cop, and we don't want our two cops counter-claiming each other.

For the meantime,
Unvote: No Distribution Vote: Lowell
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Cloud »

You two do realise you're voting for Lowell's lynch?
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Cloud »

Lowell wrote:I agree with CDB thusfar. Those on the IH bell wagon need to explain themselves. As I recall, it started basically out of nowhere before IH had done, well, anything.
IH was mentioned on the board by someone that he was mafia, so naturally I assumed he couldn't be mafia, as no one else would know he could be mafia except for fellow mafia mates. Of course, a cop could've gotten a guilty, but I doubt they'd be able to post on the board as well. There was nothing else to go on.

I don't see how it matters very much, it was pretty much a random bell wagon.

I'd still like a reply to my previous post:
Cloud wrote:Why bring up the plan to consider discussing, get it shot down by countless people, and then go ahead and execute the plan anyway? Why bother bringing it up for discussion in the first place?
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by Cloud »

Lowell wrote:Also, I'd still kindly request someone who believes me to give me one more bell. Should our doc turn out to fall for the ac/IH plan of "I don't trust the claim!" I could be dead tomorrow and you'll all be sorry. I'd like to find out if the net can offer any protection.
I highly doubt a net is going to provide any protection. I don't see it being used much in self-defense these days.

--

Lowell not giving us his innocent now isn't going to do any harm. If he were to give out his innocent, the mafia would have someone to target. When it comes down to outing mafia, a list of living innocents is going to be more useful then a bunch of dead innocents.

All the more reason if Lowell is lying, as we won't be fooled by his false innocent. Unless, of course, we decide to lynch Lowell's innocent in order to prove the validity of Lowell's claim. However, we should be more concerned with lynching mafia then deliberating the authenticity of Lowell's cop claim.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by Cloud »

Kison wrote:
IH wrote:1.yeah, but bells shouldn't even be given to a cop? How's he going to use the items AND his night action?
Show me where the rules specify that he cannot use his investigating powers while using an item.

Also, he is the only reliable candidate for the bells. He has investigated an innocent, and can will his bells to said person.
And yet, he was asking for more bells to
buy a net
, as opposed to willing it to his innocent.

--

IH has a point, this could very well be a ploy by the mafia to bait to cop into counter claiming.

As I pointed out before, Lowell suggested the cop to come out, using the excuse that he wanted to get suggestions. Many people thought this to be rather scummy, and thus refuted this plan. Lowell then goes ahead and claims cop anyway, despite the protestations of countless townies. What was the point of suggesting this plan, if he was going to go through with it anyway? What other possible reason could he have, besides attempting to bait a cop out?
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by Cloud »

ac1983fan wrote:...

WHY IS IT SO WRONG FOR LOWELL TO TELL US WHO HE INSPECTED?
He's already claimed cop... the person who he inspected doesn't have to roleclaim, so his role would still be a mystery....
Why do we have to know? It's not going to lead us to a lynch. It's not going to lead us to anything really.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:07 am

Post by Cloud »

Yeah alright, it's not going to lead us to anything beneficial.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Cloud »

And it doesn't work if Lowell is mafia and knows who's innocent anyway.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by Cloud »

I echo IH's disbelief at Lowell's cop claim. I've already said my thoughts on this, the whole ploy with suggesting a plan and then going against the town's opinion. I am not going to believe his claim right now.

However IH, there's no reason why we have to prove/disprove his cop claim right now. He's not advising a lynch, nor misleading the town at the moment. We know he claimed cop. We can believe it or not believe it. Whether he is genuine or not doesn't matter. We can push for reassurance if he does something harmful to the town, but right now he's harmless.

Revealing his investigations won't tell us a thing. Sure, if he's telling the truth, and we lynch his innocent, then we figure out his sanity. If he's not telling the truth, then he knows who's innocent, and it's just another way for the scum to kill a townie. Sanity vs. lost townie. Hmm.
IH wrote:Do you think that outing the one of the towns most powerful tools would be worth MAYBE the scum getting ahold of TWO extra bells, especially when each player can only hold TWO items and can only use ONE of them a night. Especially when it's just a chance from around 1/5?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking with this.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:23 pm

Post by Cloud »

Yes, I think Lowell claiming cop was a terrible idea. It's the circumstances behind this claim that lead me to not believing he's a cop.

If he's lying about being a cop, then all the more reason to not know his innocent, for fear of this information deceiving the town.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:49 am

Post by Cloud »

IH wrote:It recquires a result to be revealed so we have a record of his results right then on that day, so he can't just say "Oh all the people who died are so and so" or make up something later on.
A record isn't going to help if they're all dead. What's the point of a cop if he just gets his innocents killed? A list of (hopefully) live innocents will be much more useful later on, and doesn't result in innocents who would otherwise be killed.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Cloud »

IH wrote:Any one of these could be avoided if he waits to claim results, in which people will become more and more confirmed. The only people that he can out safely and without a problem as a cop is his own team, and I doubt he wants to do that to much, because he will eventually be counterclaimed, and he will cripple his own team.
However, if he actually is the cop, we risk losing a few innocents. Is that worth catching him out as a fake cop?

If he is indeed scum, what harm can he do? If he gives us a guilty, and it turns out innocent, then we know he's scum and we lynch him. If he gives us an innocent, we just ignore him until he can give us a guilty. Sooner or later, he'll give us a guilty and we'll know if he's truly a cop. If he's scum and gives us a guilty, then he's sacrificing one of he's own mafia mates, or he's lying and we'll know he's scum. If he's a cop, he'll give us a guilty, and there goes a scum.

This way, we only lose one innocent if he is indeed a lying scum. With your method, we risk losing a lot more.

So what I propose with Lowell - Ignore him until he gets a guilty.
1. He's a real cop and we kill scum.
2. He's scum and lying about his guilty, thus we lose a townie but we know he's scum and we kill him.
3. He's scum and not lying about his guilty, thus we kill a scum anyway.

We get a scum eventually with those, and the most we lose is one townie, as opposed to endangering countless more if he reveals innocents.

--

Moving on,
Vote: Yamahako

Opinions are just that, opinions. They aren't anything substantial, and there's no way someone should vote based on early opinions. Suggesting we should vote off our supposed cop is no way to go about making a successful lynch.

Not to mention, pointing out the Bulletin Board seemed like a desperate to add some credibility to your argument, when we all know very well not to take the Bulletin Board at face value.

--

Can we get a vote count please?
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:23 pm

Post by Cloud »

EBWOP

"So what I propose with Lowell - Ignore him until he gets a guilty.
When that happens:[/b]"

In case that wasn't clear.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:57 pm

Post by Cloud »

We might agree, but that doesn't change the fact that you thought it was alright to vote off our claimed cop. Not to mention you voted IH for the sake of following the bandwagon and without providing any reason.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by Cloud »

Yamahako wrote:Actually, if you don't think Lowell is the cop, then VOTE him.
I never said you were in favour of lynching the cop. I said that you thought it was alright to vote the cop. If you truly believe Lowell is innocent, then why the hell did you say it was alright to vote him? Why did you bother saying that?

As for your 'pretty clear' reasoning, let's take a look:
Yamahako wrote:And
FOS: IH
Your idea is dumb, and you're defending your scum mate then?
Lowell's idea was dumb too, and you're 'pretty sure' he's our cop.
Yamahako wrote:sigh,
Unvote, Vote IH
Funny, no reasoning here. Just following Toaster Strudel's vote.
Yamahako wrote:
Unvote, Vote IH
And for some reason, you do it again, without reasoning and following StallingChamp's vote.

If the pretty clear reasoning you're referring to is this, a post far removed from your votes:
Yamahako wrote:You're pretty confirmed too, since you're trying to use craplogic to pit the town against the cop.
then I'll remind you of Lowell's 'craplogic' idea of -drawing the cop out- (which isn't very dissimilar to what you accuse IH of doing), who you seem to be a big fan of. Fan enough to give Lowell one of your bells. Perhaps it was a genuine belief that he was innocent. Perhaps it was a sly way of mafia exchanging bells to buy better items.

I'll admit that I didn't read the all your posts word for word as I was skimming back through the thread looking for your votes before, so I'm sorry if the reasoning you provided for your votes was located a page before/after your votes.

It just seems to me you were only comfortable with voting IH when other people were, and not because of your own reasons.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by Cloud »

Yamahako wrote:I think the bulletin board kinda clears you if lowell is the cop :-/ I thought I said that already...

Part of my role involves putting things on the bulletin board as well, which is the only reason I'm curious about it... but I can only put one word at a time on it. That's as much as I'll say - but I'm town :-/
And the Bulletin Board can just as easily be a red herring.
GreenLiquid wrote:The mod may also post messages on the board.
Also regarding your last post about the bulletin board, we can't assume that the cop can post on the board, nor can we assume that it must be the scum posting on it if it wasn't the cop. It could be someone's idea of a joke, it could be a way for the scum to manipulate us through reverse psychology.

Anyway, that's all I have time for right now. Back to deathly work.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:26 pm

Post by Cloud »

Not to mention he posted this right around post 346:
Lowell wrote:For the record, I did not post anything to the board. Nor do I have the ability to do so.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:58 pm

Post by Cloud »

Sorry about the inactivity. I'm pretty much done with exams now, so I can actually start posting.

First I'm going to
Unvote: Yamahako
because he's actually playing the game. All the stuff I said about him before still stands, but I think for the sake of the game it'd be best to vote someone else.

Battle Mage's argument against Kison is completely incoherent. Trying to play Mod? Agitation is evident? Please. If you're going to attack Kison, at least come up with something substantial and sensible that actually attempts to link his behaviour to that of a guilty party.

Concerning Yamahako's vote against Rand Althor, he has a solid case. Asking for a vote count when clearly the vote count hasn't changed substantially nor is desperately needed just shows he's only posting for the sake of posting.

The people on the TS wagon, can you reiterate your reasons for voting her?
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:58 pm

Post by Cloud »

Battle Mage wrote:dude, think about it. Who are the people who care most about speeding the day up? Scum.
As Yamahako said, there's a big difference between speeding the day up and keeping the game alive. I think Kison's intentions fall under the latter.
~N9V~ wrote:Hmm, how do you know this? Are you the real cop, and Lowell is lying? Or do you just assume that he is. There is a huge difference, and it could help us out greatly.
Now this wouldn't be a sneaky attempt at getting a claim out of him, hmm?
theopor_COD wrote:If anyone's uncertain why I'm voting TS, pls read my first post on replacing in.
I read the post, and you're pretty much voting TS based on her ignorance throughout. Ignorance isn't a very indicative trait of scum. In fact, one would think scum would pay more attention to their actions.
Toaster Strudel wrote:Methinks you're trying to deflect attention away from your scumbuddy Yamahako. With help from your scumbudy theopor_COD.

You're not very good at it. Try to be more subtle next time.
The attention wasn't even on Yamahako anyway. The attention was on you. And you're deflecting attention away from yourself. How subtle.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”